[program] Internal Lev Generator

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Segosa
Kuski

[program] Internal Lev Generator

Post by Segosa »

I dont visit this place very much, so if there's already a program like this then i didnt know

What it does it generate the filename's for the internal levels, all 54 of them (that you can edit in the editor) so its easier for you.. Just select the path, and hit Generate.. I made it in about 1 minute so if there's something wrong with it then please post here and i'll fix it...

http://xwid.com/Segosa/Internal_Lev_maker.exe
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

anyone gonna reply or what
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

Yea,good program
Rasu
Kuski

Post by Rasu »

I haven't tested it, because I made a short java program that did the exact same thing a while ago so... But surely someone will find it useful.
aka Rawl
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I didn't really got it working..nothing happened when I pressed "generate levels" (or whatever it say) :(
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Somethiong DOES happen, but maybe you can't see it. But open the Elma folder and you will see 54 levels... You have to open them in the editor and save them from there to turn them into real levels, though.

This program is not bad, but you'll only need to run it once, then you have no more need for it.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

great program, although very rarely needed. once in a lifetime for most actually.
Segosa
Kuski

Post by Segosa »

yeah, I gave someone the link and he said "why didnt u put the internal levels up for download instead".. I was like "DOH!" lol.. oh well, see im learning visual basic and i made that program for myself, but i thought i'd post it on here too
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Now it works, but I already had download the internal levels in that format...had hoped that they were in a format so that you could start editing them without having to save as new file :/
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Kopaka wrote:Now it works, but I already had download the internal levels in that format...had hoped that they were in a format so that you could start editing them without having to save as new file :/
i think that's not necessarily a good thing after all.. i mean, when you move stuff and edit things all the time, if you could overwrite the original lev file, you would have to always get the original again if you want to.

i have my internal-externals as the normal Qxxxxxx.lev and XXedit.lev , where XX stands for levnumber.