Program requests/ideas

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

skint0r
39mins club

Program requests/ideas

Post by skint0r »

Quickly searched and don't think there was a centralized topic for this, so I make. Thought it could be helpful and nice to have a place where people could write requests for Elma programs they want to have made, or just give ideas for something that doesn't already exist. Obviously it would be better to write ideas and feature requests to a specific program in its own topic instead of here.

There's quite a few people in the Elma scene who are capable of programming to various degrees, so why not try to utilize the opportunity. Pretty pointless writing stuff like "Elma 2!!111" etc., but maybe you've always wanted a program that would quickly change all apple animations in a level to the same animation, or something equally weird or specific. I'll try to keep a little updated list of the requested programs, and if anyone is volunteering to work on something so several people aren't wasting time on the same thing, even though it's unlikely to be a problem. Not sure how much will actually come of anything here, but whatever.

Map maker (skint0r semi-possibly might be working on this in the near future)
There has already been a couple of this made, though all sort of lacking in different aspects. Requested features and ideas:
  • SVG option, with customizable colors for sky, ground and objects
  • Texture option (make it look like in-game), custom zoom levels
  • PNG/JPG rasterized option obviously also
  • Custom dimension option, maybe make it possible to supply multiple ones to make differently sized images at the same time
  • LGR option
  • Command line interface so you can pipe input with list of levels and batch process
Rec2Movie
Capturing with fraps/obs/whatever sucks. In-game dump sucks and takes too long time. jonsykkel made something but it's not really usable in its current state I believe.
  • Choice of output resolution
  • FPS option
  • Use proper interpolation algorithm that matches in-game look of replays and make shit smooth
  • Zoom options for view and textures like in EOL
  • Timer option
  • Maybe use ffmpeg or x264 library directly to make compressed, but still lossless output. Sucks working with some 15gb raw huffyuv shit video file for a few minutes of replay.
  • If using those libraries, also have some options to just encode x264 directly with specified settings
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: Program requests/ideas

Post by Lousku »

skint0r wrote:jonsykkel made something but it's not really usable in its current state I believe.
I don't hev the program but I beleev this is unedited output from teh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zaxoFmS1k4
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Cold
Kuski

Post by Cold »

Even tho I'm disliked from the community, I'm still available for requests on modifications of elma, I always provide source code, so no bullshit.

I don't have much knowledge in the .lev or .rec structure so don't ask me to do anything for that.

All I need are ideas, for example:
http://www.recsource.tv/r/nikupselxy
http://www.recsource.tv/r/cutyfbaziv
http://www.recsource.tv/r/measkiofjd
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9296 - kinda buggy, one of the first hack that I made
I also made an anti-crash, unreleased. (out of map, 2+ starts, etc...)

I'm more interested in directly modifying elma's code or adding mine to it. I have most of elma's code mapped and commented.

Thanks
Canada
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i'fe tried at least two things. if someone with bigger brain is bored and can do them quikly plz do so

- better vectrast (a tool that converts raster to vector to .lev)
- a tool that reads level and replay and generates a new level that fills the level with ground material without interfering with replay (would give quite funky looking recs) done by domi

both had some problems i couldnt solve cuz of inability to come up with oke algorithm(s) and general programing nabness.

vectrast i got working but couldnt solve all cases (super small polygons, smooth curves without having million vertices and stuff).

the other tool couldnt figure out how to take into consideration the travel of bike between 2 frames
Last edited by Zweq on 17 Nov 2016, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

impsy to my for now, but i also had this idea with replay+ground thing actually. as i was making this lev and replay library i wandered to maybe try doing that some time. i guess you will just have to figure out interpolation thing for replay frames. didn't try doing anything with that yet, but wandered a little bit since had ambition of making some rec2mov thing in very far future if ever could manage to figure shit out.

vectrast thing doesn't sound too horrible maybe to do, but i think i not dare start it because just working with image thing while making this map maker is horrible enough as is.

