Golden Apple Awards 2007

General discussion about the games and the scene.

Moderator: Moporators

zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Costyan_DRE wrote:i don't agree with jury that best lev is huuuge lev.
so, i have almost no choice =/
There are so THOUSANDS of smaller/normal levels that we just can't select one/two of those to win the GAA award. Because if we had selected some normal levels, it would have been very hard to reason why exactly those. They has to be at least played in a cup so that people have some stories to tell about those levels. A huge level is one that you don't see every day, so they are easier to choose. I admit that the size of a level isn't a reason why we should nominate it, but usually the levels which are bigger are also better or at least ppl have put more effort into them. A höylä level can be made in 5 minutes, a bigger cup level may need 5 hours. Think why noobs normally make only small levels, when bigger levels are usually made by more experienced designers. That's why even if you would like the smaller levels more (yes, i like also battle levels many times) we can't nominate them.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

Zweq wrote:what's the logic in this:
WR
10. The Steppes 11,09 Zweq #266 -1st wr with new style, was improved to 10,81
54. Apple Harvest 1:15,25 John #265 -3rd wr with new style, is the current wr

im suggesting that it should be 10,81 steppes

also bit odd that the best style of the year(contributed by both me and john), apple h, isnt on the list. over 8 seconds have been cut so far and there is potential for 2-3 more( yes john played like one day for 1.15). we are talking about 10-11 seconds improvement on an internal level here, while people struggle to improve them more than 0,05. dont you think?
I understand the steppes WR if it was first WR with the new style. Dunno about apple harvest, I haven't been observing WRs lately.

axxu says the style is his and that it was not nominated because you seem not to know whose style it is and when it was invented.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

milagros wrote:no offense but how the fuck did you get in?
we made an exception because berhabdul was only few hours late. Dunno was he late intentionally or not but it doesn't matter.
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

Milagros was talking to Lukazz. I missed the time because I felt asleep in front of the comp. Thanks for the exception.
Costya
Kuski

Post by Costya »

zebra wrote:
There are so THOUSANDS of smaller/normal levels that we just can't select one/two of those to win the GAA award.
that's why there is first step: to chose from that THOUSANDS of smaller/normal levels some dozens of extraordinary.
zebra wrote:I admit that the size of a level isn't a reason why we should nominate it, but usually the levels which are bigger are also better or at least ppl have put more effort into them. A höylä level can be made in 5 minutes, a bigger cup level may need 5 hours. Think why noobs normally make only small levels, when bigger levels are usually made by more experienced designers. That's why even if you would like the smaller levels more (yes, i like also battle levels many times) we can't nominate them.
no matter how many efforts and time were spended at the lev. jp1336 (last year nominee) almost briliant, but hardly done more than one hour.
here i see logic like this: author great and skiled designer and as he made huge lev he must put all his efforts to do great lev, so it must be nominated. i agree with all points but last. we (community) must decide is this lev greate(this kind of levs) or not, but we have no choice.
i'm also apset that there isn't well grahics work. design are ordinary and boring.
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I just want to add that the size doesn't matter. jp's jp1336 was the best level I've ever laid eyes or fingers on and it deserved to win imo :) I would be sad if only long levels win because more time and effort has been shown in them. anyways, thats how I feel.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Where do I find the trance remix of EDQ?!
Raven
Moporator
Team: MiE

Post by Raven »

milagros wrote:i guess lukazz is same surprised he got in
38tt is really not hard these days
i guess the only problem was who else to nominate

only these guys got wr in tables 254-277 :
Zweq, Dariuz, Jarkko, milagros, Ded, axxu, Xiphias, Memphis, proDigy, zyntifox, Kazan, John, Tm, OtorK, mr

most of them(us) got in only one or two levs
what about me? ;d
Seize the day
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

Raven wrote:what about me? ;d
#233 24,41 Raven [TEM]
#240 43,00 Raven [GF]
not in last year
[carebox]
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

Costyan_DRE wrote:
zebra wrote:
There are so THOUSANDS of smaller/normal levels that we just can't select one/two of those to win the GAA award.
that's why there is first step: to chose from that THOUSANDS of smaller/normal levels some dozens of extraordinary.
Then we didn't you pick some smaller/normal levels in the first step?
Costyan_DRE wrote:
zebra wrote:I admit that the size of a level isn't a reason why we should nominate it, but usually the levels which are bigger are also better or at least ppl have put more effort into them. A höylä level can be made in 5 minutes, a bigger cup level may need 5 hours. Think why noobs normally make only small levels, when bigger levels are usually made by more experienced designers. That's why even if you would like the smaller levels more (yes, i like also battle levels many times) we can't nominate them.
no matter how many efforts and time were spended at the lev. jp1336 (last year nominee) almost briliant, but hardly done more than one hour.
here i see logic like this: author great and skiled designer and as he made huge lev he must put all his efforts to do great lev, so it must be nominated. i agree with all points but last. we (community) must decide is this lev greate(this kind of levs) or not, but we have no choice.
i'm also apset that there isn't well grahics work. design are ordinary and boring.
jp1336 had cool tricks, i admit. But at least I didn't find any so clever level this year. That's maybe because the community didn't give us enough candidates. About the design thing, I think the playability is more important than design, that's why we rejected for example Juble's YouVee level. Nice design is a of course good thing but it isn't everything. Maybe belma and its thousands of battles have killed the need to decorate the levels? Maybe we should blame the designers (us) for not adding any graphics to levels.

But now it's too late to affect this year's nominates. Let's fix this next year, won't we?

Proposition: Would the level category need more than 10 nominees? if for example 30 levels were nominated, there would be more levels for everybody.
zebra
Kuski

Post by zebra »

Polarix wrote:Where do I find the trance remix of EDQ?!
Download EDQ full version and change audio track to trance.
Coc0k
39mins club

Post by Coc0k »

level = idea+design!

zebra, you can touch your playability in your ass!
ez 500 sms
Costya
Kuski

Post by Costya »

disagree, playability is important
Costya
Kuski

Post by Costya »

zebra wrote:
Proposition: Would the level category need more than 10 nominees? if for example 30 levels were nominated, there would be more levels for everybody.
would be nice. mb even 20
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

zebra wrote: jp1336 had cool tricks, i admit. But at least I didn't find any so clever level this year. That's maybe because the community didn't give us enough candidates. About the design thing, I think the playability is more important than design, that's why we rejected for example Juble's YouVee level. Nice design is a of course good thing but it isn't everything. Maybe belma and its thousands of battles have killed the need to decorate the levels? Maybe we should blame the designers (us) for not adding any graphics to levels.

But now it's too late to affect this year's nominates. Let's fix this next year, won't we?

I agree. Come to think about it, it's really our fault that those cool levs didn't get nominated. Will do a better job next year :). And I think 5 levels is enough really.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

zebra wrote:
Zweq wrote:what's the logic in this:
WR
10. The Steppes 11,09 Zweq #266 -1st wr with new style, was improved to 10,81
54. Apple Harvest 1:15,25 John #265 -3rd wr with new style, is the current wr

im suggesting that it should be 10,81 steppes

also bit odd that the best style of the year(contributed by both me and john), apple h, isnt on the list. over 8 seconds have been cut so far and there is potential for 2-3 more( yes john played like one day for 1.15). we are talking about 10-11 seconds improvement on an internal level here, while people struggle to improve them more than 0,05. dont you think?
I understand the steppes WR if it was first WR with the new style. Dunno about apple harvest, I haven't been observing WRs lately.

axxu says the style is his and that it was not nominated because you seem not to know whose style it is and when it was invented.
you do realise(the jury) that drawing a fantasy picture 3 years ago is about same thing as karlis seeing wet dreams about 45 ramp frenzy back in 2001, does that mean ramp is old secret fm style and should not be nominated.

