Elmanager

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

analcactus
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 20th April 2015

Post by analcactus »

Is there the "play level in game" feature? if it's impsy to implement with eol, maybe could integrate with raw elma2 engine? imo should be enough for testing stuff or am i missing something
Image Image
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

bene wrote:Numpad +/- still doesn't work dunno if I said earlier but I find it annoying.
I agree; added this to the issue list. I sometimes press the numpad buttons too.
bene wrote:Custom shape just random idea if you want to make something, doing vertex tool and copying that and transforming might be annoying if you make a level with a certain shape often dunno how useful it would be.
Edit: Another example is stuff like cheface or hammer that is recurring often in Zero/Skype levels. He imports a level for that every time to add it while he could have a custom shape for it for exampl.
I added the custom shape thing to the issue list, but it'd need some work so won't promise anything. What is easier, as danielj suggested, is to allow the user to set a custom new level template where he can put any logos/shapes he wants, so they are immediately available when making a new level. I added this as an issue as well.
analcactus wrote:Is there the "play level in game" feature? if it's impsy to implement with eol, maybe could integrate with raw elma2 engine? imo should be enough for testing stuff or am i missing something
At best, SLE can just launch eol.exe if it's not already running. It can't go to directly play the level without making some hard memory editing/patching.

SLE is written in C# and Elma 2 (including the engine) is C++, so integration wouldn't be so straightforward. Not really worth the trouble; it's not difficult to Alt+Tab and reload the lev in Elma.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

How about an option to show a rectangle with max dimensions?

Another minor thing: "File -> Delete level" would be useful for me at least. Sometimes renaming would be useful too.

This program is really getting near perfection. :) Great work!
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Good ideas Lousku; I added those as issues - and thanks :)
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 31st May 2015

Post by Smibu »

Changes:

* SLE: Make numpad +/- work for tools.
* SLE: Grid can be resized and moved with mouse. (1)
* SLE: Added support for importing images by integrating Radim's Vectrast tool.
* SLE: Level filename can be renamed.
* SLE: Added "Delete level" button.
* SLE: Added an option to show rectangle for maximum dimensions. (2)
* SLE: User can set a custom new level template. (3)
* SLE: Added an option to choose whether to use circles or triangles for vertices.
* SLE: Holding left Alt when selecting a polygon selects all inner polygons as well.
* SLE: Bugfix: Polygon edge selection was slightly inaccurate.
* SLE: Bugfix: Some settings were not applied initially.

(1): Use Ctrl+mouse wheel to resize grid and Ctrl+middle click to move grid.
(2): Enable this (and change color) from rendering settings. There is no toolbar button for this, at least not yet.
(3): You'll find this from config window. If you don't have any specific template, you can still use simple dimensions by typing for example "50,50" in the template box.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Amazing stuff again. Those minor annoyances like not being able to use numpad +/- and vertices being triangles are decreasing at a rapid rate (actually can't think of any such anymore), while also getting great new features. Wouldn't have even thought of "SLE: Holding left Alt when selecting a polygon selects all inner polygons as well." but it's a really nice thing to have. Maximum dimensions shown is really useful, and picture importing is fast and easy works really well.
Good job! :beer:
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

love the update aswell!
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Smibu wrote:* SLE: User can set a custom new level template. (3)
* SLE: Holding left Alt when selecting a polygon selects all inner polygons as well.
oh i like the new template idea, but was axpecting something like inserting image/texture but for a level, still cool idea tho, will use for template level starts and logo included :)

and how about selecting everything inside instead of only polygons, still could use selection filter if some stuff unwanted to be moved
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

The last annoying thing I can think of:

Going over pictures with mouse makes their frames stay shown, and in this example picture it's impossible to select the plantain picture without moving all the other pictures.

EDIT: oh yeah, the option to make an image out of a lev would be nice too for artistic purposes, and because converting a lev into an image and back is the only way to get rid of a specific error.
Last edited by roope on 16 Jun 2015, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Yeah a bit annoying, I would like the top left corner to be the selectable part for pictures & textures. For normal pictures, we could select an option for "smart picture selection" and you could select the viewable part of the picture, but still a disable-able option.

Also I'd like the "show full grass polygon" back as an option since I'm not always using it for its primary use, sometimes for transparent polygons, drafts or other stuff. It can be quite confusing to edit grass edges because we need to select the invisible edge.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

roope: there's a "bring to back" option in the right click menu for those cases so that you don't actually have to move the other pics (bring everything to the back until you get the correct one), but still that is quite damn inconvenient.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

FinMan wrote:roope: there's a "bring to back" option in the right click menu for those cases so that you don't actually have to move the other pics (bring everything to the back until you get the correct one), but still that is quite damn inconvenient.
Yes I tried that already, but it's incredibly inconvenient. Actually didn't work at all, just got things even more fucked up.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

bring to back is for when 2 or more pictures/objects have the same distance, they still have sub distance not editable in game, but that will do the trick in SLE
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Don't place pictures over other pictures, problem solved. You heard it from me first.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

roope wrote: Going over pictures with mouse makes their frames stay shown, and in this example picture it's impossible to select the plantain picture without moving all the other pictures.
Hmm yeah it is annoying, I created an issue about this: https://gitlab.com/Smibu/elmanager/issues/41
roope wrote:EDIT: oh yeah, the option to make an image out of a lev would be nice too for artistic purposes, and because converting a lev into an image and back is the only way to get rid of a specific error.
What's wrong with File -> Save as picture? Is the picture too small?
Mawane wrote:Also I'd like the "show full grass polygon" back as an option since I'm not always using it for its primary use, sometimes for transparent polygons, drafts or other stuff. It can be quite confusing to edit grass edges because we need to select the invisible edge.
Ok, there'll be an option for that in the next version.
Mawane wrote:and how about selecting everything inside instead of only polygons, still could use selection filter if some stuff unwanted to be moved
Yeah, makes sense.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Smibu wrote:
roope wrote:EDIT: oh yeah, the option to make an image out of a lev would be nice too for artistic purposes, and because converting a lev into an image and back is the only way to get rid of a specific error.
What's wrong with File -> Save as picture? Is the picture too small?
Oh, I totally missed that! But actually that doesn't work in the way I described; you can't import the image created from the level back into the editor. Maybe put an option to choose between the "full graphics version" and black/white?
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Transform could hev some way to keep the size and only rotate. Like holding shift or something.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Lousku wrote:Transform could hev some way to keep the size and only rotate. Like holding shift or something.
thats exactly how it works actually, hold shift or ctrl for those features ;)
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Mawane wrote:
Lousku wrote:Transform could hev some way to keep the size and only rotate. Like holding shift or something.
thats exactly how it works actually, hold shift or ctrl for those features ;)
Oh watehell, I thought I tested it. What a fool I'm. Sry and thanks! :))
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Devin cannot see any pictures eventho he has .NET framework you recommend (actually a newer version of it, not sure?) know what the issue would be? he can only see frames of polygons osv
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

roope wrote:Oh, I totally missed that! But actually that doesn't work in the way I described; you can't import the image created from the level back into the editor. Maybe put an option to choose between the "full graphics version" and black/white?
Yep, that's on the issue list now.
Mawane wrote:Devin cannot see any pictures eventho he has .NET framework you recommend (actually a newer version of it, not sure?) know what the issue would be? he can only see frames of polygons osv
Does he have LGR selected? E.g. if he selects Picture tool, is there any warning about missing LGR? Can't really think of any other reason.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

yeah he does, forgot to mention i guess
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Oh stumbled upon another annoying thing I forgot! SLE often crashes while I'm searching for a nice font in text tool; only TrueType fonts are supported but I can't know beforehand which are and which aren't. Maybe the program could only list TrueType fonts or something?
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

