some ideas for elma 2

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

jonsterion
Kuski

some ideas for elma 2

Post by jonsterion »

Moving islands and polygons could be really max. Closing gates, pipes getting thiner, walls that crush you to the floor, elevators.

Different textures that cause different reactions on the moto would rox too like water that makes you move smoother, oil that makes you slip, acid that kills you, wind that slows you down/speeds you up.

Also choosing different moto numbers, kuski helmets/suits, to be able to write your name in the moto, etc.

Also small checkpoint indications in the middle of level of how good you are compared to rec, like every 15 secs (you could choose) say "-0.34 or +4.32".

More simple, a better rec/lev navigator and editor would be cool:
- be able to go to previous/next rec when doing randomizer view of recs
- to be able to delete recs/levs inside the game (shortcut like ctrl+alt+enter or so)
- to be able to read info about the lev/rec (like pressing ctrl+alt over the lev it shows "made by: jonsta on 12/11/2010 using elma 2.1b")
- picture tools could be like in paint (brush, personalized polygon skins, etc)
- be able to choose bike position at start (like left/right, upside down/straight, etc)

I'll add more when i remember

Jonsta 8)
belele
SveinR
Moporator

Re: some ideas for elma 2

Post by SveinR »

jonsterion wrote:Moving islands and polygons could be really max. Closing gates, pipes getting thiner, walls that crush you to the floor, elevators.
I know some people say, no point in making new elma if not new stuff are added, and things are changed, and so on....but.. No, i would not like such features as these. Say something like that would be in a level, it would totally ruin the flow of it.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

it wouldnt nesicarily runi the flow, it would be another lev with another flow. goob idea, and if you dont like it, dont use it!
Also small checkpoint indications in the middle of level of how good you are compared to rec, like every 15 secs (you could choose) say "-0.34 or +4.32".

wouldnt work because you take different routes in some lev often. would work in pipe levs.'

I think the number of levs taken in a lev should be shown in the top ten, in internals taking 8 apples would get you to the next lev, and also not counted in average etc
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Juski wrote:wouldnt work because you take different routes in some lev often. would work in pipe levs.'
or let ppl set their own checkpoints. If u play the mopostyle on some lev u place checkpoints along the mopoway, if ur playing easier style just make checkpoints along that route. Checkpoints could work the way that u set 2 "dots" for example one at floor and one at roof and when the first pixel of the biker crosses the straight line between those dots the time compared to the record is shown, for example +0.12 or -10.70 :P
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Noo, it wouldnt have to be in order, just a few checkpoints around (ie apples) and when you hit one it gives you your time.
It might look a bit wierd when you compare 2 different styles, but the end time should be all that matters really. Itd just be used to measure split times with same style
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

apples are stuck on same places all the time, ez better to let ppl set their own checkpoints, for example while landing after bowlingpipe, after enigma-killer-jump or whatever...and if u whane know split at apple just set checkpoint so exactly when u cross the checkpoint-line u also take the apple, ez split at apple
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

hmm you know, or put this in a new version, is that the file ElmaConf.exe is able to create Lev-Packs with a more efficient way of keeping the levels names in, i.e.:

Antz Levels - Including:
--------------------------

Oldy Level Pack - Old??.lev
Battlez level Pack - Battle*.lev

(You can remove these levs or so)

--------------------------
Edit: Also put "Sort alphabetically" so it's way easier when you wanna do so.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

slap online to it so I can play with others over the internet.
TT ~ 50:42
CopyrightTatska
Kuski

Post by CopyrightTatska »

A new multiplayer mode :idea:

Capture the flag, like in FPS-games :teeth: . Would need some editor additions and capture-flag-levels though...
Well, what do u think?
LGRs coming up (or not). You have been warned.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Mr. Teeth - with a good connection I guess this would be possible.

Would be great because we could then play multiplayer without having the screen/keyboard functions reduced.

This would be like battles, or perhaps we could do a mopobattle and see the ghost of the best player... Perhaps that's too much, after all, but an online add-on would sure be great.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

twipley wrote:or perhaps we could do a mopobattle and see the ghost of the best player
What, during the battle??

That would pretty much ruin the finding of different styles.
Rules | FAQ
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Yeah you right,
but Ghost mode if you're in a team that could help, that's it: a merged replay on an active play. But I'm not coping with this idea for the moment.
Last edited by twipley on 16 Apr 2005, 16:59, edited 4 times in total.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

CopyrightTatska wrote:A new multiplayer mode :idea:

Capture the flag, like in FPS-games :teeth: . Would need some editor additions and capture-flag-levels though...
Well, what do u think?
There IS capture the flag in elma.. In options when you choise multiplayer you can toggle flag tag on/off.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

Kopaka wrote:
CopyrightTatska wrote:A new multiplayer mode :idea:

Well, what do u think?
There IS capture the flag in elma.. In options when you choise multiplayer you can toggle flag tag on/off.
I geuss he means with TWO flags and TWO teams consisting of more than 1 kuski...
It would be quite fun i geuss.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

J-sim wrote:I geuss he means with TWO flags and TWO teams consisting of more than 1 kuski...
It would be quite fun i geuss.
Ya, but it would be necessary to either be immortal or to respawn after some 10 secs after dying.
Rules | FAQ
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

what abot super mario kart-like modus? when you touch your opponents head with your wheel hell lose one of his lifes
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

ya you gotta hit there head :p with your wheel
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

It would be cool if there was a way to use a boost just 1 time in a level. The "B" button on the keyboard would be perfect for a little NOS.
TT: 39:43:40

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

ya and you could see the gas and shoom you would be off like a rocket
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I would like to have a bike which could fly, jump and just walk, and apples which you can throw with and maybe with 4 wheels so you can't die.. etc. etc. !1!!
CopyrightTatska
Kuski

Post by CopyrightTatska »

Capture the flag is not same as flag tag. (Incomplete :?: ) Rules of Capture the Flag:
Steal the other player's flag and bring it to your flag. Your flag must be on its "base" when scoring. If the other player captures your flag, you can return it to its base by hitting the wheel of other mopo (or if the other kuski dies). Game ends when a score limit is reached (or endless, like flagtag).

OK, no more questions about capture the flag?
LGRs coming up (or not). You have been warned.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

CTF be cool to teh max if we had internet play
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

man these ideas suck

the level should be static, not moving or bangoing in any way. the beauty of elma is how the kuski makes us of the vertices as they are, imagine how irritating it would be having to time a ride perfectly to fit inside some mongo moving gap. or "damn, that could have been a great ride if i'd just avoided the flying killer" etc.

you want an idea, remove killers altogether. they suck.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Good point...I agree.
TT: 39:43:40

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
SpeaK
Kuski

Post by SpeaK »

sierra wrote:man these ideas suck

the level should be static, not moving or bangoing in any way. the beauty of elma is how the kuski makes us of the vertices as they are, imagine how irritating it would be having to time a ride perfectly to fit inside some mongo moving gap. or "damn, that could have been a great ride if i'd just avoided the flying killer" etc.

you want an idea, remove killers altogether. they suck.
You ever thought there's more ways to play elma than the usual "nice ride, nice time, cool stunts"-style of play? Of course adventure level is the most known example. Moving verticles and so on could greatly improve these kinds of levels. If these moving verticles came in, they wouldn't have to be used in any Internals, or any serious höyling or cruising map. I seriously hope they wouldn't be used in any Internal, but what's so bad with a choise to use them in externals if you want to?

And about the "omg imagine all the noob maps having all the moving verticles and gravity apples zomg" -comments that usually come: Maybe you don't have to play those maps?
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I agree wit speak!
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Actually I just meant opening gates to reflect the idea of keys/adventure levels, but I didn't find a scenario in my head where you would need them.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

I know this is minor but the positions your head overlaps the ground and vice-versa (when you die without your (appearance) helmet touching the ground)
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

twipley wrote:I know this is minor but the positions your head overlaps the ground and vice-versa (when you die without your (appearance) helmet touching the ground)
I think what you mean is you want an LGR that actuly shows the move ment of the head, and BTW it is a very big deal. ;)
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

An ability to count apples when playing lvls. Because many times is very annoying to count apples in pipes and those kind of lvls.

An example
-------------------------------
Play again
Replay
Save play
Best times

U collected 15 apples!
-------------------------------

This way you could also make these "Jump-as-far-as-u-can" lvls and set apples VERY close.

U wont even have to watch replay 100 times to count them.

I hope that this will be in the new version.. if not in Elma2
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
dudek
Kuski

Post by dudek »

This function is supported in multiplayer so far.
DamRho
Kuski

Post by DamRho »

OK, here are my thoughts for a new version of Elma. I won't be discussing better graphics/sound and everything currently available in the official and unofficial patches since these are obvious additions to any newer version.

:arrow: Moving polygons and apples I think are a bad idea, mainly because people would be judged not by their skills. Imagine doing a great run and suddenly you miss some apple or bang your head for 2 pixels because of moving polygons, that would reduce playing Elma to simple luck IMO... Well, not just luck but mostly luck... well, a little more luck than required today!

:arrow: Some things that should be shown on screen - and this would require a nicer interface while playing, Elma's is just a bit primitive: current level record (overall best time from the created users in the game), personal level record from the currently active user, and possibly a user-definable target time you could place there; world record, elma target times list time, etc.
It wouldn't require anything too fancy just a little box with something like:

LR: xx.xx.xx
PR: xx.xx.xx
TR: xx.xx.xx

It wouldn't take much screen space and wouldn't block the field of vision. It could of course be turned off at all, better yet, we could configure which fields to view!
The map could be a little more detailed as well with current hardware, maybe a mini-representation of the level with actual textures but that isn't important and it's just an eye-candy addition. Maybe a "map textures on/off" option?

:arrow: Please, no 3D or gears or tuning bike equipment at all!!! Pleeeease! That's just... well, it's not the same thing. Maybe shifting gears I would eventually accept (with an auto-gear option for starters of course) but still I think the playability is flawless as it is and that's why we're still here playing this game.

:arrow: Levelpacks, of course, being definable without any patches. And replay packs as well. I hate having to scroll through dozens of replays...

:arrow: Apart from completely new internal levels, which should obvious be in the same style as the current internals and not the absolutely impossible for newbies external levels some of you create :roll: I would welcome for historical reasons that it could be included the old Across as well as the current Elma internals available as levelpacks or something like that...

:arrow: Internet multiplay. This would be sweet :=)

Can't remember anything else right now :roll:
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

DamRho wrote::arrow: Levelpacks, of course, being definable without any patches. And replay packs as well. I hate having to scroll through dozens of replays...
Nice suggestions DamRho, and in addition to the quoted I think the possibility of subdirs in the rec and lev dirs would be MAX. And of course the possibility to move replays/levs around ingame and deleting reaplys/levs ingame. Think how much more organized your elma(s) could be! just play a lev escape it and then chose to move or delete it...
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

i think it would be cool to have moving polygons (eg elevator). only noobs would make leves only made of moving polygons. and does anybody play nobblevs around here? :wink:
and moving obj would be cool bcs you can make some time trial lev. eg if you wont finish the lev in 30 sec a killer will be in front of the flower
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Nah.. that would just destroy our good old days elma.... and also if there were moving polygons, then what about the times? U drive masterly fast trough the start, and then come to this moving polygon.. and u suddenly have to wait until it's down again so u can drive on it.

I don't think this should be in the new version.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

good old elma times? there HAVE TO be some real changes otherwise it would just be elma 1.3 :?
Deathlace
Kuski

Post by Deathlace »

an option to view the replay of any top 10 on a level, basically just autosave the replay in the .lev file, that would be nice.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

i would just like an auto-save replay for the internals, so then i dont forget to click save replay. you should be able to pick the name format like CrIn??
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

The purpose of moving polygons for me, would act as a result from an activated trigger (like a key system), but would we really need that, that's the big question.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think someone, or even I suggested that before, but just the possibility to choose between Classic and Adventure mode. Adventure would have all moving elements and shit, classic would be just classic. This doesn't mean the gear, the movement of the bikes etc should be changed. Those must remain the same.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Having all moving elements and shit would actually be shit, if you see what I mean. No one would ever bother to play that, n00bs will flood with that type of levs.

I once imagined not distant walls rapproching on you as you are being stuck on yourself, things like that (moving vertexes would at least be cooler than moving/appearing objects). We gotta think on it right before inventing crap as gravity apples... They have no place on this game, soooo much stupid/not playable levels arising because of that.

Abusement/moderation is the matter though, but gravity apples could be suppressed, would not hurt me at all.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yes, so the guys who like adventure and mostly fucking around on mario stuff etc. play adventure mode, and normal people play classic.
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

twipley wrote:Having all moving elements and shit would actually be shit, if you see what I mean. No one would ever bother to play that, n00bs will flood with that type of levs.
the same prob with speed loop levz today :wink:
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

The wost argument ever agaisnt something is: "there will be n00b levs all over the place"

Well, if you hadnt noticed, there is already n00b levs all over the place and no one is forcing you to play them right?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I agree with Juski, if you dont want to play n00b sp33d levels then dont even download them.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

Agree with Crypt
tijsjoris... please agree with me
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

If you don't want adventure mode, don't play it.
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

really cool:
finally fix this turned head diference
(for people who dont know what im talking about)
i think this is quite a lot :?
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

i think its a plus to have a difference when u turn heads...kinda gives the excuse like "Awww if i woulda turned i woulda stayed alive, got WR, and won the Nobel Peace Prize!"
Total Time: 38:35,14
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

max knew about it long tims
max goad to haev that
max bad that the LGR is bugged and doesnt follow th e haed very often :S
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?