either way we talked about it with axxu already and it couldn't matter less at this point, I can blame myself too for denying to be part of the jury
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

milagros wrote:
Raven wrote:what about me? ;d
#233 24,41 Raven [TEM]
#240 43,00 Raven [GF]
not in last year
ooh, yes i understand now.
Seize the day
Coco
Kuski

Post by Coco »

I thought to appear in contribution section for runreplayonline... may be not enougth important ? :cry:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Coco wrote:I thought to appear in contribution section for runreplayonline... may be not enougth important ? :cry:
Well it's difficult for us in the jury to remember everything (but of course, we are supposed to..) so it's pivotal that the community gives us suggestions to look over. And we didn't see anyone suggest you, but of course we should have remembered ourselves as well. But the nominees we have now in Contribution are very good, so I can't promise you would've been nominated if I had remembered.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
enil
Kuski

Post by enil »

asd
Raven
Moporator

Post by Raven »

enil wrote:asd
spam! >:(
Seize the day
Scruffy the janitor
Kuski

Post by Scruffy the janitor »

GAA awards are rigged.

<xxxx> why my level is teh gayest pasibel in GAA?
<skint0r> : dunoz
<xxxx> noone voted for it
<xxxx> other levs of mine got 2 votes and 1 vote
<SveinR> what lev
<xxxx> what level got 2 votes or what lev got there?
<SveinR> xxxx.lev (2)
<xxxx> yes
<SveinR> some of xxxx battle levs are simply great (1)
<SveinR> xxxx.lev by xxxx (1)
<xxxx> dont even have that one 8)
<xxxx> the one which is nominated got 0 votes as far as i know
<SveinR> yes
<SveinR> except
<SveinR> who knows which levs the person who said "some of xxxx's battle levs" meant
<xxxx> well anyway, why is that suck balls level teer?
<SveinR> don't ask me
<xxxx> who put it teer?
<xxxx> you!
<SveinR> nah
<SveinR> there are six people in the jury
<xxxx> this is sabotage
<SveinR> against what
<SveinR> your reputation as a levmaker?
<xxxx> yes
<xxxx> obv the jury is full of incompetent fools
<SveinR> i picked them to be
<SveinR> obviously
<xxxx> yes
<xxxx> whole awards are a sham
<SveinR> of course
<xxxx> its a fucking disgrace
<SveinR> i think we'll rig the results as well
<xxxx> i know you will
<SveinR> haven't quite decided on all the winners yet though
Now hold on, Iron Joe...
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

STOP THE PRESSES! OMg sach rigg0ring!

btw xxxx = jappe2, no? aka YOU
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

I wonder what have i done this year to make it to the 3rd step except playing some uni and making few smart-ass posts here and there at lauta. But hey, thanks :)
8-ball wrote:ye 38tt > 2 wrs
milagros wrote:nah, 38tt < 2 wrs
Who cares? Both suck. 38tt can be driven easily with current styles. Not with best ones, but easiest ones. And 2 wrs isnt a threat for the hoyla with a 38tt too. It's just a matter of patience, not skill, to get them. Dont want to offend anyone - under the word "easy" i've meant something like "easy for a GAA guy", who is obviously not ordinary.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

You have now 1 week left to give your votes!
Rules | FAQ
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i don't wanna sound bigheaded, but everybody's saying that 38TT is so fucking easy. why do only about 30 ppl have 38 TT then?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

because all others are nabs
[carebox]
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

milagros wrote:because all others are nabs
Correct. If you have tt 39 or higher you are a facking nab. In fact, there should be 2 "New internal times" tropics, one called "New internal times (the really)" and the other called "New nab tims (don't bother reading, total nabs fak lol)" and you could only post in the 1st one if you had 38tt or lower.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

I also say: 39 sucks, its easy. But we say this as soon as we did it.
We also know that if all elma players play hours, weeks and months, in one year or less (like Honza :* or Honza2) sooner or later they will do 3x.

