Corona Virus: will we all die?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Sunshine
Kuski

Re: Corona Virus: will we all die?

Post by Sunshine »

milagros wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 14:32
gimp wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 22:43 On a personal level I am not worried at all, because I am a young man with no underlying illness.
don't worry, some underlying illness will be found if you die:)
We don't know yet what the long term effects of the disease will be and many virologist say that we will be dealing with after effects of corona for a long time. There was a study done that showed 78% of people recovered from covid had permanent heart damage (source: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaca ... le/2768916) and there has been some lung damage noticed as well. If you are young it doesn't mean you shouldn't be worried, you can still die from covid, it's just smaller chance.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Thats good to know. Of course i am using my intuition on how safe i am, and not calculating the immense amount of questionable variables. The variables that seem most important are age and do you have some health issue already. Most posts by me here are hypothetical like if i were king of the world, but as for my personal choices in this, i do some outdoor activity with others/sports, but generally stay away from parties, but i have gone to a bar who operates illegally now with no mask and some people. I respect other's space, before i see family or a close friend i ask how they would like to do so, if at all, ill let them know how often i interact with others. I have read some studies that vitamin d deficiency causes more probable death, so i take vitamin d and go outside often, also i have read sunlight kills the virus, and also exercise and eating healthy is always a good idea for immune system/longevity/happiness. So much so it surprises how much attention gets put on social distancing and masks, but nothing on just being a healthier person in general.

One interesting thought i had was the biases we may have in this if we are extraverted or intraverted. The intraverts will of course bias towards closure and staying home and vice versa for me as an extravert, may be some truth to it.
God Bless America
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

got covid. have had max active holydays in july.

not the hard form of it was, just like some usual disease. was siting at home just.
now 2 weeks passed after got, must be norm now, waiting for confirmation:/
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Wow, sounds scary, glad you seem to be doing okay!

How did you realize that it was indeed Covid and not just a regular cold or something?
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

kuchitsu wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 16:42 Wow, sounds scary, glad you seem to be doing okay!

How did you realize that it was indeed Covid and not just a regular cold or something?
bcz all family got ill, obv some flu then.
then called ambulance and took covid test
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Yesterday I got yelled at and almost got beaten up in public transport after (politely) asking a person to put on a face mask, which is mandatory in public transport. Good shit.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Tigro wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 09:37 Yesterday I got yelled at and almost got beaten up in public transport after (politely) asking a person to put on a face mask, which is mandatory in public transport. Good shit.
sad that retards are everywhere, my mother also encountered such recently
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I had Covid at some point, most likely early March. Tested positive for antibodies in June.

All I can remember is I lost my sense of smell for a day or two. A newly opened coffee package smelled 0 even with huge inhale which was a very odd experience. Food only tasted burnt/metallic kinda, but no actual aroma.

All in all I'm happy to have gotten antibodies from such a mild experience. Also kinda trippy to try having 0 smell for some time. 9/10 would recommend assuming you have the same exact symptoms.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

I tested positive for covid-19 two weeks ago, tomorrow getting out of home isolation. I have no symptoms at all now, everything's back to normal.

At the beginning I had high fever (38,9°C was max) for few days, took regular pills for fever and they worked oke. I was extremely tired, it was hard to even reach for glass of water on bedside table when I was in bed. My muscles and joints were in pain.
I didn't lose my sense of smell/taste at any point, tho. I didn't cough, I didn't have sore throat, no headache.

It is so weird how there's such drastically different progression of the disease for everyone.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

I had about 38°C about 3 days, feeling unwell, and headache (when lying only). Then (10 days) i was felling almost oke, just was losing sense of smell/taste for some period and now still have little cough only.

Max was 39,1°C at first night and it was smth really wierd. I couldnt sleep, bcz when i close eyes, head starts to hurt, and the reality is replaced by some other reality, where i do some actions not from myself, but from many people in different situations in one time. Duno how to explain it:D. its like some kind of torture.
Finally i turned on the TV with minimum volume, to have at least some sounds from real world, and it helped somehow to fall asleep.

ye, its very diff for all ppl. my sister didnt have any symptoms at all, just positive test.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

AndrY wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 15:39 the reality is replaced by some other reality, where i do some actions not from myself, but from many people in different situations in one time. Duno how to explain it:D. its like some kind of torture.
wow, sounds sick
maybe i know this experience, or similar to this. brain can go brrrr during flu or flu-like illnesses
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Glad you are all OK and hopefully 100% recovered. I managed not to get the virus yet despite working throughout the pandemic and not taking many precautions apart from keeping distance from people and wearing a mask where required, but I am getting depressions because of the lockdown and not being able to do anything since March. Really hope it's over soon.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Do not go mad Madness! I hope it is over soon too.

For the introverts on this forum is quarantine no problem for you? My girlfriend for example is not social at all and says it is a relief because she doesnt have to see people now. I am a social man and the quarantime in California Los Angeles is very strict and real, so been difficult for me but i would not say i am depressed yet, i am not really sure what depression is though.
God Bless America
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

i probably had covid recently since my mom had it with noticeable symptoms and then later my aunt, but i only sneezed like 2 times and that was it. gues im 1 of the luckys
gimp wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 19:02 For the introverts on this forum is quarantine no problem for you? My girlfriend for example is not social at all and says it is a relief because she doesnt have to see people now.
yeah its pretty relaxing not having to be in social situations all day but i miss my friends :( and school life overall mb
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Yea, I was expecting quarantine to be a breeze and for a while it was, but eventually I realized that being introverted doesn't mean you don't want any human contact at all. You need it in much smaller doses, yes, but it's still essential to your well-being and you can go bonkers without it.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

My life hasn't changed much at all, I go to shops more infrequently and wear a mask but still see small circle of people, just gf/ close family mostly. Studying remotely has been nice experience as well. If gyms would have closed (they didn't because my area has very few cases, 0 in the past two weeks) it would have been biggest impact on my life I guess. I do hope this thing passes soon though and things get back to normal