Fallout

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Fallout

Post by 8-ball »

No, Diablo II isn't the best RPG ever. In fact, it isn't a RPG at all!

Well, Fallout is.
IMO, it's one of the best games ever. Few days ago replayed the game again.
Dame I wonder why anyone hasn't started a topic about this yet,
So, feelings about the game? What character stats did you use, what cool items got, what special encounetrs and the ending you had? (for both games)

Especially I liked the atmosphere. You just wander around, doing quests, headhunting, stealing, exploring... The story itself was a thing to note... There have been some games about post-nuclear times even before (i.e. Wastelands) but Fallout had it best. I liked the dialogue system, how your intelligence, speech skill and perks affect what and how many options you have in a dialogue. I have seen better dialogue only in Planescape Torment, which is out of caompetition. Bartering system was good - a char with low barter skill has to give more cash for same item than a higher skilled char. I myself am especially turned towards Turn Based games. Real time is just a clicketyclickclickclick. Who clicks faster wins. But there you have to think. Your stats affect everything in the game, you may even not be able to get certain quests or even enter some locations if you don't have, for example, high speech skill or an item. Agility affects how many action points you have - the more you have the more times you can hit/shoot. Strength affect how much weight you can carry, health points and lots of skills. It's really important to choose the stats for your style. You can complete all the game without killing a thing, for example - just stealth, speech and stealing matters then. Or you can be a tank and kill everyone in sight. Everyone can have a different ending of the game, like Save the world or Apocalypse or Everyone turned into mutants. Can't find a weak spot of the game but there is one - it still could be longer, I mean not weeks but Months of Single player campaign playing and replaying.

Ok this is the game of the games. Get it??
39:37,91
SpeaK
Kuski

Post by SpeaK »

Well, I have only played Fallout2 through a couple of times.. It's truly the best RPG i've ever played.. The thing I love the most in this game is the main and the many substories it has.. The people there seem pretty real, although the dialog system is a bit stupidish.. But what great dialogs anyhow you get with people.
Truly amazing, you've missed a lot if you haven't ever even tried this game.

I've tried Fallout1, and I plan to play it through some day. Thanks for reminding me 8-ball to play this game. :) All I can say the beginning seems damn nice. I just wish I'd played Fallout1 before Fallout2, but well, it's ok like this too.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i've played fallout2 7 years ago, got close to end and then something got fuvked up and i wasn't able to finish it:(
but really great game
[carebox]
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Is it online game or download able game freely anywhere or od i have to use dc++ or do you think i jst should use google?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

I think you should google to get to know watefak is Fallout (and you really should) and then ask stupid questions if you'll still have any. :)
SpeaK
Kuski

Post by SpeaK »

http://www.nma-fallout.com/

That's the right place to start if you're looking for fallout1/2 related info.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

What ending did you have for Fallout 2? I destroyed both military base and necropolis or what was it and when I came back to Vault 13 I blew Overseer's brains out because I had Bloody mess perk on :)
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I bought Fallout 1 shortly after it came out. I don't remember how long it took me to finish, but it really rocked.

Fallout 2 I borrowed from a friend of mine, but never played it through. It was a good game and I really don't remember why I didn't finish it.

When Fallout Tactics demo came out I was pretty excited about it. I downloaded it, played for like 15 minutes and got bored. Max disappointment :cry:
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

d/led not too long ago, its a pretty good rpg but i die way too much. Is it me or do the screens fade out slowly for you, like when your at the main menu and you click new game.
TT ~ 50:42
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

There's tech demo of black isles original fallout 3 aka van buren

it's very short, it's alpha, it's barely playable, but hey it's fallout. dunno what's the queue now (been 3 hours at most or sach) because there's has been quite some hype for 3 days, 50k+ unique hits
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

8-ball wrote:What ending did you have for Fallout 2? I destroyed both military base and necropolis or what was it and when I came back to Vault 13 I blew Overseer's brains out because I had Bloody mess perk on :)
hey 8-ball do nat confuse Fallout teh original and F2, you naab
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

official site for fallout3 has been opened

also one day for teaser, or less, lost count :P
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Game Informer Fallout 3 article scans

some positive, some negative stuff
teajay
Donator duck

Re: Fallout

Post by teajay »

!!wtf!! jappe has family
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

friend got fo3 yesterday.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

A.K.B. wrote:friend got fo3 yesterday.
sick
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

yeah wtf ill 2tm
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Thinking of wishing Fallout 3 for Christmas, though I'm not sure my computer can have it.

NVIDIA GeForce FX5500
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz 512 MB RAM

Do you think it will? I'm not good with this, the computers develop so quickly that it's hard for me to catch up.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

Jappe wrote:i ran it with 3000+ amd processor, 1gb memory and ati radeon 1650x, was quite bad performance though, dont think your settings could run the game

you can always ask for xbox 360 or such and play fallout 3 with that, 360 is some ~150e nowdays. console is also good option if you dont orka all that computer upgrading etc
Ok, thanks man!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I have no idea about the requirements of fallout 3, but I know my old comp was quite similar to yours, and I couldn't run certain games older than fallout 3. So I guess even if it does work, it wouldn't work too well.

New comp ez 4gb ram though <3 (I used to have 512mb as well)
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Fallout 3:
Played for one night, got addicted.
Played for a few more nights, was entertaining.
Played again after a week, was somehow annoying, so I startet to go for the "real" quests.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

below

The most remarkable thing about Fallout 3 is (and I have never experienced that in any other computer game):

You can end the game, without succeeding in the final goal.

pm me if you want to discuss this, I was quite impressed.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
bob
Kuski

Post by bob »

i was addicted for a couple weeks, then after that it got kind of boring. it was also max easy for my liking (played on very hard).

it's a good game, but i think i was expecting better.

btw, going evil is much more fun.

blowing up Megaton was "lol"
mcleod
OtorK
37mins club

Post by OtorK »

started playing yesterday and probably got addicted already

no elma for a looong time i guess
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

if you liked fallout 1 and 2, you might wanna check out wasteland 2 kickstarter. It's running for the last day now and has got near 300% funding. Apparently the game's gonna be top down or isometric choice&consequence CRPG in a post apocalyptic setting, oh and you will be controlling a party instead of one character. The dev team consists of names such as Brian Fargo, Jason Anderson and Chris Avellone. If you're familiar with interplay, those names might ring a bell. Here's a little Q&A with Brian Fargo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHEgVIMS9pQ#!

Either way the really interesting thing is that these guys get to make a game (that has already broken even) they want to without hunting money or having modifications to please publishers, or actually get one at all.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I've never played fallout but hev been meaning to, and that Wasteland bongo seems great. Looking forward to it.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i forgot to add it's turn-based !

But yeah after reading a bunch of interviews it's clear that wasteland2 will be falloutish, or if im any decent at interpreting fargo's tone, one could even say it's gonna be the real fallout3. Obviously he can't say that aloud. Ironically fallout 1 and 2 were spiritual sequel to wasteland but electronic arts were holding the wasteland rights and now wasteland2 will be spiritual sequel to the original fallout because bethesda won bid war over troika games(where core of the black isle devs went) on fallout franchise in 2004. It's just a bunch of marketing and publishing bullshit that has increased year by year.

You don't need any of that bullshit if you deliver

We will see how it turns out, obviously they can't use stuff from fallout, whatever can be considered to explicitly belong to fallout franchise is difficult to determine. As some of you remember bethesda sued mojang for calling their new title 'scrolls', yes, seriously

publishers must hate kickstarter, ha ha! fuck you and your marketing for the (m)asses!
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

kickstarter is fucking great, i think i'm going to chip in a bit for wastelands 2 now.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

The goal is already tripled.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Lousku wrote:The goal is already tripled.
chipping in more = bigger world etc and you still get a free copy when it's out
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

http://cgmonthly.com/about/interviews/i ... xpand.html

state of gaming :<

but in other news WL2 raised 3.04M! now it's their turn to deliver, or disappear to hawaii :>
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

so hows wasteland 2 doing after 10 months: http://vimeo.com/59292662 (real stuff starts at 2:50)