some ideas for elma 2

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

but when centered it would be better for pipes
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

They should automatically save all top ten times for internals in a mini folder...then in the level menu (where it says play again etc.) u can watch ne of ur top ten recs right then and there...good idea i guess?
Total Time: 38:35,14
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

i like that idea Dynamo, i just want some type of feature that saves your top 10 recs and then saves over them as you go.
TT ~ 50:42
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

put like you overwrite a replay, in addition to the replacement-question, put teh new name checking the capital letters.

example, since I can't explain well:

you write XpZZz replay, and then you overwrite with filename: XPZZZ
and it's still written XpZZz, there should be written XPZZZ like the last filename you specified it to be. well.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

ye and if you overwrite with diff lev or worse time it should say like, "stap! you really whane do teh overwrite?"
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

The new elma should have multiple new features but none that changes the playability,

for example, no moving polygons, no boosts, no elevators

but, there could be :

- Sessions for each player ( my brother can't have a tt because he can't get a time in top10 of some levels )
- See the replay driver in the replay section ( maybe pressing ctrl-alt-n or anything )
- When you delete a nick, all his times in internals/externals are erased.
- When you get a "best time", the "save replay" screen appears instead of the "level menu"
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

The_BoneLESS wrote:- Sessions for each player ( my brother can't have a tt because he can't get a time in top10 of some levels )
Ye there should be personal top-10's instead of shared ones. 8)
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The_BoneLESS wrote:- See the replay driver in the replay section ( maybe pressing ctrl-alt-n or anything )
Yeu, and also time and level name.

Like:

Code: Select all

Driver: SveinR
Level: blabla.lev
Time: 45:68 (Or amount of apples. Maybe "result" would be a better text than "time")
Also in the "save replay" screen it should say level name and result. At least level name.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

maybe there could be some function like that one I saw on a driving game that while watching a replay you could see when he did push the gas and when he did press the brake button, because when you , example in flat track, do the front flip, and you push yourself with that wall thing, it's very hard to see wether he did or not use the brakes or not while kicking himself at the wall for extra speed, cuz' I still have difficulties seeing that. you know. and that should be an option, not selected by default. programming time = 1 hour
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

twipley wrote:maybe there could be some function like that one I saw on a driving game that while watching a replay you could see when he did push the gas and when he did press the brake button, because when you , example in flat track, do the front flip, and you push yourself with that wall thing, it's very hard to see wether he did or not use the brakes or not while kicking himself at the wall for extra speed, cuz' I still have difficulties seeing that. you know. and that should be an option, not selected by default. programming time = 1 hour
infected says he holds brake for about 0.125 seconds at that part
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think the challenging thing about elma is that you see a rec, and have to find out how to do it exactly by yourself. Simply copying key strokes is something a bot would do. So if you have a program that records and executes all what the person in the rec pushes for kind of buttons, you have autoplay, that is cheating.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

One thing i want to have in the new version is this "Personal Times".

Like in the X-Moto game.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
1phatman1
Kuski

Post by 1phatman1 »

tijsjoris wrote:I think the challenging thing about elma is that you see a rec, and have to find out how to do it exactly by yourself. Simply copying key strokes is something a bot would do. So if you have a program that records and executes all what the person in the rec pushes for kind of buttons, you have autoplay, that is cheating.
maybe when you create the replay, you have the option to turn "see my keys" on and off, like locking levels?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

1phatman1 wrote:
tijsjoris wrote:I think the challenging thing about elma is that you see a rec, and have to find out how to do it exactly by yourself. Simply copying key strokes is something a bot would do. So if you have a program that records and executes all what the person in the rec pushes for kind of buttons, you have autoplay, that is cheating.
maybe when you create the replay, you have the option to turn "see my keys" on and off, like locking levels?
Excellent idea. But I guess coders will see a way to unlock key presses. Maybe there should be another file needed for key registering. When you leave the file out of the rec share, hacks would be needed to be very advanced to obtain them, thus not interesting enough to code.
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

How about 'Progressive apples'?

Apples that u need to get first before other ones are activated...could be confusing but w/e, the non-active apples could be like green or brown (rotten-looking with blue fungus and bugs on them etc. :lol: )
Total Time: 38:35,14
1phatman1
Kuski

Post by 1phatman1 »

In game:

Your last replay going as a ghost if you played the same level twice, if you had it turned on?

Alovolt going both ways?

Switchs to make polygons appear and disappear?

In editor:

Option to turn pics into polygons, option to select the u,s,or g before you create the pic?

A text into polygon tool?

An undo function!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

1phatman1 wrote:...In editor:

Option to turn pics into polygons, option to select the u,s,or g before you create the pic?

An undo function!
Only good ideas...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

tijsjoris wrote:
1phatman1 wrote:
Excellent idea. But I guess coders will see a way to unlock key presses. Maybe there should be another file needed for key registering. When you leave the file out of the rec share, hacks would be needed to be very advanced to obtain them, thus not interesting enough to code.
Option menu -> save keypresses ON/OFF -> impsy to hack if nat saved
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

why not instead of always pressing spacebar or not at the beginning of a level we don't implant the option to choose whether you begin the level facin' left or facin' right, each time you can change it, but the information it isn't stored in the level file.

you can simply change it UNDER teh best time line

--------- rEplay - -------------
--------- BesT Time ---------

left -- Start facin' -- right

gosh. that was a schema btw. soooo..... the option is always default at left, like it is now, but here you choose Right and you haven't to hold spacebar + enter at each start

it could be removed for esthetic in the options, though, or simply could be default off, but ... hey, is it worth the programmation?

I'm no expert, but would take approx. one hour to implant this into system.
twipley
Kuski

Post by twipley »

anyone know if Balazs' really working on next version ?
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

a cool change would be instead of having thoose hard and advanced to make levelpacks in elmaconf12.exe just put all lev files from same level pack in a sub folder in lev map and elma.exe does the automaticly =)
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
CMc
39mins club

Post by CMc »

Thats actually a pretty good idea. It would be nice to automatically arrange them by the levelname too.
TT: 39:43:40

CMc's Elma Site: 100+ levels, PTL, Hoyla, and Pipe pack. And alot of other crap. http://www.freewebs.com/cmcelma/
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

and it could refresh the list too
Nothing anymore....
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

i found out that elma does refresh the lev list if u go in and out from the editor. i think it would be implemented that it refreshes the list every time it goes from a screen to another...maybe a patch is enough...vant be hard to do.
Nothing anymore....
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

massive multiplayer online over the internet. I don't mean like two players in one level. I mean dozens of player in a single level. And that they can chat with each other, and the text should appear above their heads.
I would also like to see collision among players. So that they can crash into each other! That would be fun!
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

cpprules wrote:massive multiplayer online over the internet. I don't mean like two players in one level. I mean dozens of player in a single level. And that they can chat with each other, and the text should appear above their heads.
I would also like to see collision among players. So that they can crash into each other! That would be fun!
Actually a collision mode would be cool indeed. Like a multiplayer mode where the goal is just to bump in each other, like sumo. :P
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

ye, original and cool idea, but i'm not sure, if it is possible to make in "elma"...
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

jonsi wrote:i found out that elma does refresh the lev list if u go in and out from the editor. i think it would be implemented that it refreshes the list every time it goes from a screen to another...maybe a patch is enough...vant be hard to do.
i think it refreshed you you change the screen to one before external..
[carebox]
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

or if your wheel touches someones head theyre dead =)
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

CuLiNo wrote:ye, original and cool idea, but i'm not sure, if it is possible to make in "elma"...
Why not, very simple.
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

would be quite lolz with this mass multiplayer if the bikes could get tangled up in eachother :roll:
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

J-sim wrote:would be quite lolz with this mass multiplayer if the bikes could get tangled up in eachother :roll:
true, but quite fun
sleap
Kuski

Post by sleap »

some replay arranging thingie would be nice.
f.e. putting recs in folders, skipping recs - displaying lev name and best times.
more than 10 besttimes for a level.
maybe turning screen for grav apples?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

sleap wrote: maybe turning screen for grav apples?
Well gravity apples are meant to present a different kind of challenge so that would pretty much remove the point wouldn't it.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

SveinR wrote:
Well gravity apples are meant to present a different kind of challenge so that would pretty much remove the point wouldn't it.
I think it could be cool. Like multi-dimensional Elma without having to be 3D.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
sleap
Kuski

Post by sleap »

SveinR wrote:
i see that different. gravity apples are for me a way to improve the complexity of a level.. more ways/styles possible through it.
i consider the fact that the player is forced to "rethink" the navigation more as disturbung than challenging.. infact there are much harder things in elma than this.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

SveinR wrote:
i absolutely agree
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

if the screen is turned on picking up grav. appls, would alovolt still be clockwise???
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

If u ever had Math in school.. i'd guess that even u would know the answer... hehehe
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

When playing externals (i.e. battles), some kind of feature like "Send to channel", and it would say your time in IRC. That way you wouldn't need to keep minimizing to write your times. This would be especially useful on those 5 min levs and stuff.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

or instead of irc it would be a elma server you connected throuhg in game and the game says time atutomaticly and everyone uploads rec automaticly etc
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Juski wrote:or instead of irc it would be a elma server you connected throuhg in game and the game says time atutomaticly and everyone uploads rec automaticly etc
yea automatic time saying would be cool too, so long as you could switch it off :/ quite mongo if you make one finish then decide you don't want to play anymore but the computer still sends ur time
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

sierra wrote:
Juski wrote:or instead of irc it would be a elma server you connected throuhg in game and the game says time atutomaticly and everyone uploads rec automaticly etc
yea automatic time saying would be cool too, so long as you could switch it off :/ quite mongo if you make one finish then decide you don't want to play anymore but the computer still sends ur time
Well, it would give a definite good view of all the times people pull off. When I play a battle, once a year, I tell every single time, eventhough they suck.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

That would be awesome. But then again if you start two minutes before battle ends it's not really a good thing necessarily. It doesn't give a good picture of how the battle went. The idea though is very good and interesting.
simon_labroue

Post by simon_labroue »

basically my idea is one that could facilitate the lives of the ones of us who are sometimes eager to open up an external level with the editor, move the "Start" place and just go hoyla somewhere on the level so that you can practise a very precise stunt at a particular place of a level before doing the whole run in the original level (so that you might have more chances to chance a good time).

so what if, instead of always needing to open the level editor and to create multiple "temporary" level files always with a different "Start" location, this might be faster for us (like in the in the next version of Elma) if the game could incorporate the option of, before starting the actual "run" of a level in the attempt to do a new record, to move freely the "Start" location (or simply moving your kuski with the keyboard keys, or with the mouse) and just drop it where you wanna start the level for practising, before your "big run; original level" attempt.

N.B.: times done this way should not be counted as "real times", and therefore they should be disqualified and not included in the level file.

so if you wanna start anywhere in the level, just for fun or just for really practising some part of the level, you could, but if you do a good time using this form of playing, it would not be kept recorded (this would somehow be too complicated to compile, you know?).

by example, when you open a level file to play it, you see the level in front of your eyes with the pictures and the grass and the kuski and all that, and then you decide which one of these two options you choose (in the case that you wanna browse though the level while in that "map" mode, or simply start elsewhere):

A) "Real" Start
B) "Fake run"

in option B), you can choose your starting place and the starting velocity of the bike

example:
- position of the starting bike = (300,-17)
- velocity of the bike = (x,y) = (-30,+9) or (+14,-12)

the starting velocity purpose is you can start with some acceleration in the case that you need it.

replay saving while in mode "B" might be enabled, so that if you make a nice stunt you can keep it in your records. (if it's programmable, of course, and not allows someone to cheat)

(constructive criticism, please?)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I think it may be a little too much trouble for such a small problem :wink:

But, the idea is still good. Only the bike velocity may be a problem... looks complicated to me!
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

replays should automatically be saved with each new best time.
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

You shouldn't have to have the .lev file to watch a rec! :P
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

Leeland wrote:replays should automatically be saved with each new best time.
no..

cuz then they would overwrite and that would be bad if my zz rec fx was made lol and I wanted to save it... or perhaps if i use the new style i might wanted to save both styles...

dont be so lazy that everything should be done automatically..
Proud Member Of RDK
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

petsen wrote:
Leeland wrote:replays should automatically be saved with each new best time.
no..

cuz then they would overwrite and that would be bad if my zz rec fx was made lol and I wanted to save it... or perhaps if i use the new style i might wanted to save both styles...

dont be so lazy that everything should be done automatically..
maybe an option to enable this feature