I can't seem to reproduce the font crash bug anymore for some reason - can you send an example font file that causes a crash?
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I can't see what vertices that are selected any more (actually any selected object it seems). Did it change recently or is there some setting for it?
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Smibu wrote:I can't seem to reproduce the font crash bug anymore for some reason - can you send an example font file that causes a crash?
http://kopasite.net/up/zys3ybankd8dd98/HoboStd.otf

Here's the error:

Code: Select all

************** Poikkeuksen teksti **************
System.ArgumentException: Vain TrueType-fontteja tuetaan. Tämä ei ole TrueType-fontti.
   kohteessa System.Drawing.Font.FromLogFont(Object lf, IntPtr hdc)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.FontDialog.UpdateFont(LOGFONT lf)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.FontDialog.HookProc(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   kohteessa Elmanager.CustomControls.FontDialogMod.HookProc(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.SafeNativeMethods.ChooseFont(CHOOSEFONT cf)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.FontDialog.RunDialog(IntPtr hWndOwner)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   kohteessa Elmanager.Forms.TextToolForm.fontButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   kohteessa System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

danielj wrote:I can't see what vertices that are selected any more (actually any selected object it seems). Did it change recently or is there some setting for it?
Zero had the same problem. Try to adjust "Vertex size" from rendering settings. If all else fails, delete ElmanagerXXXXXX.dat file(s) and reconfigure the stuff.

roope thanks, it looks like I can't reproduce the bug on my system (Windows 8.1). I think I have some Win 7 virtual machine lying around so I can test there later.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Thanks, that fixed it :)
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Mouse wheel zoom doesn't work on Windows 10 with default settings, but there's a workaround available: https://gitlab.com/Smibu/elmanager/issues/46
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Found a weird bug that in some cases the previous/next level function doesn't work. When trying to use those arrows to view other botch levels, 'next level' gives me the first level of my elma folder, and 'previous level' gives the last one. For example in my own level packs it works fine.

EDIT: oke restarting the program fixed it, maybe it was caused by SLE being open when I downloaded the levs or something?
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

EDIT: oke restarting the program fixed it, maybe it was caused by SLE being open when I downloaded the levs or something?
Yeah, it doesn't notice if more levs are added to the lev dir when it's running. I can add an issue about this.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Mawane is no longer here to beta test the next version... :(

So from now on, I'll post a "beta" version here before I push the update to everyone. I wait a few days and if there are no complaints, I push the update.

Here it is: http://users.jyu.fi/~mikkalle/Elma/Elmanager_next.zip

Of course I've tested it myself too, but to minimize annoying surprises I'll do the updates this way.

Changes:

* Save snapshot with high resolution
* Fix mouse wheel zoom on Windows 10
* SLE: Add option to show inactive grass edges
* SLE: Select also objects, pictures and textures inside the polygon with left Alt
* SLE: Add option to capture pictures and textures from borders only
* SLE: Improve handling of possible topology errors with fonts in text tool
* SLE: Add a shortcut key for saving as picture
roope wrote:Oh, I totally missed that! But actually that doesn't work in the way I described; you can't import the image created from the level back into the editor. Maybe put an option to choose between the "full graphics version" and black/white?
That is now possible, but for now you can't choose the snapshot colors separately; it uses the same settings as the editor. So you have to temporarily change settings for taking the snapshot if needed and then change them back.
roope wrote:the option to make an image out of a lev would be nice too for artistic purposes, and because converting a lev into an image and back is the only way to get rid of a specific error.
Can you elaborate - what is this error you're talking about?
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Thanks for update!

Saving as picture froze my computer for 5 minutes.
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 25th August 2015

Post by Smibu »

danielj wrote:Saving as picture froze my computer for 5 minutes.
That's weird... what were the dimensions of the saved picture?

Anyway I updated now and included a few more fixes. Changes since May:

* SLE: Improved rendering performance for levels with lots of textures.
* SLE: Added a shortcut key for saving as picture.
* SLE: Added an option to show inactive grass edges.
* SLE: Select also objects, pictures and textures inside the polygon with left Alt.
* SLE: Added an option to capture pictures and textures from borders only.
* SLE: Improved handling of possible topology errors with fonts in text tool.
* SLE & Replay viewer: Snapshot is saved with high resolution.
* Changelog is displayed in a web page by clicking a link instead of in a text box.
* SLE: Bugfix: Incorrect topology error about too many vertices was reported sometimes.
* SLE: Bugfix: AutoGrass froze with certain polygons.
* SLE: Bugfix: Mouse wheel zoom did not always work on Windows 10.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I think it was something like 16K x 16K.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I think it would be a good idea to make it impossible to use a character in the level title if it won't appear in Elma (like apostrophe) to avoid misleading people. I dunno, maybe it's already done in the latest version but I'm afraid to update now because last time I did it all the settings resetted or something...
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

"Vertex size" setting has been resetting with updates. Nat suar if other settings too, haven't noticed at least.
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 27th August 2015

Post by Smibu »

@danielj Ok, on my comp the dimensions are 4096^2 so your picture is 16 times as big. The lag for me is 1-2 secs so it can be indeed be a lot bigger. 5 mins sounds a lot so I will probably have to fix that somehow.

@kuchitsu I added that as an issue.

@Lousku Yep at least a couple of people have had vertex size being reset, I don't know about other settings either. It tries to load the old settings file and if some setting is not present, I guess the default value will be 0. I could probably add some check to make sure all settings are sensible.
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

program wont start after upgrading...
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Schumi, I need more info to be able to do anything. Any error message? Do you start the program by clicking a lev/rec file or the exe, or does it crash regardless of this? Does it help if you delete ElmanagerXXXXXXXX.dat file(s)? Your system specs? (Install Speccy and File -> Save as text file.)
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

okay, i was imprecise
base program starts successfully, replay manager okay, only SLE crashes, i have win7x64 enterprise. i deleted elmanager folder completely, created a fully new install dir, but still error
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Hmm ok. Without an error message I have one guess where the problem could be. I'll send you a test version when I think I may have fixed the bug.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

This is a yet-another-random-feature-request-just-for-the-sake-of-it, but would be really nice if the freedraw mode accuracy could be edited. I just bought a new drawing pad for my computer and would be neat if could draw levels more accurately.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Smibu, was not possible to change autograss width in SLE? i think it was but i can't find it! halp!
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

ye tried find too but failed but might've missed it somehow
ToMaT
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

+- when the grass is selected)

or do you mean like from the sides?
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Thanks roope it works!
In my head there was a field in main settings to set autograss width, maybe this was improved in some version and i didn't notice. This is much better now.
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Mrrrr
Kuski

Post by Mrrrr »

It would be nice if possible to add a PreviewHandler for .lev files. Maybe Smibu man knows how to do that.

For people who don't know what preview pane is, here is a suggestive pic:

Or maybe just give PROGID and CLASID for sle. Dunno.
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

In my head there was a field in main settings to set autograss width, maybe this was improved in some version and i didn't notice.
Yeah, it used to be in the settings but it was clumsy so I made it like the others (+/-).
This is a yet-another-random-feature-request-just-for-the-sake-of-it, but would be really nice if the freedraw mode accuracy could be edited. I just bought a new drawing pad for my computer and would be neat if could draw levels more accurately.
Ok, I can add an issue about that.
It would be nice if possible to add a PreviewHandler for .lev files. Maybe Smibu man knows how to do that.
Sorry, I don't have any experience in those.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

With selection tool its easy to select only grass polygons and then move all grasspolygons in level up or down to make thinner or thicker. Works well if you made manual grass but failed with ontended thickness too.

In Ale can set how edges of grass is supposed to be, would be good in SLE so we see less grassbugs in battle levels...
Elasto Mania - ez better