Polish Elma Meeting 2019, Wroclaw, 06-09 december

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

jblaze
38mins club

Polish Elma Meeting 2019, Wroclaw, 06-09 december

Post by jblaze »

Hello again. This is polish side speaking. Polish Elma Meeting happened in 2012. We did it again in 2018. Due to the success in reaching elmastic happiness, we will meet again just one year later. Amazing kuskis, breathtaking events, luxurious apartment, enormous amount of fun were all brought together by one thing that we all have in common - Elasto Mania. Polish traditional saying tells that Poland is known for its high level guest treatment. Elastomaniacs ain't no exception, that's why we'd love to prove that to any of you, dear readers. Be like Mira, the witness of wonders.

Here we propose a few links that describe the possibility of participating in PEM better than words:
PEM12 topic
PEM18 topic
PEM18 pictures & videos
PEM18 showoff video

status
- gathering visitors,
- organising events,
- choosing the most PEM-friendly apartment,

paricitipants
+ chances for the ones already asked (low chance guys are working on it :) )
  • Image Stooq (sure)
  • Image berh (sure)
  • Image pawq (low chance)
  • Image Mielz (very high chance)
  • Image Codeq (low chance)
  • Image bEAT (very high chance)
  • Image jblaze (sure)
  • Image chris (very high chance)
  • Image Fejm (low chance)
  • Image Dawid (mid-low chance)
  • Image insguy (high chances)
  • Image Bludek (mid chances)
  • Image finman (low chances)
  • Image Mira (very high chance)
  • Image wjelo (low chance)
possible events
  • levelpack contests and cups (bullet, onion, pipe, polish championships, group cup, couples contest, alco battle)
  • some battling and unofficial cups
  • 1htt
  • PEMQuiz
  • streaming diploma ceremony
  • amle
  • worms, some other games too
  • rubiks cubeing
  • poker, chess, scrabble etc.
  • having lots of other fun!
place (this sections will be expanded as we decide on specific place to hold the meeting)
Flight connections to Wroclaw are listed right here klik
If you'd choose other mean of transport - don't resist to ask, we'll gladly help you.

Costs:
Estimating around 50€ (hopefully) per meeting for apartment.

If you are considering coming, don’t hesitate to notify us someway. We’ll be more than happy to help you and host you there.
Last edited by jblaze on 17 Oct 2019, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
insane guy
Kuski

Re: Polish Elma Meeting 2019, Wroclaw, 06-09 december

Post by insane guy »

nice one! Put me to high chances please. If work doesn't cross my plans I am in.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Mira got me all hyped, put me on mid chances, pls :)
I'll try to find my old elma folder and make it work on my laptop. I am pretty sure I suck as f and my skills are rusty as hell, but this sure seems like fun fun fun event.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

I want to come but likely can't afford. Put me on low chances. :)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

actualy not terrible timing for finns because 6th dec is a friday and fin independence day = a day off
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

I can't come because I'm busy that weekend and spent money on going to Finland later in December to meet Finman and others.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

its time to take serious steps. we started collecting more realistic list of people, and as soon as we know what to expect, we will order apartment.

also created facebook group for more casual discussions and shit, if you are interested in joining - let me know.

and some pemsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =460393826
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Add me to the maybe list.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Tigro wrote: 18 Oct 2019, 17:20 Add me to the maybe list.
Tigro plz come. Can you reveal your fb so we can add you to the lobby? Also what percentage of coming right now?
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

abruzzi wrote: 18 Oct 2019, 17:55
Tigro wrote: 18 Oct 2019, 17:20 Add me to the maybe list.
Tigro plz come. Can you reveal your fb so we can add you to the lobby? Also what percentage of coming right now?
I don't have a FB. Discord only.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

i will come :beer:
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

apartment rented, cant wait and getting stoked for a meeting!

https://www.booking.com/hotel/pl/new-bi ... bility_msg
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

T-shirts with PEM18 on front and nickname on back is nothing short of amazing.

Please someone start to arrange for FEM20/Elma 20 years shirts including nicks.
Cost of shirts + print ez add to FEM cost.

PEM seems like only non FEM meeting that get kinda same feeling. We met many players on countless minimeets here in Sweden and they were great but so much more casual with no planned events and such.

Please notify me as soon as FEM20 dates are set or close to set. Since vacation dates are not very flexible for me.

Hoping for livestream from PEM19! Cheers!
Elasto Mania - ez better
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I agree, they were mega stoke to see for the first time too :D Mega props to Codeq for organising them last year (and to whoever came up with the idea, dunno if it was also Codeq)! And I also agree that it would be amazing to get Elma 20th anniversary t-shirts for FEM next year :) Probably needs to be organised by someone from Finland (or someone caring) though :P
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

can someone write a (small) report? would love to hear some stories kthx :)
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

and post some pics here pls)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

FRIDAY

So, we started on Friday. Stooq, jblaze, berh, Mielz, who came all by one train from north met with Mira and Codeq at the station. Just like a year ago we had to eat something at McDonald's. Then we divided into 2 groups with berh, Stooq and Codeq going to open the apartment and prepare it for the rest. The lamps, sofas and the glass tables needed some slight rearrangement. The other group with Mira, Codeq, and jblaze waited for Dani and Chris. As it appeared later, the guys mistook the ways and Chris alone got to the apartment first, and Dani, jblaze, Mielz, Mira did it a couple of minutes later. Just as they entered the apartment, Dani got a neverending-clap surprise standing ovation for his help with levels during PEM18, the distance covered to join PEM19 and for the incredible amount of GAAs won for last year, showing how important he is inside the scene.

Then people started unpacking and preparing their hoyl-stations. We also had a big TV showing the countdown to the start of PEM19 made by Stooq, also used for the standings for all the cups played. LINK HERE Nobody knew what happened to bEAT, though, as he was supposed to fight in his work for a free day as he was initially scheduled for a night shift. jblaze set up a stream with his extra laptop, so people could watch ON HIS TWITCH what was going on.

So after some additional shoppings were done we started with the BULLET CUP which Mielz won! Congrats also to AndrY who came second overall. The sporty anger and shouting were so loud, because everyone wanted to do well in the official cups and the live meeting released extra adrenalin. Then we heard some angry knocking on the door. Everyone thought it was some neighbour already fed up with the noise, but to our surprise a wild bEAT appeared with his never-shutting mouth, Ramonesque level of energy and a bag full of weed.

Afterwards the big screen was used by Mielz, who showed some rides with exhaustive explanations what and how is done, what is faster, osv. regarding his current WRs in Haircut, Enigma and formerly Hooked. He also showed his recent best rides in the already-legendary jblP068 PIPE by jblaze and rewatched Stooq's COOL MOVIE showing his attempts. Then the HDMI cable was passed to Dani who showed on the big screen his enormous Warm Up skill with the incredible wheelpop reproducibility rate.

The night was filled with chilling, battles, bEAT teaching how to juggle, playing scrabble, and many more.

SATURDAY

People were slowly waking up, just Dani woke up a bit earlier, also bEAT couldn't sleep as he went partying to the city. As everyone woke up we started preparing levels for the most important cup, PEM CUP 19. The PEM CUP 19 has been won by jblaze, and the second overall was jonsykkel, congrats! The fight was quite exhausting, so people went to eat something. Funny thing happened when berh and Stooq went to the nearby McDonald where they randomly met Fejm who was about to join the meeting! Later we decided that we would move the PEM QUIZ from Sunday to Saturday and that the ALCO CUP rules would be 2 beers before the cup and half a beer after each event.

Unfortunately, bEAT got a phone call that he has to leave, so we hurriedly took a GROUP PHOTO with Chris being still in the restaurant. Then we took the PEM QUIZ which was made by arzenik (thank you!) It was very hard and complex, though, and there were staggering 300 points to get. However, jblaze managed to win the trophy with almost half of the points possible to get! berh, jblaze, Fejm went to the shop to buy beers for the ALCO CUP. Codeq didn't play, but among others the best was Mira, congrats! RESULTS The night was also full of events with some people being drunk, so many stories are still to be shared. insomner who is jblaze's cousin-in-law also joined us. Recently inactive, but around 2012 also a good kuski.

SUNDAY

On Sunday we expected one of the craziest things ever. The ONION CUP. Prepared as usual by Dani with the help of others. As the final levels were bring prepared, Codeq and Chris had to leave. As we awaited the starting time, some scrabble in pairs were played, too. Also some Andry levels now and then. The ONION CUP 3 was really great! It was won by adi, congratulations! Among PEMmers it was jblaze who could rise his victorious hands! Thanks once again for Dani for managing the project, roope, AndrY for additional events and of course iCS, who made 2 levels, one of them being a beautiful Poland-shaped one.

Fejm left and later we decided the format of the Couples Contest. At that moment we had 6 kuskis. The draw resulted in 3 couples: Dani+Mira,
jblaze+Stooq,
berh+Mielz
After 8 events of all the possible multi-competitions involved it appeared that jblaze+Stooq were clearly the best, congrats! They were very consistent even in the blindfold events, filling the top10 with seemingly hoyled times.

The night was mainly chilling and some personal talk, but we also played the PIPE CUP. Although being kind of drunk, jblaze won teh with regular ease. RESULTS
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Wow, very nice read, thanks berh! :D

Cool to hear that the Couples Contest is now not just a pawq thing, but a proper elma thing :>

Wtf lamers with no PEM18 t-shirts on the photo though!! ban ban ban ban