leagues in eol

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

leagues in eol

Post by Chris »

I'm not really mad or anything, probably more people are mad at me. I was drawing battles and started like 5 already that day then suddenly someone told me that I shouldn't add anything because some league is ongoing. In my opinion everyone should be free to start anything whenever they want to, regardless of some leagues or cups. Especially since these league events are much more frequent than ff cups or anything like that. Cups aren't regular events, so it's kinda expected that nobody shall disturb them. But these league events happen all the time, so should wait in queue as everyone else.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: leagues in eol

Post by Lousku »

I dont tink anyone was mad at you, just asked to not add since Tm had limited time. But ofc it's oke to add anyway unless it's a bigger preannounced event.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

lal ye sure you are allowed to add whenever you want
like lousku sad, noone said any word of being mad or whatever towards you, you only misunderstood my line where i asked if you could wait with adding a battle for a moment. then you added, noone was mad or whatever, me and other guys said its nvm np and oke, go on. you were excusing yourself and behaved as if we were shouting at you like crazy while noone said a word :D you must have misunderstood some line from someone
chill, nothing happened and ofc you can go on with your battles whenever and do your job. peace
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Thank you guys :beer:
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

To expand teh topic a bit from that one case, I think this one of those situations where I think everyone would prefer there not being hard set rules, everything can just evaluate the situation and act like what they think is the best. There is a fine line though; for example TL has been known to practice adding mega long battles just before some big events, that's not okay, but some (accidental) 15 min balle before a league match isn't that bad. Of course it's not nice if someone has limited time to play and can't play because of that, but at least ECL is good for being very flexible. I would personally advise against aborting battles from queue without the starter's consent.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I once had a sick level I was gonna start like 30min balle, put it in queue, youtube like 20min then go to EOL and see it aborted in favor of some kind of event.
Don't remember which event or when this happened really but could be nice with a warning.
ToMaT
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i once aborted you're sick level cuz it was like 100 mins battle and it would have postponed egp2 start by at least 200 mins
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I once saw a rock and I said to myself "pebbles". The end.jpg
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Hosp wrote:I once had a sick level I was gonna start like 30min balle, put it in queue, youtube like 20min then go to EOL and see it aborted in favor of some kind of event.
Don't remember which event or when this happened really but could be nice with a warning.
Yeah I think it was EGP2. Tried getting a hold of you but couldn't. The warning had been up on Lauta for a week.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Ok yeah very np.
Wish there was some app that sent a message to your phone if your level has been aborted/stopped, maybe it could alert you if you have won a bael without uploading rec or sach too.
ToMaT
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Hosp wrote:Ok yeah very np.
Wish there was some app that sent a message to your phone if your level has been aborted/stopped, maybe it could alert you if you have won a bael without uploading rec or sach too.
I tend to spy my own battles. Also, you don't need to manually upload your winrec, this isn't Belma =D
<nick-o-matic> niec

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Man, probably the most annoying thing in EOL for me is when I prepare evening tea with cookies, do finishing touches for my level, and when I'm just about to add it and enjoy nice spy with food, someone else adds a battle. In the best case it's just some 10 min juka lev, in the worst case it's a fucking 60 min chris apple, which ruins my evening a bit. Then I get pissed and start yelling at people. :( Sorry if I've ever done this to you, I should probably just enter a nut house. xd
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

kuchitsu wrote:Man, probably the most annoying thing in EOL for me is when I prepare evening tea with cookies, do finishing touches for my level, and when I'm just about to add it and enjoy nice spy with food, someone else adds a battle. In the best case it's just some 10 min juka lev, in the worst case it's a fucking 60 min chris apple, which ruins my evening a bit. Then I get pissed and start yelling at people. :( Sorry if I've ever done this to you, I should probably just enter a nut house. xd
Imo it's everybody's game. You kinda have to claim a spot in the queue if you want your battle at a certain time. It's just fair that whoever adds first gets to battle first.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Ruben wrote:Also, you don't need to manually upload your winrec, this isn't Belma =D
Well you have to enter a level for the rec to automagically upload, in Belma only difference was having to press F11 to upload as a winner.
So if Kaz plays 10min of a 20min battle then leaves, if he wins the winning replay won't be uploaded until he enters a level again.
ToMaT
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Hosp wrote:
Ruben wrote:Also, you don't need to manually upload your winrec, this isn't Belma =D
Well you have to enter a level for the rec to automagically upload, in Belma only difference was having to press F11 to upload as a winner.
So if Kaz plays 10min of a 20min battle then leaves, if he wins the winning replay won't be uploaded until he enters a level again.
Really? Never even knew this.
<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I didn't know you had to be in the level (do you?), but you defo have to be online. So yeah, if someone leaves, bb.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Pawq wrote:I didn't know you had to be in the level (do you?), but you defo have to be online. So yeah, if someone leaves, bb.
You can be online but alt-tabbed, and it doesn't up rec then. The situation actually came up for me today, and I'm fairly certain that you have to go into a lev to up rec (instead of just being in the menus).
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

replays are automatically uploaded even if you are in replays
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Entering a replay or lev is fine but it won't upload if you're in the menu.

I hev had someone borking at me for starting a balle before them, simply because they had said they weer going to make a lev. Just wtf entitlement. Queue reservation should only be for scheduled events that many players are expecting and waiting for. And maybe league matches if the players are rarely online together..?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Lousku wrote:Queue reservation should only be for scheduled events that many players are expecting and waiting for. And maybe league matches if the players are rarely online together..?
100% agree.
<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I sometimes bork when that happens, but I never mean it seriously, I hope it's obvious! It's normally something like "dame lous, I just made a lev! >:O((("

And yeah, I agree with Lousku's quote quoted by Ruben.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I don't really read eol chat when I draw levs, sometimes I check queue. I don't like people that draw lev then come to eol and moan that levs have been added in the meantime. There is common sense when someone is about to add some long ff or something like that, but a lot of people just add levs without reading anything and even if they read, the best way to claim place in queue is to add lev. Not even pre announcing some battle should make anyone entitled to queue. Only some cup-like events should have preference, though not something as frequent as league (only when really, really needed).
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Chris wrote:I don't really read eol chat when I draw levs, sometimes I check queue. I don't like people that draw lev then come to eol and moan that levs have been added in the meantime. There is common sense when someone is about to add some long ff or something like that, but a lot of people just add levs without reading anything and even if they read, the best way to claim place in queue is to add lev. Not even pre announcing some battle should make anyone entitled to queue. Only some cup-like events should have preference, though not something as frequent as league (only when really, really needed).
10 mins over is oke, but preannouncing IS claiming a spot, imo more important than the queue.
<nick-o-matic> niec

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Ruben wrote:but preannouncing IS claiming a spot, imo more important than the queue.
No, it's not, for a very simple reason - not every eol user follows mopolauta. So can't blame a non-lauta user for starting a lev when there was supposed to be a preannounced FF or something. Most people already state that the time is gonna be approximate when preannouncing, which is very sensible.

There are cases that are obviously malicious, like somebody starting a 60min flat track deliberately just before, say, an ECL event is supposed to happen, but they're quite rare. I think most of the times people act reasonably and there isn't any problem in the first place :) Just common sense...
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Pawq wrote:not every eol user follows mopolauta.
And that's their problem. Usually it's not a big deal, and a few (even many) minutes overtime is oke. But again, if people get pissy because someone aborted their battle when there had been a preannouncement then that's just stupid.
<nick-o-matic> niec

ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

Ruben wrote:
Pawq wrote:not every eol user follows mopolauta.
And that's their problem. Usually it's not a big deal, and a few (even many) minutes overtime is oke. But again, if people get pissy because someone aborted their battle when there had been a preannouncement then that's just stupid.
why can't you just read what ppl say? preannouncements are not 100% legit. it feels like you're calling chris stupid.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

There's no rule anywhere that certain battles have precedence over others. If you have something preannounced you can ask the other starter nicely and I'm sure in most cases they'd be fine with it being aborted and started later. It's just a minor annoyance if they had planned to eat jelly beans and watch battle and have to tab and watch youtube instead.
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Kopaka wrote:There's no rule anywhere that certain battles have precedence over others. If you have something preannounced you can ask the other starter nicely and I'm sure in most cases they'd be fine with it being aborted and started later. It's just a minor annoyance if they had planned to eat jelly beans and watch battle and have to tab and watch youtube instead.
Yeah this. Usually people are okay with it and there's no problem. What gets to me is when people start a 30+ minute battle at the exact moment a preannounced battle is supposed to start, and then start raging because someone wants to abort it. Then it doesn't matter if the battle is aborted or not, because the situation is already sour and unfixable. Luckily this rarely happens and everyone's fine.

@ofta I don't think Chris is stupid, and even if he started raging that wouldn't make him stupid. He's gotten disappointed sometimes, and I absolutely understand that, who wouldn't if their battle got aborted. I just think it's easier sometimes to let the battle be aborted and then add it to the queue again, especially where long battles are concerned. Obviously if the battle has already started (and not just in the queue) then you should be more careful with abortions.

And of course all situations are different. It all depends on the length and the nature of the battles which one should take precedence.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

I would never abort battle in queue unless starter tells me to abort. Usually when you want to start battle on time, you come early, you ask people to fill the queue and then you add battle to queue or if there are no battles and you have some other level, start the level and then immediately add your 60 mins ff or anything you prepared. Generally when starter doesn't want to have his battle aborted (very rare) you watch youtube, play elma or prepare food and wait for your battle to start.

The other thing are cups where the event should start on time because many people wants to participate and in that case I would make room for such a event. Battles even preanocunced are just for fun and people can wait. Still other starters very often are willing to make room, just ask them nicely and don't be mad when they refuse. :beer:
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Chris wrote:I would never abort battle in queue unless starter tells me to abort. Usually when you want to start battle on time, you come early, you ask people to fill the queue and then you add battle to queue or if there are no battles and you have some other level, start the level and then immediately add your 60 mins ff or anything you prepared. Generally when starter doesn't want to have his battle aborted (very rare) you watch youtube, play elma or prepare food and wait for your battle to start.

The other thing are cups where the event should start on time because many people wants to participate and in that case I would make room for such a event. Battles even preanocunced are just for fun and people can wait. Still other starters very often are willing to make room, just ask them nicely and don't be mad when they refuse. :beer:
Yeah I absolutely agree. :beer:
<nick-o-matic> niec