Are you a psychopath?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Are you a psychopath?

Post by gimp »

A small percentage of the population is psychopathic, I'm sure there are some lurking on this forum. Ruben once mentioned that I might be a psychopath so I thought I would take some online tests because I don't believe I am. A vital part of these tests I'm sure is being as honest as possible with yourself.

http://vistriai.com/psychopathtest
On this test I scored 20, you need 30 to be a psychopath.

http://psymed.info/psychopath-test
On this test I scored 40, and it suggested I may be a psychopath and should seek counseling.

In general I believe I am good person. I am interested in doing things for the greater good, even if that could mean doing small wrongs. I also don't mind breaking rules to achieve personal success, as long as it doesn't affect anybody else. This could include lying if I know that nobody else will find out. I also think I would be willing to die for someone else in an extreme situation where my life created some sort of net gain for others, but that's easier said than done.

What are your scores? Do you agree with your results?

I am unimpressed with the tests so if you know of any better ones I would like to try them.
God Bless America
jblaze
38mins club

Re: Are you a psychopath?

Post by jblaze »

28 in first (daame, almost 30)
38 in second test
they say high-IQ people (156+ here) are prone to mental issues. some people who know me better notice my weird way of thinking and suggest some brain fuckupage (at least different fuckupage than others). parents were afraid of me being authistic kid when i was ~3 years old due to some weird behaviours :D i had some animal-torture episodes as a child. i might have some grounds for being a psycho
ye, i TOTALLY lack negative emotions in important matters and i wonder why all the people around me get so pissed about anything all the time. just dont care
so far im living the way of normal young man, but i definitely have some mental stuff that could grow with age. not necesarily psychopath, but something mental. i will tell you in 30-40 years.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I scored 8 and 11. I agree with the results. I'm not a psychopath, but I have met many.
jblaze wrote:i wonder why all the people around me get so pissed about anything all the time. just dont care
Me too. Some people get offended by the silliest things. It makes no sense to me.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

10 pts, emotional fuktard.
Lee wrote:
jblaze wrote:i wonder why all the people around me get so pissed about anything all the time. just dont care
Me too. Some people get offended by the silliest things. It makes no sense to me.
i get pissed off all the time, it makes all the sense in the world to me. According to analyzing myself last 1 year, it appears that when i lose my shit it's often related to unmet expectations. I didnt win -> fuck all, i got insulted in meeting when it was supposed to be fun -> fuck all, meal was shit instead of good -> fuck all, mans whispering me when i wanted to be alone -> fuck all etc
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

I get pissed off when people are assholes and do asshole things. But I also laugh quite exessively when people are offended by the slightest thing. Someone made a hilarious holocaust joke the other day, and one girl went apeshit over how disrespectful it was. Like, chill out, woman, we didn't kill anyone. It's the nazis you should be mad at.

Also, being a psychopath or having mental issues has nothing to do with being a good or bad person, it's just that your brain works differently. In a crisis, I imagine being psychopathic is a great advantage, because your frontal lobe doesn't shut down causing you to panic.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
5tr1k3r
Kuski

Post by 5tr1k3r »

20 first test
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

25 in the first
39 in the second

welp
39:37,91
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

14 and 20. No surprises there.
<nick-o-matic> niec

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

16 first
26 second

Don't really like such tests, imo very boring to go through and I feel like pretty much every single one of my answers requires a lengthy clarification of what I really mean by it. But still there is something attractive/fun about the idea of getting such a a quick diagnosis (even if it's most likely pure bullshit), so that's why I took this test I guess.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

17 first, 22 second. shit tests though
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

16 in first. Thought it would be worse.

However, I made some Aspie tests and my AQ is around 36, while 32 and above indicates that a person has some Asperger's traits.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Lee wrote:
My too, but I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing really.
Got 12 and 32, weird spread, probably nothing to do with the reality, but I definitely think I am not a psycho.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

16 and 25.
Team SPEED

Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

21 and 35
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

20 and 29. Priti stupid oversimplifyink tests as usual.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

27 in the first
43 in the second

It obviously states than I'm standing on the verge of insanity.

I have been to psychiatrist, it was a fun experience but it felt quite stupid. I kinda felt that the woman assessing me wasn't smart enough for her occupation. I got the feeling of it being place with simple-minded advices and guidance, just like a normal parent would say bring a jacket if it's cold outside.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

22 and 35 f o h q
ToMaT
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

i feel like nobody is giving these tests any respect. i agree they are not the best, but they still indicate you are some where in the ball park of being a psychopath. they also tell you that at the beginning of the test that they are only a pre-phase psychological test, not an accurate conclusion. i wouldn't label them as totally shit, for example i am confident there is a significant difference in say Zweq's personality and low scores and Mat's personality and high scores. but mats you now have the highest average of the two tests, and the highest score on the second test.

do you think you are a psychopath or what? are you empathetic towards others? i don't think these tests are testing your sanity.
God Bless America
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i thikn nobody should give them any respect. I got 31 on the 2nd test btw (10 on the first one), I didn't quite understand most of the 2nd test questions and I don't really understand how should i determine whether to answer partly agree, agree or strongly agree, so i just go with the middle choice to save time. dum shit

"the rules of the jungle govern the world and everyone deserves his fate" how the fuk..?`? yes rules of the jungle govern the world. no, often mans dont deserve their fate -> partly agree -> you're a psycho get head czeched 8O
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Zweq wrote:i thikn nobody should give them any respect. I got 31 on the 2nd test btw (10 on the first one), I didn't quite understand most of the 2nd test questions and I don't really understand how should i determine whether to answer partly agree, agree or strongly agree, so i just go with the middle choice to save time. dum shit

"the rules of the jungle govern the world and everyone deserves his fate" how the fuk..?`? yes rules of the jungle govern the world. no, often mans dont deserve their fate -> partly agree -> you're a psycho get head czeched 8O
Yeah I agree with this. A lot of the questions or statements on the second test were very weirdly phrased. I ended up answering the middle option a lot of times because none of them could be answered in such a simple way.

On the other hand, I do agree with Gimp in that they can be nice for making a rough estimate of where you are on the spectrum, but in no way an accurate test.
<nick-o-matic> niec

ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

funny topic. if you didn't know, psychophaty is removed in the latest editions of dsm, so it's kinda pointless to take tests for something that does no longer exist. it's like taking a witch test, oh you got 7 points, maybe you're a witch?
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Hi ofta, i am glad you got enjoyment out of the topic. Could you explain how this test is similar to identifying witches? I believe these tests only have a loose correlation to identifying psychopathy. In other words, if you took 100 psychopaths and 100 normal people, the psychopaths would score higher scores on average. Witches are fictional, and thus you could never identify them anyways. Also what is "dsm" and why does it matter that psychopathy was removed from it? are you saying that the term psychopath doesnt exist anymore? perhaps it has simply been replaced with a different term that these tests might help identify?
saying these tests have the same probability of identifying a psychopath as identifying a witch is a big statement, although i am prepared to be convinced (since you seem like an expert on it), i would certainly need more info from you than your current post. sources would be great too. thanks.
God Bless America
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

gimp wrote:i feel like nobody is giving these tests any respect. i agree they are not the best, but they still indicate you are some where in the ball park of being a psychopath. they also tell you that at the beginning of the test that they are only a pre-phase psychological test, not an accurate conclusion. i wouldn't label them as totally shit, for example i am confident there is a significant difference in say Zweq's personality and low scores and Mat's personality and high scores. but mats you now have the highest average of the two tests, and the highest score on the second test.

do you think you are a psychopath or what? are you empathetic towards others? i don't think these tests are testing your sanity.
I'm not exactly sure what defines a psychopath so I gotta read some, but I'm not even close to being as empathetic as most people are.
Many people let emotions control their brain way to much, but on the other hand controlling emotions is really difficult, confusing and scary.

Like if you watch someone suffer, your emotions want you to feel sorry for them and help them, while the brain says that's just a part of nature and how the world works. If you think without emotions you are in control of yourself. It's scary because you are then an ice cold person and it's confusing because you know you should feel more than you do, and the social standard states you as a horrible person.

I got into a fight a couple of years ago because a completely uncontrollable guy attacked me, even tho I got really angry when he punched me in the face I thought through scenarios very fast:

1. I beat him, he could retaliate with friends, police etc.
2. He beat me, hospital and pain etc.
3. Get away somehow.

I choose option 3 and as soon as he got distracted I went swiftly away and into the bathroom. Told a friend to tell him I ran off. He then went off to find me and problem was solved quietly. Everybody was happy for it to end quietly and we had fun the rest of the evening.

The thing is that if you follow your emotions it can feel good right in the moment but if you use your brain then things are good in the long run.

A good example is the refugee crisis. If you just are nice and invite them all at once, you could end up with a problem later. Emotion says help the poor people. Brain says you will end up with separated groups which always means trouble because of differences in language and culture. And therefore balance it for integration to do its thing.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

gimp wrote:Also what is "dsm" and why does it matter that psychopathy was removed from it?
DSM is a diagnostic manual that is used primarily in the US as far as i know (at least here in austria psychologists use ICD). What the DSM does is relevant because psychologists who use the DSM as a reference (and I suppose certified psychologists are obligated to use either DSM or ICD) can't diagnose psychopathy, if it doesn't exist in it anymore.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

Lukazz wrote:
gimp wrote:Also what is "dsm" and why does it matter that psychopathy was removed from it?
DSM is a diagnostic manual that is used primarily in the US as far as i know (at least here in austria psychologists use ICD). What the DSM does is relevant because psychologists who use the DSM as a reference (and I suppose certified psychologists are obligated to use either DSM or ICD) can't diagnose psychopathy, if it doesn't exist in it anymore.
lukazz providing sources thx. gimp: psychopathy doesn't exist; witches doesn't exist. pretty clear correlation right?
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Many articles and scholars still acknowledge psychopathy and use the word specifically when talking about DSM V

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... -disorders

http://www.theravive.com/therapedia/Ant ... .7-(F60.2)
"The terms psychopathy or sociopathy are also used, in some contexts synonymously, in others, sociopath is differentiated from a psychopath, in that a sociopathy is rooted in environmental causes, while psychopathy is genetically based."

Here's an abstract recognizing the term using DSM 5 personality traits
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23620353

I am no expert, I'm not even saying it's the best word to use, maybe it is a poor word to use, the only thing im trying to prove is that it is not equally as ridiculous of a thing to diagnose as a "witch".... a witch is black and white, they are definitely not real. psychopathy is like, "well we probably shouldnt use it because it is not currently recognized in the new DSM made three years ago, even though articles and scholars still use it everywhere on the internet when talking about real people with real symptoms" psychopathy is defined with real traits like narcissism and shit, something real. a witch is defined with shit like flying on a broom, something fictitious. i dont know how you can compare the two.
God Bless America
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

:blushes:
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

gimp wrote:I am no expert, I'm not even saying it's the best word to use, maybe it is a poor word to use, the only thing im trying to prove is that it is not equally as ridiculous of a thing to diagnose as a "witch".... a witch is black and white, they are definitely not real. psychopathy is like, "well we probably shouldnt use it because it is not currently recognized in the new DSM made three years ago, even though articles and scholars still use it everywhere on the internet when talking about real people with real symptoms" psychopathy is defined with real traits like narcissism and shit, something real. a witch is defined with shit like flying on a broom, something fictitious. i dont know how you can compare the two.
What makes psychopathy "real"? I believe you think it's more real than witchery because you have an intuitive concept of what psychopathy is. But like all other psychiatric diagnoses these things exist because psychiatrists defined them in some certain way. But it's pretty subjective after all. After an official definition changes of course the colloquial use of the word doesn't change instantly, but maybe in fifty years nobody will use word anymore and the concept will be considered archaic, like witchery and hysteria (to give another example) are now.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

When I grow up im gonna be hysteria doctor :twisted: