What is the biker's motivation?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

kuchitsu
Kuski

What is the biker's motivation?

Post by kuchitsu »

What makes the biker drive all these tracks? Why is he fascinated with apples and flowers so much? What is he trying to achieve? Is it just a daily physical exercise for him? Is driving all he has in his life? Give me your theories.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Re: What is the biker's motivation?

Post by Hosp »

Because he is pro
ToMaT
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Because he wants to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch apples is his real test
To eat them is his cause
He will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Touch flowers to understand
The power that is inside

Its him and you
He knows it's his destiny
Player, oh, he's your best friend
In a world he must defend
A stomach so hungry
His hunger will pull us through

You teach him and he'll teach you
Apples, gotta eat them all

Every challenge along the way
With courage he will face
He will battle every day
To claim his rightful place

Come with him, the time is right
There's no better team
Hand on keyboard, he'll play again
It's always been his dream
ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

duno if ppl knew this but he once married this woman from peru that passed away in cancer during the mid '90s and after that he got obssessed with health (aples) and flowers so yeh its like he's tryin to recreate history with this manic behavouir. also bounces r a product of his spasmic painful memories
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Yeah, I was thinking about a woman too. Maybe he wants to make a flower crown for his girl. But collecting flowers takes a while so he has to eat apples sometimes.

Btw can we tell for sure that he's a man?
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

he wants to beat times, no matter what
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

He was out on his bike one night, stealing apples from his neighbours, but as he was making his getaway the wheel skidded on a flower, he crashed and suffered permanent brain damage. Now he is reliving his last memories again and again and again and again...

I had some serious difficulty translating the word "epleslang" for this story, it's a Norwegian word which involves going into somebody else's garden and taking apples from their apple tree. It's quite common here, almost expected even. Apparantly this never happens anywhere else in the world???
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Ruben wrote:I had some serious difficulty translating the word "epleslang" for this story, it's a Norwegian word which involves going into somebody else's garden and taking apples from their apple tree. It's quite common here, almost expected even. Apparantly this never happens anywhere else in the world???
I think the rest of the world calls it "stealing" :)
edit: good story!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

we have such word in swe too we say 'palla/pallar äpplen'
ToMaT
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

The bikers motivation is to be free, but he is a slave to computer programming and the commands we give through our fingers. It would be a very frustrating life.
God Bless America
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

All the cool kids pallar Apples every day
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I think Ruben wins so far. Also nice fact about Norwegian language. :)
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Teh word omenavaras is norm in Finnish too. Seems like a Nordic way of accepted stealing
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Did a little more digging, apparantly the word "scrumping" is used for this in England, although in many places around the world it can also mean dry-humping or just plain ol' boning, so that's quite funny. Anyone else have a word for this? Polish? Russian? German? Danish? Czech? Hungarian? I'm intrigued now =P
<nick-o-matic> niec

Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

let's fuck?
edit: dunno what this message was supposed to be, just ignore it
Last edited by Hosp on 19 Nov 2017, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
ToMaT
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Ruben wrote:Anyone else have a word for this?
I don't know a common word for this.
I know a word which I've learned from my grandfather, but I'm pretty sure it was a made-up word by him, because never heard it from anybody else, and even google can't find it: grajf.
Its meaning is similar: taking small amount of fruit, vegetables or crops from any unguarded area.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Oke, so I asked my mom and she came up with a couple of terms for when they went to orchards to pick fruit (illegally ofc) - "chodzić na pachtę/szaber". The words by themselves are not used anymore, after some digging I found that one of them (szaber, which probably comes from German) was initially used after WW2 to refer to poles going around German flats after they fleed and picking up stuff to sell. Later (our parents youth sort of time) it was used for grabbing fruit from orchards. Dunno the origin of the other, but apparently the two words are used depending on the region of Poland, so most people only used one and don't know the other, but some know both. I've never heard of them in my life tho, so I think pretty much dead words now. Fun topic to dig! :D
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

So szaber originally meant something like loot?

This is exciting =D There seems to be no record of this idea across languages in any translation sources that I can find, which is quite strange seeing as it's clearly an idea that has a presence in most places.
<nick-o-matic> niec

Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Cool "epleslang" topic. Spend some time at work googling for words that are untranslatable to other languages. This could have a topic on it's own, but there's several articles about that on the internet already.

20-awesomely-untranslatable-words

2 useless facts: we don't have a word for "stealing apples from another man's garden" in czech.

All those topics are only semi-correct (or maybe it would be better to say "outdated") about czech word "prozvonit". It does mean 1) to call someone just for a brief moment to let him know, that you want him or her to call you back. The first person does that, beacause he or she knows, that it will be cheaper or free for the other person to call him or her back. But nowadays it usually means 2) to ring someone's phone with your own phone, coz that person does not know where his phone is in the room / house.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

1) to call someone just for a brief moment to let him know, that you want him or her to call you back. The first person does that, beacause he or she knows, that it will be cheaper or free for the other person to call him or her back.
Finnish has a special word for this too: "häläri". I'm not sure if it has taken the second meaning you mentioned here. Maybe?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Lousku wrote:häläri
hälärious
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Bludek wrote:Cool "epleslang" topic. Spend some time at work googling for words that are untranslatable to other languages. This could have a topic on it's own, but there's several articles about that on the internet already.

20-awesomely-untranslatable-words

2 useless facts: we don't have a word for "stealing apples from another man's garden" in czech.

All those topics are only semi-correct (or maybe it would be better to say "outdated") about czech word "prozvonit". It does mean 1) to call someone just for a brief moment to let him know, that you want him or her to call you back. The first person does that, beacause he or she knows, that it will be cheaper or free for the other person to call him or her back. But nowadays it usually means 2) to ring someone's phone with your own phone, coz that person does not know where his phone is in the room / house.
There are lots of translations for "prozvonit" in the first sense, but lots of them are region-specific slang words which are not used anymore as no one does this anymore.

Give somebody a missed call / Call somebody and hang up (most common and understandable way of saying that)
Drop call somebody (USA)
Beep somebody (Africa)
Prank somebody (England and Australia)

In the second sense it's simply calling/ringing somebody. You don't hang up, so there's no need to use a different word.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Ruben wrote:Did a little more digging, apparantly the word "scrumping" is used for this in England, although in many places around the world it can also mean dry-humping or just plain ol' boning, so that's quite funny. Anyone else have a word for this? Polish? Russian? German? Danish? Czech? Hungarian? I'm intrigued now =P
There's no special word for this in Czech, but I've always heard people say "chodit na jablka" (= go apple picking) rather than "steal apples" in this context.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Madness wrote:There's no special word for this in Czech, but I've always heard people say "chodit na jablka" (= go apple picking) rather than "steal apples" in this context.
Polish has a beautiful, mysterious word for that: harynda (not only apples, but fruit, vegetables, sometimes italian nuts)

https://www.miejski.pl/slowo-Harynda
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting