Permission from Balázs?

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Permission from Balázs?

Post by Lousku »

Is theer any kind of permission from Balázs to develop the game (belma, EOL, Elma 2)? Hev people even tried to contact him about it? Has he answered anything at all? I'm interested in any kind of hearsay about Balázs' opinion on the new versions. All I'm aware of is that he promised to check out EOL trailer.

I don't know law, but I guess it would be enough to get at least some informal approval to develop the game for no profit. But thinking from a financial point of view, he has very little to gain and potentially much to lose from sach agreement. The best he can get is people buying the original game after getting hooked on newer versions. Meanwhile these new versions can imaginably take a bite from his market share. (I think he is obviously and understandably after more profit from the game, seeing as he entered the trendy mobile game market at the cost of usable controls).

Zero raised the point that there should definitely be at least some kind of approval before spending the countless hours to develop Elma 2. So what's the situation? Are both parties (us and him) passive about it because it might be legally difficult to handle?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Re: Permission from Balázs?

Post by Orcc »

In my IMO if I IIRC correctly he was talked to regarding the EOL patch. He was pretty oke with it, but didn't want to help or be associated with it. It's very another thing to replicate Elma than to patch it though.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

For me the iOS-version tells how much Balázs seem to care about new versions. Its everything everyone dont wanted. Moving objects and shit. Its so strange. It would be nice of him to just say some words about elma2 but i think he wont. :cry:

Look at Credits page: http://www.elastomania.com/credits.html
not many kuskis there :cry:
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

abula talked to him about it when he visited him in hungrary and it was pretty much what orcc said
he is fine with the patch, but he doesn't want to be associated with it
not sure about elma2
[carebox]
davidkuski
Kuski
Team: IEP

Post by davidkuski »

umiz wrote:For me the iOS-version tells how much Balázs seem to care about new versions. Its everything everyone dont wanted. Moving objects and shit. Its so strange. It would be nice of him to just say some words about elma2 but i think he wont. :cry:

Look at Credits page: http://www.elastomania.com/credits.html
not many kuskis there :cry:
I think this post is including everything what we are talking about in Elma2 topic...
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

balazs can release anything he likes, and any everyone can hate it as much as he likes
[carebox]