FEM 2020: 8.7-16.7. reconfirmed!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

nick-o-matic
Kuski

FEM 2020: 8.7-16.7. reconfirmed!

Post by nick-o-matic »

FEM officially confirmed: Wednesday 8th of July to Thursday 16th of July

Who is coming?

Confirmed:
  • adi Image (full time)
  • bene Image + ladybear Image
  • danitah Image (full time)
  • FinMan Image
  • nick-o-matic Image (full time)
  • Orcc Image (weekend)
  • Raven Image (Wednesday - ???)
  • roope Image (weekend)
  • Spef Image (full time)
  • Stini Image (Friday - ???)
  • Suharice Image (weekend)
  • terb0 Image (3 nights or something)
  • veezay Image + Antti Image (fullish time)
  • Zero Image + non-Elmer friend Image (weekend)
  • Zweq Image
High chances (waiting for confirmation):
  • vender Image
Medium chances (waiting for update):
  • axxu Image
  • Kortsu Image
  • TL Image
Slim chances (waiting for update):
  • Lousku Image
Tourism in Eastern Finland

Especially for people coming from other countries or more faraway parts of Finland I would recommend to do some local sightseeing. I did my best to create a semi-comprehesive list of sights to you. Because of corona this guide is partly not valid at the moment.

Koitsanlahti village:

Parikkala sculpture park (2km)
  • http://www.patsaspuisto.net/english/ | http://www.patsaspuisto.net/
  • Seriously a must see for everyone, a world-famous place
  • A masterpiece by our local Michelangelo. He created a huge sculpture park into his own yard and allowed people to visit there for free. Now he is dead and there is a small voluntary but recommended entrance fee
Café Iloinen pässi (2km) Border zone signs (1-2km)
  • Signs that tell you not to go any further to the border zones
  • Do not go any further
Local berry farm (4km) Koitsanlahti manor (Koitsanlahden hovi) (3km) Orthodox-Karelian graveyard of Koitsanlahti Parikkala/Rautjärvi/Punkaharju: Uimola smoke sauna (30km) Hinkanranta smoke sauna (67km) Kollaa and Simo Häyhä museum (30km) Papinniemi camping (60km) Simpele antique and collecting summer event 13.-14.7. (10km) Eastern Finland: Savonlinna opera festival (70km) Lappeenranta (90km) How to get there?

If you are not coming by a car or carpooling you should first get yourself to Helsinki by plane or ferry and then take a bus/train.

Trains from Helsinki:
https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/frontpage
Price 19€ (if you book early) to ~50€ (if you book late).

Busses from Helsinki (Onnibus):
http://www.onnibus.com/en/index.htm
Price ~10€ (if you book early) to ~20€ (if you book late).
Only the 17:00 departures go all the way to onion farm (rest of them stop at Lappeenranta).

Busses from Helsinki (norm busses):
https://www.matkahuolto.fi/fi/
Price 19€ (constant price (I think??)).

Optionally, you can also fly to Lappeenranta if the few flights that exist match for you:
Arriving flights
Departing flights

If these options work for you, Lappeenranta would be the most convenient option. You basically get out of plane, show passport and get through quick security check (Lappeenranta airport is more like a bus station than an airport), take a shuttle bus or walk to train/bus station (they are close) and in one hour you are at onion farm.

You can even arrive from St. Petersburg. There are busses to Lappeenranta and Imatra and you can get a train ticket all the way to onion farm as well (train change in Kouvola).

After you are in either Simpele or Parikkala, someone will pick you up. Simpele is preferable if you come from the south. However, not all trains stop in Simpele since this year, so you might have to go all the way to Parikkala. But all the busses stop there.

If you come by car, there are two possible gravel road routes to our farm, shown on the map. However, if you are coming from Parikkala direction or go to Parikkala to do shopping, please avoid the one small bit of road drawn in this map. It is being maintained by a local farm, and they collect fees from villagemans that use it (it is norm system in Fin countryside). However, we don't pay anything to them so we should avoid traffic which can be related to us on that road.

Competitions and schedule

Last year I was happy to see many very well-organized competitions, even with custom playlists. I hope the trend continues and we will see some very well-made competitions. I am now preparing some with custom playlists myself as well :) However, last year there were so many competitions that it was difficult to fit everything in. This will be fixed for this year with an official schedule with strictness unheard of since the nazis:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

As you can see there's still very much room for your competition (I did basically only put there just my competitions and BB though). When your competition has been put to the schedule, please prepare it very well so that it will not exceed the reserved time (unless it is the last competition of the day or something).

Improvements to lodging

It would be nice to get more sleeping space, especially if the amount of participants grows (which I am hoping for). Also if it happens that there will be more mosquitoes it might not be poss to sleep in the hayloft. I am thinking of possibilities of renting some buildings in our village within 1km or max 2km radius and/or putting few beds to some other not-so-cozy buildings in our farm like the ex onion warehouse. What do you think about these ideas? Also in our village we have some hostel-type services if you want to have total peace and are willing to travel something like 3km and pay for it yourself. For mega luxury lodging there are rentable lakeside cottages.

Photo project (help appreciated!)

I am planning a project of gathering a list of the all-time most important FEM photos, and then decorating the höyloft with them. I am thinking of mostly hanging them on some horizontal ropes (the amount of wallspace is limited). At the moment I am thinking of having at least all the modern FEMs as the scope but perhaps this could be extended to 04 and 05 FEMs as well? Also I need suggestions about appropriate amount and size of the photos. The cost of ordering the photos depends on those things, but the amount could be hundreds if just possible. Perhaps there could be photos of different sizes? At least the group photos could be made pretty big.

I started making a list based on links to the Markku's FEM photos:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RlG ... sp=sharing

In general this is not a small project by any means if done really properly, so I would really appreciate if you could start help me on that. Instructions for people that would like to help:
  • please add your photo suggestion under appropriate subsection as a link
  • if there are some nice videos, it is possible to take a frame of a video, upload it somewhere, and then put the link to the frame to the document, again under approprite subsection
  • if you have suggestions to some photos that are not in the FEM photos, upload them to somewhere and make some "Other" subsection
  • let's try to have all people represented (except those who don't want to be included)
  • in some photos it might be a good idea to modify them a bit by cropping, adjusting lightning and colors or by adding some text like naming all the people in the group photos or adding some funny caption or a funny quote or some important information related to the photo. it can be some comment or caption from the Markku site or something else. it would be incredibly awesome of someone could do that kind of stuff and upload the modified photo
  • you may add any comments, for example a keyword "BIG?" if you think the photo should be ordered in a bigger size or tell if photo needs cropping or other adjusting
  • please try to preserve the correct ordering of the photos
Also some other ideas to decorate the höyloft and make it more cozy are welcomed. Atm it is a bit gray because of all the dust from the old times. It might be feasible to do something like sandpapering the walls in order to reveal the real beautiful color of the wood, but I would need some help again. At least there will be more carpets since mom-o-matic is going to go through our carpets and give the worst ones there.

Shirt project (help appreciated!)

FEM is badly lagging behind PEM at least in shirt game. Let's try to take them over. These ideas were already discussed in discord:

Code: Select all

[11:36 PM] danitah: Imo i will see if i can make fem shirts at work for all attending :owocat: should get some discount at least
[9:21 AM] danitah: I believe making identical shirts (same logo in front) would be quite cheap for me with discount. Imo it would be best to personalize each shirt with nick etc but it might be too expensive. Problem is that we have a minimum order quantity of each label, i think it's 15. Maybe it's pos to make an exception though.
[11:20 AM] nick-o-matic: morn. dani works at shirt printing???? :D
[3:52 PM] Orcc: I think money can be arranged if print nicks too
[3:55 PM] nick-o-matic: yes sure. should think of some system. just buy shirts for all increasing participation fee or just do it as a separate expense per person if all dont want shirts
[4:03 PM] pawq: I think we just added a fixed shirt price for whoever wanted it at pem
[4:03 PM] pawq: but can't remember exactly :thinkbear:
[4:03 PM] pawq: shouldn't be a problem either way, I'm sure many would gladly pay
[4:19 PM] lousk: imo pay tisk to draw them manually
[4:27 PM] Orcc: Don't forget Kopaka's hand drawn logos
[4:27 PM] Orcc: I've seen them go on ebay for $50 000
[5:18 PM] nick-o-matic: good ideas
[5:18 PM] nick-o-matic: everyone could also paint their shirts themselves at fem
[5:18 PM] nick-o-matic: or could order eol shirt shirts
[5:41 PM] pawq: I think eol shirts on the front of fem tshorts would be sik
[6:11 PM] lousk: prolly shouldnt do them all the same way... e.g. some of them are kinda drawn from the side and others would look fine just pasted directly
[6:12 PM] danitah: i dont exactly work at shirt printing, we make heat transfer labels. but we have machine to put it on that i can use. my idea currently is to make basic shirts for everyone for free, then optionally ppl can pay to get custom with their eol shirt and maybe nick [team logo]. i dont want to increase base cost of fem and want everyone to get shirts.
[6:14 PM] lousk: liek this one doesnt really wörk https://elmaonline.net/images/shirt/11
[6:14 PM] lousk: dame no embed, well its jons shirt for the lazy
[6:15 PM] danitah: ye some shirts might need some editing to look oke
[6:18 PM] lousk: also nat trivial decision how to upscale tiny bitmap to a shirt, and prolly diff methods suit diff shirts
[7:24 PM] nick-o-matic: yes very prob-le-matic
[7:24 PM] nick-o-matic: but if someone wanna take the job it would be sikk
[7:25 PM] Kopaka: maybe some 8bit ish aesthethic
The most important points:
  • eol bmp shirts or nicks or something else or a combination depending on the case?
  • how to deal with the costs? invidual payments or no?
  • are there ppl who do not want to have shirts and therefore possibly save some money?
  • in any case somebody is needed to make the designs
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 5 Jul 2020, 15:50, edited 15 times in total.
Zweq
34mins club

Re: FEM 2020: should it be 8.7-18.7.?

Post by Zweq »

i'm not 100% but:

i'm willing to pay extra money for a silent slepspot, especialy if a new hang-out spot will be built outside hayloft that will generate soundwaves that wil travel to ears of outdoor slepers
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Zweq wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 10:46 i'm not 100% but:

i'm willing to pay extra money for a silent slepspot, especialy if a new hang-out spot will be built outside hayloft that will generate soundwaves that wil travel to ears of outdoor slepers
Okay, how much and how far away could it be? Basically the options are:

1) Me renting some empty building nearby (might be pretty cheap (need to investigate) and would be close, but needs many people)

2) Just you going to our local bed+breakfast place at our old village school (3km away, cheaper than norm hotels but expensive in FEM money standards)
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 20 Jan 2020, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I'm more or less 50/50 this year, and will be until early summer, cuz seems likely that we'll move back to Poland before then, so I have no idea how things will stand in terms of jobbare osv :)

But if I do come, I would defo like a t-shirt, and I'd be happy paying for it of course.

For dates I suppose it shouldn't really matter to me. If something comes up, then I wouldn't know about it until shortly before anyway.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Kosmos Festival is 10-12.7

Not gonna skip it but dunno about my participation in general
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Re: FEM 2020: should it be 8.7-16.7. or some other time?

Post by nick-o-matic »

Let's hope for the best Pawq :)
Zero wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 13:00 Kosmos Festival is 10-12.7

Not gonna skip it but dunno about my participation in general
Omg, so they shifted that festival by two weeks, that's really bad luck. A second option would be to have FEM a week earlier, but I am afraid many people will not have the holiday possibility so early. Anyway, I edited the opening post to include this case. A third option would be postponing by a week, but then at least AKB could not make it, and in 2018 the date decision already was made in his disfavor, so I would prefer not to do it again.
Zweq
34mins club

Re: FEM 2020: should it be 8.7-16.7. or some other date?

