About elmaprogramming

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

jonsi
Kuski

About elmaprogramming

Post by jonsi »

I read some topics about elma programms and patches so I thought if somebody would spread the knowledge then some more people could start devloping new things. Like adding waypoints and own menus and stuff. we all want more things but hib and mila dont want or more probably dont have time to do things. but why not spread the knoledge...

Of course this would lead to some cheating but thats something we have to deal/live with...
Nothing anymore....
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

According to Balazs, next version of Elasto Mania is almost finished. Let's see what he has included there. Meantime, I think it's just best to wait. ;)
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

but if somebody(I) would just want to fool around wtih the code. like doing max internals mini internals test save&load..
blah anyway just a thought. :roll:
Nothing anymore....
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I would love to get the elma source code ...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

Id only want to know how mila and hib has done their things. do they have source or have they reversed?
U maybe know mila...

Edit: Now i saw that hib reversed it, but how did mila? also reversed or got from hib. and how long time did it take..
Last edited by jonsi on 28 Sep 2005, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing anymore....
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

As far as I know, hibernatus did reverse. He once posted the level code which he was trying to decrypt.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

You can reverse it to assembly but not in the language it was made with, C++. Well, at least not very easily.

Post by Guest »

dz wrote:You can reverse it to assembly but not in the language it was made with, C++. Well, at least not very easily.
If you can reverse it to assembly you can translate it to any language whatsoever really... But you can't consider this to be the "real source code" for Elma since the variable names, comments, function names, etc would be lost. But there's no impediment to translating the assembly code into any other language.
milagros_

Post by milagros_ »

its impossible to change form assembler to c++.. maybe there are some progs but almost impsy to make soem object-oriented code in c++
of course i use some disassembler..
i think elma.exe is made the simpliest way and if anybody wants to do anything in assembler, elma.exe is the best prog to start:)))
i think for any average good programmer there cant be any problem to find where are mostly used functions (fopen,sprintf, fwrite, fread, fprintf, fclose) also quite easy to find certain part of code... you know text references and you've got it
no need to spread the knowledge
btw i've just made easy auto-pcx dumper for recs,ez 1 bit change in whole prog 8) , some more details needed to change speed, >100 pcx saved and so on..
for beginners - try to find what bit needs to be changed :oops:
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

1 bit change :P
How is that possible? Btw what does the auto-pcx dumper actually do?
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Mila should maek sum huge tutorial one day for elma programming :wink:
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
milagros_

Post by milagros_ »

there are many elma versions with different size and so on, so i'll maybe write tutorial, how to make it (change byte at 0x123456 from 78 to 79) :)

Post by Guest »

I think i've already seen a program to translate but, i can't find it...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

You mean that mila, hib and and all other programmers actually make their patches and progs with assembly code ? I guess they are more advanced than me...

And, are you sure no such programs exist ? ( translate assembly to x )
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

patches in assembler, progs in some c++ or delphi or whatever
that convert prog simply cant be easily made.. the converted prog would look same hard to understand as the one in assembler
[carebox]
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

Maybe nat the palace but anyway....
There should be a tuto about how to deciphre rec and lev, like how the "protocoll" is working.

i've been working on that but i cant figure out how its working, it feels like that theres no system ,of course there is but icant find. anyway the art of elma programming should exist so those ( particualy me) can combine two fun things with eachother reversing and elma....
Nothing anymore....
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i dont know.. i thought everybody who tried to figure out whats what in rec or lev made it after a short time without disassembling.. try more:)
the formats of files and manual whats what in elma.exe are not public because it might push somebody to cheat
anyway its made in quite n00b style so i guess it cant be problem for some average skilled assembler guy to figure out where's what in elma.exe
[carebox]
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

ill try some more, just beeing lazy...always easier to read. must just read some more asm so i can inject stuff also. not fun to just understand hehe.
and yes moderators i will use pm in the future for private messages
Nothing anymore....
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I guess i'm quite bad in assembly...

If elma code was available in some object oriented program or in C++, would make it way easier for me, even if i doubt it ever happens...

and for once, i opened a level file with Visual Studio instead of Notepad and it already looks more simple as a binary file but yet, i wouldn't be able to type an entire level ( would you ? )..

and the rec file ! i guess that this line is quite simple :
but these kinda lines are just not understandable :

I guess it would be more appropriate to open those files with the right program but, i don't know which ones to use ...

maybe with Emu8086
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

The_BoneLESS wrote: Image
this is just different coordinates and settings for polygons and so. cant be opened so they mean something(only with elma, or an lev editor like ALE)
change some bits and save and see what it does...
Nothing anymore....
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

migth aswell write a new post here on this

I looked some more at the code...
i´d like to know what milas and hibs code is. they have thir own parts in the code, also why does it support network. it has the winsock dll built in. does it send stuff (shouldn´t do, if it does zonealarm ain´t good) to a server?
Pretty intressting to look in when u have time..
Nothing anymore....
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i think you can quite easily find out what code is patched by comparing elma 1.11a and elma 1.2
..and no, it doesnt send anything to any server.. atleast not this version..
[carebox]