Why only 60~ players with 3x tt? "come on cheater, cuz the rest of players dont care about fucking tts"
3xtt is not impsy, that is sure. But if someone want it he must hoyl, hoyl and hoyl.
Be proud of your tt Lukazz. Dont care about the rest.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

36 sucks, id be happy with a tt where every level was actually done to the max. but then you notice when you have done 30 max times in 2 years, you got much better and teh times from last year arent max

hoyling sucks, just try new styles and give them to me
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

2 days left to give your vote!

Only 23 out of 50 people has voted thus far, so I hope the only reason for that is that you just haven't figured out completely what to vote for yet and wants to wait right until the deadline.
Rules | FAQ
KD
Kuski

Post by KD »

SveinR: exactly. :)
Thinking is not entertainment but an obligation! - Strugatsky bros
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

2 thoughts:
1. why the fuck is berh allowed to vote?
2. can't think of any reason why Boomer (maybe i missed something...) is nominated in Internalist category together with Lukazz and axxu is not
Costya
Kuski

Post by Costya »

wiElOryB wrote:2 thoughts:
2. can't think of any reason why Boomer (maybe i missed something...) is nominated in Internalist category together with Lukazz and axxu is not
mb internalist isn't the same as huge skill and spending some time at internals?
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

wiElOryB wrote:2 thoughts:
1. why the fuck is berh allowed to vote?
write reasons for wich he should not vote. (belma IS NOT Lauta)
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

9 hours left to give your vote!

Still 19 people has not voted.
Rules | FAQ
undient
Kuski

Post by undient »

Only 3 of 10 levels in the "levels" section deserve my vote :/ really, guys:

3 LEVELS BY 8BALL?

what kind of crap is this? Yup, he's a good levelmaker, but...pf
oh fak. Using this account cos i lost real account's pass and noone can give it to me now D:

||2:high:xx TT after 7 years hoyling group||
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

shut the hell up.
39:37,91
undient
Kuski

Post by undient »

Then, the next time there should be another section for BALLE LEVS...
oh fak. Using this account cos i lost real account's pass and noone can give it to me now D:

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Undiente, what do you exactly mean with that comment?
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

undient wrote:Only 3 of 10 levels in the "levels" section deserve my vote :/ really, guys:

3 LEVELS BY 8BALL?

what kind of crap is this? Yup, he's a good levelmaker, but...pf
overrated
undient
Kuski

Post by undient »

tijsjoris wrote:Undiente, what do you exactly mean with that comment?
goto ->
Sla wrote:overrated
Nah, theres no reason to nominate 3 levels by one single levelmaker as if there were no more nice levels...

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Stop complaining, start contributing.

Make good levels, and make them known to us. Make good suggestions for GAA's for example. We are no all knowing and almighty gods.

And to dismiss these levels as unworthy is dumb and ignorant.
undient
Kuski

Post by undient »

tijsjoris wrote:And to dismiss these levels as unworthy is dumb and ignorant.
And insulting me is way more intelligent.

Oh man, I played many interesting levels by many different levelmakers in the first Step, and now what I find? Not much variety...

I doubt that if i contributed with some of my long levels and such, something could have changed :/

8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

but we will never see cause you DIDN'T CONTRIBUTE.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

wiElOryB wrote:2. can't think of any reason why Boomer (maybe i missed something...) is nominated in Internalist category together with Lukazz and axxu is not
There were only 10 nominees for that category I guess.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Boomer wrote:
wiElOryB wrote:2. can't think of any reason why Boomer (maybe i missed something...) is nominated in Internalist category together with Lukazz and axxu is not
There were only 10 nominees for that category I guess.
:-D
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

55 minutes left to give your vote!

Still 15 people have not voted.
Rules | FAQ
enil
Kuski

Post by enil »

HURRY UP FFS NOABS
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The deadline for submitting your votes in the third step has passed!
Rules | FAQ