Why that nick??

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

A friend of mine who introduced me to Elma years ago had named himself "krazy". I told him that he had spelt it wrong.. but he just didn't care.
Later when he gave me copy of game I just couldn't resist and entered "Crazy", since that was the way of spelling it.

During the years i've grown up (kinda) but still, Crazy has become a part of me. I'm the Elma "Crazy", teh mega häylö Image
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
Kadude
Kuski

Why Kadude?

Post by Kadude »

Well, I was playing runescape, and I thought of the nick: "Kickassdude" but it was too long i think, so I shortened it down to Kadude. I have used that nick in every game till now !
And on norwegian LANs I use the nick "Kongen"..(king on english)
My brother used to call him self that some while ago. Then it went on my brains so I kept saying that I was Kongen, so more and more ppl have sorta "given up"(They denied me for being konge) so they started calling me that.

"Death cannot be denied by others than God..even in Elma!"
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

i think, i don't need to explain my nick, cuz it is so ez and clear for everybody!
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

it kinda isnt...
Proud Member Of RDK
ColoAvalanche
Kuski

Post by ColoAvalanche »

I got my nick from the Colorado Avalanche (NHL team, many many many stars). They'll win the Stanley Cup! GO AVS GO WE BELIEVE!
liFe
Kuski

Post by liFe »

Got mine when I did some homework some time ago, I accidntly wrote liFe instead life and I thought was nice. :D
"It's like sex except I'm having it"
Sowjet
Kuski

Post by Sowjet »

I saw In The Stupid ( Dekrim ) someone who was named sovjet
My Friend VOREX said thats his name was Sowjet and in the next round of dekrim i thought that it would be coal to be named like the master of the round before i was wrong = ( he name was Sovjet Like i said well sins Then i have use The Name Sowjet hee ! :wink:
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Sowjet wrote:I saw In The Stupid ( Dekrim ) someone who was named sovjet
My Friend VOREX said thats his name was Sowjet and in the next round of dekrim i thought that it would be coal to be named like the master of the round before i was wrong = ( he name was Sovjet Like i said well sins Then i have use The Name Sowjet hee ! :wink:
dekrim as in this swedish criminalgame?
spaceball
Kuski

Post by spaceball »

because i love the film "spaceballs" from mel brooks
Sowjet
Kuski

Post by Sowjet »

Jee but i quit Dekrim sux ive only got 7.000.000 something i chip the car ....well well 8O
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Jappe wrote:My nick comes from my real nick name Jappe.
i just rearranged letters and i came up with jappe.

You rearrange it and changes J to j?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I guess the Boneless is the first skateboard move i ever landed and at the time, i was pretty skinny ( i am still )! :D
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
hugoo
Kuski

Post by hugoo »

i wanna say something to milagros, milagros in spanish means miracles.
ok, my elma nick is my name :D
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

The_BoneLESS wrote:I guess the Boneless is the first skateboard move i ever landed and at the time, i was pretty skinny ( i am still )! :D
Is The_BLIND also taken from a skateboard trick?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Blind is a skateboard company but, it wasn't for that that he called himself like this !

The nick just popped when he was searching for a nick :?
Last edited by The_BoneLESS on 3 Feb 2005, 23:04, edited 2 times in total.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
H8
Kuski

Post by H8 »

H8 is only a nick i came up with playing planetarion :roll: when i was 12 or something. Inspired by the only well known Henrik ( Henry in english) in the history i just took the initials of Henry the eight. Not really a role-model for me :oops: , he is nevertheless a "great" 8O Henry . i now partly regret the selection of nickname, because of the spelling problems ( "Height", "Hate" etc. :? ). i myself only spell the letters: H,eight.
That was my short :lol: story. :D
41:47,70
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

I got Dynamo from The Legend of Dragoon...Dart's final addition, blazing dynamo...yah..I was hooked on that game at the time...plus...it means forceful or energetic which really has nothing to do with why I picked the name...ya...I always pause alot too.... :roll:
Total Time: 38:35,14
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Dynamo wrote:I got Dynamo from The Legend of Dragoon...Dart's final addition, blazing dynamo...yah..I was hooked on that game at the time...plus...it means forceful or energetic which really has nothing to do with why I picked the name...ya...I always pause alot too.... :roll:
Dynamo was also the name of a bad guy in "The running man" with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role of Ben Richards... Dynamo was a big guy ( ~6ft 00 ; ~280 pounds ) who threw electricity.

I thought you took it from there :D
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

hugoo wrote:i wanna say something to milagros, milagros in spanish means miracles.
ok, my elma nick is my name :D
i've written it already somewhere
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

milagros means Miles Of Grosity abbreviated. 8)
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

jonsta is what aavv usually called me before playing elma. When we played the game for the first time he just put some quick random nick.. \o/
belele
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

psycho steve
although some would (rightly) believe it's perfect steve :D
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

hugoo
Kuski

Post by hugoo »

ey milagros, i didn't read it, some thing more: do u know in spain milagros is a woman name? :?
MiEkk
Kuski

Post by MiEkk »

My first nick was mbazyle and I got that from taking the first letter from my first name and the frist 6 letters from my last name. However, i realized it wa hard to say, so I just changed it to a messed up version of my frist name "Mike", so my nick is now MiEkk.
TT = 41:40,xx | Canada Rules! [HHIT]
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I think i came up with it after i played warcraft 3 and saw the unit Cryptfiend for the undead :S im not sure where i god this nick, i have a few different nicks as well.
TT ~ 50:42
poppa_j
Kuski

Post by poppa_j »

hmm i think I told tis story once before in the old forum but couldnt find it...so anyway, its nice remembering old imes so I tell it again =P

It was like 1996 or sumthing.. when me and my friends were as most active with the skateboarding thing... None of us had a nickname.. but we thought it would be so cool.. then one day we decided to come up with some theme for the nicknames and the hiphop-theme just seemed kinda funny.

I came up with Poppa J after hearing this swedish toaster Papa Dee on the radio. I changed it a bit to sound more hiphop... and of course, the J stands for Jonas wich is my real name..

My other friends came up with names like G-rock (by the way the guy who intoduced Across to me in 98 ).. McDed (latr changed his nick to tobak)... Dj Slim (now knowns as Baabon...

Thats the story once again.. sorry if youve read it before... but at least I had a good time remembering.. :)
Apple Pie Pussy Action Supercross and Elastomania Team || Old APP site
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

H8 wrote: i now partly regret the selection of nickname, because of the spelling problems ( "Height", "Hate" etc. :? ). i myself only spell the letters: H,eight.
You'll be glad I've always "spoken your nick in my head" as H-eight then, I've never even thought of the "Hate" possibility ;)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Heah, i've always said it in swedish, hå åtta.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

my boring nick-story: my real name is matthias, short form of it is hias, i'm a snooty asshole so i added "king" in front of it, wow...
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

*yawn*^^
dunedan
Kuski

Post by dunedan »

my nick dunedan is from the word dúnedain. nowadays im dun :wink:
Pertti
Kuski

Post by Pertti »

Pertti is a finnish name, i dont know why i chose it anyway, as its not my real name either.

My real nick is Euronymous, which is some god of death or something. quite l337 nick, but i like it. better than sUpErKiLlEr!1!1 My former nick ohu is becouse many people suddenly started calling me ohu, reason is still unknown.
H8 wrote: i now partly regret the selection of nickname, because of the spelling problems ( "Height", "Hate" etc. :? ). i myself only spell the letters: H,eight.
Hm, thought it was "height".
http://www.petitiononline.com/0815/petition.html
In the name of our ancestors, sign it damnit!
Or do you want to let teh untermensch rule our life?
Kuj2
Kuski

Post by Kuj2 »

I know it's an old thread, but honestly... I don't care :P

Kuj2 - Kuj is easy to write with one hand. Besides, I was once called 'kujon' (hope no Polish guy reads this :P), and even though that's not a very kind nick, I wanted to save something off it. Then I added 2 because Kuj itself has already existed as a mail login, and because Kuj itself sounds pretty stupid. My other nick can be found in my every post, it's YummyYuck and it's a combination of two opposite meanings (and two colors that, worn together, make you look like an idiot :D). I placed red for tomato soup (yummy!) and green for spinach (yuck, though I like spinach - that's just stereotypical bad food). I also use a sign in my levels - the two curvy arrows with different directions and Y Y inside, for ROTATE and YummyYuck - to play some of my tracks and compete a bit with others visit http://moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=4567
So if you ever find a replay with mysterious YY, you will know that it's mine ;)
YummyYuck...
If you're happy and you know it, and you really want to show it, if you're happy and you know it just ROTATE!
Personal TT - 46:47,48
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

my nick for kestas simply means my first name. for many years i used to have a nick for Hero (i used to be a big fan of RPG's) but playing elma i thought to fill in my real name just for the only one reason to attrack lithuanian kuskis and get to know with them better. there arent too many of them so i thoutght to catch every one of them i could. Tm found me like that for a good example
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

Myne is just a random stupid garden vareity dumbass nick.

But Watch my magic as I change it more than my underwear! :)
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
error
Kuski
Team: 27

Post by error »

My all live is a BIG ERROR AND BUG...
twitch streams | one-handed | EOL winrate 20.1 %
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Smashed keyboard with left hand fingers when joining irc/#across for the first time, and the result was weq. Added Z from Zamppe, which I have used in every other game before elma and every game after elma, so why the hell did I ever choose Zweq, I don't know. Thought many times changing nick to Zamppe for elma too, but I think after all it's dumb and wouldn't work at all.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I think ur nick is coal enough, and at least a slight bit inventive. ;D
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I chose Xiphias because i was playing FinalFantas8
and at the castle in the end of the game there's a "mission" u do. you have to scramble 3 words together.. i think it was like this.
and one of those words was Xiphias :D
sounded cool.. so i took it.

btw FFVIII ROCKS! :D
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Why you have nick like that?

Post by Bludek »

I was wondering about meaning of some nicks. It could be interesting to know, what your elma nicks means.
For example: my nick Bludek does not mean nothing:) Its my nickname from school, dunno how it was made :D
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: Why you have nick like that?

Post by Mawane »

wanted to start a thread like that but never done it
mine is from Marck-Antoine (my real name) just remove some letters and you get Ma...oine which is pronounced mhawan
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Kazeta
Kuski

Post by Kazeta »

my favorites letters are the k and z, in spanish, the Ka and the Zeta =D
TT: 47:40,88
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

I have said it before in some other topic.. I was playing Final Fantasy VIII and there was this painting with a few names on it Xiphias being one of them. Loved it right away.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

dont know why i have this nick, is kinda random and original
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

my nick is a cross between my real name and my country.
Leeroy + New Zealand

it was a toss up between Newroy and Leeland, but i favoured Leeland a little more (like 5% more)
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I have been called igge by my family and friends pretty much since the day I was born, so why not? o,o
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

jaksta? my name is jack
SmaXa? shortened version of 'smacka' -> which was my nickname in a few online games
Haruhi? favorite anime character.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

my real name is sebastian, but if you remove all those letters and think of the day I was born, and add another j between band o, you get bjorn =D
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

my real name is pawel (paul) -> 3 first letters of it - paw, wanted edges to be symmetrical so added q -> pa|wq :D