Pokémon GO

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Re: Pokémon GO

Post by Kopaka »

I definately agree with culinko, but I also think to some degree people are just bored and there's a lack of other topics they can write in. Haven't been any moderation here in a few years.

On topic I caught my two first pikachu yesterday \o/ I do wish the game had a bit more depth to it, not really much to do with a pokemon once you have a good one. Fighting gyms doesn't feel very meaningful, unless you can troll some kids whos there by fighting them. But it's really satisfying the completionist in me for the time being. At level 20, 88km walked, 580 captured (63 unique ones), 68 hatched. Recently been trying to focus a lot on hatching eggs, since you can get a lot of candy from those and thus be able to evolve some quicker.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

In today's update (0.35.0), they added an in-game IV checker that tells you if your Pokemon is good or not and some additional info, such as what's its highest stat, if its attack is equal to defense, etc. Even though you don't get the exact numbers, you don't need to manually check every caught Pokemon anymore, cause now you know whether it has 81%+ IV (still need to figure out the exact numbers) because of the different messages you receive by your team leader. So if you don't want Pokemon below this number, you can just transfer them right away after catching if you see the message for lower IVs. Also you can know more precise the IVs if you use the online calculators. If 2 of the options have the same attack and defense and the 3rd doesn't and the team leader doesn't tell you that its attack is equal to its defense, you can safely assume that the 3rd IV option is precisely your Pokemon IV. I haven't expected this to happen so soon and I'm loving it!

Edit: Looks like these are the IV thresholds for the different phrases: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongodev/c ... os/d6swpuo. And this site has some additional info: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal.
Last edited by culinko on 25 Aug 2016, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Disclaimer: You might get banned if you use any sites/apps which are using your Google/PTC account and then are getting data from Niantic servers, but only if you used them after the yesterday's update. If you want to check IVs, I recommend this site which already incorporated the appraisals as well: http://www.ivfinder.xyz/. There's also apps that use OCR or mem reading (a quick google should find them, use at own risk).
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

berh's gone for a bit so Labs is trying hard to fill the void. not the first instance of this holier than thou behavior either. like srsly, why?
39:37,91
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Lev.24 now with 106 pokemon on the dex. Haven't used any cheats yet so I feel my account is safe. And now they even got the in game IV teller which works quite good. Still haven't found any charmanders or bulbasaurs.
TT:39.59.86|| AvgTT:41.49.24 || Multi TT:27:43:82 || Team [TR]
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

This fucker cost me 30 Ultra Balls cause only 4 actually reached him (tried curveball, normal throw, L throw). It's 49% IV, low CP, garbage skills, but a Pokédex entry nonetheless! http://imgur.com/a/trJkF
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Nice culinko, I know a guy who spent all his stuff aswell and then the pokemon ran away :P
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/update-082916/

This should confirm my theory that if you still use the 3rd party apps that are accessing Niantic servers, you might get banned in the future. However if you used them in the past prior to the recent patch, you should be fine. This post also suggests that some people using those sites/apps might have been banned, but are now unbanned. However, this might only be related to mapping, not IV checkers, but you never know. Bjenn: is your friend unbanned now?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

poke mongo
[carebox]
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

milagros wrote:poke mongo
I keep reading that everytime aswell :D
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Foreign region specific pokemon can't be hatched from eggs. :(
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Found out about Bulbasaur nest thx to my brother (he moved next to it). I had ~13 candy after two months of playing, now 87 candy in two days (1-1,5 hours in those days of walking around beautiful park near center of Prague). Too bad that Ivysaur is bugged on some android phones (including mine :( ) atm. So be aware, fellas, don't evolve your Bulbasaurs just yet. Its 3D model will not load, and after that ALL the 3D models will be fucked up. U have to close the app and restart it again to make it work. I've read about it on reddit and then saw it myself, coz there was an Ivysaur in a gym in that park (no surprise :) ).

One of the closest friends of mine started playing this game too and I am super happy about that. We went to take down some gyms tonight, was obv max cool. He is a bit more competitive than me and is already the same lev (24), even though he started playing like 3 weeks ago. I've got better pokémon than him :D (2100+ Snorlax Lick/Hyper Beam, 1600+ Golduck with Water Gun/Hydropump. Those are the only ones I put stardust into), but he has some nice ones too.

I am also happy that none of my friends (4 ppl I know that paly) uses sites/apps, that show locations of pokemon around the city. That srsly ruins the thrill for me. I love when my phone vibrates and I bumb into smth cool.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I was in Prague some week ago doing conference with work, holy shit how many pokéstops there are in Prague!!!!
Also found 87% IV 1600+ Dragonite which now is powered-up to above 2300 CP, it has the best move set also =)

I helped a small chinese guy to catch it, cuz he didn't reach it when throwing his straight noob throws.
theunreal
Beginner kuski

Post by theunreal »

I am already level 26, trying to get a perfect Dragonite using IV calculator.

currently I own only Dratinis.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Found a Porygon while hanging out on hotel in New York, never seen that Pokemon in the game before. Also had Tauros walk about the hotel all the time but never show up. Then I dropped (and broke) my phone so couldn't play anymore. Would've been nice souvenir :)
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

I am 26 too, playing at the same pace as before, but the progress is moving a lot slower now. Few days ago I saw Dragonite in Sightings for the first time, but it despawned before I found it. Was kinda pissed about that, but it is oke). I still like the game a lot. I have only 107/107 in my pokedex (which is quite low for my lev, afaik), so now I am putting all my coins from gyms to incubators. Do you mans have like 130/130 by now?

I have a Snorlax and 3 Vaporeons (2x Hydropump) over 2100 cp and few other strong pokemon. I especially love my 1900 Exeggutor w/ Zen Headbutt/Solar Beam, he slices through those Vaporeons like it was nothing. I have exeggcute as my buddy now, need more candy to max him. Btw Exeggutor is pretty rare in my area, I never see him in gyms - I got lucky with exeggcute egg hatches.

I also try not to waste my stardust, I prefer evolving high cp pokemon over putting a lot of stadust into high IV/low cp dudes. Also I only put stardust into pokemon with best offensive movesets. Only 2 exceptions are my Venusaur (Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb :( ), but at least that is good moveset for defending, and 95,6% IV Vaporeon (Water Pulse), but he has so high cp, that he can stay in gyms for a looong time.
But I guess it is maybe even better to max out pokemons with high cp for defending. Ppl sometimes attack gyms with high prestige and then stop attacking after some time, after they realize, that it would take them an hour or so to take the whole gym down and high cp pokemon stay there.

btw my Snorlax is still not maxed out, coz I left him in gym in a small village in the middle of nowhere and he is there for good 3 weeks now :D Also impsy to get candy now, coz I only hatched him once and never saw another in sightings.

edit: sad story, John :(
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Rofl Snorlax story Bludek :)

Anyway, I'm level 24 with 107/107 pokemon too. I hardly ever visit gyms, just want to find as many diff pokemon as poss)
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

I'm level 23 with 92/93 pokedex. Eventhough living in big city I haven't gotten around to taking trips to the known hotspots that much. Have walked around with many incubators a lot though, so gotten a lot of my better ones from eggs.
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

this Halloween event is fucking great! Only 1/4 of original distance needed for buddy pokémon, 6 candy for catching pokémon (instead of 3), extra candy for trasferring, ghost pokémon EVERYWHERE, new screen and other cool stuff. And one of the nicest parks in Prague is a Charmander nest since last migration! (I've got a Charizard now :) )
Niantic did it right this time :beer:
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Haven't opened pokemon in weeks, but I just might check this out!
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Are there any graphs showing players online over the last weeks?
I'd like to see how big the decline was, and what is the demography.
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

Ppl still play it? Thought it died after summer.
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

There's a lot of active players in my area. And this Halloween event was a massive success; I saw like 4 times the number of people playing compared to the usual number.

Now when the event is officially over, did any of you guys started to play again/played more?

I've been to local Charmander nest like 4 times and I also got enough candies for my first Gyarados, thx to this event. It sure encouraged me to play more. I also walked like 50 km to get as much Dratini candy as I could, still far away from Dragonite, tho :(
lvl 28, 124/137pokédex
my top mans -> https://imgur.com/a/2fVpu
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Did two short walks during the halloween event to check it out, but I'm having winter hibernate because orka play when it's cold outside. Maybe play some next summer, if the game is still alive. Seems like not many people are playing in my city anymore, probably due to the weather. Also it seems like blue team is ruling here, many gyms are maxed out by them.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

lvl25 pokedex 112.

Sucks to have so little lures now when it god cold. :cry:
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Bludek wrote:Now when the event is officially over, did any of you guys started to play again/played more?
Less. Have barely played since event. Was max nice during teh though)

I'm level 27 with 128 caught.

Getting a bit tired of the game atm, long time since 10km eggs and I usually get HNGH move sets when evolving good IV stats pokemon(

I have a few 100 % IV, Butterfree, Dodrio, Golem)
Team LOS website

-
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Played a lot during the halloween event, so been taking it a bit easy after that, and also it's getting cold, today got first snow here, so not that intriging to get out and play anymore. Will try with my stylus so at least I can play with gloves on.

Level 24, 102 caught.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

80 new Pokémons, improved customization, few new types of berries and supposedly different behaviours of encountered Pokémons. New update.
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Yes, ty for telling earlier, suddenly pogo more fun again)
Team LOS website

-
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Got Steelix today :beer:
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Level 28, 183 caught, 201 seen... Still hardly used any Stardust, saving for later. Battling now and then.
Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Level 32 as of yesterday. Caught 213, seen 223. Only one left from 1st generation is Aerodactyl (Europe zone).

My best gen2 pokemon is a 96 IV Pupitar, still not enough candy for Tyranitar, hope it will get good moves =)
Team LOS website

-
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Boomer
39mins club

Post by Boomer »

Boomer wrote:Level 32 as of yesterday. Caught 213, seen 223. Only one left from 1st generation is Aerodactyl (Europe zone).

My best gen2 pokemon is a 96 IV Pupitar, still not enough candy for Tyranitar, hope it will get good moves =)
Aerodactyl, check.
Team LOS website

-
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

Grats on getting all boomer.

Im at 130 originals. 177 caught total and 200 seen
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Level 31. 215/225. 985k stardust (will go over 1M before starting to use it)
Bludek
38mins club

Post by Bludek »

Level 31, forgot to do mass evolve when there was event. well, missed many xp, but whatevs. I open the app for few mins every day to get daily streak and 10 coins off of 1 gym I still have. 184/198. I did not go out just to play PoGo since december. I usually open it when I remember it on my way to work.

My best friend I used to play with is still playing it kinda hardcore. lvl 35, three 3k+ cp Dragonites, 3k Gyaradoses and Rhydon, looting 60-100 coins from gyms every day. Also some sick shit like Ampharos with best attacks (imo impsy to even get Mareep). But he plays like every day after work, wtf.
Mats
39mins club

Post by Mats »

I saw first lev 40 ever in my village 2day :O
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Level 32, 225/231. Still have plenty of Stardust, almost constantly over 1M. Waiting for that 100IV Dragonite :D
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Is this still a thing?

What are player stats now? How many still play, and how does Niantic support it? I can't see anyone in my surroundings even remembering this existed.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

John wrote:Level 32, 225/231. Still have plenty of Stardust, almost constantly over 1M. Waiting for that 100IV Dragonite :D
Wrote that as a joke...

Got my third (that I know of) 100IV today, a Dratini! Now I have a non-boosted 100IV Dragonite with Dragon Tail/Hurricane. Sick!

