Vsync internal level list

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

Vsync internal level list

Post by Zweq »

Ok this is what you've been waiting for, a complete vsync on/off list of all internal levs. If you dont know whats vsync, thats not my problem.

Please, do notice that this list is based on my own experiences, testing and things I have heard from other people. I also tend to give some special tips for each lev. If somebody writes article about this feel free to paste things from this post... Also feel free to share your opinions if you think some lev is definetly wrong, since I cant know 100% all the benefits with all different comps.

1.Warm up OFF
- According to own testing and what Karlis have said, this is definetly an vsync off lev, and the higher fps the better. The turning is very hard with vsync on, no grip
2. Flat track ON/OFF
- Personally i made 15.43 with vsync off and it was somewhat hard. I havent tested with vsync on, but Ive noticed that short 'jump' levs, such as steppes and freefall, are better with vsync on. So I recommend vsync on though i think its kinda on/off lev
3. Twin Peaks ON/OFF
- Kinda same like with flat track, on/off lev
4. Over & under ON/OFF
- Damn, Im starting to feel im repeating here, havent played with on so id go for on/off
5. Uphill battle OFF
- Not much else to say, simply off works with all styles, old and current, much better than on
6. Long haul ON
- Ok, first on lev. I bet some of you disagree with this, but since I made wr much more easily with on... :wink:
7. Hi-flyer OFF
- No doubt, bounce lev so off
8. Tag OFF
- Havent tested with on but I bet with off there's much better grip in the end. And again I gotta say that I choose this setting because I got wr so easily
9. Tunnel terror OFF
- Havent tested with on, but doubt it would be any good since the lev has bounce / hang part(s)
10. The steppes ON
- I made my best time with off, but I really would go for on
11. Gravity ride OFF
- Id go for off without further explaining
12. Islands in the sky OFF
- Another bounce, another off
13. Hill legend OFF?
- Ok, this is an interesting lev. With off the first turning is very easy (and I dont know if its doable with on at all), but then the fast spinning in the end is very hard. With on im not sure about first turning but the spinning is radically easier, I mean its EZ. Anyway Id go for off because sometimes you get so god damn good start speed that you simply cant f*** up the spinning.
14. Loop de loop ON/OFF?
- Always used off so thats maybe why I have always had sucky time on it. Dont know does it matter do you have 18.0x or 17.9x though, choose yourself. (Id go for on if I started hoyling it now :wink:)
15. Serpents tale OFF
- I think that any style on this level is much better with vsync off and especially when we are talking about the wr style...
16. New wave OFF (maybe on)
- I love this level with vsync off, so smoooooth and ez until I get to the hanging part, where luther still wins me over 0,50-1.00, and I think luther made it with on.
17. Labyrinth OFF
18. Spiral OFF (ON?)
- I did my best time with off. Dont know much about this lev
19. Turnaround ON/OFF
20. Upside down OFF
- The hang...
21. Hangman ON/OFF- I think on is better in this because its a short lev. Though I made my best time with off...
22. Slalom OFF
- Havent tested on, but this is just an off type lev
23. Quick round OFF
24. Ramp frenzy ON/OFF
- Start is MUCH easier with on, but like said, vsync off has better playability, better grip etc...
25. Precarious ON/OFF
26. Circuitous OFF
27. Shelf life OFF (if u cant enter hole change to on)
- Very problematic lev, let the title speak for itself
28 Bounce back OFF
- And again Id go for off, just for the playability
29. Headbanger ON
- surprised? hehe, finally a lev I have tested much with both settings and on is much better
30. Pipe OFF
31. Animal farm ON
- Definetly on if you are going for the 'bird bounce' (at start the strange wheel hooked bug)
32. Steep corner OFF(ON?)
33. Zig zag OFF
34. Bumpy journey secret =D
35. Labyrinth pro ON/OFF
- I go for off, luther goes for on. You decide which is better, 2:19 or 2:18
36. Fruit in the den OFF
37. Jaws OFF
38. Curvaceous ON
- Always played with off, but when I tested some with on it feels much easier
39. Haircut OFF
- Just try wr style with on and you'llunderstand why off
40. Double trouble OFF
41. Framework OFF
42. Enduro OFF
43. He He!:D OFF
- He He
44. Freefall ON
45. Sink ON
46. Bowling OFF
47. Enigma OFF
48. Downhill ON
49. What the heck OFF
50. Expert System OFF
51. Tricks abound OFF
52. Hang tight OFF
53. Hooked ON (off?)
- I use off, but I think on is better with this lev, just like with all the short ones
54. Apple harvest OFF

Sorry that some levs doesnt have any details why, but had to hurry a bit until the end :wink:

Like you probably have noticed, I generally support vsync off, but in general it doesnt matter _that_ much with what setting you play. Just remember to use off with bounce levs. ALSO NOTICE that the difference is very slight in most of levs and is only noticed after much hoyling
Last edited by Zweq on 2 Dec 2004, 12:19, edited 2 times in total.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

cool stuff zweq!!! hail \o/
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

zweq wrote:
ALSO NOTICE that the difference is very slight in most of levs and is only noticed after much hoyling

well.. I think difference is VERY big.
I use OFF for all levels always (except shelf life due to shortcut, though for other parts off is better there too)

On is just unplayable. (Ask Luther about my comouters on setting :wink: )
Elasto Mania - ez better
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

is it zweq reveal wr secretz ;X
dunedan
Kuski

Post by dunedan »

Thanks Zweq
Last edited by dunedan on 2 Dec 2004, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

dunedan wrote:How du you turn it on/off?
Please let's not flood this nice topic with these sort of posts, ask in #across or something
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

sierra wrote:
Please let's not flood this nice topic with these sort of posts, ask in #across or something
or even better, creat a thread here or find on, that way people dont have to ask all the time ö
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I have quite different than zweq, for example I would play upside with on and also islands on, steppes off, haircut either is about same etc. My comp is simply strange :P
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

Ky.Jelly wrote:
sierra wrote:
or even better, creat a thread here or find on, that way people dont have to ask all the time ö
there is already a topic in problems about this....

anyway zweq, thanks heaps 8)
hi
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i play elma on two comps with win98 and win xp
i can write what where if anyone cares
i cant switch vsync anywhere...
[carebox]
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

omg zweq u rock, one of those tips in particular is gonna help me out big time, soon...
Tantal
Kuski

Post by Tantal »

I really think this topic should have some explanation of what vsync really is. I saw some great article that explained it earlier, but I couldn't find it now. This one explains it in an ok way:http://www.d-silence.com/feature.php?id=255

Some general observations on how vsync affects elma based on my own and a few others experiences:
Like Zweq says bounce levels are usually better with vsync off because you get faster bounces. If you don't want to be bouncing all over the place in some level you should probably leave it on.
With vsync off it's almost like the gravity or mass of the bike is greater. The bike seems to be pulled more to the ground. This means you get better grip, but not when the vertex is above the wheel. If you want better grip when the polygon is above the wheel you should leave vsync on. With vsync on you seem to be sliding more over the surfaces.
Usually you want better grip when the polygon is below you (=vsync off), but an exception is Long Haul as an example. When attempting the hang underneath the polygon in the end you'll notice that the wheel won't slip that easily with vsync on.

My experience on Over and Under is that vsync off will save a few hundreds in a couple of places so I use vsync off. It might be easier to get a good time with vsync on though, because the start is probably slightly easier to do pretty fast (but not as fast as you can do with vsync off.) I remember when I first turned vsync off I couldn't do the start at first and the picture seemed to be moving in a wavy motion, but you get used to it
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

thanks zweq
watching replays is better with vsync on btw, as with off, depending on the computer, you cant esc from the replay straight away and you cant use arrow keys to speed up or slow down the replay immediately
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

milagros could explain why vsync makes a difference too.

personally i believe in ramone's style, and that is that it depends completely on your own style of playing whether you use vsync or not. vsync affects every keypress, and you can make different styles for each level with or without it. but this is just my theory. and in some levels it can be crucial to have vsync or not, if some move with vsync is crucial.

zqew
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

psteve wrote:thanks zweq
watching replays is better with vsync on btw, as with off, depending on the computer, you cant esc from the replay straight away and you cant use arrow keys to speed up or slow down the replay immediately
Thanks for that or i would never have figured out why the slow down button paused the replay :P
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ribot wrote:milagros could explain why vsync makes a difference too.
i think i know
the reason MUST be same as changing win xp <-> win 98
but since i can't test it i won't write anything
[carebox]
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

