death

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

there is no spoon...
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

sierra wrote:
academic philosophy is interesting but so deep into its own traps it seems very unlikely to me they will ever dive deep into the mysteries of reality.
right. and being unashamedly illogical will?
the point isnt to go against logics, but to find a better way to do it. and no one is logical anyway.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

well, you are going back to the topic really.. starting from your 3rd paragraph :)

The discussion further in the thread (posts by sierra,ribot,me,ramo and prolly someone else too) was more about existence and some bingo and not about the actual moment of death that you described there nicely. Good points there, I will have to think over and maybe reply if I have something to say to it.

But qwhat quickly jumped in mind when I read your thing about the pain is that the sense nerves reacts in your brain-system and when you die your brain dies out so at least after you are dead, you don't feel that human pain at least after the human life

hmm well actually death is defined as "end of life" and if the mind survives from the "human life" then the whole life aind done yed and the actual death haven't happened yet, so in that sense, we weren't so much off-topic.[/u]
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i doesnt care if it is off topic anyway. this topic was quite good philosophically, and even if no one care to read my post just yet, it is some good philosophizing for myself, even that it wasnt anything new.

i actually wrote the topic because of my own experience of death. i dont tell my own thoughts or reflections about it, because it would only become ridiculated here.

i think of my own death every day, analyze it, feel it, and so on, in one way or anothe.r
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I never had an almost-death experience, luckily.
I've had those dangerous situations though, where you realise that you could've been dead like 5 seconds after, that is such weird.

But luckily haven't had nay traumatic events in my life, and I feel sorry for those who have.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I wish I knew what happend when you died, too bad that people who have already died cant come back and tell us what happend!
TT ~ 50:42
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I just hope there won't be any god that tells me that I had the chance to get to heaven, when I just had lived a life according to bible, with praying and stuff, and instead being send to hell then.

That would be a sick nightmare..
Pertti
Kuski

Post by Pertti »

it was very long time ago, I was 9 or 8 years old I think, playing in the forest, with my friends. then some man yelled "boys, leave this place immediately!" and we did, we were scared as hell. we had no clue what was that but the man had an uniform, so it was real thing, you know.

one hour later we met the same guy, and he told that there was a moose in that forest, running wild. there was about 10 meters between us and the moose, I dont know why we didnt see the moose, but anyway it was close to death I guess.

when the moose was shot, it was brought near the house of my friend. sweet jesus it was big. three shots to head with that big rifle... and all shots in very specific places.

I hope you got it, my english sucks so it can be very tough to read it.
http://www.petitiononline.com/0815/petition.html
In the name of our ancestors, sign it damnit!
Or do you want to let teh untermensch rule our life?