Game of Thrones (topic with spoilers)

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Zero
Kuski

Game of Thrones (topic with spoilers)

Post by Zero »

Haven't noticed any talking about Game of Thrones here in lauta. Would like to hear some comments, opinions and maybe theories from elma mans)

Feel free to include spoilers. Let's make this a post-season discussion.

So. Thoughts about the sixth season?
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
skint0r
39mins club

Re: Game of Thrones (topic with spoilers)

Post by skint0r »

sik as shiiiit, ez best season even though writing went to shit now and then and 0 sense making things =D the only series where i bother checking subreddit and reading people's comments and theories. really helps in such series because i'm pretty dumb viewer and not catch subtle things at all and barely remember many names of those non-main people who still has some plot-threads with them. like one apparently obvious thing which i would never think about: jon man father being targaryan wtffff sik :O

and that thing where prophecy about the red comet which was briefly mentioned somewhere, and you see stark man got that red comet sword looking thing or what was it, and how it was believed to happen because of dragons or wtf.. so strengthen jon being like holy moly savior man even more. totally didn't read books so only base on those tv things and what read from it.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

unless never been there or know about btw: https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/
usually fucking hate such tv-series centric sites/forums/whatever because usually nonsensical fanboy circle jerking and uninteresting discussion of stupid shit, but this one of those few very could spend hours reading through theories from smarter mans than self 8)
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Bullshit prediction:

Dany's ships will be struck by lightning and she will spend another 6 seasons on the Summer Isles getting drunk with Tyrion because she figures "eh fuck Westeros."

Westeros, meanwhile, deprived of dragons and Targaryens, is overrun by zombies. Everybody dies except Cercei, who through sheer willpower is able to kill the Night King and defrost the entire continent and its inhabitants just to get her boytoy Jaime back. Inadvertantly she also brings back Ned, who kills her and Jaime. Ned rules Westeros for many glorious years before a meteor strikes and destroyes the entire planet.

Actual prediction:

Dany faces Crow's Eye, which will go to shit because in the end she's going to marry Jon. That's the entire season. Then in the next season after that, Jon, Tyrion and Dany will ride the dragons because they're all secretly Targaryens. United with Highgarden and Dorne they will kick Lannister ass. Then they will kick the Night King's ass, but at a high cost.

Bran will learn to fly or smth I dunno. Arya will kill Cercei.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

But isnt Dany an aunt of Jon. Imo duno if the marry if Bran tells this to Jon?
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

also worth it just to spy post-episode retard-captions http://imgur.com/a/pInEt they so dumb i still laff every time
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

just spare the hound pls ._. how still be mad at him
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

pretty much 99% what ruben said, hard to imagine anything else happening. just wandering how all these random smaller plots will end or if some characters will just be forgotten and pretend not exist hoh
maybe some 1% chance bran goes full treetard and becomes a dragon or controls or or some shit who knows. when fight night king and posse bet will look really grim and close and out of nowhere some dragon army comes to save the day and burn everyone's asses
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

skint0r wrote:pretty much 99% what ruben said, hard to imagine anything else happening. just wandering how all these random smaller plots will end or if some characters will just be forgotten and pretend not exist hoh
maybe some 1% chance bran goes full treetard and becomes a dragon or controls or or some shit who knows. when fight night king and posse bet will look really grim and close and out of nowhere some dragon army comes to save the day and burn everyone's asses
There is a theory that Bran will get a dragon of his own (an ice dragon). If he is able to control that it makes sense when the Raven said he would learn how to fly.
<nick-o-matic> niec

roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Yeh agree that Ruben's predictions are quite likely-ish. Earlier in the series it was kinda "omg never know what gonna happen" but as time has gone by it's getting easier to guess what GRRM/the showrunners are thinking and where things are going. I just watched a video where GRRM admits that fans are correctly guessing what's gonna happen.

What I always have loved is when cool people from different story arcs meet. I've considered the Dany story arc the most boring (except when Jorah :3 is getting screen time and when Tyrion and Varys arrived), but now things are gonna get interesting when they arrive in Westeros. Also King's Landing stuff was a bit boring this season without any of the characters I love to watch, like Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, Jaime etc. etc., it's mostly Cersei being "uuh fug yeah i'm a cold bitch i luv my boys i hev zombie mountain :>".

Jonsykkel been cool, Sansa getting more annoying than before because she's starting to be a player. For seasons and seasons I've been waiting for some of the Stark kids to meet again, and when those 2 did, it was oke for just a little while and then oke sans go away.

Wild guess: the Hound will axe his way to the iron throne :> (I really hope they include his madventures next season)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Yep dany + dorthraki and unsullied shit got pretty lame, specially when less and less of naked dany!

the hound + bronn would be best combo to get together.

Tommen pretty much ruined all good feeling also, it's like... pls joffrey back, tommen even worse jesus christ. like some 10 yr old cuck boy.

duno what more likely, arya or jaime killing cersei hoh.

pls delete theon also, sad annoying character. really not loving this approach that's going where he is redeeming himself and looks like gonna stay alive a little bit, probably die in some fight and be brave and some stupid moment where sister says "dame proud son, you a man still!!!".

also not looking forward to good characters who just has to die because would not be GoT without it happening. RiP brienne probably, maybe some fights vs jaime gonna happen when lannisters and united front clash together or something. Also Tormund no way he gonna live :( probably die in fight vs night king and does some sacrifice to help jon go super sayan on them or something. Davos probably rip soon I guess too, no idea how.
Samwell maybe chance rips also, learning to do some sick spells or something and comes to join big fight and also does some sacrifice, who knows.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Ye I dunno what they could even do to make Theon enjoyabel anymore. Right now he's not doing anything but being a whimpering fukboi. If he goes back to total wreck, that's been seen for such a long time that I don't wanna see that again. If he redeems himself and goes full heroic mode man in some battel (like skint said), that'd just be predictable and boring.

His sister is a najs character though 8)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Didnt read posts, but i have one question, how the "man without balls" dunno his name got into the ship with the others (dwarf etc), he was at Dorne, did he teleport or what?
Team SPEED

roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Teh teleportation is a norm complaint, but of course the explanation is that there could have been days or even weeks between the scenes. The show takes place over years and years.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Labs wrote:Didnt read posts, but i have one question, how the "man without balls" dunno his name got into the ship with the others (dwarf etc), he was at Dorne, did he teleport or what?
Yeah people complain about teleportation, but the simple explanation is just that a lot of time passed between those two scenes. Also, Dorne isn't that far away from where Dany probably is, so it's not even a long journey. Could've taken a day. And his name is Varys ;)
<nick-o-matic> niec

5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

Bran can fly because he is the three-eyed raven.

Fucking amazing season was! and i especially enjoyed it with that GoT subreddit, they spot a lot of things i wouldn't be able to
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

skint0r wrote:the hound + bronn would be best combo to get together.
There was a scene with these two in season 2, before the battle of Blackwater.

Also. I think there will be a big battle on the sea between danys forces and Euron. It's very likely that Dany will win but I suspect someone important from her posse will rip.

Well, if that doesn't happen I still have a hard time believing that she will just get to Westeros without any problems, otherwise she would be just unbeatable. Something nasty will happen for sure..
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I like spying GoT, but hate theorycrafting or overhyping for random shit. I only checked reddit for some interesting references that were noticed but 90% is just random bullshit theories. Just watch the series and thats it.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Spoilers for 6th season.

I wonder other languages, but poor ppl that make the spanish dubbing xd. "Hold the door" in spanish was dubbed as "Aguante el porton"... Aguanta el porton, el porton, el portonodor, portonodor, portonjodor, onjodor, hodor xddd???
Even better the Latinamerican version. "Dejalo cerrado"... dejalo cerrado, alorrado, arrado, rador, jador, jodor, hodor.

I know they had a hard task after not knowing that secret for six season and suddnly HOLDTHEDOR, but this is just too much XD

edit: ofc i always watched it in english and thanks god i did that xd
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

To me GOT was about starks vs lannisters, while anticipating the undead attack (when the fuk is it going to start? super annoying) it all started from season1 when jamie tried to kill bran, it's been going downhill. Since then it was about following tyrion, best char in the whole shit, very little of that in s6 yawn. Most of the sidelines are pretty retarded and boring, i enjoyed following hound stuff though, the char is just fun. Faceless god, three eyed raven, ramsey bolton, the old retard thta killed rob and cat, arya just killed in s6e10, ironborn idiots (theon acting very oke though!) etc etc just boring 0/10 content. The door episode (s6e5 i belief) was probably the best episode though cuz just felt so surreal, perfect execution osv