THE MYSTERY SPRING THINGS

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Chris Penrose
Donator duck

THE MYSTERY SPRING THINGS

Post by Chris Penrose »

I don't know if this has already been asked, but does anyone know exactly who figured out those spring things that people put at the beginning of levels? (first)

Also, I would like to find someone who fully understands grass polygons.
Watch the birdy...
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

i sense sarcasim in bartek's voice. and exactly what would you like to know about them chris(more specific question would help :D )
-brag
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Sarky Bartek

Post by Chris Penrose »

Hey, BarTek. Don't be so tight. I don't understand grass polygons, OK? The main problem is how to control the thickness of the grass. It's strange. I put an ultra-thin grass polygon just beneath the land and what I get is a ruddy great big thing when it comes to testing. It's usually not a problem with really flat land, but any angle mre than 5 degrees and it takes me about half an hour to get it right.
Anyway, the main thing I want to know is the thing about the spring things. Who founded it? Is it a program error, or is it supposed to do that?
Watch the birdy...
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

like the spring things in two of my levels, complications and...steppin up
and in your compressor

ne ways i didnt get the idea from anyone else, because a long time ago when i first got the game i made a level where you had to the fart bounce to clear the gap in the level. then i just realised it works nicely and is a good beginning to alot of levels. as of who first invented will probley never be known...balasz maybe.

the other day i was playing ramp frenzy and toward the end where you have to do the bounce to get your tire on that thin polygon, i tapped brake to do the bounce and my tire streched out extremely far very fast, then it went into the damn polygon, now thats a program error, i have the replay btw

and about the grass polygons you can only put them to a certain angle otherwise they look like shi7.

ok enough typing for now//////
-brag
Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

devin wrote:like the spring things in two of my levels, complications and...steppin up
and in your compressor
Thanx for all the writing, but I wasn't talking about fart bouncing. I was talking about where people put the wheel(s) in amongst a load of thin rectangular polygons at the start of a level which propells the wheel(s)away dead fast. I called it the spring thing because it kind of looks like a spring.
Remember my "Barrelada blue", and "you figure it out" levels.
Watch the birdy...
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

ahh yes i know what you are talking about. and that i dont know why or how it happens, i think it is just a bug
-brag