1229764 Stardust atm D:

Level 33, 228/232
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Wow nice John!
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

The strategy of doing these events with more of certain pokemon is working really well, it's keeping me active in the game at least. In the just concluded fire/ice event I got enough for a Typhlosion, Houndoom and my second charizard. Also caught a wild Lapras for the first time (got another one from egg earlier).

Recently was able to evolve a Machamp and Alakazam, which means I just need 1 more to have all gen 1 pokemon (hitmonlee). ~15k xp away from level 30.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Yeah Kopaka, the events sure keep things interesting. I always evolve during Lucky Eggs so haven't yet evolved anything from previous event but I got enough candy for Typhlosion, also just one catch away from having enough candy for Meganium even though that had nothing to do with event :) Other than that there's probably not going to be any new pokemons for me on my next massevolve. Got 82 planned evolutions so a Lucky might happen tonight, usually have time for 74-77 somewhere.

Btw 15k isnt that much, lev 30 yet Kopaka?

Any opinions about the new gym mechanics? Personally Im happy that the 21 hour timer before collect is gone and that coins can now be gathered in increments of one (1 coin/hr). Already been kicked out of 3 gyms and 1 still defending. 8, 12 and 14 coins respectively from the first 3. Also nice that gyms also works as pokestops now, makes my neighbourhood slightly pogo-friendlier.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Not sure about the gym update, I mean it's an improvement, but I don't see it making gyms more interesting. It's the same dull combat, and now you can't even do combat if it's owned by your own team. The limit of 1 per type will make it a bit more variated of course.

Raids might be interesting, but we'll see.

And no not 30 yet.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Kopaka wrote:Not sure about the gym update, I mean it's an improvement, but I don't see it making gyms more interesting. It's the same dull combat, and now you can't even do combat if it's owned by your own team. The limit of 1 per type will make it a bit more variated of course. But haven't actually tried fighting one yet, only placed a single pokemon in one I came by.

Raids might be interesting, but we'll see.

And no not 30 yet.
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

230/234 (Tauros, Ampharos, Heracross, Tyranitar)

Quite ez to maximize coins/day now that daily limit is lowered to 50 and reward is 1coin/10min. Just put a few poke in gyms late and have them stay til morning :beer:
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Level 30 (some 250k xp from lvl 31)

Dunno what to say about gym update. Old system was quite horror in every way (though training own gyms was quite fun). Don't really like new system either but it's much easier get coins now, so I'm quite happy. However, Raids seems more promising update. Tried so far level 1-2 raids soloing. Opponents were pretty easy to beat (might only need 1 fighter). Catching boss might be a bit tricky, at least without using golden razz berries (saving them for more important bosses). Anyway managed to catch both times and had to spend over 10 razz berries. Probably should try today lvl 3-4 raids if can find other ppl to join.

I've 750k stardust atm. Some days ago got a bit bored and decided to use stardust for the first time. Evolved my 93% IV Larvitar to Tyranitar with Bite + Crunch and power upped to 2800 CP. Well I actually have 600 magikarp candies and 160 dratini candies (Dratini 91%, Magikarp 87%). Probably should consider getting my first Dragonite. Also got lvl 30 Magikarp with good IV =/, wonder if good decision to evolve that first and save stardust.

EDIT: evolved 91% Dratini and got Dragon Tail + Hurricane!
Last edited by adi on 29 Jun 2017, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Team MiE
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Haven't played in a long time, but now I'm 28, almost 29. Had to start playing again cause my mom is 29, and being the "gamer" in the family I can't fall behind! My sis is 35 though, but I ain't competing with that!

I'm excited for raids. I can see myself doing hardcore ones with my mom and sis. Also nice that I can solo level 1-2 raids.

The new gym system seems to allow for easier takeovers, which is nice. Blues have historically owned my area (my theory is because it's the blue subway line), so as a sole yellow fighter it was extremely hard to take over a gym, let alone hold one..

Also I like the fact that the events come fairly tightly (once per month seems fine). They do encourage me to make just a little more effort, which is nice.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages