FEM 2016: 28.7.-5.8.! Join #fem2016! 1st post updated 24.8.!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Re: FEM 2016: 28.7.-5.8.! Join #fem2016! First post updated!

Post by Orcc »

Coal to meet Zweq again (and ofcoz secret foreign visitors)! I can pick you up on Friday at Seinäjoki or Parkano train station, should also be able to fit some stuff into car (laptop etc.).
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Just wanted to announce that I would like to make a presentation of the current state of my documentary project. So if there will be a projector and some kind of speakers I could use for that it would be max nice. Could be on the first weekend when most people are there, if you guys are interested. Maybe Saturday before beer balle (?).

Not to get too stoked: I've been sick lazy with it throughout the year but recently started editing again. I think I'll be able to present at least a few minutes of film at FEM. It will be still be pretty rough but I'm hoping for feedback from everyone who wants to help! Also I'll propably bring my camera to stick it in peoples faces all the time - beware :)
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Re: About participating FEM16

Post by roope »

Chaza wrote:Unfortunately, due to recent events in EOL I will have to (re-)consider my participation in this nice event again and in the bigger picture - the whole EOL community. It is a shame, since I know there are lots of really nice people out there (nom, talli, etc.) and I know it'd be a lot of fun, not to mention I had already pretty much agreed to take Polarix and Mats to the Virrin tila.

Sorry nom, I know it is not your fault and you are the wrong person to have an influence over something completely disconnected to you; however, I rather not see few people there without proper apologies/conversations ( I guess those people know who they are ) and some discipline actions, after of which I might still attend.

It is a shame it had to go this way, but I see no alternative at the moment.

My aim was solely not to derail this thread, only to inform you nom and give a public response, and I hope to see no replies in this thread concerning this subject.

You, who this affects, may connect me via lauta PMs, if necessary.
Too bad you feel this way. I at least tried to make it clear that I don't have anything against you personally, and would gladly again meet you and chat with you normally in FEM. However, what was done had to be done, there's absolutely no denying that - even though you have the right to disagree of course. I would still ask you to come, since many mans from the PK-seutu need a ride)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

what happened, if i may ask?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Im ready to return to Finland, maybe to learn some new words, last time I was there I only learned baila baila :P

Looking forward to meet many of the cool elmans. Cookies for everyone!
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Lol, this FEM sounds so kickass with all these promising names. Can't wait to see the photos and stuff. And yeah, I would like to know what happened with Chaza too, offtopic or not... If it's just some silly drama that was blown way out of proportion, I hope you guys can resolve it somehow. Don't want the scene to lose people like Chaza.
Ithy
Kuski

Post by Ithy »

if someone can give a lift from Riihimäki, let me know.. going/leaving dates don't matter, main point is that I could bring cpu. :3
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Zweq wrote:im also coming for somekind of visit during the first weekend, but duno details yet. mega hyped tbh, just worrying about how to get there and how to sleep :P
Woah, I want to come just to see the legend! Please bring your elma stuff and donate them to the needy, I will hang your keyboard on my wall plz.
Mira
37mins club

Post by Mira »

Hello! :) I'm always playing on my personal computer (big one) which I can't take with me to FEM obviously, so in short,
there might be possible issue with my gaming gear for me and for others maybe aswell(?). Therefore, I ask you (mostly Finnish ppl naturally)
to take some extra stuff to play on (some extra monitor/screen would be great). I'm certainly taking KB, though :lol:
I can imagine this request might be too obvious and well known generally, still I felt like it wouldn't hurt to repeat that issue.
Thank you in advance guys! and see you there))

11:15:17 <Blaztek> Bye all, I leave for work.
11:32:33 <umiz> wtf blaztek works? i thought he was pro elma player
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

btw will there be ff cup again? do you need levs for something?
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

kuchitsu wrote:btw will there be ff cup again? do you need levs for something?
I hope there will be some kind of normal battle cup. Anyway need organizer(s) for that.
Team MiE
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Some discussion about possible contests:

Battle cup:
Some ideas: 8-12 events during 1-2 days (before sauna time). Battle lengths could vary between 20 and 60 minutes. No skips? (to keep it simple). Different type of levels.

Need someone to collect levels and rename them (and decide battle times). Probably eye-testing should be enough so collector could also participate. Also need simple method for calculating points. But what would be good total length for cup? For example 10 events on 2 days with battle time lengths on average 30 min. It would take about 3-3,5 hours on both days including breaks (4*10-15 min).

1htt:
This could be started any time via eol. Maybe possible to have Zweq play it too?

24htt:
This is pretty legendary contest and fem might be best chance to gather nice amount of players for it. Anyone outside of fem could also participate - just need admin to start the battle separately for everyone. Possible dates: 1.8-3.8 (mon-wed).

I wonder how many (very) interested players we should have. Anyway for me it's ok to play it alone after fem.

Downsides:
1. probably couldn't have much program on same day (though I wouldn't mind)
2. high chance to fuck up sleeping rhythm
Team MiE
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Bump me up to confirmed list. Coming for whole duration unless something.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
terba
Kuski

Post by terba »

Beer battle will be on saturday.

There will be a diploma for the winner and prizes for top3.

Send bb-levs to hotsholja1(at)gmail.com

Anyone can make, I'll choose the final 15 for the bb. If I get more than enough, we can use them for FEM-battles or sach.

:beer:
holja
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

insane guy wrote:Just wanted to announce that I would like to make a presentation of the current state of my documentary project. So if there will be a projector and some kind of speakers I could use for that it would be max nice. Could be on the first weekend when most people are there, if you guys are interested. Maybe Saturday before beer balle (?).

Not to get too stoked: I've been sick lazy with it throughout the year but recently started editing again. I think I'll be able to present at least a few minutes of film at FEM. It will be still be pretty rough but I'm hoping for feedback from everyone who wants to help! Also I'll propably bring my camera to stick it in peoples faces all the time - beware :)
Yes, there's a projector this year as well, Cabin Lady very kindly added one to cabin's buildup. It would be very nice in general if some ppl show some interesting stuff for example like Spef showed his secret WR recs in 2014. Actually I am going to show with it correct answers to the femquiz after it has taken place. Btw, question and assignment suggestions for it are still very welcome!
Mira wrote:Hello! :) I'm always playing on my personal computer (big one) which I can't take with me to FEM obviously, so in short,
there might be possible issue with my gaming gear for me and for others maybe aswell(?). Therefore, I ask you (mostly Finnish ppl naturally)
to take some extra stuff to play on (some extra monitor/screen would be great). I'm certainly taking KB, though :lol:
I can imagine this request might be too obvious and well known generally, still I felt like it wouldn't hurt to repeat that issue.
Thank you in advance guys! and see you there))
Yes it certainly does not hurt to repeat that, bringing extra gaming gear is very preferable. =) I try to bring something as well. So far at least Orcc and terb0 are bringing extra laptops (according to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1635247393). Also afaik ville_j is bringing an extra laptop. About external screens I don't know, but I hope at least someone brings one at least after your message. :)
kuchitsu wrote:btw will there be ff cup again? do you need levs for something?
If I get levs, yes. :) Maybe there would be time on Friday evn?
adi wrote:Battle cup:
Some ideas: 8-12 events during 1-2 days (before sauna time). Battle lengths could vary between 20 and 60 minutes. No skips? (to keep it simple). Different type of levels.
Maybe there could be several battle cups with like 5-6 levs so that all levels could be played in a row?
terba wrote:Beer battle will be on saturday.

There will be a diploma for the winner and prizes for top3.

Send bb-levs to hotsholja1(at)gmail.com

Anyone can make, I'll choose the final 15 for the bb. If I get more than enough, we can use them for FEM-battles or sach.

He, 8 posts, joined in 2003. :) Anyway, awesome, thank you very much terb0! Now we have arrangers for beer battle, femquiz and FFcup (if it happens). Finding the arrangers is the most difficult part always, please someone take responsibility for some of these competitions:
  • Battle cup (there could be many).
  • Total time contests (lowest TT in a levelpack in fixed amount of time, could be many like there was last year)
  • Some other competitions
You don't even need to participate FEM to arrange these competitions - for example a total time levelpack is really easy to gather and you then just have to give levels to someone who arranges the practical part. I have been contacted by few eager levelmakers who just don't know what kind of levels to make and who to send them, so it should be easy to get levels to your competition!
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

very curious for all activities, also outside of the gaming arena.
adi just said on eol there was supposed to be irl elma last year but noone brought a bike.
just thought of it and it could be amazing contest, like set some route near the house and drive for fastest time? migth be weird but sounds max fun if you ask me
also dunno how many guys would join that, can also be dangerous if someone goes tryhard. requires a bike also.
im in for any kind of activity to burn out some alcohol leftovers
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Actually it was 2 years ago but anyway was meant to be joke i guess.
Team MiE
terba
Kuski

Post by terba »

Koo I missed you in IRC but the answer is yeash.