So by playing Elma on Windows 98 is exactly like playing Elma on XP with vsync off?

because if so, I can get my wheel through that shelf life hole :lol:
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

elma seems to be different on every computer.
-
-
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

milagros wrote:
ribot wrote:milagros could explain why vsync makes a difference too.
i think i know
the reason MUST be same as changing win xp <-> win 98
but since i can't test it i won't write anything

why cant you test?
and Mila, not at all the same. I have Win98 SE and WinXP on my computer, I installed XP only cause I thought it would help me in a certain level. And XP is not at all as 98 with disabled Vsync, no matter if vsync is enabled or disabled. Not at all.

So Mila, test it.
Elasto Mania - ez better
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

My opinion

Post by Luther »

Some of Zweq's choices for ON/OFF upset me, so I figured I'd just write my own experiences:

<b>1.Warm up OFF</b>
- Definitely OFF
<b>2. Flat track ON </b>
- Zweq thinks it's an ON/OFF lev, but imo OFF is just a waste of time
<b>3. Twin Peaks ON/OFF </b>
- It's strange, I can't seem to understand what's best: OFF or ON, at the same time I like it better with OFF.
<b>4. Over & under ON/OFF </b>
- OFF is max to have on the Over-part of the lev, whereas ON is max better to have on the Uder-part
<b>5. Uphill battle OFF </b>
- The brutal is depending on OFF.
<b>6. Long haul ON/OFF</b>
- My best time is with ON, but the end is alot easier with OFF
<b>7. Hi-flyer OFF </b>
- Better bounce with OFF (my best time is with ON, 34.55)
<b>8. Tag OFF </b>
- OFF if you want to perfect the end, if you're playing for the old end style, ON will give you a smoother turn though.
<b>9. Tunnel terror ON</b>
Zweq says he uses OFF, but with the style I am using, the end gets easier with ON (My best 58.73 is with ON).
<b>10. The steppes ON </b>
- Better speed with ON (My best with ON)
<b>11. Gravity ride OFF </b>
- Just because of the grip you need (My best with OFF)
<b>12. Islands in the sky OFF </b>
- OFF if you're aiming for the new bounce style, otherwise ON/OFF is as good (My best 21.63 with OFF)
<b>13. Hill legend ON/OFF </b>
- OFF for max turning, but I would so much like to have ON in the end (my best sucky time is with ON)
<b>14. Loop de loop OFF</b>
- New middle style so much easier with OFF (my best time with ON)
<b>15. Serpents tale OFF </b>
- The Zweq/t0r two-bounce style is impossible with ON, otherwise both ON and OFF works as fine
<b>16. New wave ON/OFF </b>
- Easier with ON, but some of the tricks is better done with OFF (my best time 1.27.98 is with ON)
<b>17. Labyrinth ON/OFF</b>
- Many people would disagree with me, because when they think of Labyrinth they think of the end bounce (which is possible with ON as well, but harder), my best time 56.56 is with ON, and that's because you have better control with ON.
<b>18. Spiral OFF </b>
- Definitely OFF, wrong kind of grip when playing with ON (my best time 45.21 is with OFF)
<b>19. Turnaround OFF </b>
- The jump in the start is just fucking insane with ON, and the end bounce on the wall tend to get worse with on
<b>20. Upside down ON/OFF </b>
- Zweq said: "The hang....", my best time WITH HANG 1.01.87 is with ON. Better control with ON.
<b>21. Hangman OFF</b>
- Zweq said "I think on is better in this because its a short lev". My experience is that you need the grip OFF provides in order to have as good control as possible on this lev.
<b>22. Slalom ON/OFF </b>
- ON is as good as OFF until the very last bounce. Better control with ON - my best time is with ON.
<b>23. Quick round ON/OFF </b>
My best time is with ON, and I even think first bounce is easier with ON, but the last brutal bounce I reckon is easier with OFF. Well, even though I play it with ON, I recommend you to use OFF.
<b>24. Ramp frenzy ON/OFF </b>
- ON is probably better on this lev (my best is with ON), still I suspect most people play this level with OFF.
<b>25. Precarious ON/OFF </b>
