World Cup 5

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

I wrote wcup5 in one of the levels I sent, but you all probably know that px hate my levels.
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Duh, of course he hates them. You have great levels.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

dz wrote:Duh, of course he hates them. You have great levels.
nice!
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

ERRORS IN WCUP514
----------------------------

Squip didn't get any points again.
He should have had 27 points. So instead of 54th place with 101 points, he should be 46th with 128 points.

MK got 44 points but should have had 67 (tijsjoris 17, dunedan 23, Squip 27). Since 23 points are missing i guess it's dunedans points that are missing, maybe because he wrote "mk" instead of "MK".

So MK should have 249 points and not 226, but still be at 19th place.

Also dunedan is not in player standings at all.

:(
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Who will be Pipe King?!?!?!?!?!

Damn I´m so excited, after all talk of no pipe level in the world cup. Will Jalli remain as MASTER? Will John steal the crown? Will axxu´s excellent battle performances translate into major league victory? Or perhaps Zweq will emerge from the smokey darkness and seize the title.

WORLD FUCKING CUP.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Who will be granted the next pipe king, after me! :P
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

Wcup5 soon ends ;S
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Already the end of world cup 5...

I feel like MP's Ladies First level was published yesterday :cry:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

fucking faggy fucks fucker fuckheads putting results so fucking faggy late fuck it fuck it fuck it fucking fuckers fuckitty fuckittingly fuckfack gaylord noob fuckers

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

FUCK!
Maala
Kuski

Post by Maala »

Well, wcup ended. Thx to px for organising the 5th Elastomania World Cup. I'm looking forward to results of the last event, and the overall results too, i made several new friends during this competition, hoping i'll meet them one day... Dame, this was soooooooo goooood. When will WC6 come? (Of course joking, EZ rest comin')

So, thx to everyone, now battlez. :D

Edit: Now i know i made into top 20, placed 20th... i'm so happy, some tears come out when i first looked on teh overall standingz... it's so good feeling. Well, i made my dream to be in top20, even if it was tight...

And of course Jalliz, Johnz, MPz... and all who finished, and almost finished... rec iz amazing... i could never finish in a pipe like this.
Last edited by Maala on 10 Aug 2005, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
The only impsy thing in elma is to make WR on Warm Up pressing play next be4...

Maala
yoosef
Kuski

Post by yoosef »

grats to everyone who participiated in teh wcup05 and spcially teh organizers.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

MP sick0r, Jalli sick0r, axxu sick0r, px sick0r, Abula sic..wait.. hm, forget.

Such a great moment was the final results. I thought MP's rec was perfect and then Jalli beats it by 3 secs, amazing. Jalli is really the King of the pipes. I'm so happy I've met him IRL too.

And the tight fight between axxu and MP: http://www.pulu.org/temp/axxu_vs_mp_wc5.JPG

Grats to MP for victory, this time he can enjoy it right after winning. Last time DMD did that. Poor axxu, but he has great Elma future!

I placed 12th which is very nice since my goal was top20. SveinR passed me in in the last event but that's not a problem. SveinR really deserved it.

Thanks. Maybe some Elma rest now for everyone.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

AWWWWWesome rec Jalli! and John's was oh so good also....gratz to Boneless for coming 6th in last event as well :o

Probly the closest match in a WCup ever?
Total Time: 38:35,14
dorTrus
Kuski

Post by dorTrus »

[quote="Dynamo"]AWWWWWesome rec Jalli!
Yeah! Jalli pipeking! (share your top10 on this lev). I wish axxu will win :cry:
Mary-Jane Racers
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
TT 47:5x:xx / OLP TT 29:0x:xx
crazyevildude
Kuski

Post by crazyevildude »

Awesome final event, Awesome recs from all the top 20.

Jalli is just amazing :o, it doesn't even look like he's trying in that rec (If you can tell from a rec :?). And Awesome battle between MP and Axxu, soooo Close :twisted: :D.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Incredible that someone can still be the best after 3 years, winning two world cups is so amazing :o. Feel kinda bad for axxu though, many ppl didn't thought he would have a chance to win it, but he was so close. But ofcourse a 2 place in world cup is still very nice. :D

Was surprised that I got that many points for my 28 apples (-1 for sending too late), got 13 points. Which means that I jumped two places up in final standings, quite satisfied with being no. 45, didn't play as much as I wanted to.

Too bad not many danes played much (only me and jsim played all.)

BoneLESS and jaytea were quite surprisingly good, didn't knew jaytea could play elma at all :). At beginning of world cup I was like "have to beat Boneless" hehe ;)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Jalli's rec is so impressing 8O 8O 8O

I made 20 minutes of overtime just to see what time he get on irc !

And The X-Ray rec is just so weird.,., he drives with a so uncommun style :?

And, i want to congratulate every kuski who took part in the world cup 5, it was an excellent first experience for me :wink:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

NO! That rec is just too good :o :o :o Jalli is the fucking King, light years ahead of anyone else. GOD-LIKE.

SO GOOD STYLES.

I bow my head in shame forever.
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Impsyjallity by Sierra

no i dont think its that Impsy for him ;) :D
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Why would Luther miss 4 events ?
He had the victory and glory just at his fingertips...

maybe the pipe was intentionnal but, the 3 others?
( even if i'm sure he as a good reason but, ... )
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Why would Luther miss 4 events ?
He had the victory and glory just at his fingertips...
He got a life and a girlfriend.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I found an error. http://www.moposite.com/contests_world_cups_6.php can't be found! :(
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

zworqy wrote:ERRORS IN WCUP514
----------------------------

Squip didn't get any points again.
He should have had 27 points. So instead of 54th place with 101 points, he should be 46th with 128 points.

MK got 44 points but should have had 67 (tijsjoris 17, dunedan 23, Squip 27). Since 23 points are missing i guess it's dunedans points that are missing, maybe because he wrote "mk" instead of "MK".

So MK should have 249 points and not 226, but still be at 19th place.

Also dunedan is not in player standings at all.

:(
Most stuff has been fixed, but still some small errors. Here is the wc5 points for MK:

Code: Select all

Squip:    128 points 47th place 
tijsjoris: 76 points 64th place 
dunedan:   39 points (After joining MK) 
pedro:     16 points 109th place 
zworqy:     6 points 128th place 
Sierra:     6 points (While still in MK)
Juski:      5 points 132nd place 
Team:     272 points 19th place
The error is, MK got 272 points, but in results is says 243 points. I think this is because sierra's 6 points wasn't included and dunedan's points before event 13 was included.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think the score is calculated by counting the team scores of every single event. These were made up from the 3 best scores in every event for a single team.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

tijsjoris wrote:I think the score is calculated by counting the team scores of every single event. These were made up from the 3 best scores in every event for a single team.
I know. Juski's 4 points in event 12 isn't included in the 272 points, that's the only event with 4 scoring MKs I think.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Wohoo, I counted 266 MK points!!11
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

World Cup 5 report by Abula

General
This report is written from subjective view. Analyzing the levels, playing and own results. I hope other people will also report. I won't comment the co-operations behind the scenes. Publishing secret FM connections are up to Karlis.

I placed 8th in WCup4, back then I played quite much. Half year Elma was enough and I wasn't going to play that much in WCup5. But still I placed 12th in the end. That didn't require much hoyling though. Top10 would have been nice but more I don't care.

My replays. The report of the WCup4.

1. (level by MP, best time by Karlis 51,95)
Ok, first event. We decided to hoyl it a bit more to see our current place in Elma scene. Especially Karlis played like 50 hours. I did about 20h I think. Karlis win the event and I came 29th. And those places are quite truth I think. The level had terrible bounce style in the beginning and I didn't want to use it. Karlis made it better than anyone else.

The level was quite ok. Quite hoylable and straight. I don't like finding routes but just hoyl and invent some small details. But the wall at 16-17 seconds was very frustrating, quite luck based. We found the one volt style at 38secs too late and that's why it's not used in my replay. Actually I hate changing styles and therefore I usually use some of the tricks discovered in the beginning of the event. Or some totally own ones.

Anyway, quite OK replay in my opinion. Just wrong (easier) styles and so many people hoyled it seriously.

2. (level by Rasken, best time by Luther 42,91)
Quite interesting level layout at least. We had some problems to find the correct route but luckily some noobs published some replays in #wc5 and we got the idea.

Again I placed 29th, right before dz who lose 0,02 to me. Karlis was still in top with his 5th position. Styles were quite clear except the horrible end which I made easily and lost some time there.

But, OK replay again. Played about 10h.

3a. (level by ramone, best time by Zweq 14,46)
In FM we decided to play 3b. At least me and Karlis thought that we had decided. Anyway mr and dz sent in to 3a which was good because they got quite good positions. I got 14,90 which would have given 17 points (17th) but I didn't send in. That's my biggest mistake in WC5. Karlis was angrey and I wanted to stand on his side in our debat.

My time was bad but anyway. Nothing interesting in the replay. Played about 2h.

3b. (level by ramone, best time by TorInge 27,90)
Another hoyla level to the max. Not my type. Actually very soon I got perfect run which I couldn't be able to improve. And I placed 31st and got 0 points :(. First time since WCup315. That was a very dark day.

The level was terrible for many players. Jeppe used totally wrong style. MP and ramone fucked up winning runs. DaemoN drove better than winner time but he had already sent to 3a.

I didn't like the levels but now the ultimate hoyla level quota was hopefully filled. Played about 3h.

4. (level by skint0r, best time by Luther 2:15,90)
Very long level this time, quite straight so I liked it. Played over 10h in the first day. Got 2:51 or something and went to brag in #across that I have good time and so on. skint0r came to private and showed 2:3x replay and I was like I can't do that in a week. Also Luther bragged he made 2:2x in a hour and can improve easily 10secs. Got depressed.

The level had very hard end. Of course it was easy in train level but after 2mins cruising you had to do some sick bounces and blah. Had some troubles to get a decent time. Eventually Elma gave 2:33 and I was very happy.

MP visited me in the same week and we played some. Actually I saw on live when MP made his 2:18 time (he was second after Luther who dominated him by two seconds). Luckily I improved to 2:28 and got very nice position (at least compared to earlier levels): 13th.

I died one 2:25 in the very end. Played 35h.

5. (level by sleap, best time by TorInge 37,63)
Awful level. Total disaster. Pipe was very hard and I had troubles with the end as well. Didn't end up with any good time and placed 32nd.

Karlis boycotted the pipe and skipped it, therefore he didn't get too many points either. Times under 40 seconds were so sick and TorInge dominated (or TormInated) the event.

Actually me second best time was like 3 seconds worse so I had some luck with this time too. One thing in the replay is enjoyable: the small bounce at 24 secs. Played maybe 10h.

This was the level where Jeppe stopped :/. Very tight in top: Luther, Karlis, MP, axxu.

6. (level by Chazz, best time by The OooO 55,64)
As you see from the results (I came 37th, Karlis 36th) we didn't pay much attention to this level. It wasn't bad level, just didn't have any inspiration to hoyl. Karlis just wanted to play better time than me.

The results were one of the most fascinating, unexpectable names in top. We used the easy style. I played about 10h.

7. (level by zebra, best time by Luther 54,23)
Fun level but too hard styles for me. Still quite ok position: 24th. Played maybe 15h. I used totally wrong style at 53 secs and lost 5 seconds because of that.

8. (level by Lozkin, best time by Jalli 26,80)
Stupid level which had one hard hang and that was it. Made it once well. Really disliked level by me. 24th. 10h.

9. (level by cyre, best time by axxu 1:13,95)
Ok, this was a nice level. Unfortunately I didn't invent the MP start style. I found the route but couldn't reach the apple. Anyway I hoyled it quite much (say 25h) and placed 15th.

Karlis got some of the hoyling mood back. MP was hoping his first event victory but no. In standings Luther was leading by 100 points axxu and MP. Karlis and Jalli had dropped out of the winner fight.

In my best time I use an ugly jump at 37 secs, I'm embrassed of that. Usually made some nice semi-bounce which landed perfectly. The end of the level was open and multi-styled but a bit too hard for me. And btw, the very end in my replay is top fast ;). Munkki had a bit faster, I mean the last 5 seconds (big deal).

