Replay files

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

M07hM4n
Kuski

Replay files

Post by M07hM4n »

As I'm still improving, everytime I have a best time, I save the replay. So I'm renaming my replays that I can organize them by date level and time. Anyway, everytime I'm going to watch them, I need to rename them. Is there any program that opens recs with bigger file names or a patch to fix this in elma?

I don't want a renamer, because those are almost the same as renaming myself, since I only rename one file.

Thanks
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

nope... the rec controlling system has always been as messy as it is today, 8 characters long and thats it.

replay date you can see in the last modified tab in windows so that shouldn't be that big of a problem, people call their recs often for example

01x1421.rec - level 01, time of 14,21
01z1421.rec - level 01, driver zweq, time of 14,21
or just by name, 01abula.rec

you can see replay time by pressing ctrl+alt+enter in the replay list but that's +- 0.04 seconds, but it's usually enough.
there is external programs to show exact replay time too if you find it necessary.

all in all, it would be extremely useful to have at least folders for replays for better archieving. you might as well check out my startup batching system to control different replays and levels. i've personally been using it around four years almost from the day one, its still by far the best system i can think of which exists today.
M07hM4n
Kuski

Post by M07hM4n »

Thanks a lot dz, that sure helped. I'm going to save my times in an excel table, i think i can keep them and compare them better that way. Or maybe even a program.

And about the startup batching, it is great but i think some people may have problems configuring it(not problems, but i'd take a lot of time).. I think I will make a program for that when I have some free time.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I use ElmaTimes instead of an Excel table, and the various comparison sites that are around are really good too...
As for rec naming, I call them 43chux for Hehe or 12chux for Islands...its what most people do (I think)
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.