Extension.lgr

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Madness
35mins club

Extension.lgr

Post by Madness »

Hello.

This has been lying on my HDD for ages. The idea was to make an LGR that would be an extension of the default.lgr with loads of new pictures and textures. I wanted to keep everything as it was, only add new stuff so that old levels (Internals etc.) would look the same, but then I realised renaming the default pictures was necessary to make it less confusing, so you won't see some pictures in old levels using this LGR. Also I changed the sky as the default one is ugly and no one uses it anyway.

I also stole some cool stuff from other LGRs, because I thought it would be nice to have everything in one LGR. Hope you are okay with it (your name is in the credits).

I never managed to force myself to finish it as editing the pictures and changing the palette in a way so that the colours don't get messed up too much is really tedious, so it's still in the first stage of development and there's not a lot of stuff there. I might try and upgrade it one day if there's interest.

http://teamspeed.eu/data/xtension.lgr
http://kopasite.net/up/91m92zes38km253/xtension.lev
http://kopasite.net/up/4t09s24lz884mme/credits.txt

If you have any ideas or pictures you would like to have in this LGR, feel free to share them.
Last edited by Madness on 7 Feb 2018, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
abruzzi
Kuski

Re: Extension.lgr

Post by abruzzi »

Nice, but you resigned from lauta, so your post is invalid.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

"File doesn't exists or wrong url." for the .lgr file...

That sample image looks impressive! Especially the variety of the textures.
Would be nice to create the "ultimate LGR". The question is the same as always about LGRs: who would orka use it for levmaking and for playing? People (including me :?) don't really make levels with fancyboost features, even though it's max cool invention and wide spread enough, many mans have fancyboosted LGR.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

ICS wrote:"File doesn't exists or wrong url." for the .lgr file...
It's there now.
ICS wrote:who would orka use it for levmaking and for playing?
What makes this LGR different is that everyone can make pictures they want to use and I will include them in there (if the quality is good enough). Also the bike, kuski, apples, killers, flower, grass are unchanged and the sky is easy on the eye, so it's comfortable for playing too.
ICS wrote:People (including me :?) don't really make levels with fancyboost features, even though it's max cool invention and wide spread enough, many mans have fancyboosted LGR.
FancyBoost is cool, but it's not so straightforward and lots of pictures don't work and give internal errors in my experience.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

@Madness I would like to know your thoughts on this:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9671
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Now checked it, looks even better in game.
Bug report: eol.exe crashes above 1.75x zoom.
Madness wrote: 7 Feb 2018, 00:54 FancyBoost is cool, but it's not so straightforward and lots of pictures don't work and give internal errors in my experience.
Maybe the program FancyBoost can output levels which cause internal error, but using fancyboosted LGRs seem completely safe. At least, I've never had any problems with them.
I agree that we should extend default.lgr somehow, because the 5 basic textures are quite boring, and texturizing complicated polygons sometimes can be very painful with the 3 default masks, because their sizes aren't ideal at all. Big masks are too big, little mask is too small sometimes.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

some of those pics looks insane nice will test this someday
ToMaT
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

very max lgr but i don't like across texture replacing brick1 texture