- I honestly don't know, maybe one of the few levels where it doesn't matter.
<b>26. Circuitous ON/OFF </b>
My best time 23.70 is played with ON. If you aim for an insane bounce, use OFF, but as I said, if you want controlled grip and an easier end - use ON. (Bounce is different with ON, but still doable)
<b>27. Shelf life ON/OFF </b>
- I would DIE to be able to get through hole with OFF on this level (touched flower at 35.20). Though my best time is with ON.
<b>28 Bounce back ON/OFF </b>
- In contradiction to Zweq, my best time is with ON, just because of the increased bike control (at the end part)
<b>29. Headbanger ON/OFF </b>
- Pipe is easily better played with ON, but the rest of the level I'd want to have OFF, my best time 45.68 is with ON.
<b>30. Pipe ON/OFF</b>
- 99% of you should probably use OFF, but I just can't. My 33.57 old style, is played with ON.
<b>31. Animal farm ON </b>
- Agree with zweq, though I'd like to have OFF for the last part.
<b>32. Steep corner ON/OFF</b>
- OFF just because of the bounce turning. Otherwise better control with ON, my best time is with OFF
<b>33. Zig zag OFF</b>
- The most important level to disable vsync on.
<b>34. Bumpy journey ON/OFF</b>
The very start is easier with OFF actually, but it seems like the behaviour of the bike while wheel compressing throughout this level is better when having ON.
<b>35. Labyrinth pro ON/OFF </b>
- Zweq wrote: "I go for off, luther goes for on. You decide which is better, 2:19 or 2:18". ON gives you a bounce that is easier to control (and not as random bounce), but if you aim for some max awkward zweq styles: then use OFF. I use ON.
<b>36. Fruit in the den ON/OFF </b>
I use ON, I find it irrelevant whether or not you drive with ON or OFF in this level.
<b>37. Jaws OFF</b>
-The new style with the bounce is so much easier with OFF, and the hang part with the old style is also easier with OFF (for the grip).
<b>38. Curvaceous OFF </b>
- I disagree with Zweq, this level is never good with ON (because of the grip).
<b>39. Haircut OFF </b>
- Yes it is easier with OFF - note, my 41.44 is driven with ON ;)
<b>40. Double trouble ON/OF</b>F
- Doesn't really matter, unless you're aiming for the WR-style, then use OFF.
<b>41. Framework OFF </b>
- Definitely OFF
<b>42. Enduro ON/OFF</b>
- The t0r end is easier with ON, and I don't think the rest of the level is as much easier with OFF either. I play with ON, most players surely with OFF. You decide for yourselves.
<b>43. He He! OFF </b>
- SAX first bounce with ON. Though my time (58.74) is driven with ON.
<b>44. Freefall OFF</b>
- OMG, Zweq said ON here. I don't know, but I never managed until I disabled...
<b>45. Sink ON/OFF</b>
- It depends, but I can't really say much about this level, because I haven't played it enough
<b>46. Bowling ON</b>
- WAY more controlled last bounce with ON, and the pipe is easier with ON as well (If you drive the WR-style). Zweq said OFF here, and I don't know why. The bike is too "soft" with OFF here.
<b>47. Enigma OFF </b>
- Indeed OFF, but the turning part is as good done with ON.
<b>48. Downhill ON(OFF)</b>
- ON for me, but some people get to bad grip when using ON (ramone), so for some people OFF might be the only option.
<b>49. What the heck OFF </b>
- I play with OFF, ON seems bad at the last bounce part (and with some secret new styles the level gets impossible with ON).
<b>50. Expert System OFF </b>
- Control, grip, brakes... OFF totally.
<b>51. Tricks abound OFF </b>
- Same as with Expert system, though I play with ON (as usual)
<b>52. Hang tight ON/OFF </b>
- Personally I get max end bounces with ON, but I suppose OFF is best. My time is driven with OFF.
<b>53. Hooked ???????????</b>
- When I tried this level I changed every 5th minute - I have NO idea what's best.
<b>54. Apple harvest ON/OFF </b>
- I played my 1.34.28 with ON, though I don't know if anyone else under 1.40 played with ON. It's probably just a matter of what you're used to, but you certainly don't "need" to switch to OFF in order to drive a good AH-time.

Those were my experiences.
/Luth
Nekit for president
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Damn, this really is interesting and might be just the motivation boost many people might feel great, including me. It's interesting to try out some levels you've been playing lately, but now with the other vsync setting. More experienced opinions are welcome, and thanks for Zweq and Luther for their opinions, highly appreciated!
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Agree with dz :)

This motivated me to play some Uphill Battle, and I did the bounce :D
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Quinn
37mins club

Re: My opinion

Post by Quinn »

Luther wrote:

<b>54. Apple harvest ON/OFF </b>
- I played my 1.34.28 with ON, though I don't know if anyone else under 1.40 played with ON. It's probably just a matter of what you're used to, but you certainly don't "need" to switch to OFF in order to drive a good AH-time.
AH max ez with ON too (in my comp atleast).
Last edited by Quinn on 8 Dec 2004, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
TT=37.56.09 /Average TT=39.05.16 / Höylä Mission TT: 11.14.13/ X-Double Trouble WR/
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

so does t0r change vsync settings?
-
-
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

win 98/xp list
it looks like win98=vsync on and xp=vsync off, dunno

1. 98/xp
2. xp
3. 98/xp
4. 98/xp
5. xp
6. 98
7. xp
8. 98
9. 98/xp
10. 98
11. 98/xp
12. xp
13. xp
14. 98/xp
15. xp
16. 98/xp
17. 98/xp
18. 98/xp
19. 98
20. 98/xp
21. 98/xp
22. 98/xp
23. xp
24. xp
25. 98
26. 98/xp
27. 98/xp
28. 98/xp
29. 98/xp
30. 98/xp
31. 98
32. 98/xp
33. 98
34. 98
35. xp
36. 98/xp
37. 98/xp
38. xp
39. 98
40. 98/xp
41. 98/xp
42. 98/xp
43. 98/xp
44. 98
45. 98
46. 98/xp
47. xp
48. 98
49. xp
50. 98/xp
51. 98/xp
52. 98
53. 98/xp
54. 98
[carebox]
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i don't think it really matters for freefall, for sure it's possible with both
dz
first 39tt

Re: My opinion

Post by dz »

Zweq wrote: 26. Circuitous OFF
Luther wrote: <b>26. Circuitous ON/OFF </b>
My best time 23.70 is played with ON. If you aim for an insane bounce, use OFF, but as I said, if you want controlled grip and an easier end - use ON. (Bounce is different with ON, but still doable)
I haven't played with ON for a while now since I got worse bounces with it. I mean, I can bounce well but they are not going in the right direction so easily than with vsync OFF. I'm not 100% sure of this either since it just might be that I've learned to bounce well with OFF. Anyhow, I've just played with OFF recently and bounces and "the" hang are quite easy.

I heard Jalli has done it really really well with both ON and OFF.
Just try by yourself and experience which you find better.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i must say Flat Track is for sure an ON lev... spins are much faster this way
Karesz
39mins club

Post by Karesz »

sierra wrote:i must say Flat Track is for sure an ON lev... spins are much faster this way
My Flat Track best time (15:30) is played with OFF... :wink:
TT: 39:40,47 | OLP: 26:23:34 | LI: 49:34:39
Team LOS Member
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Karesz wrote:
sierra wrote:i must say Flat Track is for sure an ON lev... spins are much faster this way
My Flat Track best time (15:30) is played with OFF... :wink:
infected did 15,20 with on :wink: :wink:
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

02. Flat Track

I don't know if it was because of what Luther said about OFF being waste of time, but I tried with OFF for some time and didn't like it at all. There is pretty much two tricks, the long jump being the main thing, and the fall+getting speed for the second jump. I don't know about the last one but it really felt more difficult to do the first jump with volts with OFF.

But I didn't test it that much.

Personal best: 15,47 with ON.

03. Twin Peaks

I personally haven't even tried with OFF, but as I played with ON I got so far 18,01 and I know I could take at least 0.1s off with a good run. I really doubt it's easier with OFF but you never know. Maybe I'll try it out.

Edit: Well I got 18,02 twice with OFF.

Many things feel different ON and OFF.

My opinions:
-With OFF the start is more difficult.
-The first jump which requires good timing with the roof feels MUCH easier with OFF.
-The last jump "head-close-killer" feels easier with OFF.

To my suprise, I felt the playing were more sloppy with OFF (as usualy with OFF), but I still felt like I could get better times more frequently.

As Luther said, it's hard to say which one is better, but I would slightly fall for OFF.

Personal best: 18,01 with ON, 18,02 with OFF.

26. Circuitous

I haven't played with ON for a while now since I got worse bounces with it. I mean, I can bounce well but they are not going in the right direction so easily than with vsync OFF. I'm not 100% sure of this either since it just might be that I've learned to bounce well with OFF. Anyhow, I've just played with OFF recently and bounces and "the" hang are quite easy.

I heard Jalli has done it really really well with both ON and OFF.
Just try by yourself and experience which you find better.

Personal best: 22,97 with OFF.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

whoa just got new computer and i'm testing all the tricks i havent been able to do with the old comp. stuff i have tested so far are vsync off tricks. uphill battle, hi flyer and haircut start which were imposible before are now easy (i have tried hi flyer for several hours and almost the same with haircut, and with this comp i did them first try... what a waste of time earlier). i have also done qr "new" style which was posible on my old comp (i did it in a training lev) but was a lot easier on the new one. so now left to try is enigma bounce and tricks abound and maybe something else?!
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

I always play with OFF. I like it, and don't want to change it.. =)
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

J-sim wrote:whoa just got new computer and i'm testing all the tricks i havent been able to do with the old comp. stuff i have tested so far are vsync off tricks. uphill battle, hi flyer and haircut start which were imposible before are now easy (i have tried hi flyer for several hours and almost the same with haircut, and with this comp i did them first try... what a waste of time earlier). i have also done qr "new" style which was posible on my old comp (i did it in a training lev) but was a lot easier on the new one. so now left to try is enigma bounce and tricks abound and maybe something else?!
tricks abound? what does vsync do here?

btw i know uphill and hi flyer at least are both possible with ON. haircut not tested

but grats for teh QR :x
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

I have no idea if tricks abound has anything to do with vsync. I'm just testing all the things i couldn't do on my old comp. And both uphill and hi flyer were for sure not posible either with vsync off or on. When i get home i'll try uphill and hi flyer on new comp with on. I just posted in this topic to also highlight that besides the vsync off/on factor it has A LOT to do with your comp in general if something is doable or not, vsync doesn't work miracles on bögcomps...
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

J-sim wrote:I have no idea if tricks abound has anything to do with vsync. I'm just testing all the things i couldn't do on my old comp. And both uphill and hi flyer were for sure not posible either with vsync off or on. When i get home i'll try uphill and hi flyer on new comp with on. I just posted in this topic to also highlight that besides the vsync off/on factor it has A LOT to do with your comp in general if something is doable or not, vsync doesn't work miracles on bögcomps...
SO unfair... what comp have you bought, gotta get one like it..
Proud Member Of RDK
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

22.5x circ done with both vsync on and off ;)
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

i didn't try with off but freefall seemed really easy with vsync on, i wonder what luther is talking about :P
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

i find ff easier with it off
ollie
Kuski

Post by ollie »

so, are these choices still used today?
TT: 43:5x,xx || Targets:1 World Class, 1 Pro, 27 Good, 25 OK || Team CG: 38:4x || Cruising 'til the end of time...
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

doesn't matter to me, I always have it on, no matter the lev.

but anyways, I can't seem to get under 22 in uphill with vsync on (prolly cause I'm so lazy)
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

A.K.B. wrote:doesn't matter to me, I always have it on, no matter the lev.

but anyways, I can't seem to get under 22 in uphill with vsync on (prolly cause I'm so lazy)
no it's because that practically is million times harder to pull off that brutal with vsync on. also some tricks like hi flyer bounce are actually impossible with vsync on.
39:37,91
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

heh, no wonder they were the last few levs i got better :D
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

no wonder all my bounce levs times sux :?
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

i have always on (can set off, but it is nat working)...

in teh past = impsy hifly bounce, but todayz i sometimes do teh. so nat that impsy...and i do brutal in uphill quite often, but hard...

one day i will turn teh shit off and do teh ez wrs
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

bullshit
39:37,91
ollie
Kuski

Post by ollie »

so akb u did ur lp bounce with vsync on?
TT: 43:5x,xx || Targets:1 World Class, 1 Pro, 27 Good, 25 OK || Team CG: 38:4x || Cruising 'til the end of time...
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

hes got no computer, but generally speaking, he said ALL levels with on
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Labyrinth pro bounce is very doable with on.