Back to Elma after (almost) 20 years!

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

pietras
Beginner kuski

Back to Elma after (almost) 20 years!

Post by pietras »

Hello Elma community! :head:

My name is Piotr, I'm from Poland and I'm 33. :beer: Elastomania is one of my favorite childhood games. :apple: I spent probably HUNDREDS of hours beating the original levels and fan maps, as well as creating my own. :) Why am I here again? I came across it on Google Play a few days ago. Then I downloaded and completed it in a few hours. :D I was very excited to play it again. And now I'm here. It's amazing that the community of this game is still so active!

I have a question - what happened with elmasite.com? :? I once uploaded my maps there but I see that the site is currently (permanently?) unavailable. Is there any other place from where I could download other players maps or upload my own?

Have a nice day everyone!
Elma4Life
SveinR
Moporator

Re: Back to Elma after (almost) 20 years!

Post by SveinR »

Hi, welcome back to the game :)

The most important website now is https://elma.online

Here you can download tons of levels (maps) and replays (and even watch them in-browser!) but most importantly, download the EOL (Elastomania Online) mod that allows you to play against others online, in both short battles or longer cups. If you have any questions on how this works or how to install it, feel free to ask :)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
pietras
Beginner kuski

Post by pietras »

Thanks for the warm welcome SveinR!

I understand that all data from elmasite.com was lost?

Is it possible to upload maps on elma.online? Or share links?
Elma4Life
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Probably most of the levels are on elma.online, if you remember the names you can search for them. And elmasite.com is on archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080706152 ... m/news.htm
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Welcome back!

I used to main elmasite as well, but yeah, the site was discontinued some years ago.

I don't know if Lasall who ran the site still has access to the levels etc that were uploaded there. I could ask some other of the EA members if they still have contact with him :)

Also, worth noting is that nowadays most of the community activity/discussion takes place on discord:
https://discord.gg/vGU93xHf
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages