New Across Internal Times

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

New Across Internal Times

Post by Hosp »

Let's revive the Across scene!

Der!
Tell your new across internal tim0rs ok? 8)

Just tried some across,

01. 15.28
02. 18.20
03. 22.78
(bad unhöyled times)

Very nice game!
Seems megfak though that there are moving killers/apples.
ToMaT
A.K.B.
37mins club

Re: New Across Internal Times

Post by A.K.B. »

01: 13.99 so much easier in across than elma.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

give downloadlink.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Across

Need DOSBOX too.

Concerning how to start it with DOSBOX I cannot really explain, but I do these commands in order (Kopaka helped me):

intro

intro mount

mount x x:\

x:

cd progra~2

dir

cd across

across.exe

The 'x' = one of my HDDs so the HDD you have across on is the same as 'x'.

cd progra~2 I have no idea what means but try 1-4 or something.
Rest same for everyone I guess.
Hmm, btw I think this is only if the across folder is in Program Files (for me 'Program Files (x86)' folder) right after you click on that HDD, dunno how to do otherwise, but you guys are smart, you'll figure it out, or ask someone who knows this stuff.
ToMaT
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

it´s not really needed to do it this difficult way, I usually only mount drive - across folder and type across.exe and profit.
e.g. when you have across in C:\games\across\
then type

Code: Select all

mount c c:\games\across\
c:
across.exe
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Lol. Or you just drag across.exe onto dosbox.exe or a shortcut of it and it launches.
39:37,91
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Or just play elma pls.
goofu
Kuski

Post by goofu »

Bjenn wrote:Or just play elma pls.
Hmm, it seems as though you have fallen for a rather elaborate wile. On closer inspection, you failed to realize that the provided information was, indeed, falsified -- this was a direct consequence of the duplicity involved. In case you are aware of this fact, I enjoin you to continue your journey on this portal, however if you are not, I must ask you to leave the vicinity immediately.

And while desperate renegades are likely to grant you a great deal of license in the spirit of spreading general terror and chaos, this does not mean I can shirk responsibility for recent lapses and even outright failures on your part. I hope you understand this. If not, consider phrasing your incertitude.
TT: 45:43:64
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

goofu wrote:
Bjenn wrote:Or just play elma pls.
Hmm, it seems as though you have fallen for a rather elaborate wile. On closer inspection, you failed to realize that the provided information was, indeed, falsified -- this was a direct consequence of the duplicity involved. In case you are aware of this fact, I enjoin you to continue your journey on this portal, however if you are not, I must ask you to leave the vicinity immediately.

And while desperate renegades are likely to grant you a great deal of license in the spirit of spreading general terror and chaos, this does not mean I can shirk responsibility for recent lapses and even outright failures on your part. I hope you understand this. If not, consider phrasing your incertitude.
What the fuck did i just read?
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

Slippery Slope: 14.18
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

someone beat some wrs please
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

oh nice forgot i made such thread, should try it again
ToMaT
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

across wrs are kinda max ez with modern styles if hav proper alovolt. When I tried it took couple of mins to beat uphill battle and steppes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkB8nWcnRAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29-qf6tfC4

some wrs are still hard though, because it's hard to master the wheel bumping on vertices, like hi flyer. Wheelie helps
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

when across done qucik video :bear:
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Zweq wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 10:34 across wrs are kinda max ez with modern styles if hav proper alovolt. When I tried it took couple of mins to beat uphill battle and steppes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkB8nWcnRAo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29-qf6tfC4

some wrs are still hard though, because it's hard to master the wheel bumping on vertices, like hi flyer. Wheelie helps
ye saw those, imo you can 42wrs
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

bene wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 12:38 when across done qucik video :bear:
i hope soon
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i haven't seen stepped video before, max sick:)
[carebox]
xkcirm
Kuski

Post by xkcirm »

on tuesday (29.6) i played across for first time after 12 years and friday (3.7) i was hunting my old hi-flyer personal best time which was 34,7 (2000).

after some minute i made this perfect bounce:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynguQEyRVrQ not finnished because i ruined the end but i realised that i can also attack world record what was big surprise for me because 32,61 is the oldest WR driven in january 1999. anybody in golden era (year 1999) could not beat that time. some minutes later (35 minute) i made this run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q5yDCPJxb4 with buggy bounce i drove 33,49 but i am not Stini to have buggy personal best times ,) so i continue hunting... but no luck. that friday 3.7 night i made only this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_nelQ-9XnE 35,39 time.

on sathurday (4.7) i played again and made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyEbTS9Kuio 35,28 unlucky end but it doesnt discourage me. 12:03 PM its finally happend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkSqyCHZcCY – 32,34. It made me a day xD.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

sick wr! nice job
i made tunnel terror 1,03,83 last week, which some of you may have missed
and also a shitty uphill time i already forgot, worse than zamppe's time but beter than umiz so i still submitted because i can
px didn't receive that email in time for the latest update, same as labs' hill legend improvement which also didnt appear yet
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

drived warm up 14:83 x 3 and 14:82 x 2 yday
basically stikky style just a bit refined
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

started palying across a few days ago again, improved wu to 14:80 (same style as prev, also got like 6 x .82 lol) and puhill to 20:99 (beated later by labs 20:90)
now going for under 13mins tt in v1.1 verison, but hard to keep motivated becuz game freezes on me sometimes and i lose some prs because weird state.dat autosave :/
Stikky
Kuski

Post by Stikky »

Hello everyone- long time no see :)

Very glad some people are playing Across again!

You have been crushing it ArZeNiK! Congratz on the Hi-Flyer record, also, xkcirm.
Someone sent me those Zweg YouTube videos awhile back, and the Steppes especially blew my mind.

Labs also has some very impressive times- that Hill Legend seems insane.
I dug up my old files and have sent in a few more WRs that never got updated back in the day.

Would like to play again sometime, but the game always crashes in DOSBox on Windows 10 every time I die or complete a level- anyone know how to fix that?
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Stikky wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 21:15 Hello everyone- long time no see :)

You have been crushing it ArZeNiK! Congratz on the Hi-Flyer record, also, xkcirm.
Someone sent me those Zweg YouTube videos awhile back, and the Steppes especially blew my mind.

I dug up my old files and have sent in a few more WRs that never got updated back in the day.

Would like to play again sometime, but the game always crashes in DOSBox on Windows 10 every time I die or complete a level- anyone know how to fix that?
wow Stikky, nice to see you here, and thanks a lot!
have you bought the Steam version of across (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1339 ... uperCross/)? it has some quality-of-life improvements and better handling of files using steam cloud (which might be causing your issue, im not certain).
also, you can talk to more people, including the game's current owner, in the elasto mania discord server (https://discord.gg/sBKaxRKTEx)
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Hi, maybe try this one:

https://up.elma.online/u/erwy9xuchd/across12alo.zip

Just start dosbox (keymapper NOT working in this one) and game will autorun. Basicly alo is set to left ctrl, brake alias = num5

Edit: Changed it to working alo exe.

Edit2: It contains old internals also (43-47) from now, if u want uncentered cam, change the across.exe from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1594kCy ... sp=sharing

Edit3: Now u can have 10000 levs and recs instead ~600 in folder and loading in superfast, updated link.

Edit4: Changed res file, so now u can edit ur own "lgr". Files are in files directory (for example i edited head and food, named them as 4_fej_kor and 4_T_food_kor, if u rename them to original filenames 4_fej, 4_t_food, u get circle head and circle apple instead the original ones).

Changed the dosbox exe also, with this one u can gas without releasing key when starting to play a level /fullscreen only, but all resolutions work, so u dont have to suffer in 320x200/. As in this dosbox version the keymapper doesnt appear, if u want to use the keymapper then there is the keymapper.exe and dosbox_keymapper.conf (have to rename it to dosbox.conf), then press ctrl+f1.

