Nick and team changes

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: how do you rate levels?

Post by pawq »

specter2 wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 00:22everything
I think that's just your perception, and it's quite unfortunate.

There are people that changed their nicks, and sometimes inconsistently, but can't immediately recall anyone currently trying to hide who they are.
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

I remember villej as nice guy. Dunno what happened to him.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

iltsu wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 01:12 I remember villej as nice guy. Dunno what happened to him.
recsource gate
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

pawq wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 01:05
specter2 wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 00:22everything
I think that's just your perception, and it's quite unfortunate.

There are people that changed their nicks, and sometimes inconsistently, but can't immediately recall anyone currently trying to hide who they are.
that just tells how little you know about anything, i never tried to hide my identity
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

abruzzi wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 03:06
iltsu wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 01:12 I remember villej as nice guy. Dunno what happened to him.
recsource gate
that just tells how little you know about anything, recsource has nothing to do with anything

now let's get back to topic
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

if nobody knows anything about anything then why not just ban your phantoms everywhere?
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

some people do know and you clearly don't, perhaps that's the reason why im not banned
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

silence peasant, i ban u :killer: :killer: :killer:
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I think if nowadays you are allowed to choose your own pronouns and stuff then changing the nickname should also be respected. It feels like a similar part of a person's identity.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Re: Nick and team changes

Post by Labs »

Ppl tend to change their nicknames, but the way here normally isnt just making new accounts. They should write here about and it gets done, also can change it in eol if want. This way others see the change and everyone is happy. Giving ban for not doing it like "norm" way is not oke tho.
Team SPEED

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Labs wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 11:00Giving ban for not doing it like "norm" way is not oke tho.
Not doing it like "norm" way in this case means creating phantom accounts, which automatically results for bans on the phantom accounts in all cases that I can recall, except ville_j's.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Interesting, i think mopolauta authority does its best and is reasonable, sometimes it is hard being in charge and you cannot please everyone. we probably just dont have the full story.

Sveinr or any other authority of mopolauta:
Does ville_j have two active forum accounts? If so were you aware of it?
could i also create a new forum account while also still retaining my old one?
If not and assuming that is the case for ville_j, why may he do so but i cannot?
God Bless America
ROKKEBOL
Kuski

Post by ROKKEBOL »

This is how i changed my nick:

danitah: do you use this nick anywhere else?
[23:53] danitah: there are some guidelines to changing nick, you should only change if intend to use the same in other places like lauta and chat rooms also
[0:02] danitah: are you going to use new nick for longer period?
[0:02] ROKKEBOL: i think so
[0:04] danitah: i'll accept it, make sure to tell people who you are when they ask etc
[0:04] ROKKEBOL: ofc, im not blaztek
[0:04] danitah: :smile:
[0:04] danitah: ok accepted
[0:05] ROKKEBOL: thanks
[0:10] danitah: btw you should change nick in lauta also
[0:10] ROKKEBOL: i dunno how
[0:10] danitah: yeah have to ask admin to do it, i can ask sveinr if you want
[0:11] ROKKEBOL: pls do it

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

As one of eolmods I can say what it looks like on the EOL front from my perspective:

gimp wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 07:23Does ville_j have two active forum accounts? If so were you aware of it?
Yes, ville_j and awsj, although the former is hardly active - no battles played since 2017, roughly when this (the linked post and the following two from vj) happened:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9284&p=258487#p258460
We've been aware (as have most people I guess) that awsj was vj virtually from the start, but given all the drama that took place before, I assumed that he did want to hide his identity and just keep playing the game without revealing who he is, so I didn't say anything in public unless someone asked explicitly. From my understanding, the phantom acc wasn't banned partly because of vj's status/contributions, and partly not to add to the drama.

gimp wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 07:23could i also create a new forum account while also still retaining my old one?
The short answer is no, the phantom acc would be banned when discovered and your old/normal eol account would get a warning.

gimp wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 07:23If not and assuming that is the case for ville_j, why may he do so but i cannot?
See the first answer.

As much as I didn't (and don't) want to add to the drama and thought it was mostly OK if vj wanted to quietly play incognito, given his overall activity I think it's simply unfair towards the people who are not as active everywhere and therefore may've not figured out or not heard that it's all the same person, which is why I decided to post about it openly. And to be fair now, especially given that vj said he never intended to hide his identity, I'm beginning to question if he should really be exempt from the rule. But there are higher authorities in EOL.

I hope this explains something to some people. Just to underline once again if I haven't enough already - these are all my personal observations/opinions, and don't necessarily represent the opinions of the other eolmods.

PS: ROKKEBOL is the best example of how a nick change should take place. It's plain courtesy to keep consistent nicks throughout the various places in the scene, in order to make it easy for everyone to identify you and to avoid confusion, especially of the less active members. Of course nick changes happen, because now and then we may want to alter our internet identities, but they should (and in most cases are) be consistent and well-announced, in order to help the whole community. That's the very purpose of this topic (or so I presumed).
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

edit: actually never teh fuk mind, why do i care
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

:helmet: Very discussion
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

pawq wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 11:07It's plain courtesy to keep consistent nicks throughout the various places in the scene.
Okay, pawq.

Lee → Brucek Leek please.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I am referring to the post above.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Another half-year later, I'd like my nick to be changed to Peavey.

Thanks.