Finnish Elma Meeting 2004

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Finnish Elma Meeting 2004

Post by Abula »

It's again time to start planning the upcoming meat.

General
Finnish Elma Meeting (FEM) is a traditional yearly happening event where some (usually) Finnish Elma players are gathered to meet other players and have fun. So far there have been four of them.

History
June 2000, participators: bluu, Conny, Karlis, kuiva, PeXi and Tisk, place: Ulvila, Tisk's home
May 2001, participators: Abula, bluu, Karlis, kuiva, Mikko, Nikke, PeXi, Tisk, Toble, Tuska, place: Nokia, Toble's home
August 2002, participators: Abula, Tisk, dz, Karlis, kuiva, mrickx, mr, Orcc, Jokke, place: Lammi, rent summer cottage
June 2003, participators: Abula, Karlis, mr, Tisk, px, Orcc, Jokke, Pallukka, terb0, Hapa, Tapzu, place: Polvijärvi (near to Joensuu), summer cottage in Sotkuma

More details, reports and pictures here.

Place: Lammi
Date: 23.7. (Friday) - 26.7. 2004
Duration: 3 days, not decided yet (remember that you can be there only half of it if you think it's too long)
Participators: -
URL: http://www.pulu.org/fem04/

Above information will be edited when needed.

Check out the last years reports and pictures. We have had fun. My personal favourite competition is the beer battle :].
Last edited by Abula on 13 Jul 2004, 20:39, edited 2 times in total.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

The place could be the same as last time. Who doesn't sign this idea?

... if we get as many people as last year... Otherwise it might be too expensive.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

It's only about the money and of course job, like last year preventing me to go.
As it will be during weekend and a long distance from here, it would mean early friday morning departure. Damn it's difficult if you just can't skip at work. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do at the summer but if I can't get anything from the industry I study, then it'll be lawn mowning again, in that case I can handle myself a day off I belive. Heck, I will.

Then again, depends when it's arranged. If there's no work anyway then it's a deal.
vender
Kuski

Post by vender »

mää tuun jos vaan töiltä kerkiin

I'll come if I've got some time
-Abula
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

tuun jos joku autolla lähössä täältä ja nakkaa minut kyytiin ^_^

i'll come if somebody will give me a ride here -Abula
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

jeppe sinä tulet mukaan, muuten tulee liian helppo beerbattle voitto!

Jeppe, you must come with us, otherwise the beer battle victory will be too easy to win -Abula
Juzam
38mins club

Post by Juzam »

Mä voisin ehkä tulla. riippuu tosin ajankohdasta

I might come, maybe. It depends on the date -abula
---Juzam---
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Rules wrote:Not allowed: Other languages than English (except in 'Problems' -forum)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Z-man, always the man recognizing us teh rules. :P
raising your post count, hm? :wink:
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Juzam wrote:Mä voisin ehkä tulla. riippuu tosin ajankohdasta
no jos en saa kesätöitä, sä saat kortin ja auton ni voiaan lähtiä ;) bensat puokkii

well, if i won't get a summer job and you'll get a driving licence and a car we could go ;) petrol costs half and half -Abula
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

paljon vaa porukkaa kasaan ja kaikki halukkaat mukaa, enempi kivempi \o/

let's get bunch of people with and everybody who are just willing. the more, the better -Abula
Juzam
38mins club

Post by Juzam »

Juzam wrote:
Mä voisin ehkä tulla. riippuu tosin ajankohdasta

no jos en saa kesätöitä, sä saat kortin ja auton ni voiaan lähtiä bensat puokkii
Joo, tuo kävis kyl. Vois kyl miettiä. Meen autokouluun täs piakkoin.
Ez kortti kesäks

Yaph, that could work, hm. Soon I'll go to a driving school, ez licence for the summer
---Juzam---
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Bartek was right you know, only English allowed.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

haista sinä mursu paska :S

&@¤#£$#$@? -Abula
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Zworqy was right you know, only English allowed!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

As SveinR told you, only English is allowed in this section. One week ban to Zweq. Back to the subject.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Ooh, nice to see that you can still get banned even if you are the best kuski in the world.
Good to see that we're all equal here. Nicely done Abula *clap clap*
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Don't talk shit chux, we know Abula makes no differences.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

A video of FEM03 1h competition >>
one nagual sorcerer
Kuski

Post by one nagual sorcerer »

heheh! Cool video. Who is the guy behind the camera and where are the subtitles!?! :)))
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

its the mighty px behind the camera
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
XTC
Kuski

Post by XTC »

ill come if i dont have anything better to do
Im just a pretty boy or whatever you call it.
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

i'll come if i can, which doesn't say that i try get vacation for those days, because the few days of holiday i can choose for myself are somewhat limited and i need to save them for later.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I really wanna go. If I just can get Luther/BarTek to come.. I´ll drive there. Just need to check up if our computers fit in Place... and if one of them really will come and so... :****
Elasto Mania - ez better
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

asd

Post by Luther »

I'll come.
Nekit for president
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

fuck you piss off idiot motherfuerk yeah!
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

What´s your problem?
Elasto Mania - ez better
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

9 days remaining.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Take lots of pics :P
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

We could decide who brings what so we won't have 14 ketchup tubs there. But at first, remember those normal stuff: computer (and all extension cords! [jatkojohto]), money, some clothes, sleeping bag, towel, food, drinks... more?

And now: who will bring coffee, diskets, tents, football, football pump, tub (saavi) for bottles, cameras, ketchup, mustard, throwaways plates (kertakäyttölautanen), tables, chairs, fuses (sulake), cd-player?, fridge... more?

mr: write here what you'll bring.
axxu
Moporator

Post by axxu »

I can bring coffee.
.:. TT 37:59:77 | Member of team AC .:.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

I don't have here much, but I bought a nice extension cord of six places or something. I will (at least) bring that.

And of course speakers so we can hear those lovely elma sounds all the time.
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

ill take my 2.1 speakers too so we can listen to finnish eurodance superhits of 90s
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

Hello! I think I'll get me there for at least one day. So if anyone wants a ride to Lammi from helsinki-Espoo-Vantaa- etc areas, and don't have ride or smth, jump in to my car ;X
If someone couldn't come to meeting because it lasts so long, msg here, I might go to Kotka in Saturday so I can have ride back to south on saturday...

- I can bring football and football pump but I'm not staying til Sunday I don't know :( If someone got a frisbee it could be good..or I don't know...
Tisk
Donator duck

Post by Tisk »

Ok, we had some discussion in irc about what kind of rules and system we should use in battles, and here's best that we came up with :P

There will be approx. 11 computers and approx. 16 people. Propably most of the people are gonna want to play battles quite much, and a few people not so much.

Normal battles:

Every player will make a few battle levels for battles (quite short and easy levels, like battle levels always :P) (Abula is required to make one pipe level :]) Before the first battle, a short easy level is going to be made, and every player drives it once through, and the 11 best (lets assume that will be the amount of computers) will be participating in the first battle. In the second battle will be participating people who didn't participate in the first one, and the rest will be decided in mutual understanding or by chance. This system goes on so, that always the 11 players who have played the least battles, will have a priviledge to play in next battle. At any moment if you don't want to play, the next player with least played battles is going to get your place. So that all the computers will be used in every battle. A battle lasts 20min.

Beer battle:

First players will be decided with a short level like in normal battles. After every battle the people who didn't participate in the previous battle, participate in the next and same amount of people who had the worst positions in the previous battle, don't participate in the next battle. Every beer battle lasts 20+5min. 20min to play and 5min to prepare for next event, collect times and check replays and finnish your beer and pick a new beer. So you have 25min for every beer. A proper beer is 33cl and contains at least 4.5% alcohol. For females and gays also cider or long drink is ok, so is 4cl amount of liquor (at least 38% alcohol). Beer battles continue as long as there are enough willing participators.

Points in every battle will be given by positions as follows: 1. position n+1 points, 2. position n-1 points, 3. position n-2 points, last position 1 point. n = the amount of participators. So one bonuspoint for winner will be given: example: with 10 participators, winner gets 11 points, second 9 points, third 8 points, ... , last player 1 points.

After every battle everyone has to report their times to someone who collects times (in normal battles propably me (Tisk)) and also have a replay saved of the ride. Also all replays will be requested.

Beer battle will probaly be held in friday evening as soon as everyone has arrived, around 8pm.

Give feedback :P
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I think Saturday is MUCH better for beerbattle
friday is 1st night and ppl will sit and play all night (I assume) and after beer battle no one (not me anyway) can play. also some may feel sick to saturdays "real" playing... not that it should be too serious.. but still... with beerbattle on saturday we´ll have all friday night +,saturday day... then start beer battle ... and of course beer anytime for thirsty ppl.. but... I really see no advantages with beerbattle friday... sorry =)

Last time me and bart visited luther I so felt like beer so I had 2... and even after just 2 I coudlnt play.... it was so annoyting.. and I coudlnt delete them.. :P

Rest will solve itself I guess... that was my feedback :*
Elasto Mania - ez better
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Beer battle is a good start, at least it was last year. And hey, we have entire Sunday too! To me Saturday morning would be the best choice because on Friday I'll be max tired most likely but the good thing is that I can sleep in cottage before everyone has arrived and we can start. And I don't recommend you to drink more than you have to in beer battle day ;). If the beer battle will be in Saturday people have to be without alcohol the whole Saturday morning and even Friday night (not to get hangover) and that would mean poorer social life in the cottage :].
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I am not sure I agree on poorer social life :wink:
But after I wrote this I learned that we had full sunday to play too, this was accually new to me and very good news, so friday is good, if you feel liek friday I wont argue... that was just my opinion. (before knowing all the facts)
Elasto Mania - ez better
vender
Kuski

Post by vender »

vender wrote:mää tuun jos vaan töiltä kerkiin

I'll come if I've got some time
-Abula
yeha tj 3
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Now it is just few hours til I´ll leave for FEM. Feels more and more in my tummy. :roll:
Elasto Mania - ez better
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

i wanna see pics :S
mcleod
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

Damnz, too bad I couldn't come there, or actually I could have...but I was in a quite bad bango ill for the weekend, couldn't have drunk any beer so I thought I will leave it this year and will hopefully be able to attend some elma meeting in future. Now well, yesh, I agree with Bob, photos of the meet to teh max 10x :)
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

i'd SO have wanted to come, but there's this army thingie that's got me somewhat occupied [saatanan triplagines (fucking three-weekends-in-a-row-stuck-here)]. i swear to god if there is any possible way, i'll come to fem05. please please make it possible *kneels on the floor and begs*

i'd have gone with the gay lonkero drinking ;/
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

It was really really really fun. *tired*
Jonnka
Kuski

Post by Jonnka »

I wanne see max loads with pics!
(\/)
(O.o)
(><)
/_|_\
Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

LaMe
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: Finnish Elma Meeting 2004

Post by Mawane »

5 years ago
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

w/ mawane photoshopped in far right?

bleh it's been so long since i've looked at any photo's, seems i can't put names to faces anymore :(
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Is axxu who you think is Mawa.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

ye, just looks like Mawa.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96