Post by Zweq »

nick-o-matic wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 11:19 Okay, how much and how far away could it be? Basically the options are:

1) Me renting some empty building nearby (might be pretty cheap (need to investigate) and would be close, but needs many people)

2) Just you going to our local bed+breakfast place at our old village school (3km away, cheaper than norm hotels but expensive in FEM money standards)
i think it should be a walkable distance, max 500m, so probably it's impsy. Duno money, i don't think that's a problem. If it's a hassle we can lok at other options?? Maby a tent
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Zweq wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 10:46 i'm not 100% but:

not sure but:

I will pay extra to sleep in same room as zweq. :)
Elasto Mania - ez better
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

50/50 atm but leaning towards yes
39:37,91
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I can make 8.7-16.7 (preferred) or 1.7-9.7, just need to know when decision is locked in and I will get plane tickets. :D I should also organise some comp, but maybe not bullets this year... :idea:
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I can most likely make any date but the sooner I know the better chances I'll have to get it. They are already asking at work when we want our vacations so people are starting to reserve dates already.

I'll have more info about shirt project soon. I have some idea about the design, but I'm not designer so need someone to help with it. I might hire professional designer at fiverr or something if no one is volunteering for it. I think it would be cool to keep the logo design secret until people are getting their shirts, of course would be approved design by nick-o-matic and I'll listen to any ideas he might have about it. Current idea is logo in front, nick+team(optional) in back. Making individual shirts from EOL shirts might end up being too expensive, at least if we'd want to have big ones. Maybe small is doable. Anyway I'll make separate topic for this project sometime when more details are ready.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Sik, thanks for taking care of this! :)

As for EOL shirts, I think even like a small emblem next to nick could be pretty coal :>

or sth like

but np if impsy ofc 8)
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

I'll probably come for a night or two during the weekend since I'll probably be in Finland during the proposed times.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

medium chances imo, if got visa, and if no other problems
(or mb high then, but:/)

this would be very oke:
pawq wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 13:10 Image
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I am happy to announce that the dates have been decided. It now looks like that these dates are clearly the best option. They happen to overlap with football European championships btw, mainly it means there will be football coming from the screen, and it might affect Sunday smoke sauna schedule.
Zweq wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 15:57i think it should be a walkable distance, max 500m, so probably it's impsy. Duno money, i don't think that's a problem. If it's a hassle we can lok at other options?? Maby a tent
Tent is always poss. I will also try to research the other options. 500m is poss if we rent some abandoned house. But I dunno if it is a good idea. There's better and probably more realistic building to be rented 1.5km away. Could use car and bicycles for that?

Awesome dani, mega ty indeed for taking care of the shirts!

Any comments about the photo project? =)
A.K.B.
37mins club

Re: FEM 2020: confirmed 8.7-16.7.!

Post by A.K.B. »

You may add me to confirmed (full time) :D
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

A.K.B. wrote: 6 Feb 2020, 12:59 You may add me to confirmed (full time) :D
Sick!

I am almost positive I can make it. 99% sure. But will know for sure in next few weeks :)
Elasto Mania - ez better
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

Medium
Seize the day
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Re: FEM 2020: NOT confirmed 8.7-16.7.! :(

Post by nick-o-matic »

Anti-stoke :( Due to corona FEM seems uncertain especially what it comes to July. Even if situation in Finland was ok by then, international travel and situation with other countries pretty likely would not be. Therefore, if FEM happens, it will rather likely be postponed. However, mega late, such as September, would not be ideal because of the probable coldness and poor insulation at höyloft. i specifically have been planning July FEMs for our farm to avoid the cold weather (last year weather was seriously some once-in-a-lifetime stuff, this is supposed to be almost like the warmest area of fin at July lol). However, if the international corona situation remain bad, and FEM is reduced to Finnish FEM, also some smaller-scale meeting in some rent cottage will be an option at autumn.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Sad but also fair. We will see how it goes, but I expect no FEM for me because of travel restrictions. I will really try to be at the next though :)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The corona situation is getting better in most European countries including Finland so it is time to revive FEM plans. Corona is and will not be gone at summer though, so the meeting should be done social responsibility at the first priority. I think this leaves open two possible solutions:

1) FEM at the already confirmed time 8.7-16.7.
2) Waiting some time till August or even September in case the positive trend continues, and some other countries could join the healthy country club, more borders would open, and bigger foreign participation would become possible. However, with this option, there might be some clashes with holidays for some other people, and participation might not get any better

In both of these options all the participants should be sure they are corona-free. There is not going to be any practical way to stop spread of the virus in the FEM conditions, which would lead to a total disaster:

1) Corona is a really sucky disease. Even if we are all young and beautiful, it is statistically likely that at least some of us are going to suffer it in the long and sucky way. Even in the best-case scenario a summer cough-flu sucks and doesn't leave a nice memory from FEM
2) Both of my parents are in the risk group, and they have been doing really great job in self-isolating, not meeting other people and just staying at our farm. Contrast to FEM is quite high. I would not like to take the responsibility of infecting them
3) In general people in Parikkala area are old and in the risk group. We have been 100% corona-free so far, and I don't want to be the one who brings corona to Parikkala

Sadly, this is really unfair for some people who are from more infected cities/countries. Anyway, this way, those who are able to come, could have a FEM without too much worrying and without a need for masks / social distancing / disinfecting hands all the time. Still, as much precautions as is still possible without being too unpractical, should be applied in the case someone brings corona to FEM after all:

1) No contact with my parents (or talking from distance outside)
2) Minimizing shoppe trips
3) As safe travelling as possible, arrival with own car preferred instead of public transport
4) A bit more social distancing than norm, particularly in the sleeping arrangments (this should be poss since there would be less ppl)
5) Lots of bear in case of alco in blood killing the virus at the early stage

So, FEM 8.7-16.7. or later? =)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Re: FEM 2020: should 8.7-16.7. be reconfirmed?

Post by nick-o-matic »

Btw I want to be clear that I welcome anyone who is in practice surely corona-free even if you come from some country/city with plenty of cases. If you have been social distancing and very careful in general, you can be corona-free for sure even if there are lots of cases around you. Travelling is of course still a problem in this scenario.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

nick-o-matic wrote: 21 May 2020, 21:06If you have been social distancing and very careful in general, you can be corona-free for sure even if there are lots of cases around you.
But can also carry it without knowing...

For me personally July is very unlikely, by then Poland will maybe barely remove quarantine etc. Aug/Sep seem a bit more likely, but dunno how much :/
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

pawq wrote: 22 May 2020, 09:55
nick-o-matic wrote: 21 May 2020, 21:06If you have been social distancing and very careful in general, you can be corona-free for sure even if there are lots of cases around you.
But can also carry it without knowing...
Ye sure, but that's why I would hope everyone who come will self-isolate themselves as well as is reasonable prior to coming to FEM and be 99.9x% surely corona-free.

After some researching, thinking and talking to parent's let's reconfirm the original dates! :beer: So, these dates are now fixed, and if corona gets worse, it will just mean smaller participation (more ppl can not attend because of the increased risks) at these fixed dates. But I hope that the situation gets better so that for example Helsinki mans would not have to worry about these risks.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Re: FEM 2020: 8.7-16.7. reconfirmed!

