elma wiki: new site (encyclopedia/FAQ/theory/tutorials)

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

ribot
Not banned

elma wiki: new site (encyclopedia/FAQ/theory/tutorials)

Post by ribot »

• what? :roll:
    i have set up a wiki. a wiki is a site where the users create the content. this means this elma site has the potential to be very dynamic, very up to date, with a lot of information.
  • why? :oops:
    there is no elma wiki as far as i know. this is a test, to see if there is any interest. there is neither any site for elma that is only for information. most sites are kind of masala-like; they have a bit of everything. the wiki will not have competitions, replays, or record lists.
  • how? :cry:
    in the beginning, those who are interested can contact me, or write here (tell me your email if it's not already written here). you will be able to edit the wiki, and will later become moderators, allowed to add new users. no anonymous users are allowed at this time. this is to make a good start and shape of the site.
  • what is the site about? :x
    my idea was to make a site with information about elma. it could be something like: what would be written in a book (or encyclopedia) about elasto mania? it could also be a kind of FAQ, or new information that ppl would like to write. for example tutorials for how to become good at elma, or elma articles like those that are already on moposite. also tutorials could be colected from other places, if allowed, to get all info in one place. moposite is not very active with this kind of stuff, since the records are already almost too much for them. the wiki can be updated a lot more often.

of course other ideas are welcome, the wiki will be what the users make of it.
  • what else? 8O
    everyone can see the wiki here: http://elmawigi.ratmind.info
    i have only made an index now, all links are empty until someone makes those pages.

of course you can give your comments if you think it's a good idea or if you think it's stupid or whatnot. the most useful info for the wiki right now is ideas (what would you like to see?) and users who want to work for it.
Last edited by ribot on 10 Apr 2005, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

nice idea imo
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

i wanna write
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

there is already some elasto mania wiki, on some bulle www.wikipedia.bulle where most things have a wiki
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Yeah, I think this would be a good idea.
Juski wrote:there is already some elasto mania wiki, on some bulle www.wikipedia.bulle where most things have a wiki
You're thinking of www.wikipedia.org
Of course, this wiki could maybe be put into there as well? Though not so very detailed information would be necessary there perhaps.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

:x
some of the info could be put on wikipedia, but not all. things like elma articles, tutorials, language, and people, teams, many links, etc and etc, would be lost.
:x
the elmawiki has way much more space for elma related topics.
-
-
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

right. maybe elmawiki could have a dictionary with phonetics? bcs im not sure how to pronounce höylä or kuski :roll:
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

ye good idea
-
-
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

A truly good idea. Thumbs up.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Quite nice. The page could really benefit from a makeover though. But maybe you just made it simple like that for testing purposes.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

so theoretically anybody can be writin stuff there? how do u keep an eye that the posts are 'nat mongo'? :o or did i misunderstand
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Zweq wrote:so theoretically anybody can be writin stuff there? how do u keep an eye that the posts are 'nat mongo'? :o or did i misunderstand
Well, other types of sites that have this system work perfectly fine, just look at wikipedia. I'd take that over a normal Encyclopaedia.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Zweq wrote:so theoretically anybody can be writin stuff there? how do u keep an eye that the posts are 'nat mongo'? :o or did i misunderstand
ribot wrote:how?
in the beginning, those who are interested can contact me, or write here (tell me your email if it's not already written here). you will be able to edit the wiki, and will later become moderators, allowed to add new users. no anonymous users are allowed at this time. this is to make a good start and shape of the site.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

as you can see in wikipedia, there's a very shitty links section. ;(
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

tijsjoris wrote:as you can see in wikipedia, there's a very shitty links section. ;(
Go and edit them then. That's how it works.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

personally i don't think wikipedia is a spectacular encyclopedia. you should check out their user's guide and see that it is a chaotic mess. also there are mongo ppl doing funny deletions and stuff like that, but it's easy to restore.

there is no point for anonymosity anyway. anyone that wants to do a good job for elastomania related articles is welcome to do that, and that is what this is for. they can just contact me and i will talk to them a bit for how to make it a good site. it doesn't matter if you are bad at english, or have peculiar taste. the point is just that you want to work for an informational site, in a more high quality way.

also, skint0r, if you are talking about the design it's just the default one for the software. it's possible to get other skins which i havent' checked out yet, but for sure making a good design is very possible.
-
-
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I guess everyone agrees about that point, that this site has to be administrated in some way, just to prevent mongo deletions.

Oh, skint0r might volunteer in the layout development? :P
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

ok now you can register to the wiki and edit pages. the main page is locked for now, if you want to change it just put comments in the discussion.

if you want to edit you should think about: no one wants to read an article that is half a paragraph. don't make half ready pages, and dont make too long ones either. try to do it good, and always preview before you post. no need to save and edit same page over and over again for small mistakes.

by clicking this link, you agree to ribot's conditions (register here):
http://elmawigi.ratmind.info/~ribot/elm ... =Main_Page
-
-
ribot
Not banned

this has been updated

Post by ribot »

i've made some updates to the wiki now. also made a new topic in advertising where users can post when big updates have been made.

:oops:

http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewt ... 9758#79758

:roll:

http://elmawigi.ratmind.info
-
-
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »