Would you be 70y old man or a woman?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Become 70 year old man or woman of your current age right now?

70y old man
18%
A woman
82%

Total votes: 22

Sunshine
Kuski

Would you be 70y old man or a woman?

Post by Sunshine »

Recently I got some bloodwork done and I have to decide whether I will live my days as a 70 year old man or as a woman. Which one would you guys choose?
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: Would you be 70y old man or a woman?

Post by ROKKEBOL »

Suicide in 49

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

My first association with "70y old man" is a grumpy geezer, but my first association with "70y old woman" is a kind grandma, so the latter. Not sure what this is based on. :P
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

the question is not 70y old man or 70y old woman, the question is 70y old man or woman of your CURRENT AGE, sorry if this was confusing in topic title. So far people seem to think that it's better I start my transition into womanhood.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Sunshine wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 11:17 70y old man or woman of your CURRENT AGE
What does this mean?
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

if you are 20 years now you would become a 20 year old woman
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Sunshine wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 11:55 if you are 20 years now you would become a 20 year old woman
So, would u want be man or woman currently? Thats the question?
Team SPEED

Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

No, if you are 20y old male now other option is to become a 70 year old man
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

OHHHHH 70Y REFERS ONLY TO THE MAN, NOT THE WOMAN
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I was like "WTF is a 70y old man of your current age" :lol:
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

woman ofc, wouldn't trade 50 yrs of life to keep whatever it's worth being a man over a woman
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Ah, ez woman then and lesbian.
Team SPEED

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

This topic very lmao for me :)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

I'm glad my medical problems amuse you :roll:
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Oooooh now the question makes a bit more sense.

I'd me a woman ez. No way I'm skipping most of my life just to not be a woman.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Jappe2, how is this a realistic option for you?

I would pick woman.
God Bless America
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

I got my blood work done and I have testosterone levels of a 70 year old man. TRT is a little bit hard to get here so now my choices most likely are to live as an old man for the rest of my life or embrace my low levels and start transitioning into womanhood. I'm getting second test done now and will see what happens after that.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Now that I understand i change my vote, i would choose to have the testosterone level of a 70 yr old man rather than transition to a woman, but that's just me. I dont think i can change my poll vote so you may need to redo the math.

Im interested to keep hearing your progress on this if it doesnt bother you to share it.
God Bless America
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

What does it mean to have testosterone levels of a 70 year old man? Like how does that affect you? And how is this connected to transitioning to women? Do 70 year old men want to be women?
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I'm not sure I understand, but I like my p3n0r. But if I have to become a woman to stay alive, then yes? I guess.
ToMaT
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Think of all the things that make men different than women and you will find that most of them are linked to testosterone. For example muscles, chest hair, being physically violent or more likely to engage in violence, things like that. a 70 year old man has less of all those things. Competitiveness is another interesting example linked to testosterone. A little controversial if you get into wage gaps, but did you know men are better chess players on average than women, and not because more men play (yes a study has proven it)? But why? There is no muscle involved and men and women have same average IQs (although men can be way dumber or smarter on the tail ends). The answer is probably testosterone, since it is the biggest difference between us. Same thing goes for hoyling a level for hours, 70 year old you will not be as interested and neither are women statistically.
God Bless America
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Now that there's more context, I can write a bit here.

It's lmao for me not because I laughing at your situation, but kinda how this topic relates to me.

Many people have hormone replacement therapy; both to reduce or increase hormones. Many transgender people take testosterone to become more masculine and it is a very effective treatment; allowing people who are assigned female at birth to grow beards and genuinely appear entirely male to anyone who doesn't know. Similarly the reverse is possible. I'm taking medications that severely reduce my testosterone and increase my estrogen levels to help me transition.

If you're in a situation where you are experiencing low testosterone levels; I would assume that barring some other issues preventing this; the most typical response would be to take testosterone supplements which should rectify your issue.

Alternatively become a girl - I'm not good to advise here because this is what I'm doing without the extra context of your situation so I'm kinda biased xd
Image Cyberscore! Image
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I think I don't understand the idea of transitioning to a woman just because of low testosterone levels. I would understand if the reason was actual gender dysphoria that gives one a super uncomfortable feeling like they are in the wrong body. But what's wrong with a man being kinda like a woman? Why is this seen as an issue that needs to be rectified? Like women are inferior creatures or something and it's embarrassing for men to be similar to them. Can't you just embrace who you are?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

jappe, you are so brave to publicly talk about your gender dysphoria
[carebox]
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

kuchitsu wrote: 4 Sep 2020, 13:33 What does it mean to have testosterone levels of a 70 year old man? Like how does that affect you? And how is this connected to transitioning to women? Do 70 year old men want to be women?
5 main symptoms of low testosterone are:
1. lack of energy.
2. feeling "down.
3. lowered energy and endurance.
4. lowered ability to exercise.
5. lowered work capacity.

My levels were 340ng/dl. Do you think I like the idea of being a woman? No, I like being a man but if I don't get TRT what other choice do I have? According to the poll most people in this thread would rather be a woman than 70y old man also...

Thank you mila I know I'm brave!
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

So do women have these symptoms all the time? o,o Since low testosterone levels.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

your other choice is getting artificial testosterone
your balls will get tiny, but whatever, they will recover when you stop taking it:)
[carebox]
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

kuchitsu wrote: 6 Sep 2020, 10:03 So do women have these symptoms all the time? o,o Since low testosterone levels.
These symptoms are due to strange overall hormone imbalance; not purely low testosterone. Women have other hormones involved in greater quantities.

@ Sunshine, it seems like you're not treating hormone replacement therapy (taking testosterone supplements) seriously as an option? There are millions of people worldwide who take hormone supplements daily for a huge variety of reasons from birth control to condition management.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

I would take TRT ofc but it's not up to me, it's doctors decision. "normal" range is 8-38nmol/l, my first test was 11.7 nmol/l. Before they even consider TRT I need a second test and that's on 16th. European urologist association recommends trying TRT if the levels are under 12 but in Finland I think generally they have lower limit so I might not be able to get on it. That "acceptable" range is just so outrageous, someone can have almost 5x your levels and still both of you are in acceptable range???? According to studies 14nmol/l and below is where people start to show symptoms and they are obviously worse the lower you go.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Whatever happens, I hope it works out for you and that you're able to enjoy your future life as yourself, whatever the exact chemical composition of your body may be =)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

it's fucked that if a woman decides to take testosterone, she can make the decision herself
if a man wants to do it, he needs permission from the doctors
[carebox]
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

when i orig read the thread i didn't really pay attention and thought it was more of a casual "would you rather" scenario, knowing it's your actual situation i think i (and many others) would vote differently. i hope you qualify for whatever treatment you need and want.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

You already said you like being a man so there is no current gender dysphoria. this topic seems half troll to me. i dont believe you are taking becoming a woman seriously. i believe you did want to highlight your low testosterone issue (which is brave) and it's helpful for you to share with other men because there is no need to carry your pain all by yourself.

If i am mistaken and becoming a woman is not troll, but a serious consideration, then it would be a big mistake to become a woman when you have already stated you like being a man. whatever problems you have now are less than the gender dysphoria you would create by becoming a woman. i imagine you would have very serious depression afterwards, and all your relationships would suffer because the decision was not authentic. I dont know you personally so i am speculating off the fact that you said you like being a man.
God Bless America
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

After reading whole topic I also change my vote. I would rather be a man of my current age (with testosterone level of 70yo man) than a woman of my current age.
This topic is super interesting. Would love to know more about your transition, Haruhi :beer: I don't know when in the future it is gonna happen, but I am looking forward to welcoming first girl in elma community since mopogirl 8)
Last edited by Bludek on 8 Sep 2020, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

gimp wrote: 8 Sep 2020, 08:17whatever problems you have now are less than the gender dysphoria you would create by becoming a woman
Yea, transitioning to a woman sounds like an extremely radical solution, kinda like amputating whole arm just because of one bad finger. Sorry if I sound disrespectful Sunshine, and I admit I don't know jack shit about this subject so there might be more obvious stuff that I'm missing (thx Grace for the clarification above), but so far I really don't understand why you would go to such extremes. In any case, I sincerely hope you can find peace within yourself.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

gimp wrote: 8 Sep 2020, 08:17 You already said you like being a man so there is no current gender dysphoria. this topic seems half troll to me. i dont believe you are taking becoming a woman seriously. i believe you did want to highlight your low testosterone issue
You are correct
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Pretty impressed overall with all responses here this whole thread, feels like zero effort to troll and genuine attempts to support and advice from all kuski's. almost humbling really.