10. (level by 8-ball, best time by axxu 27,15)
Too hoyla level to me but still quite nice to play it. Lost under one second to winner in 30secs level so quite ok. Positioned to 17th. Played 15h.

Very good level for FM: mr was 7th, Karlis 8th and dz 9th. axxu's second victory in a row, and he's going to hat trick.

11. (level by jappe2, best time by MP 43,13)
Finally an event winning by MP, the defensive champion from WC4. MP used secret FM start, which dz invented. I hoyled the first three days the bottom route and got ok times. I was very annoyed when saw that I must change my style. Also I disliked the start and made it only a few times.

Didn't get a decent time and placed 26th. Played quite much: let's say 25h. The level was pretty good.

Check the last second of my replay. Would you have pressed left or right rotate? Quite interesting.

12. (level by MP, best time by MP 1:29,29)
Very interesting and an original and unique idea by MP. This time MP offered some styles for us, thanks. Had some luck and finished one very nice run and placed 5th.

This is the first time when the level designer of the event also wins the event. MP's second victory in a row, grats. I hoyled about 30h.

I used own style at 37 secs because the bounce trick was too hard (made it so seldom).

Luther skipped previous event and also this and thereby it seems that MP and axxu are fighting for the victory of the World Cup 5.

13. (level by px, best time by MP 1:23,31)
Legendary Rollercoaster by px and third victory for MP which gave him hat trick again. Three events ago he was struggling for one event win and now he got three.

Quite ok RC. The end was critical and everything was up there. I came 18th and played 15h.

MP leading in standings.

14. (level by Markku, best time by axxu 38,01)
We were sure that Markku is going to win this event by 6 secs, he always has secret styles for himself. But he didn't send in at all :/.

FM got mood and four of us (the only active ones) placed in top14. Me myself was 9th. Short event and played maybe 10h.

Very hoyla level and no styles. I think MP's top10 was within 0,08 or something. Now axxu passed him in standings by winning this event and MP was "only" fourth.

15. (level by sierra, best time by Jalli 49,47)
The final trek: who is the winner of the WC5 and also who is the pipe king. Interesting event indeed. MP's tactic was to hoyla an optimal run from the beginning and axxu seemed to cruise. I think axxu got several finishes and MP only two. axxu got fed up with the level too soon and was too sure about the better time. MP kept low profile, even when meeting axxu in real life (they were both in Turku during one festifal and saw each other there, quite a classic moment). MP was lucky enough and made a decent time and beat axxu and thereby took the victory.

Jalli and John were overwhelming and the legend himself took what belongs to him.

I played quite much: let's approximate to 30h. I got 4x several times and 47 twice, that gave me 15th place. Actually I made my result in a few days and after that played almost two weeks without improving, quite irritating.

End words
Thanks to px, level designers and team mates. Also grats to winners. </compulsory_words>

WC5 wasn't as important and hectic as WC4 was for me. Mostly I chilled and tried to not get annoyed because of Elma. I disappointed in that a few times but that's ok. I don't really wait for WC6 too soon but surely will take part in when it comes.
Last edited by Abula on 13 Aug 2005, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Thanks abula, for this post, it helped me a bit in revalidating from the pains I got in wcup. Especially when I saw the hoyling times, I was relieved. I thought the results were really so bad for me cause I seriously lacked in skill, while it was just lack of playing really. =)

But I wouldn't do better if the next world cup was in a short time, pweh.
nony
Kuski

Post by nony »

romania got 7 points, so did i, me happy :)
it's very nice competing without seeing a replay or smth. as a noob (like me) u can imagine styles, even though u can't do them. but trying makes u like the game. that's what i enjoyed most. good good good wc5 :)

will there be a wc5,5 soon? :roll:
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

You can play mopoking, that's going on now.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

you can always count on abu when it comes to reports like this, nice! I think I'll skip my stories this time, but hopefully some other who played whole cup has energy to do one :)
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

On the wcup 5 page some links are missing for the last event, and the link to results are linking to event 14.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Re: World Cup 5

Post by 8-ball »

Bumping because might be interesting to read for some newcomers :)
39:37,91