Balle elma server bug reports

Feature requests and ideas for the new unofficial versions of Elma and general talk related to those.

Moderator: Moporators

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

list update..

1. automatic best balle rec saving and non-automatic upload/download of rec file
2. password checking - SKIPPED (after skint0r is done with site and we have teh server)
3. download via http (not ftp) so it gets faster - SKIPPED (hard to setup, might not work if we move to other server)
4. balle queue - DONE
5. possibility to change keys f1->f10 - DONE
6. possibility to set stable map - DONE
7. disable keys during chatting after all (+try to remove screenshot key, ..)- DONE
8. change balle->battle, nab->kuski(kuski = plural?, or maybe players?) - DONE
9. center startballe window on the screen - DONE
10. separate survivor / slowness battles, slowness will have to be finished (otherwise apples counted) - DONE
11. possibility to hide chat - DONE
12. possibility to hide balle level info - DONE
13. more lines in chat (maybe 5, or over whole screen if some key is pressed) - DONE
14. wildcard bans on the server - DONE
15. check that slowing down replay problem - CHECKED - appears only in vsync off, if you have step 1ms, you can decrease it without changing some hard constants in the game, cant really do anything about it, or atleast not without any major changes
16. show balle aborted message ingame - DONE
17. update lev list after lev download.. might be tricky - DONE
18. remove hidden kuski from f5 list and their results from f7 list - DONE
19. ingame reconnect if lost teh connection, with some f13 - DONE
20. server irc reconnect (prolly some key press required, or maybe automatically) - DONE
21. better frame interpolation and make extreme values appear a bit better - DONE
22. hide chatline after 10 secs - DONE
23. show ballestarter ingame - DONE
24. show new players connected - SKIPPED (voted at irc)
25. fix 1htt bug - DONE
26. show also players that nat play in f5 list - DONE
27. do config prog in BC++, add new options (set keys, stable map) there

only 1. and 27. to go
Last edited by milagros on 7 May 2007, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
[carebox]
Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

Great! Belma gets better all the time =)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

can we already download the version with the features you added lately?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Lukazz wrote:can we already download the version with the features you added lately?
no
[carebox]
Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

milagros wrote:
Lukazz wrote:can we already download the version with the features you added lately?
no
Dang, cruel.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Kale wrote:
milagros wrote:
no
Dang, cruel.
wtf, it would not work with current server anyway
[carebox]
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

Wow Thank you! (mainly for stable map ==)) )
really great work! :beer:
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

What do you mean on your sig by "Will patch WR recs"?

are you gonna make all the best public internal recs availible ingame?
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

A.K.B. wrote:What do you mean on your sig by "Will patch WR recs"?

are you gonna make all the best public internal recs availible ingame?
read that signature again (i havent changed it)
[carebox]
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

lol mila with ur english skills it can mean anything :wink:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

used in the same contest as this

Simply means that he'll work on a patch (belma) in exchange of wr recs... simple !
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

berhabdul wrote:lol mila with ur english skills it can mean anything :wink:
maybe you can teach me some english lessons
[carebox]
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

sure i can TEACH u some ENGLISH LESSONS.
Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

berhabdul wrote:sure i can TEACH u some ENGLISH LESSONS.
Lol :P "Teach english lessons", maybe milagros should take those lessons of english
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Kale wrote:
berhabdul wrote:sure i can TEACH u some ENGLISH LESSONS.
Lol :P "Teach english lessons", maybe milagros should take those lessons of english
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... arch&meta=
[carebox]
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

mila's english ez much bettar then this berhfuck's so i don't get what's so fuckin funny
if someone can't unserstand simple sentence it's only his problem. now just stap teh stupid o/t
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I don't really want to be a part of this but wiELOryB you cant teach anyone some english lessons, what mila wanted to say was "maybe you can teach me some english".
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

skipped over the "for", I get it now.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

It seems that startballe.exe is wrong version. It says "incorrect version 1.004, needed 1.005".
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

I have a "bug" fixing question.. :X
Is it possible to add another checkbox in the config for centering the map inside of the mapframe? I mean its very nice that the map can be on the right side now. But it would be great if it dont moves from right to left if I press "Space".
I mean the same checkbox like "center the camera" but for the map.

I hope you find some time for that :)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

DaFred wrote:I have a "bug" fixing question.. :X
Is it possible to add another checkbox in the config for centering the map inside of the mapframe? I mean its very nice that the map can be on the right side now. But it would be great if it dont moves from right to left if I press "Space".
I mean the same checkbox like "center the camera" but for the map.

I hope you find some time for that :)
center camera ez, i thought this is much better.. took me some time to do teh
ive also spread new startballe (i forgot about the one with stop balle), we played some yesterday so maybe there is only wrong one in zip
[carebox]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Yeah would seem so.
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

ye its nice but otherwise imo a litte annoying in some situations to see the movement in corner of the eye.
So a checkbox for both would be max =)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

some bugs/changes requested
1. some keys nat work in setting - DONE
2. when chatline on, chat should not hide when key is pressed - DONE
3. ingame ballestarter works very occasionally
4. got once wrang message that i won balle, fix teh - DONE
5. some box to center inside map..
6. only one balle by certain ballestarter in the queue
7. i thrink once it didnt save my best balle rec... - DONE
8. 1.3 version mark requested by abula:)
9. name of the rec when its downloaded - DONE
10. same key for upload/download f11 and reconnect moved to f12 - DONE
11. swapped hiding chat/balle status - DONE
12. fix some typos - DONE
13. 1min between balles - DONE

ex fixes but nat really going to do that soon
Last edited by milagros on 12 May 2007, 13:15, edited 7 times in total.
[carebox]
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Show ballequeue in irc after results, also calculate their total playing time.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

I wish there was an ability to see if someone is spying you; if I for example spy Markku he would see that "you are been spyed by dz"
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Some things about the newest version.

1. Thank you milagros, it seems to be ready soon :) I appreciate your work a lot, and might even donate some money.
2. Bugs: In addition to the bugs you mentioned in your list: the time which shows time left shows it wrongly sometimes
3. I'd like to see rec filename in the 'winning rec uploaded' text
4. I'd like to see battle queue somewhere in the game
5. Can you do anything about the keyboard settings? At least question mark and all the parentheses seemed to be in wrong places.
6. Can you change the picture and the text 'Elasto Mania 1.2' to 1.3 if you are going to make it the version 1.3?
7. If the game name changes to elma 1.3, then maybe #ballelma is not the right channel anymore (an it should be #belma anyway). What about moving the balleserver etc. to #battle? Of course after you have got ops there.
8. However, I wouldn't rely much on irc because I want to play the game sometimes without irc and there are many noobs who doesn't even know what it is.
9. About dz's proposition, i don't like the idea that I see when somebody is spying me. Very often i just press F2 and go through all players, it would cause much alerts on ppl's screens. And I like the spying/hiding system as it is now, don't change it.
10. Are the levs and recs saved to server? If yes, it could be the ultimate source of elma levels in the future.
11. Is it gonna be skint0r's or zworqy's server or moposite or what? Maybe too early to ask this question.
12. Are you gonna make any documentation of the program? At least some kind of readme for noobs would be good (veezay's site is something but pretty outdated and very far from complete). If not, maybe I could make something.

ok, that was pretty much it.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

zebra wrote:Some things about the newest version.

1. Thank you milagros, it seems to be ready soon :) I appreciate your work a lot, and might even donate some money.
2. Bugs: In addition to the bugs you mentioned in your list: the time which shows time left shows it wrongly sometimes
5. Can you do anything about the keyboard settings? At least question mark and all the parentheses seemed to be in wrong places.
6. Can you change the picture and the text 'Elasto Mania 1.2' to 1.3 if you are going to make it the version 1.3?
7. If the game name changes to elma 1.3, then maybe #ballelma is not the right channel anymore (an it should be #belma anyway). What about moving the balleserver etc. to #battle? Of course after you have got ops there.
8. However, I wouldn't rely much on irc because I want to play the game sometimes without irc and there are many noobs who doesn't even know what it is.
9. About dz's proposition, i don't like the idea that I see when somebody is spying me. Very often i just press F2 and go through all players, it would cause much alerts on ppl's screens. And I like the spying/hiding system as it is now, don't change it.
10. Are the levs and recs saved to server? If yes, it could be the ultimate source of elma levels in the future.
11. Is it gonna be skint0r's or zworqy's server or moposite or what? Maybe too early to ask this question.
12. Are you gonna make any documentation of the program? At least some kind of readme for noobs would be good (veezay's site is something but pretty outdated and very far from complete). If not, maybe I could make something.

3. I would like a "winning rec can be downloaded now" text
5. American keboard layout...
7. #ballelma is a legend, you can't modify legends :)
10. Obviously they are saved to a server, currently skint0rs. I guess they will be saved on the server when one is found
11. I don't have a server! (can't run programs on zworqy.com)
12. My belma_readme.txt is not good enough? :(
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

zebra wrote:Some things about the newest version.

1. thanks, i don't want any money..
2. dont think, there is any problem.. the only problem might be that windows (or atleast zwoqry's comp) restarts udp averagely once during an hour, so if you alt-tab, time is not adjusted for some time, it wasn't a problem on jcl's server
3. ez, also ez to change to 'can be downloaded'
4. possible but client now doesnt know whats in, maybe in irc with some !queue
5. cant really do anything about it, thats the one directx uses, if there is function to map it to any other, ez to use, otherwise i cant really detect your keyboard layout
6. ooh, anyone can change it for me?:)
7. dunno, #ballelma is maybe more known for ballelma players
10.its saved on skint0r's ftp
1.. we dont have any server witght now, we're running on zworqy's computer, that's why no stats yet (and there were on jcl's)
12. zworqy's readme is ok, and i dont need to document sources
[carebox]
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

Sorry zworqy, i forgot your readme. It's a good start but many things should be added there. More explaining of things that it could be read by noobs. For example, what is alovolt, what is the number in autosaved rec filenames, what does the mystical 'skip FTP' do?
It's also outdated, i see some ballelmaConf12.exe which is old name.
Maybe when you are seeing questions in irc, you could instantly write them down to readme.txt.

Also add empty lev/rec folders and default/hollow.lgr to the zip, please?

And I think #ballelma is not yet so legendary that we couldn't change it.

Also some more things: :)
13. I would like to get a notice that my rec was automatically saved. Now it feels pretty mystical that it's saved and not told anywhere.
14. Maybe more lines of chat visible when pressing F9?
15. When battle is aborted, would be nice to see text 'battle aborted by xxx' instead of 'battle ended' or whatever it shows now.

heh, i hope you don't get frustrated when i'm flooding these things here.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

I have just a question I dont understand..

If battle is over and the winner presses F11 for uploading wherefrom did the rec coming?
Is belma temporary saveing the rec of player whos the leader atm?
And if s.o. was leader but at the end hes not winner will that temprec be killed?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

zebra wrote:Sorry zworqy, i forgot your readme. It's a good start but many things should be added there. More explaining of things that it could be read by noobs. For example, what is alovolt, what is the number in autosaved rec filenames, what does the mystical 'skip FTP' do?
It's also outdated, i see some ballelmaConf12.exe which is old name.
Maybe when you are seeing questions in irc, you could instantly write them down to readme.txt.

Also add empty lev/rec folders and default/hollow.lgr to the zip, please?

And I think #ballelma is not yet so legendary that we couldn't change it.

Also some more things: :)
13. I would like to get a notice that my rec was automatically saved. Now it feels pretty mystical that it's saved and not told anywhere.
14. Maybe more lines of chat visible when pressing F9?
15. When battle is aborted, would be nice to see text 'battle aborted by xxx' instead of 'battle ended' or whatever it shows now.

heh, i hope you don't get frustrated when i'm flooding these things here.
13. dunno, quite unnecessary, it shuold save your rec everytime you have beaten your old time (there is one bug there so it doesnt really)
14. not enough space (in 640x480, dunno about other)
15. it says balle aborted (not by whom)

and about that rec - its automatically saved on your comp (now there is some bug so it saves only when you're leading) and and the end server tell the winner to upload his to skint0r's ftp
[carebox]
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

So everyone who was leading has a rec in his recfolder?
Is it possible to delete those if you dont win?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

DaFred wrote:So everyone who was leading has a rec in his recfolder?
Is it possible to delete those if you dont win?
i want to fix some detail so everyone who played will have his own best rec, not really worth to delete
[carebox]
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

zworqy wrote:3. I would like a "winning rec can be downloaded now" text
oh now i noticed there already is one... :)

Another thing: timestamp in chat would be nice
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

zworqy wrote:
zworqy wrote:3. I would like a "winning rec can be downloaded now" text
oh now i noticed there already is one... :)

Another thing: timestamp in chat would be nice
not really, not everyone uses huge resolutions. so space is premium.
39:37,91
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

i got one proposal to confider if Mila decides do make teh 1.3: int tt viewed after driving every best time or at least via teh menu
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

wiElOryB wrote:i got one proposal to confider if Mila decides do make teh 1.3: int tt viewed after driving every best time or at least via teh menu
i didnt decide to do 1.3, this is 1.3
[carebox]
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

than 1.31 or 1.3.1 olla 1.4 oder teh elma 2,5
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

wiElOryB wrote:than 1.31 or 1.3.1 olla 1.4 oder teh elma 2,5
but you know, your total time in menu will not really improve any game playing or what (pros do best time quite rarely anyway and dont really care about tt that much) and i haven't done anything with that so would have to study the code a bit and i'm lazy
[carebox]
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

always when i win a battle (ok that has happened only twice since 1.005) and i press F11 my computer totally fucks up, i can't even press ctrl alt delete, pls help me, thats really annoying
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Lukazz wrote:always when i win a battle (ok that has happened only twice since 1.005) and i press F11 my computer totally fucks up, i can't even press ctrl alt delete, pls help me, thats really annoying
i guess it has something to do with not being able to connect to ftp.. i think if you wait a lot there will be ping timeout
no idea what to do:/
i was thinking about redoing it but it was too complicated

all bugs are supposed to be fixed, i might spread new version today
[carebox]
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

One small request:

A "hide all kuskis(nabs) except the one you are spectating (spying)" button.

So many people playing nowadays, it is hard to spectate others, especially on small levels.

edit: oh i see berh already suggested this.
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

ez hide sections of teh balle text, not the whole thing. for example time left visible only, no leader balle
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

spying will be done this way:
if others are hidden and you spy kuski, you will see only that one and you (cant hide yourself), if others not hidden, it will be the same as before

also will add that hiding of leader text

..so new version later when i find time to do this
[carebox]
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

max nice that leader change, now can have the essential stuff on screen no annoyances like chat + leader ( using chat between battles is max of course)
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

I noticed that it's not working correctly when NAT is enabled if you have 2 computers in the same subnet.
We were playing belma at weekend with my brother and we have 2 computers in same subnet and NAT enabled. The list of battle standings came only to the other computer, actually it came there two times (each nick was twice in the list). Also spying others nor chat didn't work in the other computer.
However, downloading of the lev did work and we both got our times to the results.

Sometimes when you are spying someone, and the connection breaks up (= you see when the connection is broken) it can take long time before the 'connection lost' -text comes to screen. Why the delay?
Also the text could be something like 'connection lost, press F12 to reconnect'
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

with that NAT thing it works like this :
if yur NAT is on, both computers on one subnet look to have same ip for the server, server can't really recognize them (for udp) and send data to the one server wants. Server sends data to ip/port and router forwards. It works like that in every game, onyl diff is that you might set up 20 different ports and then server sends data to different ports which are forwarded to different computers. I can't really do anything about it:/
I show message that connection lost right after computer recognises it. There is (p;robably) some internal ping for tcp which works automatically and I can't control it. The same thing is for any sockets, also in irc my comp recognises it after a while.. that text with f12 to reconnect can be updated some day
[carebox]
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

when i toggle on/off leader of battle it has to be like that:

leader from battle status shown
leader from battle status hidden

but it is:

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

CuLiNo wrote:when i toggle on/off leader of battle it has to be like that:

leader from battle status hidden

but it is:

will fix later (btw should be in battle status, if its not)
[carebox]