Elmaonline battle Ranking has been broken for years

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Zero
Kuski

Elmaonline battle Ranking has been broken for years

Post by Zero »

As an active and competitive battler it really sucks that elmaonline statistics are faulted.

There are not even ranks. Everybody has been rank 1000 for years at this point making the leaderboard absolutely meaningless. Although battling is the most active form of playing in our community this problem takes away the competitive side of it.

Yearly stats are both incorrect and misleading. The stats seems to be correct for some but not for others. Extremely unfair. It currently states that I have played over 800 battles this year while the real number must be closer to 150-200. Zweq also has +200 played this year and I counted no more than 17 in his profile :D

I know fixing all of this will be a lot of work but it should be seriously considered...

Battles are played daily with great passion and it would be nice for it all to be meaningful once again

With love, Zerppa :roll:
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Re: Elmaonline battle Ranking has been broken for years

Post by Kopaka »

Someone make a good ranking algorithm.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Kopaka wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 11:10 Someone make a good ranking algorithm.
I really hope you or any of the mods do not take any of this as a personal attack because it's really not.

This is just one of the issues that could be worked on by people who have the time and motivation to participate in the community. This kind of a change could snowball into more battle activity and more interest towards the scene in general.

That could also result in more people designing high effort levels
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Zero wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 11:45
Kopaka wrote: 15 Feb 2018, 11:10 Someone make a good ranking algorithm.
I really hope you or any of the mods do not take any of this as a personal attack because it's really not.
Not at all. There's a million things we could do to improve things and we'll never do half of them, so it's nice to get feedback on what's most important. Don't get a lot of that.

Finding a good algorith or just formula is something anyone can do, just some research into what other comparable games does.
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

some type of elo systeM?
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Kopaka, what about the broken stats (battle counts etc), any idea where that comes from? That should be quite a high priority to fix imo.
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

pawq wrote: 16 Feb 2018, 09:51 Kopaka, what about the broken stats (battle counts etc), any idea where that comes from? That should be quite a high priority to fix imo.
My theory is that it for some reason runs the same battles multiple times some times. Most probable solution is rewriting it from scratch, since I'd rather not look at the current code, and might be easier anyway to make it more stable. Which is why I mentioned the ranking, since it would be nice/easier to do that at the same time.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I can look at the ranking and try to test some ideas if I find time/orkage. What's the likely timeframe? Weeks/months/years? :wink:
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

people underestimate how much work there is with any stuff like that
a bit more than updating some top10 or external table once a year
[carebox]
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta »

create a new battle mode called ranked battles, give 1 point for every player u beat + a golden apple for winner and have like monthly seasons.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

hard part is staying away from elma, so i suggest we get trophies for milestones of not being online, like 1 day 1 week 1 month 1 year 10 years, if needed, 100 years or more depending on future immortality techniques
ToMaT
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

Hosp wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 16:35 hard part is staying away from elma, so i suggest we get trophies for milestones of not being online, like 1 day 1 week 1 month 1 year 10 years, if needed, 100 years or more depending on future immortality techniques
If u wanna quit elma, just quit. Dont try to drag others with u.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I'm not entirely serious you know and no I won't quit, not even trying to drag others with me. It is well known many kuskis have a hard time staying away from the game, as it is quite addictive.
ToMaT