Perhaps a blunt response but I feel like gimp hit the nail on the head here. It seems to me like there is no question that the correct course is to supplement with TRT. Given the info put here, a transition seems like it could be a very bad option.

I can't stress this enough - Hormone Replacement Therapy is a political minefield in medical profession. Some doctors will be downright assholes about it with some "No you can't have it because it conflicts with my beliefs" and there are others who are very interested in seeing things put right and will not judge. I have experienced this first hand in such a similar way, and my advice is that if your doctor does not recommend you for TRT; find a new doctor who will. If the next doctor doesn't, keep searching.
Might be worth looking into medical professionals who have proven reputation with things like sexual health and lgbt because they tend to be better about this sort of thing.

@ Milagros - I think maybe some confirmation bias or something impacting your view there "it's fucked that if a woman decides to take testosterone, she can make the decision herself - if a man wants to do it, he needs permission from the doctors". Make no mistake that in both M or F; medical advice should be sought and followed. It is possible to get hormone replacement without a prescription though; but dubious to do so without oversight from doctors.

PS. I voted woman because obviously that's me; but placing myself in your shoes with your context I would vote for man.

@ bludek: "Would love to know more about your transition, Haruhi :beer: I don't know when in the future it is gonna happen, but I am looking forward to welcoming first girl in elma community since mopogirl 8)"

Have been transitioning for some time at this point. It's a long process still especially in a global pandemic :!:
Image Cyberscore! Image
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Grace wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 02:02 blabla
I miss your old avatar :cry:
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Now with all relevant information I'm not so sure anymore. What exactly does "living with the testosterone levels of a 70 year old" entail? Because this does not seem to be synonymous with living as a 70 year old. I wouldn't mind living as a woman if there was a pop one day and I changed in an instant, but going through an actual real non-scifi sex change would probably be way too taxing and traumatic for me.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Grace wrote: 10 Sep 2020, 02:02Some doctors will be downright assholes
maybe they are just playing safe and don't want to be part of it
chances are you will regret it, ~40% attempt suicide, a significant portion "detransition" etc
[carebox]
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

milagros wrote: 12 Sep 2020, 02:06 chances are you will regret it, ~40% attempt suicide, a significant portion "detransition" etc
If only trans people were less stigmatised by their societies
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Honestly, don't really want to get into it too much, Mila.

Suicide rates are pretty expected from a subset of ppl that suffer from gender dysphoria. When people transition the suicide rate plummets btw. All signs point to the dysphoria being the issue rather than the transition. That said, it's not easy.

Detransitioning is extremely rare.
Image Cyberscore! Image
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

do as you like, I believe people should have the right to fuck up their lives anyhow they want
[carebox]
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

I got second round of blood tests done now and my total testosterone was even worse than the first time, 10.2 (previous 11.8 ) and this time they also tested free testosterone which was 188 pmol/l (range is 155-800) so low also. Now waiting for a phone appointment to general doctor who hopefully gives me a referral to endocrinologist, will have to wait and see!
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

All the best, I'm sure endocrinologist will be able to help.
Image Cyberscore! Image
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Do you feel like you have always had low testosterone? If so might be kind of cool new feeling if you are able to start getting testosterone and start having more sex drive, exercising motivation, etc.
God Bless America
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

pro tip: stop watching porn
[carebox]
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

gimp wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 21:52 Do you feel like you have always had low testosterone?
I've had the symptoms for very long but they could be from other factors as well so it's impossible to say if I've always had low levels.
milagros wrote:pro tip: stop watching porn
Studies have shown that watching porn (or any sexual activity) increases your testosterone levels so not very protip! One study showed that watching porn before workout increased performance on squat 3 rep max: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21983238/. Abstaining from masturbation does raise testosterone and peaks at 7th day but after that levels return to normal again. Also married men have lower testosterone than single men, but divorced men have higher than even single guys! (https://www.jstor.org/stable/3006019?se ... b_contents), so maybe I should get married and then divorced to raise my levels hmmm...
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Nice study on squat, ez bring laptop to gym now
God Bless America
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

pro tip updated: watch porn, but don't play with yourself
Image Cyberscore! Image