- Car pooling and stuff:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
- Calendar: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2054284668
After the doodle poll and other discussion about the dates, the Virri farm has been reserved from Friday 21.7. to Friday 28.7.! These dates are at prime holiday season so it was not possible to book it starting from Thursday. However, if the previous mans will leave earlier, we are allowed to arrive there already on Thursday for free (long live Cabin Lady!)! Also in any case it is allowed to arrive to the pond sauna's cabin already on Thursday! This will come in handy especially for foreigners who have got cheap tickets to Finland for Thursday 20.7.. So you can safely order tickets for 20.7. already. In the best case we will have the whole Virri farm in our use on Thursday, but at least a sleeping space and pond sauna is guaranteed for us! More information about this below below.
What is it like in FEM?
To see it perhaps the best way is to check the pictures of previous FEMs, kindly provided to us by Markku:
The finance part
The cabin rent will cost 980€ and end cleaning as well as the pond sauna cabin for sleeping will be included! I will tell here when I have calculated appropriate attendance prices but for now you can expect quite low prices as the attendant situation is looking magnificent! =)
The reservation has been done directly from Cabin Lady instead from the Lomarengas cabin renting site. This means that Lomarengas gets 0€ from our reservations but also Lomarengas does not provide any insurances. This has been like this after the first year, after which Cabin Lady considered us so trustworthy that it can be done. =) We pay about the same price that would be the price when using Lomarengas though, but that is because we will have 20-30 persons there instead of officially allowed 10. Anyway, due to lack of insurances please be extra careful in not burning the house down.
Who is coming?
Here I will try to update a lists of people possibly coming. The splitting to different categories is quite rough. "(?)" means that I'm just guessing the category for this person since I have not talked with him. Please tell me if you should be moved to another list or added/removed altogether, most importantly please verify as soon as possible when it is a sure thing that you are coming (excluding sicknesses and other unexpected events). When you confirm that you are comping please also tell how many days you are going to spend there (it helps in deciding the attendance prices).
- Abula (3 nights)
- adi (full time)
- bene (full time)
- Harald Hasch
- insane guy (5 nights)
- Ismo (weekend)
- Kale (3 nights)
- Kiiwi (weekend)
- Kopaka (5 nights)
- Lousku (full time)
- Markku (full time)
- Nekit (full time)
- nick-o-matic (full time)
- Orcc (3 nights)
- Pawq (full time)
- Polarix (full time)
- Ramone (full time)
- ramses (full time)
- Ruben (full time)
- Stini (3-4 nights)
- Smibu (full time)
- terb0 + shootah (2-3 nights)
- Tisk (4-5 nights)
- veezay + Antti (full time)
- vender (1-2 nights)
- Ville_J (full time or nearly full time)
- Xarthok (full time)
- zebra (3 nights, not weekend)
- Zero (weekend + 0-2 days)
- axxu (?)
- Koo (?)
- roope (?)
- Chaza (?)
- Dead One (?)
- Spef (?)
it's very poss to get to FEM from any of the three major cities (Tampere, Turku and Helsinki).
Some train and bus prices from last year (I will update these later):
Onnibus: 1€ - 3.5€
Norm bus: 21.5€ - 27€
Norm bus: 30€
Norm bus: 10€
Norm bus: 10€
Train: 15.50€ - 21.60€
The sites from where you can book these tickets:
Norm bus: https://www.matkahuolto.fi/en/
Locations of bus and train stations, airports and harbours in these main cities (there are cheap ferries travelling to Helsinki and Turku from many different countries):
Bus- and trainstation, harbours and airport of Helsinki.
Bus- and trainstation and airport of Tampere.
Bus- and trainstation, harbour and airport of Turku.
It is enough if you manage to get yourself to Sastamala/Vammala. Someone can ez get you from there.
Also there will be much traffic through Tampere, so someone can very possibly get you from there as well. Also few mans will most likely drive to FEM from Helsinki and Turku as well.
Finally, here is a map of the venue itself and some notes. In case you arrive there when the prev mans still are there, please drive to the pond sauna instead of the house.
What is needed?
- Bedsheets. Or sleeping bag and a pillow cover. Cabin lady is really strict about this. They are needed even if you use the provided extra mattresses. Last year some pillow had some stains and Cabin Lady did not like that.
- If you sleep on the extra mattresses, also own pillow and blanket/sleeping bag are required.
- Extra computers for those that can't take one with them.
