Are your parents dumb?

This is the only place for Elma polls on Moposite. Kuski of Month polls are also here. Read more info >>

Moderator: Moporators

Are your parents dumb?

Just my dad
10%
Just my mum
24%
They both are
10%
Neither are
57%

Total votes: 21

Lee
37mins club

Are your parents dumb?

Post by Lee »

Relevant question.
Mawane once told me that his dad is a dumb. My dad is dumb too. Is yours?
Zweq
34mins club

Re: Are your parents dumb?

Post by Zweq »

in many ways extremely dumb compared to me and in many ways extremely intelligent compared to me
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Tropic locked for violating fifth commandment. Behave.

- Lousku
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I know some fairly dumb parents, but I'm pretty sure mine aren't. But then they've both done really dumb shit in the past, so it depends on who's considered as dumb.

+1 for lousk for a hilarious post :lmao:
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Moderation of lauta should be taken seriously Lousku, topic locked for real now.

- Bjenn BOSS
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

agre with zampe postings in theadring
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I love both of my parents and I think neither of them is dumb. Furthermore, I would say I highly respect my father.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Usually, when people are kids (and they grow up in ordinary family with mum and dad), they initially think their dad is a Superman. As the teen age starts to hit, they realise their dad is not that perfect and is actually an idiot who knows nothing about the world. Later, when they themselves grow up and have kids, they start to realise how good their parents were (or bad, whatever).

In my case, I think that my dad is a Superman even more than I did when I was a kid. I got mad respect for him. Even when I know some of his weaknesses and mistakes, I'm yet to know another man that I would look up to and value more than my father. He is a man of his word. He is honourable and with tons of integrity. He is humble, yet doesn't fear to tell things as they are. He is slow to anger but eager to love.

But he wouldn't be such a man without my mum. She made him what he is now. She brought the tenderness to his initially pretty solid heart. Mad props to her as well.

So no, my parents are not dumb and I don't think I would ever say that they are.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

When my dad found out my mum was pregananant with me he moved out of the master bedroom and into a different room to sleep alone. Some years later they divorced, and when I was eight he moved out. I never saw him as a superman because he never saw me. I didn't have a proper conversation with him until the age of 16. He seemed surprised that I was capable of conversation, or being normal. Previously he saw me as some dumb, insignificant human. But what I've come to learn over the past decade is that my dad is a dumbshit with probably a 70 IQ. Even my mum agrees. It happens too often now that he can't figure out how to do simple tasks like use a parking meter or reattach a door, and I have to help him even if I've not done those things myself. They are simple logic tasks, and my dad has 0 sense of logic. My mum told me intelligence is inherited maternally and I believe her.
My dad even thinks he's smarter than me, but he's confusing intelligence with experience.
I have 0 respect for him.

Interesting results so far. Dumb mums are leading.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Having 70 IQ or not being handy is one thing (and not necessarilly bad), but being a selfish prick and leaving the kid to grow up without him is another level of douchebagery.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

my mother is smart, my father is dead
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

They are intelligent and open-minded. I guess sometimes you can kind of see that they come from an older generation that might not understand some modern stuff, for better or worse. In general I was very lucky with parents I think.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I wonder what the results of this poll would be if the topic was created some 10-15 years ago, when the average person was probably still a teenager ;)