Also if u missed, u can now convert across recs to elma recs (thanks sunl :*), which makes merge and uploading to elma.online ez: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10161
Last edited by Labs on 16 Mar 2022, 15:50, edited 9 times in total.
Team SPEED

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Stikky wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 21:15 Hello everyone- long time no see :)

I haven't been touching across just yet, but wow, awesome to see you Stikky! You're an absolute legend of the game, it's lovely to have you drop in.

No doubt if Arze and Labs continue to play around, we'll continue to see some new improvements to the old times, I'm really enjoying watching them improve things :D

Not sure if you use Discord or not, but the Elma (and I guess Across) community is mostly active there nowadays too, here's a server invite if you wanted to jump in and chat a bit: https://discord.gg/gpSJWDmq6K
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Grace wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 01:12 No doubt if Arze and Labs continue to play around, we'll continue to see some new improvements to the old times, I'm really enjoying watching them improve things :D
the inconsistency of alovolt has discouraged me from trying for WRs but now that a fix to that problem is on the horizon im very excited to beat some more old times
Stikky
Kuski

Post by Stikky »

Thanks for the responses (and kind words) everyone- very glad to be here :)

Do not have the steam version yet- is that the one you play ArZenNiK? And you can import/export your state.dat and recs easily?

Will also try your file and and tip first, Labs- thanks!

The truth is that I was a pretty mediocre player during the Across days, but I was fortunate to make many friends and also traded for lots of replays.

In the across days, replays were not always shared openly (and World Records were never openly shared by default), so having a good replay was sometimes like having gold.

I never shared or traded anything I was asked not to, but there have not been many things in my life as fun as getting on #across
in IRC in those days, trading a few replays with people, then leaving with three or four new replays [of times that had previously seemed totally impossible] to watch.

I hoyled and got a few World Records during Across's peak that I was very proud of, but I got many that are on the chart now.. maybe most of them.. and also broke the 35 minute TT minute barrier after most people had already moved on to Elma.

I was excited just like everyone else when Elma came out, but I still enjoyed playing Across more than most people.
It also became easier to break some records when new styles got invented for Elma, and they could often be adapted or translated back to across.

There is probably lots of room for improvement across the board in Across now- ESPECIALLY as compared to Elma.
There is opportunity for anyone who has a little creativity and tolerance for snagging your tire in weird places, etc. :)

Just patience and love for playing the shittier game :)

I am very fascinated by the new records I have seen broken by the people here playing now.
There are also some times- like barbapappa's 45:02 Quick Round, that I have not been able to figure out. There was a completely different style originally used in Across, and I think the previous record was something like 50:xx or possibly 49:xx. I think it's very clear that he was able to use one of the early Elma styles and bring it back to Across, but I still cannot figure out HOW.

I am curious about your 1:03 TT ArZenNiK- I think the record was 1:06 before Elma came out, and I believe it was driven right before Elma got released by someone not previously very well known [if at all- possibly his first or second world record]. All of this should be verifiable by the record tables, I am just sharing the lore I remember from my time playing in those days :)

Anyway, I think barbapappa or someone got a 1:04 in Across after Elma came out [almost certainly with some help from some Elma based style tweak], but I am still in the dark and have not spent the time yet to see what to change/improve. It was never my best or favorite level, but glad you have figured something out!

Already mentioned your Hill Legend, Labs. I have TuA's previous 19:40(+-) WR rec, and his replay seemed GOOD, although slightly different than what is now being done in Elma, I am not yet exactly sure how you pulled it off! You seem to be going on a rampage still- keep it up, just don't beat any of my times, please ;)

Jk, of course- we can still be friends, even if we are at war :beer: [Seriously Jk though- don't know when I will actually find time to play, let alone get good again- it would be like an Olympian fighting a crippled man, but I won't complain) XD

Anyway, thank you for welcoming me back everyone- keep up the good work :)
xkcirm
Kuski

Post by xkcirm »

After a year of playing Action SuperCross I am publishing my best times in this video. I played with alovolt button which i simply map in dosbox. I don't know if its allowed so take my times unofficial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkAgfGmZ8rw
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

what the hell man :O insane
me and labs play with alo button that i know for sure. but its not 100% consistency
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

wow new wr table also, very nice job stikky and labs! and mrickx your records and TT are awaited for on the next one! (at least from my part)
wish i could submit a TT too but mine is so shitty :( will go for improve longer levels when proper alo patch comes out. at least i got some 12:4x TT in 1.1 version earlier
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Stikky wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 20:28 Do not have the steam version yet- is that the one you play ArZenNiK? And you can import/export your state.dat and recs easily?

I am curious about your 1:03 TT ArZenNiK- I think the record was 1:06 before Elma came out, and I believe it was driven right before Elma got released by someone not previously very well known [if at all- possibly his first or second world record]. All of this should be verifiable by the record tables, I am just sharing the lore I remember from my time playing in those days :)
1. yes i play the steam version, you can easily find game files and move them around without breaking things, as long as youre careful with the latter, but in the readme its explained
2. wrstyles have changed a lot since 2003 heh, can check here or here for some concrete examples mayhaps.
for the tunnel wr specifically i used a spinstyle at start which was first used by zweq in like 2007, here wr rec: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FB5ufu ... sp=sharing
but as mrickx shows in his video above, my time is easily beatable with old 2001 style even, however i will try to improve mine later
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Stikky wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 20:28
Already mentioned your Hill Legend, Labs. I have TuA's previous 19:40(+-) WR rec, and his replay seemed GOOD, although slightly different than what is now being done in Elma, I am not yet exactly sure how you pulled it off! You seem to be going on a rampage still- keep it up, just don't beat any of my times, please ;)

Jk, of course- we can still be friends, even if we are at war :beer: [Seriously Jk though- don't know when I will actually find time to play, let alone get good again- it would be like an Olympian fighting a crippled man, but I won't complain) XD

Anyway, thank you for welcoming me back everyone- keep up the good work :)
Its nice that an old across legend returned, my very happy seeing u on board! That hill is just same with elma style, not even bnc-ing there tho, so not much to wonder :P At least that turnaround wr is already lost(?), so i can take it from mrickx, i sent my nab 38.88 to current table, but u had better. I should still play like 2/3 of levs to get normal times on all levels, so some wr times which feels too ez will have to be beaten, dunno about yours, will see :)
Team SPEED

Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

xkcirm wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 20:29 After a year of playing Action SuperCross I am publishing my best times in this video. I played with alovolt button which i simply map in dosbox. I don't know if its allowed so take my times unofficial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkAgfGmZ8rw
Very nice video mrickx! Thanks for sharing it, next table will get big-big improve with these! Is totally fine to use dosbox alo with its keymapper (its only working like 80% of time tho, which will be fixed (hopefully) in some weeks by sunl). Please also send ur tt to abula, u are first to break 34 tt, i wanted to do it, but i still need at least 1 month for that, big gz! I was curious about ur total and made the file, check if it contains misswritten times, uploaded it below link.

https://up.elma.online/u/9f0qt65zpa/totalmrickx.xls
Team SPEED

Stikky
Kuski

Post by Stikky »

Wow mrickx, the video of your personal times is almost as good as an "Action Supercross done quick" video 😂

Looks like you posted that one minute(?!) after I mentioned/was asking about Quick Round, etc.- thought I would get some response, but not that quickly :)

Thank you for making that video and sharing! It is fascinating to see so many new styles used in Across. One thing seems for certain- alovolt has changed the game, but it seems like a natural progression that's here to stay. I am going to have adjust if I can ever dust the keyboard off one day :)

Thank you for the additional information and tips, everyone.
Keep it up!
barbapappa
Kuski