there is however source code for vectrast available, maybe worth looking at it: https://github.com/piskvorky/VectRast
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

interpolation is a start y, however there was some tricky problem i couldnt brain. If i remeber right i generated images of some rec paths by drawing circles on wheel and head positions using pygame and some random elma python helper library made by stini. I tried some extreme case like mega rotate for long time with alovolt in freefall and it showed that wheels travel a lot between 2 frames actualy, and obv the path is like circle curvature or some gak. Then ned to choose points along the path for the new ground material, while not using more than 5000 data points. When to make new poligons for islands etc? And at the same time all of it should look good and not lame far away from wheels/head (around here brain starts to go full out alerm alerm proces overflow canot handle etc)
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

posibru look at recsource max thing since he use in recplayer there http://www.recsource.tv/js/recplay/19b3 ... af3b05a99/
im nab at such no idea how works but guess some polynominal... something interpolation does such curve idiot, who knows... math magic duno how it work. think it probably in that recrender.js and possible take into account some angle of bike based on ration or it... or something?!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

hev some almost working test examples soon of mapmaker, did very basik quick vector art of apple killer and flower, bike probably take forever to make... would put some more work into making look pretty after have more working things obviously. also grass and texture/pics not coming anytime soon i guess, maybe could try out a rasterized png version where easier to do, but this svg thing was horror to work with already, bet norm images even worse.

Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I would appreciate a program that would be able to cut recs (beginning and end of the rec).

I will pay $20 to the person who makes it first.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Mad: isn't that already done by jonharsykkels or b0nes or so?
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

no definitely not made any time before (maybe some virus .exe can be), this is egseptional software i am present here now: http://janka.la/recut/

very generous offer from u madik but i dont need your millions, put monies to eol
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

What happens when you cut beginning of rec? Does the kuski start doing moves from 15:00 at the very beginning? Or does the rec actually start mid-run?
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Why this rec? :twisted:
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Thank you, it works great! Donated $20 to EOL (asked Kopaka to put it under your nick, hope it's poss).
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Oh, I didn't realize that it's possible. Sounds like it can be useful if you for example want to show just a short curious moment from a 20 minute rec or something.
epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

Here is siiiick script I made for lommas

http://kopasite.net/up/b259bhk3n437v41/shirts.zip

Unzip shirts.py to your EOL folder and then run it (you need to have Python 2.x installed).
It downloads the zip file with all the shirts and unzips it into /bmp and then deletes the zip file again.
Image ^_^
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

program that eats folder of recs and mp3s and poops youtube friendly an movie.

edit: oh skintor mentioned it already
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Make change to eol.exe in mila tas so rec player fast forward controls are 128x instead of like 8x so can merge longer levels without going insane or is it poss somehow already please tell me if it is it's not fun to merge 1 minute into an rec.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

request documentation for how to comunicate with eol server o,o
39:37,91
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Zweq wrote: - better vectrast (a tool that converts raster to vector to .lev)
A vector <-> .lev converter would be cool.
Hard to make levels from bitmaps, because conversion is very unprecise. Vector to lev conversion could be 100% precise if source is proper (1 color, polygon count within elma limits, etc).
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

A friend of mine (http://elmaonline.net/players/ryitt) talked to me last weekend and said that while he hasn't played that much Elma, he would very love to mess around with the API if someone just tells him what to do / wants to take him in to some project. Of course there's plenty of coders already in the scene, but one more doing something can't hurt :>

also post here from Discord topic:
Wanted: a MIRC script that allows you to disable a certain highlight in only certain channels. I want to be in Discord IRC channels for logs but it's annoying to hear bling every time I talk in Discord, since my Discord nick is roope and I have roope as a highlight in MIRC :<
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

He might wanna stop by #developers on Discord, we have a growing backlog of various mostly Discord related things to develop but there's also other stuff. Or just chat with other developers.
39:37,91
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

iCS wrote:
Zweq wrote: - better vectrast (a tool that converts raster to vector to .lev)
A vector <-> .lev converter would be cool.
that should be easy, and also good idea if we can find some databases with lots of polygon+vector data, ez "free" elma levs :beer: (loosely related: i often think about game ideas that could use elma levs somehow in different manner, like puzle game of some sort, ez the content would be there already as we have tens of thousands of elma levs, but hard to figure out some interesting gameplay)
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Pls make program that shows visually in replays which keys are being pressed. It would be very helpful to spot those tiny brakes etc. that make the difference but are hard to see/hear.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

Orcc wrote:Pls make program that shows visually in replays which keys are being pressed. It would be very helpful to spot those tiny brakes etc. that make the difference but are hard to see/hear.
it posible to do that for every key except brake
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

jonsykkel wrote:
Orcc wrote:Pls make program that shows visually in replays which keys are being pressed. It would be very helpful to spot those tiny brakes etc. that make the difference but are hard to see/hear.
it posible to do that for every key except brake
Thought that program wouldnt be possible...
Little brake when bike is being impulsed with a polygon, those little moments without pressing gas/pressing gas and when bike is going too fast its hard to notice rapidly if right volt or alovolt is being pressed.
Would be great if pos! Pos? Pls.
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

