Russo-Ukrainian War

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

gimp
Kuski

Russo-Ukrainian War

Post by gimp »

All mans in eastern hemisphere, you okay?

Obviously Ukraine not okay, dont know how many Ukrainians there are in elma community.
I have heard Russia is not okay either because of the sanctions causing supply issues and inflation, but not sure how much is just media hype.
Not sure how other Europeans are affected. Here in America only thing I have noticed so far is lots of gossip and gas prices are up.
God Bless America
milagros
Cheatless

Re: Russo-Ukrainian War

Post by milagros »

i use info only from reliable sources
here is the recent explanation of the situation by us vice-president kamala harris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkZqZm1ajbU
[carebox]
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

I dont know what the intent of your video was, but yeah those two and our last president say crazy shit all the time :)

i want mans to know i do not judge by what country you are from.
God Bless America
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqk4pWnVN5w
Very important video, and message in this time.
ToMaT
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

join discord for humble discussions of teh
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

bring back ribot
Pocho
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by Pocho »

kuchitsu wrote: 20 Mar 2022, 17:35 bring back ribot
+1
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

ribot wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 20:42 join discord for humble discussions of teh
I tried discord. Didnt like it. Im sure i am in the minority though since mopolauta is a ghost town now.
God Bless America
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Yeah, forums are dead as a format. You'll have to adapt to trends to stay connected with the community.
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

kuchitsu wrote: 24 Mar 2022, 15:33 Yeah, forums are dead as a format. You'll have to adapt to trends to stay connected with the community.
forums are not dead as a format, but in this extremely small community there aren't enough people to keep it active
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Forums still exist. Compared to absolutely any metric (the old activity of forums... the prominence of just about any social media, especially Discord) in-context though, calling them dead is pretty fair. In the height of activity this forum saw, we would have multiple individual users posting as much a day as the entire community posts here a year now.

Yes, some forums still see activity, but those forums are also not thriving as they once were. On the whole, the format is well past its prime.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
specter2
Kuski

Post by specter2 »

finland at least still has forums that get hundreds of posts daily, they are not around any specific topic but are general and have sections for different kind of stuff. also reddit is very forum-like, that's where most of the people went i guess and that killed off the smaller individual forums. so no i don't think it's the format that's dead, maybe it wasn't just a sustainable format for these smaller communities.

the problem with this forum is that i don't really know what i should be discussing here about. why would i talk about russo-ukrainian war here because i know there are better forums with better posts and more content? i am not really that interested in those five specific individual's views that might post on this topic. same applies to most of (if not all of) the generic world topics etc. these topics are easily scratched on the surface while talking random stuff on irc on in-game chat and that's enough.

what i would gladly talk about here is the stuff that concerns this game. there's just not much happening in this dead community, apart from all the occasional drama and that's when people reveal their nonexistent discussion skills which further pushes me away from posting anything serious on this board.
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

at least this forum is not as dead as that http://forum.elmaclub.net/
but its slowly going to)
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Last edited by gimp on 29 Mar 2022, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless America
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Last edited by gimp on 29 Mar 2022, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless America
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

specter2 wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 13:40 why would i talk about russo-ukrainian war here because i know there are better forums with better posts and more content? i am not really that interested in those five specific individual's views that might post on this topic.
I understand this is not the optimal place to discuss such matters. I do happen to be interested in the community's views though. You guys are the only people in the world I know that live in Europe and Russia, albeit I only know you through the lens of a computer screen. If people don't want to or care to share views about this on a gaming forum that's understandable, but in past I have learned other viewpoints here on things like Covid or even anti-American views I never knew existed. It is an outlet for new perspectives from people I semi-know.
God Bless America
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

gimp wrote: 1 Mar 2022, 23:19 All mans in eastern hemisphere, you okay?

Obviously Ukraine not okay, dont know how many Ukrainians there are in elma community.
I have heard Russia is not okay either because of the sanctions causing supply issues and inflation, but not sure how much is just media hype.
Not sure how other Europeans are affected. Here in America only thing I have noticed so far is lots of gossip and gas prices are up.
okee
Duno how its in europe with gas, but here... Was strange lack of office paper a week ago (and mb sugar?), but duno.. really i dont feel any notable changes. Prices are the same, or almost. Dollar/euro are going down. McDonald's, clothing stores, luxury stores and such, closed.. hmm:/ not a serious problem imo. Many sites are blocked.. dont think is was a good idea:/
A relative have problems with the delivery of materials from europe (for welding), but it seems that nothing is wrong either, somehow it is solving.
Really its a question for whom these sanction are worse, europe or rus.

War.. its all shit ofc. Europe+usa blame Russia, deify Ukraine and suddenly HORRIFIED by the war, despite the fact that it has been going on in Ukraine for like 8 years (LPR/DPR). In Russia these actions in ukr are explained by usa pression (with help of ukr) and ukr nacism. The truth is somewhere in middle..:/

rus side if view seems more reliable, but dont want to discuss (it was enough in discord imo)
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Thanks Andry for post. This to me is the most interesting to see perspective from Russian kuskis, would be nice to see Europes too though. Of course none of us want to think we are the bad guys. In reality no individual is at fault here, we all just happened to be born in some country, but it is easy to take matter personally. I served in American military during Afghan/Iraq war and the world had different opinions on it. Some commended me and some thought i was the "bad guy". the truth is that all war is shit and i was just trying to pay for college as a young kid, this is bigger than all of us.

My media says Russia is the bad guy in this situation, that the naziism in Ukraine is real, but only a small faction of the country and hardly a problem at all or worth starting a war over, and that Putin's real motivation for starting war is to keep Ukraine from joining NATO. They say Putin is losing the war so far which may lead him to feel like he is "backed into a corner" and he may launch a nuke or use chemical weapons. Anyway just what my media is saying, but bias is everywhere of course. Sorry for all mans effected.
God Bless America
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

gimp wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 17:54 Anyway just what my media is saying, but bias is everywhere of course.
sure
gimp wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 17:54 This to me is the most interesting to see perspective from Russian kuskis
is was only my opinion. among rus kuskis its very dif, heh
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

it's a blessing we have all these big countries - USA, Russia and China - in all their greatness and glory willing to share their wisdom, how other inferior under-developed territories and their uncivilized savage population is allowed to run their countries and their lives
[carebox]
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Gimp, don't listen to andry and come to discord to read many more opinions of other mans who weren't indoctrinated by putin's domestic and foreign propaganda.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

how's denazification going?
because there are nazis in latvia, finland or poland waiting to be denazified next
god bless russia and their retarded leader
[carebox]
ASPIRINKA
Kuski

Post by ASPIRINKA »

Hi all, I'm writing from 2024.
The war is still going.
Mobilisation in Russia was organised.
A lot of people left both Russia and Ukraine
Many more people was killed including Ukrainian civilians, many UA towns were destroyed during this period
Some 'opposite' generals in Russia were arrested, others were killed
NATO is preparing to war with Russia (currently they aren't ready for sure) and can't arm Ukraine in necessary amount of weaponry
Doomsday Clock show only 90 seconds till midnight. Tic-Toc