You can come, there's just enough room. But after JKL the car will be very full :)

holja
terba
Kuski

Post by terba »

And can't bring Karhu-barrel.. daymn.
holja
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Some thoughts:

1) I'm supporting Chaza to come to FEM without knowing anything about the issue.

2) insine guy: good idea.

3) Some semi-official and public schedule would be nice in the big screen.

4) I can make some quality abustyle BB levels on Friday.

5) I might take an extra screen if needed. Unfortunately no extra laptops here unless I can somehow 99.97 % protect my work laptop.

6) Bonus: I could finally make a new moposite official pie for zero during the meeting.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
terba
Kuski

Re: FEM 2016: 28.7.-5.8. Join #fem2016! First post updated 2

Post by terba »

Copying abustyle

1) Aye just joinga (Chaza stuff)

2) agreeable (insine *tsih*)

3) is okiz (schedule)

4) nise (abulevs... )

5) i cane bring 2 laptops, 2 screens (2nd screen only if asked to, it is 1280x1024 with DVI-D and D-SUB)

6) :beer:
holja
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Re: FEM 2016: 28.7.-5.8.! Join #fem2016! 1st post updated 23

Post by nick-o-matic »

Updated the first post, these parts edited:
What is it like in FEM?

To see it perhaps the best way is to check the pictures of previous FEMs, kindly provided to us by Markku:
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2014/
http://mm.1g.fi/kuvat/FEM2015/

Is there going to be some rules or other kind of boring stuff?

Yes:
  • Please recycle, we try to put own places for norm waste, cardboard, biowaste, metal and glass. Also bottles and cans worth money will have own places and as per tradition, they will be returned to the shop and obtained funds will be used as cabin rent money.
  • This year end cleaning is included (it was last year too but due to finance problems we cancelled it and cleaned ourselves). However, we have to take all the trash and make dishes, and also in general leave the cabin in non-horrible condition.
  • There has been some problems with the fridge space during the last two years. So please try to use fridge space reasonably and organizedly. Drinks can be stored in an outside ground cellar. It's not as cool as fridge but you can take some drinks from the ground cellar to the fridge or freezer shortly before you use them. Also when you leave make sure that you are not leaving anything to the fridge because then it will use fridge space for the whole FEM. If you want to leave something there for others to eat/drink, please make sure everyone know that those items are for everyone. =)
  • If you use the laundry machine, please ask others if they want to put something to there as well.
  • FEM is a big community for one week, and as a by-product of fun fun fun there are also plenty of tasks that need to be done to keep things rolling and the place in non-chaotic condition. I would appreciate if everyone would contribute in some ways to these things that include at least:
    • Taking the trash out
    • Returning the empty bottles and cans to the supermarket and giving the €€€ to me (for FEM-money)
    • Emptying the dishwasher
    • All other kind of miscellaneous cleaning and organizing of the place
    • Making sure theres cofe in the cofe machine
    • Making common food
    • Taking care of warming the wood sauna
    • Most importantly: contributing to the program and competitions or at least making battles for EOL if there isn't anything else going on - the meeting is about Elasto Mania after all =)
Where can I sleep?

In summary there are:
  • 7 (IIRC) premium-quality beds in the main house and one really small one.
  • One small room with an extendable bed (enough for 1-3 mans depending on how close you are)
  • 3 beds in the extra sauna cabin (not sure if we can use it for the whole time)
  • More than enough extra mattresses that can be scattered anywhere.
All of these options strictly require bedsheets. And extra mattresses also require own pillow and blanket/sleeping bag. You can also sleep in your own tent or car as few people have done. Or in rocking chair/sofa/plain floor... xd

When can we come and when we have to leave?

The arrival time is flexible this year as the prev mans are planning to leave at Thursday but we can go to the extra sauna cabin even before they leave. Also I promised that since we basically get one extra day for free due to this double-booking, we can help Cabin Lady with the cleaning and organizing tables etc on Thursday or Friday morning. Also I told that the cleaning is not needed to do excessively for us.

The next mans after us will come on Friday at 16:00 and officially we should leave by 12:00 but I guess if it is needed some mans can hang there for few hours more (especialyl if they help Cabin Lady in cleaning and re-arranging the tables even though we don't have end cleaning this time =P).
I will by the way bring a couple of extra keyboards and some extra bedsheets if someone doesn't take them =)
dz
first 39tt

Re: FEM 2016: 28.7.-5.8.! Join #fem2016! 1st post updated 24

Post by dz »

Unfortunately I cannot attend on the weekend which would have been preferred since bb. But 1-5th is a possibility.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i had to make an decision so i can stop worrying, so i decided that i will cum with own (mothers) car just so i can take pece, i do not own an laptop. I can also disassemble and take with me an small conputer table but duno if that is needed? I can provide one paket of gofe of primest quality, for quality gofe consumption moments. I will leave kokkola on friday at around 16.30. i donno how to drive there and i hav stone age phone without gps. I guess ill just yolo the route. I will leave fem on sunday 17.00 or earlier and drive bak to kokkola.

one question must be asked, how internet work?? i dont hav wlan adapter in pece, wil there be slots for cable?
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Zweq wrote: one question must be asked, how internet work?? i dont hav wlan adapter in pece, wil there be slots for cable?
I also need slot for cable (and my cable is quite short).
Team MiE
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Zweq wrote:i donno how to drive there and i hav stone age phone without gps. I guess ill just yolo the route.
It's relatively ez: https://www.google.fi/maps/dir/Kokkola/ ... 08!1m0!3e0

Only turning to Vesilahdentie from the Tampere-Vammala road and then to the Virrintie are ez-missable. I think that checking those places from the Google street view is a good idea, I've missed both of those intersections. If you get lost call me 0445942988, should be poss even with your phone xd And then we can check your location from map.
adi wrote:
Zweq wrote: one question must be asked, how internet work?? i dont hav wlan adapter in pece, wil there be slots for cable?
I also need slot for cable (and my cable is quite short).
There's only 4 cable slots, last year it was enough but now we are going to have bit more ppl. Also in previous years many have brought mobile internet sticks, bringing of them is very very good idea this time too, should have stressed this more previously. At least one is required for sure for the router! If absolutely noone brings then we could buy one short-term internet stick from Vammala though. Also network switches would be highly wanted so that we could have more cable slots that way!

Another highly wanted thing is that kind of tape that doesnt leave any marks neither on cables nor floor (for taping cables to floor for preventing people on stumbling on cables)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

nick-o-matic wrote: network switches would be highly wanted
hmm i dont have such, but can a router-modem be configured into a switch?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Zweq wrote:
nick-o-matic wrote: network switches would be highly wanted
hmm i dont have such, but can a router-modem be configured into a switch?
There has been talks about using norm router as a switch in prev years, dont remember why it hasn't been done but there's some reason why probably. Anyway it's all ok now, Lousku brings a proper switch ^^ Now we should be able to connect all the non-wifi machines to our router, but internet sticks are still very useful (less wires is always good and it's always unsure how many pcs the one router can handle).
Zweq wrote:I can also disassemble and take with me an small conputer table but duno if that is needed?
Oh and absolutely no need at all for this.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

If anyone can bring any halfway decent speakers, please do! Currently looks like nobody is bringing any.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

does someone need HDMI only NO DVI largeish flat tv/monitor (maybe 24 inch), it's probably bad for gaming i have no idea
terba
Kuski

Post by terba »

I can bring audio pro addon T8, liek:

http://audiopro.com/products/addon-t8

Ez to connect phones via bluetooth or to comp with teh 3,5mm jack.

holja
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

:(
Elasto Mania - ez better
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Route update: I will drive my gf to Tampere train station on Friday. Time will be either 15:11 or 16:06, so if anyone needs a ride from Tampere around those times I will have space in my car.

Also I will pick her up again on Sunday probably around 18:00, so I can drive mans to Tampere then.
NoobSty2-competition

insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Orcc wrote:Route update: I will drive my gf to Tampere train station on Friday. Time will be either 15:11 or 16:06, so if anyone needs a ride from Tampere around those times I will have space in my car.
Yes! I arrive 16:35 at Hervanta but I think I can also get off at Kaleva. Would be awesome if that works, spoke to VilleJ and we were planning on going together from Tampere to FEM so would be max if you could pick us up! More details in pm or IRC?
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

any extra computer mouse would be welcome! i wont bring my own, would be useful for making gaylevs

cyas tommorow!
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

In the car pooling sheet I promised to bring an extra sleeping bag but I guess it's not really needed. I won't take it unless someone requests it.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Im bringing more stuff, for example ancient bad laptop that I got working! All in all now I'm bringing:
  • extra bedsheets
  • extra laptop
  • 2 extra keyboards for laptop mans
  • 2 extra mouses for laptop mans (useful for making levs)
  • few big black trash bags
  • old femquiz result papers (so you can have your old quiz back)
  • a bunch of towels and a pillow cover forgotten there after FEM14. I did remember these last year as well, but due to movings their location was not clear for me back then =D
It would perhaps be very nice if others brought extra keyboards and mouses as well. Those make laptop elmaing and levelmaking so much better, ithink they are nearly as needed as extra laptops.

Still haven't decided prices due to some uncertainities, I try to decide those today.
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

insane guy wrote:
Orcc wrote:Route update: I will drive my gf to Tampere train station on Friday. Time will be either 15:11 or 16:06, so if anyone needs a ride from Tampere around those times I will have space in my car.
Yes! I arrive 16:35 at Hervanta but I think I can also get off at Kaleva. Would be awesome if that works, spoke to VilleJ and we were planning on going together from Tampere to FEM so would be max if you could pick us up! More details in pm or IRC?
Oke we did discussion in Whatsapp so I'll first eat with gf and ville_j and then when insguy arrives pick him up and wroom to FEM! Virrin tila ETA 18:00
NoobSty2-competition

veezay
Kuski
Team: rotaplask

Post by veezay »

Looks like my attendance would be possible during 1st-3rd (mon-wed). Am bringing a friend with me who is also my car kuski so I can happily bear on the way there (and get there in the first place). He only played across/elma in 1999-2000 and then moved on. We had a threeway minimeet with Ville J some weeks ago and they seemed to get along well, so... fingers crossed.
Lousku wrote:If anyone can bring any halfway decent speakers, please do! Currently looks like nobody is bringing any.
I could bring my halfway decent speakers that I also had in 2014 (although looks like terb0 bringing his as well, but anyway). No subwoofwoof or desktop comp or dj stuffs this time though, orka move them around for such a short visit. I'll have my shit laptop and 24" monitor and since elmaing on it is so laggy I'll probably just concentrate on bearing and socializing and non-elma compustuff.

So nom, feel free to move me up to high chances. As for the friend who nobody knows, if you feel like adding him to the list, he probably wants to go with Anders that he used as his elma nick a century ago.
Prestigious member of 6.58 Tutor01 club
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I've just sent 4 battle levels to terba, hopefully they will be put to a good use! Have fun guys. :)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I was thinking about how to distribute offline levs, like TT balles and such. Last year we used usb sticks and handed them around which seems incredibly oldschool to me. It works kinda oki but if there are like 20+ ppl it can take a while. Since everyone should have internet access at FEM there should be a better way.

I thought of a few improvable options:

1. Create a mailling list/group. - orka
2. public upload to Kopasite, tell people file name and ez gogo.
3. More complicated stuff.

I think fo my own event(s) I will go with nö. 2.

Seeya tomorrow!
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

insane guy wrote:...
2. public upload to Kopasite, tell people file name and ez gogo.
Quite difficult to "tell" the lev names because need to repeat it 8 times. If people can come to #fem2016 channel, then ez.

EOL can't be used for sharing levels?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Decided the prices :beer:

Code: Select all

0 nights   5€
1          11€
2          21€
3          30€
4          38€
5          45€
6-7        52€
Johannes Nokelainen
FI7841082320014714

Paying in e-bank preferred, cash perfectly ok as well.

Non-FEM mans can pay as well :beer:
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

good stuff, thanks for effort. I did play round10 full duration btw, just never could do hard bounce style, but winning mans got less points. Wander how to determine / take that into account in the future
Ismo
39mins club

Post by Ismo »

Zweq wrote:but winning mans got less points. Wander how to determine / take that into account in the future
True. We'll see if I remember fix that for next years fem. Calculator is far from perfect.. it was made in some hours for fem 2015 to allow Markku play beer battle too. :)
[00:21:58] (@cyre) ismo taas juonu liikaa omenamehuu
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Are there any recs from the beer battle? Of course I'm mainly interested in the 1st event. :)
Kortsu
Kuski

Post by Kortsu »

I'll arrive tomorrow and stay until end.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Repeat 2h TT FEM competition:

Code: Select all

1.	Markku             04:53,89
2.	adi [MiE]          04:57,96
3.	Mira               05:00,94
4.	roope [MiE]        05:03,67
5.	Bludek [CART]      05:05,15
6.	Smibu [MiE]        05:06,18