Wich styles you just dont GET?

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

SveinR
Moporator

Re: Wich styles you just dont GET?

Post by SveinR »

BarTek wrote: - Tricks Abound last apple. Many have problems with this so i wonder is there some "quepoints" u can use to take the apple and not die?
Ahh, I thought this was impossible for me, until yesterday. If you look at replays, you'll notice they'll stop using the gas, and then pressing brake, and then gasing again only for the jump. It was actually just as easy as that.
Last edited by SveinR on 20 Aug 2004, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

I have exactly the same problems with Hill Legend and Trix Abound as you, those levs are just gay...

I also once had biig trouble with the trick in Apple Harvest ~20secs into the moposite replay, never made it grrr.

Hi Flyer bounce. doing that really fast is hard for me. how was it again vsync on or off?

Quick Round last brutal"bounce" and uphill omfg i hate that :evil: :evil: this one i really don't get, almost as gay as trix last apple.

Havent really tried that much but haircut start seems pretty damn hard.

and wahtefakc is up with enigmabounce?! that lev is also just stupid.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Re: Wich styles you just dont GET?

Post by 8-ball »

BarTek wrote:Free Fall 12 sec style. When you jump to the triangle are you suppose to gas all way when you touch it or not. I always die with head. Fittstyle if you ask me, whats the thing with this level. I dont orka spela to find out the "aha" thingie on this lev help!
same here :(
39:37,91
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Enigma bounce: Either I don't have enough spped after the killers, or I have to much speed so I die at the killers.

Tricks Abound last apple: Same thing as BarTek

Animal Farm over chicken head: Juble said I should wait a half sec at the apple, before jumping back up, I came closer, but I still can't do it :/
Cloud
38mins club

Post by Cloud »

Hill Legend and Freefall I had to figure out by myself, I asked a few of the guys that had done those tricks but got quite meaningless answers...

When you start to jump off the ____| on Hill Legend you have to press a bit brake there before gas + ->.

On Freefall you gotta tap a bit gas now and then at the triangle, also press gas right after the backwheel of your bike has gone to the otherside of the triangle and starts touching it.

About Tricks Abound, it's not hard at all if you don't have too much speed, as far as I know there isn't any special trick involved. However, when you have much speed it's quite hard, I haven't figured out a way to cope with it. In fact I mostly die there.

Have vsync disabled if you are going for the Hi Flyer bounce.

Enigma bounce is easiest to do when you don't have too little or too much speed there. Also don't press brake too early, let the rear spring get compressed really well.
(*_*) (*_*) (*_~) (~_~) ...zzzZZZzzZZ...
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

fucking freefall :evil:

great topic, btw.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

I once asked Bokhylle about freefall, he said to leave the gas as late as possible, and if you see his rec it's true, the engine is silent for a long time

One style I just don't get is QR first trick, getting the apple and bouncing back. I did it like once. Every rec is different in the way they do it, which I don't like; I can only do stuff where there is a standard, everyone-does-same-move method. At least with the second part I know how I should approach it.

Also Twin Peaks! I have never done the start even once! It is worrying me.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

sierra wrote:Also Twin Peaks! I have never done the start even once! It is worrying me.
When alovolting out from starting balcony dont use full gas, I tested the lev some and I release gas just before the backwheel leave ground. U make 2 alovolts/supervolts (whatevah) and when ur wheel touches that platform (u dont want to land too far to the left on it, therefore not full gas at beginning) u press gas+brake+right. Hopefully your frontwheel will get a good angle (slightly just under the startingbalcony), now release brake and squeeze yourself down under the startingbalcony turning your head away from it.

Here's a rec of the trick
check that rec and read step by step what I wrote and hopefully u'll do it in no time ;)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

you can do ff also if you gas all way down
the later you start to gas the better time
anyway it's ez also on win xp

i can't help with hill legend, made it 3 times i think

in trix i don't see any troubles...it's i would say ez
[carebox]
JeMsTaR
Kuski

Post by JeMsTaR »

srry guys but wat is a vsync? and how do i get it... so srry guys too n00b eh?
Team [NK]

Achievements:
TT now: 47:47
-=*First TT50+ to land lab pro bounce :D*=-
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

The thing i don't get is Freefall ;

I succeed pretty often to jump to the right triangle but, even if copy PRO recs, my head hits the side of the triangle...

Frustrating :x
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The_BoneLESS wrote:The thing i don't get is Freefall ;

I succeed pretty often to jump to the right triangle but, even if copy PRO recs, my head hits the side of the triangle...

Frustrating :x
probably just wrong timing when pressing left
xp
37mins club

Post by xp »

Whats the secret with flat track :?: :oops: :cry:
TT: 37:46,xx
AVG TT: 38:42,xx
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

xp wrote:Whats the secret with flat track :?: :oops: :cry:
yeah tell me too, the start is something weird :cry:
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Karlis wrote:
xp wrote:Whats the secret with flat track :?: :oops: :cry:
yeah tell me too, the start is something weird :cry:
ye I have max problem with that too :(
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

I really hope gas+brake+left isnt necessary when pushing away cuz I cant press that, ez only gas+brake+right possible here :S
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

what do u think I do already? ;X must be something else like wrong timing when pushing away, more speed or just do some bangotrick while landing, I think the landing is my real problem, cant get speed enough to do longjump from there
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

uphill battle, how the f*ck do you do that? :roll:
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Agh! Uphill Balle...I did it once and got abotu 0.05 away from ElmaTimes 'good' ranking. I need to do it again but I cant
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
pedro
Kuski

Post by pedro »

how the hell do you do steppes prostyle? i always have a problem trying to get that jump over the pole place right. is there a special something i have to do there?
TT=44:59:63
proud member of team [MK]

Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

enduro - i have trouble getting to that platform in the middle of the cricly part.
hi
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

asd

Post by Luther »

release gas OR touch brake
Nekit for president
Luther
37mins club

asd

Post by Luther »

release gas OR touch brake
Nekit for president
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

I start getting the Flat Track-style now, made some 15.xx yesterday and think I will play some more today.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I just don´t get how ppl can waste so much time trying to get a style.
ppl should focus more on love
Elasto Mania - ez better
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

then what if someone loves a style
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

:PP....can´t take that apple on the upper right in tricks abound, how do you do it??
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
Ramzi
37mins club

Post by Ramzi »

i cant do bounce at LaBpro
Help me plz. ;]
TT: 37.5x.xx|||| TeaM : [GF]
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

BarTek wrote:thats why ppl like ramone dont know how to bounce 8O
quite strange since it works pretty much the same at enigma where ramone has quite decent time
Stini
39mins club

Post by Stini »

John wrote:
BarTek wrote:thats why ppl like ramone dont know how to bounce 8O
quite strange since it works pretty much the same at enigma where ramone has quite decent time
I have problems with it too (and I know how to play Enigma :wink:)...the direction of the bounce is just too random.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

trick with labby pro bounce I noticed is that you dotn have bike same angle as when you bounce in normal places (enigma/serp/zz/ALL LEVELS)... cause then you dont get a bounce, that was my problem.. in normal levels you kinda aim with frontwheel... and can control angle like you want... in labby pro you must get frontwheel much more to the left than you think... so it feels as if you would try to bounce left into the wall... it´s werid. it works.
Elasto Mania - ez better
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I got another one!

How do you get the flower the quick way on Fruit In The Den? I see all the rec of people just 'doing it' but it never works for me...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Fruit ending was luck for me, although i hear there is a slightly slower way to do it that works more often

basically i just slow down ever so slightly, so as to give a bit of spring to the suspension, then jump up, give a little gas but don't gas the whole way (or else you spin too much), and volt when you're right under the flower, it has to be so that you think you missed it
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Fruit end is simple, when you jump towards the flower, let gas go, then swing to touch the flower. Otherwise "normally" we tend to keep gas on when we jump there and the bike turns too much making us to miss the flower.

I explained this better on the other topic, can't remember where it was..
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Precarious bounce over killer

I can't bounce long enough... ?

It's not even possible to get over the killer if u put a wheel on top of the pole and drive on it.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

BarTek wrote:I mean try to get the force of the wheel centered in the < corner of the polygon, not over or under. Just feel damnit!!1
that is what makes style hard
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Bartek, John. What fucking level are you talking about. I am totally lost... don´t get it.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Epsilon
Kuski

Post by Epsilon »

i don't get twin peaks wr style!
Epsilon | TT : 45:42,82 | Elma Around the World | Smile levpack
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Internal 25. Precarious :wink:
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

yes precarious is annoying
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Epsilon wrote:i don't get twin peaks wr style!
check my tips somewhere up there^
think it helped some ppl already :)
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I just don´t get endbounce in zz. It is fun, but so fucking stupid!
Elasto Mania - ez better
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

ramone wrote:I just don´t get endbounce in zz. It is fun, but so fucking stupid!
yeah right ;X bet u do it every time u get that far ;|
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I dont. I played some zz last days and I´ve gotten there fast enough for 1:00:xx maybe 20 times. no finishes. and 2 times I made 59 rides and no finsishes. I just cant do it anymore. Not too often anyway. sucks...
Elasto Mania - ez better
Snipey
Kuski

Post by Snipey »

Hmm what style do i not get... basically every levels record styles. :x
Ive been goin through every internal trying to mimick something close to the world records to cut my TT as much as possible. I know its probly a joke to most of you but im just hoping i can get it under an hour.
Right now i got past most of the levels improving my time a good amount overall but theres still the levels like enigma and zigzag where i feel ill never get the tricks down.
Im up to bowling now and with only 1 time through the pipe after probably over 100 tries, im starting to get a lil frustrated. If anyone can come up with a universal tip for people that arent as amazing as the rest, thatd be awesome.

Heh you guys are awesome.

Envious 'kuski'
Snipey
Snipey
Kuski

Post by Snipey »

Thanks for the advice, my roomate and i practiced hooked for days straight. my best legit score being low 20's with my glitched being 13:06 :lol:
funny, soon as i read this i went and tried hangman and improved over 5 seconds first try. sadly i only improved it to 28's
seems the hardest thing to learn, harder than most shortcuts, is learning to be smooth. after watching all the WR replays, there is no slower moment.
i wish you woulda mentioned tag in your list, because after hours of practice i got the level down to an art, everything except taking the momentum from the back tire stick and getting the flower in one move.

i also have a level that a friend made that i think would be a great level to see what kind of times people could get on it. to me its a semi-tough level and as always the lower the time the harder it gets. for some reason geocities wont let me upload the level there so maybe there is another way to go about getting the level /rec to everyone.

Thanks in advance. and thank again bartek for your suggestions. will do :-D

oh yeah one more thing....on your bowling suggestion, do you mean go through it backwards and try coming through that pinched hole about the pipe, or do you mean go through normal and try to get through that hole?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Using the hole above the pipe in bowling is not nesesary faster than normal way.

Snipey you can upload it on www.mxb.dk/upload.php or http://vk0.dk/ratemylev.php

And to see in which levels you should be able to improve you can compare you stats with someone else with a little better tt than you, on http://vk0.dk/elmatimes.php or http://stats.elastomania.ru/
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Snipey, it's almost pointless trying to copy the Professional replays on most levels. For example, watching some 3x,xx in Quick Round won't help you at all, neither will 19,xx in Enigma. You need to find intermediate, decent recs that use easier styles. Probably the best resource for these kind of recs is Moposite's Old WR Replay section, but also http://vk.mine.nu/ratemyrec.php has many. I mean, you'd probably never figure out the 2-round style in AH on your own, so go and see the rec. Same with levs like Jaws, there is an easy 1:15 style that you could never possibly imagine from watching 37mopo.rec
nony
Kuski

Post by nony »

hi guys.
i've been playin elma for 3 yrs, but i only have my own computer for about 6 months. i've always been watching ur replays and so on and so on. now i got to 50.xx on my TT (i know it's still poor so don't laugh :roll: ).
but, my biggest problem is that i cannot do the "supervolt" (i hope that's what u call when pressing left and right at the same time) out of a sudden. i have to press first left (or right), the biker moves, and then the other direction so that he will do it. i tried when starting a level to press both left and right at the same time without pressing anything alse. it still diesn't work!!! 8O :x :roll: :cry: and while i am doing the supervolt i also cannot press the brake or the gas.
i know it is stupid, but please please pretty please tell me, is it my keyboard who's at fault, or just my poor knowledge on this game?
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Its called a supervolt what ur doing, ur trying to do an alovolt(alone supervolt) and thats very different depending on keyboard, and ur keyboard, like mine, is maxed at 3 keys at a time thats why u cant do it.
Download 1.2 then u can have alo key(presses right and left for you)
and then you will be able to gas and brake while ur alovolting.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?