Post by barbapappa »

weekend bear rant*
Last edited by barbapappa on 8 Nov 2021, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

response to weekend bear rant
Last edited by ArZeNiK on 25 Jan 2022, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
barbapappa
Kuski

Post by barbapappa »

weekend bear rant*
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Last edited by ArZeNiK on 25 Jan 2022, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Attachments
05L2090.REC
(62.22 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
04L3172.REC
(95.3 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
01L1479.REC
(44.22 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Team SPEED

barbapappa
Kuski

Post by barbapappa »

come on guys, play along....
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

barbapappa wrote: 7 Nov 2021, 10:06 come on guys, play along....
im playing :) beated both tunnel and kuik ronud times already
barbapappa
Kuski

Post by barbapappa »

ArZeNiK wrote: 7 Nov 2021, 11:32
barbapappa wrote: 7 Nov 2021, 10:06 come on guys, play along....
im playing :) beated both tunnel and kuik ronud times already
Nice! Now throw in some insults and we can relive those competitive days :beer:
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

barbapappa wrote: 7 Nov 2021, 14:32 Nice! Now throw in some insults and we can relive those competitive days :beer:
go to hookers for sado mazo play with insults imo. id rather beat some more wrs than think of how to insult someone that i barely even know anything negative about.
actually, i probably just suck at trying to relive what i havent even lived in the first place, knowing that you were already setting wrs when i wasnt even borned
barbapappa
Kuski

Post by barbapappa »

weekend bear rant*
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

Last edited by ArZeNiK on 25 Jan 2022, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
barbapappa
Kuski

Post by barbapappa »

weekend bear rant*
Last edited by barbapappa on 8 Nov 2021, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Someone should check across assembly code and figure out if 100% consistency alovolt in across is even possible without changing the code.
barbapappa
Kuski

Post by barbapappa »

Zweq wrote: 7 Nov 2021, 19:14 Someone should check across assembly code and figure out if 100% consistency alovolt in across is even possible without changing the code.
Unpopular opinion, but I think it adds to the unpredictable charm to the game that Elma didn't have, like vertexes slowing you down sometimes here n there or kuski-ansikte being positioned differently. Kinda made it separate game apart from Elma that was smoother and reliable 'all' of the times (felt like ice-skating when it came out imo, some even hated it). Would it still be Across if someone patched away the wheel-snapping too? But then again making it equal for all would level the playing field for sure I get that.

Though can't help love the randomness of this old game, trying to overcome unforeseen obstacles with planning and bit of risk/luck. But maybe that's nostalgia talking.

What worked best for me was using AutoHotKey proggy and playing in small window making it more consistent. Don't remember but had something else opened that made it even more effective for whatever reason(?), or maybe my imagination. Kinda like how you would experiment with having winamp, quicktime or something weird running in the background back in the days. :beer:

DosBox always gave me problems for whatever reason, so just used this simple code:

§::
SetKeyDelay, 0
Send, {Left Down}{Right Down}
KeyWait, §, Up
Send, {Right Up}{Left Up}
Return

Wasn't it mr[FM] who would plug in a USB controller and map alovolt to it, pressing it down with his big toe or something back then? Maybe someone can remind me on that one, made me laugh when I heard of it. The lengths people will go I swear :lol:
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Unpopular opinion, but I think it adds to the unpredictable charm to the game that Elma didn't have, like vertexes slowing you down sometimes here n there or kuski-ansikte being positioned differently.

Would it still be Across if someone patched away the wheel-snapping too?
I don't think it's an unpopular opinion at all. I just think it'd save everyones time if someone with reverse-engineering brain spent 15 mins of their time to check out if it's even worth trying all kinds of ahk scripts, dosbox tricks and whatnot to achieve 100% consistency alovolt. If it cannot be achieved, then it is what it is and the game should be left like that, I guess.

"Elmafying" across-physics is a big nono imo.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

the wheel thing makes me orka hoyl some triks like labro bounce but i still think taking it away would be big sin yes