Attitude among people in the scene

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Attitude among people in the scene

Post by dz »

Naturally attitudes change during years and one is much more critical towards almost anything related to the scene after several years of experience. I find it very sad that many find it an obsession to keep their "image" and not just be themselves. For example there is very little conversation at the 'main' game channel #across. Why? It's difficult to say exactly, but I'm afraid one reason is peoples attitude.

It's very common that when a new guy enters the scene the experienced players find it disturbing in some way. That new guy represents every one of us anyway, we were there just earlier. Anyway, there's also the matter of nationatilies which never seems to go into better direction. Again, I'm afraid it's the matter of attitude. With this I mean the the people who visits #across regulary. Maybe it's time to do something different to tell everybody that we care.

All I'm saying that I wish people could be just themselves to everybody and would not try to hide behind their nick and act accordingly the status of their name. New player, old player, we all share the common thing, we like the game.

Naturally I hope I could make some experienced players reply and share their thoughts but I really have my doubts, heh. Also it would be very nice to hear the thougts of newerguys how they feel/have felt about this.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

I think the whole scene feels kind of dead at the moment
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yes, good point. Luther started off with this earlier in his nice 2005 summary. And you're right. People love to keep an attitude, notwithstanding the effect of this; we just keep falling back into clichés, same discussions, no innovations. Sure there are exceptions, but overally we need to loosen ourselves a bit.
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

dz, I totally agree, and it's always nice to see such topics as this one. Though when it comes to main #across, I don't always think it's about attitudes, but more like "across humour".
Nekit for president
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

I feel born again after reading fihlvein's post!

Dunno how long the feeling will last but for now im no longer "juski" i am "a kuski"!
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Luther wrote:Though when it comes to main #across, I don't always think it's about attitudes, but more like "across humour".
That is right but, what is it about jaytea aka sierra ? Is that all a super attitude or is the guy/guys very disturbed ? :wink:

I actually find the scene pretty nice these days. The ones showing the most attitudes are, if you ask me : sierra, bartek, ky jelly and the good old ribot. But, the scene would definitly not be the same without them.

I love attitude!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Luther wrote:Though when it comes to main #across, I don't always think it's about attitudes, but more like "across humour".
That is right but, what is it about jaytea aka sierra ? Is that all a super attitude or is the guy/guys very disturbed ? :wink:

I actually find the scene pretty nice these days. The ones showing the most attitudes are, if you ask me : sierra, bartek, ky jelly and the good old ribot. But, the scene would definitly not be the same without them.

I love attitude!
Kyjelly? Hah, I don't see any difference with his attitude on #across from IRL =) I think he's just Mega :p

Bartek? Just humour there

About Jaytea aka Sierra.... HAHAHAHHAHA :D
Nekit for president
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

This is so right, and the kuski with the worst attitude is Karlis.
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

wouldnt say karlis has the worst, but some operators could be nicer maybe..
Proud Member Of RDK
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

I have been around for some time and I think I have always been friendly to new ppl, at least to a certain point of mongoness.
Yes, it easy to make jokes of them when they say funny things or if they have some other way been marked as somehow special with their acts or archievements, such as zw0rqy, kinda living legend if you ask me :wink:
if jonas has had problems with me, the reason has most likely been that he has acted or said something stupid(imo he has done that very much in the past) and attacked me somehow, I have most likely also revenged that somehow. I dont think its fair to generalize that kind of actions to cover my behaviour towards all the n00bs out there.
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
Jonas
Kuski

Post by Jonas »

I've been around this scene for 4 years and never heard or seen anything nice coming from u Karlis I guess that's why you are so dislikeable :)...And I didn't say your action against n00bs, it's those kind of comments u always say that are the most stupid things. You think everyone is a n00b if they aren't a friend of yours or has a WR. I guess everyone canät agree with everyone but it would be a better scene if some old players didn't see themselves as better then everyone els.
TT: 43:18:94 Jonas [GF]
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

Jonas wrote:I've been around this scene for 4 years and never heard or seen anything nice coming from u Karlis I guess that's why you are so dislikeable :)...And I didn't say your action against n00bs, it's those kind of comments u always say that are the most stupid things. You think everyone is a n00b if they aren't a friend of yours or has a WR. I guess everyone canät agree with everyone but it would be a better scene if some old players didn't see themselves as better then everyone els.
I think you confuse karlis with me here ;(
Nekit for president
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

luther has a cute sheep attitude compared to some ops or moporators :hangover:
39:37,91
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

lalz, you might have missed some of my sarcasm then, sorry if I have insulted you so deeply by calling you a n00b, you shouldnt take #across etc talks so damn literally

The idea behind calling all other players to n00bs isnt that I think im somehow better than they are, its usually totally other way around

I have played this game for a long time but still I get pwned in most contests(battle, externals contests etc) by ppl that hasnt been around that long, at least not as long as I am. Its kinda frustrating to see that some 12 year old Wezz, who has played elma few months, drives pipes million times better than I do and thats when I can pass all that by saying "dame n00b"

I know my elma skills by now and I know I lack behind others in many areas of elma, but at least i have played longer than they have, f***ing n00bs :wink:
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
ElToto
Kuski

Post by ElToto »

Jonas wrote: I guess everyone canät agree with everyone but it would be a better scene if some old players didn't see themselves as better then everyone els.
Completely agree with that.
To link that topic with the "Elma Population" one, we may
think that if <b>some</b> "old players" were not so ... condescending
with new ppl ( :? MP), Elma scene may evolve, and so improve
more easily. It's a quite narrow-minded and deadly behaviour
at the long-term
tomorrow, i stop.
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

ElToto wrote:
Jonas wrote: I guess everyone canät agree with everyone but it would be a better scene if some old players didn't see themselves as better then everyone els.
Completely agree with that.
To link that topic with the "Elma Population" one, we may
think that if <b>some</b> "old players" were not so ... condescending
with new ppl ( :? MP), Elma scene may evolve, and so improve
more easily. It's a quite narrow-minded and deadly behaviour
at the long-term
Sorry I don't understand that ;(

edit: watefak Tomte is ElToto anyway?
Nekit for president
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

i dont find karlis to have any particularly bad attitude (cept when hes drunk and losing to me in a wcup event). but hmm, just imagine if in a few yrs youre one of the last remaining ppl from todays scene. all the players you used to idolize are gone along with a lot of your elma friends from the past. the scene is overrun with ambitious new players who cant relate to you as a veteran..thats prob how karlis feels
ElToto
Kuski

Post by ElToto »

Luther wrote:

ElToto is ElToto. that's all
call me thomas if you want, but I think there is some Xhomaz
or etwas like that in the scene, so...

And to keep on what I said, the reception on the mopolauta is not always what it should be
tomorrow, i stop.
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

ElToto wrote:
Luther wrote:

ElToto is ElToto. that's all
call me thomas if you want, but I think there is some Xhomaz

And to keep on what I said, the reception on the mopolauta is not always what it should be
You can call me Tomas if youd like
Nekit for president
ElToto
Kuski

Post by ElToto »

Luther wrote:
You can call me Tomas if youd like
enchanté, Tomas !
nice photograph. You smoke just cigarets ? :D
tomorrow, i stop.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

We got elastomaniacs for noobs :X mopolauta is for the quality (although i'm very aware i wasn't quality when i first got here, and is not considered by many yet) kuskis!
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Juski wrote:We got elastomaniacs for noobs :X mopolauta is for the quality (although i'm very aware i wasn't quality when i first got here, and is not considered by many yet) kuskis!
It's that attitude which seperates people. No wonder they dont want to show up here when people call them noobs and make them sound worse. But hey you can keep that up if it makes you feel better.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Well atleast the elma scene overall growes.... damnit dz you make me feel so bad ;_;
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

It's true that the reception of new ppl here are not always good, but you can't say it's just so called ops, moderators, pros who are like that. Sometimes when a new player joins lauta like all people are making fun of him.
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

ElToto wrote: call me thomas if you want, but I think there is some Xhomaz
Actually, I think so too!! :D Pretty nice guy..

Regarding the attitude question.. I wouldn't take it so serious. Remember we're all a bunch of elma morons here. Just say something back and go on with your life. No big deal if anyone calls you a n00b..
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

As much as i might often feel like a misfit i still feel a strong sense of love for the scene. i like to piss people off, not because i dislike them or their country but just because it relieves boredom and can bring joy and laughter to others. i like to think of this as bangoing and whilst myself and jaytea certainly did not invent this discipline of comedy i'd like to entertain the notion that i/we have in some way advanced it and improved it.

so if i call you a noob or i type in capitals for no reason it's nothing personal, we can still be friends and who knows maybe i will try out your external pack. but i'll still say it sucks and me and jaytea will enjoy a short laugh on MSN

does this mean i have a bad attitude which is not conducive to the utopia of harmony and peace in elma land? probably. but you should be grateful for people like me for reinventing the culture and stimulating thought-provoking topics such as this very one.

i don't even know if this is relevant to the topic, i only skimmed through it
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Luther
37mins club

Post by Luther »

maxest post sierra :D I agree to teh
Nekit for president
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

we can still be friends and who knows maybe i will try out your external pack.
COPYING SAVING PRINTING... SIERRA I LOVE U, BUT HATEING JAYTEA ANYWWAY :?
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Karlis wrote:Its kinda frustrating to see that some 12 year old Wezz, who has played elma few months, drives pipes million times better than I do and thats when I can pass all that by saying "dame n00b"
Well first of all im 14, and i have been around since December last year, so i wouldnt say taht. But thx for the following compliment :lol:
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

loalz, 14 8O 8O 8O

nice, Wezz, btw who is the youngest on lauta?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

yeah i can agree with what dz said. im one of the best(worst) examples of that, im still acting the same way i did around 2003 spring, never serious, 95% what i say is bs. i have kept that/this image or character up all elma career. though what comes to friends, elma friends, priv conversations im being myself mostly. but across was so phat bullshit always, just like lauta =). i dont know, its weird when i think about it, its just something you are used to be and other people are used to it then also. seriously i couldnt imagine to be serious at #across. it just doesnt fit in the image, does it :/
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

In case no one noticed, I have become an asshole.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

MagnusB wrote:In case no one noticed, I have become an asshole.
I can't remember you being something else.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

tijsjoris wrote: I can't remember you being something else.
More of an asshole then.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well that's not really a problem to you, is it?
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

tijsjoris wrote:Well that's not really a problem to you, is it?
Who said it's a problem? :?
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

MagnusB is not an asshole. I find him one of the few respectable members of the scene. And when I say few i'm talking less than ten people.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

I think one of the problems is that people need to learn not to take everything so seriously all the time, specially in #across :S
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Jeppe
39mins club

Post by Jeppe »

preach them bois skent \o