Have you ever had a dream that spanned multiple days?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

kuchitsu
Kuski

Have you ever had a dream that spanned multiple days?

Post by kuchitsu »

I've just realized that all my dreams seem to describe the events of just one day, never multiple ones. I'm wondering if this is some kind of a limitation.
tej
Kuski

Re: Have you ever had a dream that spanned multiple days?

Post by tej »

my dreams only span moments, never an elongated period of time.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I interpreted this question differently at first. I have dreams that dont finish, and it bugs me and so it will sometimes take 3 real days before the dream finishes, even if the timeline of the dream may only be one scene or hour. My dream may be one reality and then go back and rewrite itself differently if i didnt like the way it was turning out, even small things like the way a sentence was said. A minute of time of my dream may be an hour of real time because of all this editing, but hard to confirm this.

I have also had dreams that span multiple days all in one real night, or maybe a lifetime all in one night from childhood to dying. Not really any consistency in telling what a dream of mine may be.

I write my shit down too so this probably influences my dreaming. I dont talk about the content of my dreams unless asked because i know that they can be boring to listen to, but i do like hearing about people's reoccurring dreams because i think those ones may have some hidden meaning about a person's trauma or stress level.
God Bless America
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

There are different types of dreams, so question could be clarified. For example take these types:

- norm dreams that anyone has
- lucid or quasi lucid dreams, which are more like reality and dreamed by people who deliberately practice (or natural talents in) dreaming, in other words sharpen their consciousness to make dreams clearer
- drug induced dreams, specifically dmt dreams

Norm dreams are had mostly without much clarity, where the mind can't hold enough continuity whatsoever. But when dreams go more lucid this is very possible as the consciousness learns this capacity (I could explain more but dunno if anyone would be interested). And when it comes to dmt I've heard of people living lives in different worlds for days if not weeks.

Personally I once had a lucid dream that I started dreaming, then woke up, then went back and continued dreaming. It was many years ago but it was me meeting an gurl, we falling in love, different life events happening. I think it did span more than one day, but don't have so much clarity to remember.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

I have had dreams where several days passed but it's rare. Nowadays it's quit rare for me to even remember my dreams, I don't know why. You can improve dream recall if you wish and writing your dreams down is one of the methods, also thinking before bed "I will remember my dreams" helps. At some point I really wanted to learn to lucid dreaming so I used those techniques and they helped but I also got sleep paralysis few times which made me stop.

One of my recurring dreams is swimming underwater, sometimes in the ocean but usually in a swimming pool. I dive underwater and swim from one end of the pool to another without having to take a breath. IRL I'm not very good swimmer but I would like to learn how to scuba someday. Being underwater feels somehow relaxing and calming to me. Don't think it has any deeper meaning.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I had a few dreams that spanned lifetimes, meaning actual years passed, I got older, raised a family etc. Was amazing.
You can imagine it at a pace that the book "The Physician" is written.
Sadly didn't have those for a while.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I semi-clearly remember having some recurring dreams or dreams with a recurring theme, but obv hard to remember if any of those may've been continuous narratives. One theme I remember quite clearly is me fucking up everything in stressful situations. For example ahead of the move to Poland (which was tricky on a number of levels during lockdown) I had dreams about shit going wrong during the move almost all the time (missing flights, truck with stuff crashing or running away, us leaving stuff behind by accident, etc.). I had fucktons of dreams about missing flights, even though I never missed one irl. Wonder if my brain is just releasing the fears that I'm suppressing when awake :thinking:
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Time in my dreams is usually discontinuous, dreams can span many days overall, but with imperceptible jumps in time.
And there are those scenes, when i'm doing something extremely boring for very long (for example: walking on the streets and searching for some building), sometimes feels it lasts for hours.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

I have a recurring dream with my very good friend, who died in a car accident back in 2008. Fun thing, because I had it today, usually it happens on average, let's say some every 6 months. I mean each dream is different, but in every single one there is the same motif: my friend is SOMEHOW alive despite we both know that he DIED... and apart from that the dream is pretty much normal, we talk, we do things we would usually do, in the end it comes down to me crying, shivering and hugging him very strong and being happy that SOMEHOW he is back with us. And that he should be more careful next time (the accident was his fault). Then I wake up and the feeling is really mind-boggling.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Kinda ambiguous question.

I often have dreams that end when I wake up and then resume when I next sleep; and can carry on for weeks at a time. This also ties into daydreams (something I do a lot).

I also often have dreams that will span multiple days or even weeks-months in the dream but occur in only one night.

Vivid dreaming is a huge part of who I am.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Some of my dreams feel like they take years. I had a dream where I had moved and lived in a completely different place and had a new job somewhere else too. I exactly knew what I did in that job the previous day and some other details from weeks before. I was driving there and knew the route by heart inside out as if I had taken it a million times before. Then I woke up and the route didn't seem familiar at all.