Post by Abula »

I probably skip this year because I'm in between a strong personal experience during the summer (changing surname in solo) and also no beer for me now because I'm focusing on beating some of my personal sport records from 2007. Elma is in a big shift as well. It would be fun to chat about Steam and update the latests news but it's also a very unclear situation at the moment.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

I come for few days, not sure about the dates though
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

planning 11.7 - 15.7 if train is ok?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Welcome Jappe2 and Zweq! I would say that at least right now train seems safe as the corona situation is only getting better in Finland. The situation might change to worse but it will be probably fine. In any case, it is poss to increase safety with a good mask and gloves and trying to sit far from others.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

train tickets for 10.7 - 15.7, decided to com 1 day earlier because bad train connections on 11.7
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Mother told me Swedes are not allowed to enter Finland. Is this true?
Elasto Mania - ez better
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

"Continue to avoid non-essential travel.
Except to Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania."

https://um.fi/frontpage
https://um.fi/current-affairs/-/asset_p ... travelling

"Starting on 15 June, self-isolation is recommended for all those arriving in Finland who come from countries that are still subject to internal or external border control. Such countries include Sweden and Russia."
https://intermin.fi/artikkeli/-/asset_p ... geId=en_US
veezay
Kuski
Team: rotaplask

Post by veezay »

hi! looks like me and Antti will arrive a day or two before 8th to help with all the last minute organizing and stuff, so consider us confirmed. not sure yet if we'll manage to be there to the end, but at least for the most part. trip done with my car so no extra humans around, ew.
Prestigious member of 6.58 Tutor01 club
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Hi! I'm not coming this year. I'm busy with work and family stuff. But nice to see that FEM is organized once again. Have a great meeting!
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

I am somewhat seriously considering not coming this year after all. I discussed with my gf and it seems a little too high risk everything considered. No offense to swedes but they have handled their corona situation really poorly and it seems despite restrictions it seems really easy to travel anyway? Are there any swedes coming to FEM would be nice to know beforehand since unfortunately i need to take that into account and it will affect my decision. People traveling from uusimaa area are another risk since most infections in Finland are from there.

My gf works in nursing home and I'm currently working part time as assistant for disabled person who is high-risk group as well. He also has a shortage of assistants during summer due to all the holidays and I would probably have to self-isolate for two weeks after the trip and not be available for work either.

So currently my feeling is like 80-90% not attending this year. Whole corona thing fucking sucks hard, I dunno why people are not more mad at china since it all started from there and they even tried to hide it initially. All the recent pandemics have originated from there and they don't seem to get their shit together...
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

I will be attending and I am from Sweden but I will have been in Finland for over two weeks before fem.
I am spending summer in Finland and am able to because I have a Finnish girlfriend. There is border guards checking passports when leaving boat. We came together in her car so was no issue crossing the border. Cross border relationships is a reason that makes it possible to travel.

I would not have gone to fem if I didn't have over two weeks in Finland before.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Thats awesome bene, cool that you found a way to attend and be safe about it.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Sorry for not writing earlier about this topic when the corona situation has been evolving and people from Sweden have announced that they are coming.

Safety is of course the priority number one here, but on the other hand, as I have written, I welcome anyone even from corona-ridden countries if they can make it safe like bene is doing. He has been mostly self-isolating the entire corona-time, and will have an extra buffer period in Finland before FEM as well. Also Ramone is thinking of coming, but he should be safe as well since he already most likely has went through corona. Apparently he is in a procedure of taking some sort of test to be sure about this. I am not sure if he will be able to cross the border like bene in any case though. Helsinki area was worrysome indeed still some time ago, but at the moment everything seems good. There has not been a new wave of infections so far, so I would trust Helsinki ppl to be safe at the moment, but things can change of course.

It is a pity if you could not come because of the corona risk Jappe, but I understand it very well if that will be the case. I also would not like to take the responsibility of you infecting your gf infecting elderly people. Anyway, I have been thinking of various measures for reducing the corona risk. There was some things in some of the earlier posts, but here is some more:
  • keep the doors to the höylloft open the entire time for good ventilation (if it will not be too cold). in general, reduce the indoors presence at fem. it depends on the coldness, but it might be possible to go through fem without visiting indoors once. for example, theres some beaches 1-2km away for your "shower"
  • larger-than-norm separations between tables. some tables close to the doors if you want to be extra safe
  • extra safe sleeping arrangements. mostly just one person in one room. this should be possible bc of the smaller attendance. also tents are always a good idea
  • corona seems to also like living in the bowel, and some public toilets have been spreading corona bc of poop-corona aerosoles. however, we have a very maalaisromanttinen outdoors toilet (ulkohuussi) with very good ventilation and room for 3 mans at once. it would be nice if everyone could use that as much as possible. of course all the peeing can be done in the backside of the cowhouse at the official peeing spot
Corona does spread mega ez, but not like mega-mega-mega ez, and asymptomatic people and people still in the incubation period will spread it less (mb only by the poop-aerosole thing). Therefore, with precautions, I think it will be poss to prevent the spread of corona in FEM even if there is one asymptomatic person attending. It might be possible for you to attend without even visiting indoors once.
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

Medium -> High, few days at least. I don't know about the dates maby come wednesday
Seize the day
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

nick-o-matic wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 12:53however, we have a very maalaisromanttinen outdoors toilet (ulkohuussi) with very good ventilation and room for 3 mans at once.
I highly recommend. Please share pic of 3 mans using it at once though :)
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
veezay
Kuski
Team: rotaplask

Post by veezay »

needless to say, i'm stoked.

Prestigious member of 6.58 Tutor01 club
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club

<ville_j> in addition to ""njoygin"""" footblay i ma """"""""enojying"" rap usic
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

insane guy wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 13:52 Please share pic of 3 mans using it at once though :)

nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Updated attendance list :)

Should start constructing timetable, if you have some competitons (I hope you have!), please let me know :)
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

im slim chancer(( break 7y streak(( enyoy
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I'm very likely coming, probably from Thursday or Friday to Sunday or Monday.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Lousku wrote: 2 Jul 2020, 18:51 im slim chancer(( break 7y streak(( enyoy
Ohdear ;( But Im hope slim chances materialize :)

Also Ramone is now slim chances because he was not allowed to anibody tests so we don't know for sure if his sickness was corona, so he is now not coming unless we figure something out for this (entering ferry would have been problematic anyway).
Orcc wrote: 2 Jul 2020, 19:42 I'm very likely coming, probably from Thursday or Friday to Sunday or Monday.
Welcome!
Raven wrote: 30 Jun 2020, 03:30 Medium -> High, few days at least. I don't know about the dates maby come wednesday
Welcome Raven as well! However, even though I did set the official start date on Wednesday, I am not sure if there will be much of an attendance on Wednesday yet because of smaller attendance in general. I can not even fully promise everything to be in 100% order on Wednesday so there might still be some arrangements, but I will try with Spef who is coming to help already today, and with vz & Antti, who are coming early as well.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Poss to get ride for the weekend? From PK seutu anywhere

Not bringing my pc this time. Lightweight travelling
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Im confirmed full time. Would be great if pos to borrow extra monitor from someone.
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Zero wrote: 3 Jul 2020, 19:45 Poss to get ride for the weekend? From PK seutu anywhere

Not bringing my pc this time. Lightweight travelling
I hope you will find a ride, and ez to set up a some sort of computer for you =)
danitah wrote: 3 Jul 2020, 22:51 Im confirmed full time. Would be great if pos to borrow extra monitor from someone.
Welcome! Ez extra monitor.

Btw I realized that the dishbrush is a virus sling (viruslinko), so please bring your own and put your name on it. It will be always poss just to put your dishes to the dishwasher though but then it is needed to carry them from the höylloft to the house. But there will be some common dishbrush for pans and kettles and such.

I am thinking of strong remote presence for FEM including mostly public competitions, twitch stream and a group video chat for those who can not attend because of corona (including presence on the whitescreen). We will keep you posted =)
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Mans bring yer own dishbrushes ez, they cost only like 0.3E cheapest ones and if wane better there's various kinds in normal stores ranging from 0.5-1.5E in normal stores. (IN SWEDEN AT LEAST.)
ToMaT
Stini
39mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Stini »

I'm arriving on Friday so I'm confirmed.