As jon says, replay only notes when gas/volt/space are pressed but not brake unfortunately
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Would't it be possible to infer when break is being pressed from wheel rotation by comparing current frame with next frame? I understand this would not be perfect, but since it would be meant for people and not autoplay mango, then some error-margine should be fine.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

sunl wrote:As jon says, replay only notes when gas/volt/space are pressed but not brake unfortunately
Still very useful for right/alo and little gasing/no gasing.
maybii
Kuski

Post by maybii »

is it possible to change game zoom without quitting?
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

Don't sure me understood what about this topic. I remembered one thing:

It needs sometimes to press alt+ctrl+arrow in grav levels (usually in grav pipes). But when I press it, usual arrow keys are working too, and bike is wrong moving. And it works with delay. Too bad.

I suggest to wrote program to make it easier)
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

Zweq wrote:if someone is bored and can do them quikly plz do so
- a tool that reads level and replay and generates a new level that fills the level with ground material without interfering with replay (would give quite funky looking recs)

couldnt figure out how to take into consideration the travel of bike between 2 frames
you don't need to take that into consideration cuz elma does linear interpolation. so all you have to do is:
1. connect positions of wheels and head in all frames into three polylines
2. convert those polylines to three polygons using buffers of appropriate radii
3. merge those polygons together. you will get a master polygon and several enclosed polygons
4. convert all that back to level

example: http://www.recsource.tv/r/gsbkwotvai -> http://kopasite.net/up/0/min42_min.lev

i maby launch online converter this weekend. maby not
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Domovoy wrote:4. convert all that back to level
Interesting cool conversion, but I think Zweq meant replay output primarily, not level (output is unplayable), so the movements of the original replay would appear over this new generated level.
As in this hacked replay: http://www.recsource.tv/r/njokxcghvy

Edit: for other nabs like me, I would copy a message from Discord:
domi - Today at 6:37 PM
the level has original link number so np just backup original and rename new to min42.lev and launch rec and all good

Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

I meant almost exactly what domi has produced, so he wins the non-existing prize ;)
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

me want improved internal elma editor (which is inside elma). With same graphic style as in usual editor, but with more functions as:

-making more flowers
-drawing pipes
-copying
-connecting polygons
-draw 0 degrees, 45 degrees, 90 degrees and 135 degrees lines
-show how many apples in level
-giving levnames with any characters
-... maybe some other good things (but not too much)

The most important, it must be as similar to usual editor as it poss))
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

That's all great, but instead I would just like my editor to work with ddraw.dll. If pos, ez GAA.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!! What kind of sorcery is this?!?!??!????????????? It asked me about something when I opened eol but I clicked enter too fast to read, then it said "applying kompatibility settings and restarting your program" or sth like this and POOOF, it works o,o I thought this problem was unresolved! What did you do? :)
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I don't know, it's an older version of the dll. The newer ones break my internal editor too :/
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

If Editor doesn't work, I can just simply restart EOL until it works, tends to work after 2-3 tries but once in a while like 5+.
ToMaT
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

ville_j wrote:Try this version of the dll http://kopasite.net/up/e5t9nahtm56p959/ddraw.dll.
Works for me too. Thanks!
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

It's DXGL dll (right-click file -> Properties -> Details). Maybe better to download the newest one from here (vj's one is 0.5.6): https://www.dxgl.info/Downloads

I posted a small guide about it some time ago.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

In LEV format, do vertexes or lines have numbers? If so, maybe there could be a program that would make a gif where the level is drawn in that order? Then you could somewhat see the design process behind the level, which would be very interesting.

Here is an example output of a similar Doom program: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/devin ... _MAP01.gif
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

editors sort the vertices clokwise or cunterclokwise in eatch poligon dependink on wheter its a sky or grount poligon when you save levik
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Would it be possible to make some extension or something, that would tell me which level am i spying while watching recs?

I watch recs quite often with randomize and every once in a while there is some level, that makes me think something like: "oh, this should be nominated for GAA" or "damn, i loved this level", but I can never find it afterwards.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I agree more than 100%
ToMaT
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Request: program that goes through your lev folder and picks out levs that cause internal error (just list so can chek them manually before delete...). Even something imperfect that doesn't check all the pasibel causes of internal error would be helpful.

Alternative: Often im browse lev folder with page up and down buttons, enter a random lev, get internal error and hev no idea what lev it was. So an alternative request would be some kind of tool that shows what lev it was. Dunno if pasibel.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Orcc
Moporator

Post by Orcc »

Requesting a program to teach Lousku how to make working levels
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Did you know it's pasibel to download levels from interwebs? You don't have to make everything yourself! Wow!