- Ethernet and power cables etc to allow everyone to have internet. Also all kind of miscellaneous computer stuff is most likely useful.
- 3G/4G mobile internet stick for the router.
- Stuff for prizes for competitions.
These things will be already there thanks to kindness of Cabin Lady:
- Internet things like router and antennas. However, as already listed above, a 3G/4G internet stick for the router is needed. Smibu is bringing one but it is always good to have more just in case.
- A projector.
- Mattresses. There are plenty of extra mattresses. But they need bedsheets or sleeping bag as it is not allowed to sleep on a bare mattress.
- Cloth washing machine. Last years it has not been used much. We are paying for it so please take advantage of it!
- Very good selection of cookware (several pots and frying pans and so on). You don't have to bring this kind of things.
- Two fridges, one freezer. Also drinks can be stored in a ground cellar.
- Several saunas: one in the main house (electric sauna), one at the pond (wooden sauna, this is the preferred sauna to be used) and also a smoke sauna at the pond (this would cost extra, but we have had such policy that we can use it after the owners have used it if it still has some heat left)
Yes. FEM is a big community for one week, and as a by-product of fun fun fun there are also plenty of tasks that need to be done to keep things rolling and the place in non-chaotic condition. Most improtantly:
- Please recycle - there will be own bins for norm waste, cardboard, biowaste, metal and glass. Also bottles and cans worth deposit money will be and as per tradition, they will be returned to the shop and obtained funds will be used as cabin rent money.
- Please contribute to keeping the place organized. This includes
- taking the trash out
- emptying the dishwasher
- making the dishes
- keeping the fridge organized (There has been some problems with the fridge space during the last two years. So please try to use fridge space reasonably and organizedly. Drinks can be stored in an outside ground cellar. It's not as cool as fridge but you can take some drinks from the ground cellar to the fridge or freezer shortly before you use them. Also when you leave make sure that you are not leaving anything to the fridges, or if you do, please make sure everyone know that those items are for everyone)
- all other kind of miscellaneous cleaning and organizing of the place
- Please dont eat anything in the beds
- Please contribute to end cleaning before you leave - even though the actual cleaning part of the end cleaning is included for the rent, we have to take out all the trash, make dishes and also in general leave the cabin in non-horrible and organized condition. In each FEM the biggest problem has been that at the end there are massive amounts of trash and dishes everywhere and unlabeled food items in the fridges which means hours of work for the last mans standing. So when you leave please take some trashes out and/or do dishes and make sure you are not leaving any unlabeled food items in the fridges. If you don't want to take some foods with you please donate them for common good or throw them away.
- Please take all the blankets and pillows out to the fresh air for a while before you leave unless someone else is coming to sleep there! Only if it rains or if you have not been using one of the real beds, this isn't of course required. After that you can just please leave them on the bed instead of making the bed.
- If you use the laundry machine, please ask others if they want to put something to there as well.
- Returning the empty bottles and cans to the supermarket and giving the €€€ to me (for FEM-money)
- Boiling some cofe if there's no cofe left
- Making common food
- Taking care of warming the wood sauna
- Most importantly: contributing to the program and competitions or at least making battles for EOL if there isn't anything else going on - the meeting is about Elasto Mania after all =)
In summary there are:
- 7 premium-quality beds in the main house and one really small one.
- One small room with an extendable bed (enough for 1-3 mans depending on how close you are)
- 3 beds in a granary. This option was quite cold previous year, but now the hope is that the nights are warmer as it's July.
- More than enough extra mattresses that can be scattered anywhere.
When can we come and when we have to leave?
Officially our rent begins on Friday 21.7. at 16:00 but in practice it has always been okay to arrive earlier. In practice we can arrive as soon as the previous mans leave, which is at latest 12:00 on Friday. But even Thursday is possible if they are gone by then! Additionally, we are allowed to arrive to the pond sauna's cabin already on Thursday in any case. This will come in handy especially for foreigners who have got cheap tickets to Finland for 20.7.. So you can safely order tickets for 20.7. already. Also of course others can arrive there at Thursday as well. The sauna cabin has only three beds, but we will find out some sleeping spots for everyone for sure. In case we will not get the main house on Thursday already, I believe it will be a nice atmospheric pre-fem party in the extra sauna cabin then.
Our rent ends at 12:00 on Friday 28.7. but in practice we can stay there until 16:00 when the next mans arrive. Especially if we help Cabin Lady in cleaning and re-arranging the tables before the arrival of next tenants.
Where will I see you?
In FEM17! And #fem2017!