elma golden league / olympics

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

onlainari
Kuski

elma golden league / olympics

Post by onlainari »

idea is that instead of World cup we could have olympics in elma. Not like this topic http://moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=77 ,but a competition that would maybe last 1 month.

Schedule could look like this:

- 4 one week events like in Wcup.

- 2 15min battles / week = 8 short battles

- 2 30min battles / week = 8 longer battles

- a maraton battle = 24h

- + contests like in that topic linked above (Like a long jumping contest in battle format, you have only 1h to battle the biggest jump or longest brutal volt etc)

- level designing contests

- etc.

The schedule might look tight if it was just 1 month olympics, but however if battles are scheduled in a row, like 1 short + 1 long are in a row in the same day etc. And you don't have to take part in all sports of course.

To make this funky and interesting the olympics should have nice looking own page etc and counters to next olympic event etc.

There was a topic about having battle world cup ,where there was an event every sunday,but i think this could be better.

- only problem is that we should have it at a month where everyone is able to take part
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

this sounds amazing

i want to play it right now, lol

well all the events sound cool.

and doesnt sound that hard to organize either.

im free from now till last week before september then its school.
TT= 38 somethin
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

I'm all for this idea. I think it's been suggested before, without anyone really noticing.
onlainari wrote:- only problem is that we should have it at a month where everyone is able to take part
I suppose the summer is the best time to arrange it then. Which means that we have to plan it quickly.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

yea would be real nice event instead of or together with wcup.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

I don't think this should be held _instead_ of wcup but as a contest of its own. Don't break the old traditions but make some good new there beside.
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
BPM
Kuski

Post by BPM »

I totally agree with this. End of August/beggining of September would be the best occasiona to hold this competition I think.
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

I think it's a great idea that mixes all of the elma playing talents (not only hoyling but also making good times in a limited period of time).
but i think there is a problem with battles as not all of the ppl can get connected at the right hours and participate this, not as in normal wcup events that they dl lev and send rec in their free time.
anyway, this will be very great instead of wcup next year. :wink:
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

We could just draw the starting times of the battles so they would be equal for everybody.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
2fast
Kuski

Post by 2fast »

Ye,very good idea
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Ok this idea sounds great here but the battles will make it quite compicated. There isn't always time JUST when the battle is held, because elma ain't our life there might be some other things too. And if you really wanna succeed in this tournament it is possible that elma will really mess up your life..what about waking 5.00 at morning to play some nice 15min battles. And when you look at mopobattles there is usually around 30 players, maybe this could draw some more ..50? That is still lot less than wcup which had over 100 few times.
So I think there isn't any change this would take up wcup, but still a nice compo 8)
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

g00d ide@ :!:
39:37,91
Bokhylle
39mins club

Post by Bokhylle »

This is a good idea, but I dont like the idea of 24h maraton battle. Way too long...
Flyrre
Kuski

Post by Flyrre »

Bokhylle wrote:This is a good idea, but I dont like the idea of 24h maraton battle. Way too long...
It doesn't mean that you have to play all 24 h but sure it is an advantage if you do :wink:
[GF] ;)
Fuida
Kuski

Post by Fuida »

This would be sooooooooooooo cool! I want it now!!!! GIMMEEE :P
Bokhylle
39mins club

Post by Bokhylle »

Ante wrote:
Bokhylle wrote:This is a good idea, but I dont like the idea of 24h maraton battle. Way too long...
It doesn't mean that you have to play all 24 h but sure it is an advantage if you do :wink:
I know. But you have to play pretty much to get a good result I guess.
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

there is also a huge problem with timezones as it's impossible to decide about a time that will be good for Europe, America and Australia too.
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

but if you wanna make it real olympics, you don't have to participate in everything, I think. let's say you have a certain numper of parts, 1 for battling 15 mins, 1 part for battling 30 mins, maybe so on, and then 1 part for level designing with theme, 1 part for 24H TT, then couple of more parts what has to do with elma, if you part these, you can have more winners or with one 'let's cal it medal' or two of them. We could also make up country teams, so that a country wins, or like that you have Teams.
If you make such teams, you do have to succeed a couple of conditions, so you can mix up good teams. or just maybe not, ah well never mind...
I can't recall what I had in mind. :roll:

just we have to make this rolling before vacation end, you know.
It is cool idea, but we need to organise this, b/c else this gets forgotten yadda yadda... blablabla 8O what am I talking about?
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

yay, brilliant :D do it now so we can play it at kopaka's place :wink: :wink:
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Epsilon wrote:there is also a huge problem with timezones as it's impossible to decide about a time that will be good for Europe, America and Australia too.
Err...if its 24 hour...does it matter...?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

Just don´t let any noob take care of this contest cause it will not be good then...=)).....must be like Abula, Px, GuyB or Skint0r for it to work....=))
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Jonas wrote:Just don´t let any noob take care of this contest cause it will not be good then...=)).....must be like Abula, Px, GuyB or Skint0r for it to work....=))
Why are they better than everyone else ??
Last edited by Kopaka on 14 Jul 2003, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.
Ikop
Kuski

Post by Ikop »

it is a nice idea
but it should be done in a difrent way .
like 13 regular wcup levels, 6 battles, +4 levels like longest jump longest brutal and pipe level.

if you will do it like onlainari said it wont be a world cup anymore...
just some strange battles cup or somthing like that...
what i mean is that the regolar levels should be like 70% of the contest
and not 20% like in onlainaris plan.
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

this aint wcup genious

elma olympics

did you even read the topic
TT= 38 somethin
Ikop
Kuski

Re: elma golden league / olympics

Post by Ikop »

onlainari wrote:idea is that instead of World cup we could have olympics in elma. Not like this topic http://moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=77 ,but a competition

lern to read genious ,
didnt they teach you at school the meaning of the word instead ?

he is saing lets make a new world cup and call it "olympics"
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

i think, that i would be better, if 1 kuski can participate in about 2-3 events only :!:
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Instead of World Cup, so you battle in weekly levels, we could have elma olympics, like that you have more then one goal. people who like to hoyl, go play levels, people who prefer the more creative part, level designing, go do the level design part. so you have slightly more chance to win something if you have a couple of week points, but also strong points.
it brings another dimension to the elma scene.
Ikop
Kuski

Post by Ikop »

Flat Tracker
think a little... !
you will have 15 people playing evry event.... instead of 250
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

whatever ppl, dont take it so harshly. It wasn't my best verbal expression there. But I guess I meant that next big event in elma could be this olympics and not the traditioanl wcup. So we would arrange this event in between the world cups. The world cups have been like once a year or every other year so....Or if moposite arranged this event, then it could kinda replace the 5th wcup in the schedule, but still we would call the next actual wcup as wcup5 or something.... peace.