"Telling times" script at IRC

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

KickZ
Kuski

"Telling times" script at IRC

Post by KickZ »

Many kuskis use IRC and many also use the file ElmaIRC.dll for telling their internal times. (/elma 01 /elma 02 etc.)
I was thinking about a script like this, but for external levels! For example, u write /elma mopsi007(.lev if necessary)
and your time for Mopsi007.lev will appear.

What do u guys think about it, should this kinda script be made?
Btw, who made ElmaIRC.dll? Maybe this guy can make this script too... :)

/KickZ
Member of team TAH| TT: 45:15,77
http://www.freewebs.com/kickz_elma
Play teh pipes!
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I think that script bases on stats.txt so it should be possible, you just need to make a new dll file for every lev pak u use
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

Ye, thats the problem :? Anyone got any ideas?

btw, ElmaIRC.dll can be found here: www.freewebs.com/kickz_elma/ElmaIRC.dll
Play teh pipes!
Stini
39mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Stini »

I think partybear made that script (I might be wrong though). I haven't seen him online for a long time and his site doesn't work.
Making such a script for externals is quite hard, because elmascript for internals reads the times from stats.txt. For externals there should be an own txt file, or on the other hand the lev file should be decrypted etc. and not many know how to do that. Sure that is possible, but the question is who has the skills? :P
I don't really miss that kind of script though, but it might be good for those who play more externals than me.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

i've already made that kind script, sort of. Only problem is that I have no idea how the .lev format is made up or how to get times from it, etc. so you need to make a .txt with either levstats or elma1.11/1.2.

If someone here could help me a bit with understanding the .lev format, I could probably make a much better script. Right now it's quite bad, I only tried it for fun for my levpack and such.

Here's the current code, which is so ghetto I'm quite ashamed, for those who either want to improve it or use it. I've put two examples of usage, for ALP and vz levels by dz. In case you're curious. :X
alias gettime {
var %n = $$3
var %x = $$1
var %y = $$2
var %tmp = $read($+(c:\elma\,%x,.txt),w,$+(*level*,%y,*))
var %z = $readn
if (%z) {
var %tmp2 = $read($+(c:\elma\,%x,.txt),w,$+(*,%n,*),%z)
if ($readn) || ($readn < $calc(%z + 1)) {
return %tmp2 %tmp
}
else {
return i sach n00b i nat finish lolz
}
}
else {
return i sach mango i write teh numbar that nat exist
}
}

alias alp {
if ($$1 < 10) {
var %levn = $+(0,$1)
}
else {
var %levn = $1
}
var %time = $left($gettime(alp,$$1,skint0r),8)
var %t1 = $gettok(%time,1,58)
var %t2 = $gettok(%time,2,58)
var %t3 = $gettok(%time,3,58)
if (%t1 = 00) {
var %time = $+(%t2,$chr(44),%t3)
}
else {
var %time = $+(%t1,$chr(58),%t2,$chr(44),%t3)
}
var %levname = $remove($gettok($gettime(alp,$$1,skint0r),6-,32),$chr(58))
say my tiemz for $+(ALP,%levn,) %levname is: %time
}

alias vz {
if ($$1 < 10) {
var %levn = $+(0,$1)
}
else {
var %levn = $1
}
var %time = $left($gettime(vz,$$1,skint0r),8)
var %t1 = $gettok(%time,1,58)
var %t2 = $gettok(%time,2,58)
var %t3 = $gettok(%time,3,58)
if (%t1 = 00) {
var %time = $+(%t2,$chr(44),%t3)
}
else {
var %time = $+(%t1,$chr(58),%t2,$chr(44),%t3)
}
var %levname = $remove($gettok($gettime(vz,$$1,skint0r),7-,32),$chr(58))
say my tiemz for $+(Vic-Z,%levn,) %levname is: %time
}
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
psy
pappamopo

Post by psy »

I guess you could also make it with the help of levstats prog, but it would be quite slow and mongo, something like this:

yuo write: /elma mopsi007

- the script makes backup of levstats.ini
- then it would rewrite levstats.ini with text mopsi007#mopsi007 (levstats sorts the list alphabetically so if theres only this text it would be first on teh list.)
- then run levstats.exe and somehow make it press enter twice and shut the prog.
- return original levstats.ini content
- read the time from levstats.txt (make backups of this too if you whane) and show it in irc.

:D

Of course it could just enter the levname to the custom text box in levstats prog, if someone knows how it would automatically press the radio button and write the text there.

OR

If the levstats guy is still available just ask him how the .lev format works.
sorey, no solutions today
I used to believe in many things, all of it! Now, I believe only in dynamite.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

call 0900 - Csabi
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

psy wrote: If the levstats guy is still available just ask him how the .lev format works.
I guess viper killerguy kinda know how it works ??
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

maybe sectorzero too.
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

psy wrote:I guess you could also make it with the help of levstats prog, but it would be quite slow and mongo, something like this:

yuo write: /elma mopsi007

- the script makes backup of levstats.ini
- then it would rewrite levstats.ini with text mopsi007#mopsi007 (levstats sorts the list alphabetically so if theres only this text it would be first on teh list.)
- then run levstats.exe and somehow make it press enter twice and shut the prog.
- return original levstats.ini content
- read the time from levstats.txt (make backups of this too if you whane) and show it in irc.

:D

Of course it could just enter the levname to the custom text box in levstats prog, if someone knows how it would automatically press the radio button and write the text there.

OR

If the levstats guy is still available just ask him how the .lev format works.
why do it so hard, i mean its not like the elmairc.dll runs elma and closes it and then reads the times from stats.txt, that would take ages

just do a .bat that runs levstats always after closing elma and creates, just like elma writes stats.txt always you quit it.

so all external times would in the certain txt file and the script would pick up the time from there by the level name

though problem is that all hardcore höylers have own elma for almost every contest, but maybe someone could code a bit to make search from multiple text files or would that be too heavy script

this is only how I see it, its not like I know anything about coding :oops:
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
jaytea
37mins club

Re: "Telling times" script at IRC

Post by jaytea »

KickZ wrote:Many kuskis use IRC and many also use the file ElmaIRC.dll for telling their internal times. (/elma 01 /elma 02 etc.)/KickZ
DLLs are made for mirc to perform operations that cannot otherwise be performed through mirc scripting either because the processing would be too time consuming or would require resources unavailable to mirc's access layers. however.. reading from a text file is something which is performed very easily on mirc.. so why would someone make a DLL to read from a text file when that can be done quite easily though basic mirc scripting as skint0r showed?

if the person who made the DLL was the least bit intelligent he would have added routines which would allow you to view the times in the .lev files not just read from a text file. all you need to do is get in contact with the author of the DLL and ask them for a detailed description of its routines.
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

Play teh pipes!