IMDB votelists

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Kazan
34mins club

Re: IMDB votelists

Post by Kazan »

This Means War - 9/10 laughed all time
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

the fountain - 10/10 upon 2nd viewing
no strings attached - 5/10
going the distance - 7/10 because can relate to
quarantine - 6/10
naked lunch - 6/10
the final destination - 5/10
final destination 5 - 6/10
date night - 7/10
[rec]2 - 7/10
the dictator - 1/10
bruno - 1/10
39:37,91
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Project X - 8/10 apart from anything
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Men in Black 3 - 6/10
Prometheus - 7/10
Prometheus might be promoted to an 8 later.

Had a good evening at the theatre when I, for once, wasn't working there.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Avengers Assemble (2012) - 8/10
Totally unexpected awesomeness!! :D No wonder it broke all the box office records

John: I saw a trailer of Prometheus, it seemed kinda like a re-god-knows-what of Alien and a few others, wasn't it annoying?

I totally hate trailers by now -.- gonna have no pleasure of watching spiderman now, knowing what's going to happen. I hate people judging films from trailers too (like that one guy from around here, was it you snajdog?)
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Pawq wrote:I hate people judging films from trailers too (like that one guy from around here, was it you snajdog?)
yes was it me o.O -> I hate people judging films from titles :D. For example you mentioned seen The tree of life some days ago. Why have you seen this film? Checked on IMDB, short summary is the following: "A family with three boys in the 1950s. The eldest son witnesses the loss of innocence."
VeRy interesting - must see film, at least the summary says it o..OO. hope you felt the irony.

Trailers are important. Short summary of the given film. It gives you a small piece from the film therefore you can choose you would like to check or not.

*edit: short summary-> meant to be summary about the introduction, but you can get it if you read the next sentence.
Last edited by snajdig on 4 Jun 2012, 15:13, edited 2 times in total.
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

BAD trailers are summaries of the film.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

exactly -.- good trailers make you want to see the film WITHOUT telling ANYTHING about the plot -.-

and i haven't seen The Tree of Life yet
and I never follow neither titles nor descriptions, but opinions and staff. i've heard that the tree is a fantastic film and lots of people said it was too complicated for them (which makes me wonder whether I will fully understand it), plus ive heard that pitt played a great role there, that's why im going to watch it.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Pawq plz, you said some time ago that you don't like movies that much. Now sun up for the longest time in da whole year and you're doing this? Please tell me it's a joke or justify it somehow, don't make me tear out my hair while oilyly grimacing my ugly face
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Pawq wrote:exactly -.- good trailers make you want to see the film WITHOUT telling ANYTHING about the plot
yes, i wrote bad, dunno why.But actually in most (ok, let's be 50-50) of films obvious what will happen. Mainly action films. But DOES matter a lot how.
For example Avengers, I haven't seen the film and I won't because crap. But I am sure they will kick everybody's ass. Often the road more enjoyable than to reach the goal.
Last edited by snajdig on 4 Jun 2012, 15:09, edited 2 times in total.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

lol who cares what will happen gtfo
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

abruzzi wrote:lol who cares what will happen gtfo
Ok, for nabs like you matter a lot. I am sure you are a big fan of Jackie Chan. I can imagine easily you are roaring in front of the TV and say:COME ON Jackie you can beat them COME ONNNNNNN. And when he beated them, you are wonder how could he do it for 10x times o.O.

abruzzi, what is your favourite films? /apart from Jackie Chan, Bud Spencer and Chuck Norris films/
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

tl;dr

shut up i don't watch any movies ever so gtfo

lol gtfo with those movies who would stare at this idiot screen watching some shit lol wtf
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

avoid this tropic then pls
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Pawq wrote:avoid this tropic then pls
+

and let me quote you abruzzi: gtfo
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Berh's opinion on reading fiction?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Lousku wrote:Berh's opinion on reading fiction?
? didn't get it o.O
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

You didn't need to.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Prometheus - 6/10
Shame (2011) - 6/10
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Project X ?/10

Was very weird movie, cannot even rate. Felt so realistic to me that it was intense, especially because the character Thomas' mindset was pretty much is identical to mine. We even look alike imo, so it was like watching a movie about myself. The character Costa was pretty much hokku (don't look alike though).
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

Is it abruzzi discussing whether or not one should watch "idiotic screens" (especially in the summer) or not at 2 pm on the 4th of June? Talking the talk without walking the walk o/
Boomer wrote:Prometheus - 6/10
Shame (2011) - 6/10
Did you watch these right after one another? Michael Fassbender might have ruined it for you, being in both... I like his acting but seeing him in two movies in a row might have ruined the illusion.

What to expect - 4/10
Unfunny comedy though it had its moments.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

snajdig wrote:some posts

You are idiot. :beer:

Trailers tend to be no indication of how good a film actually is. They chuck a lot of the better parts in the trailer to make the movie attract the masses, but if you had any dignity, you go to a film because you want to see it, not because a trailer. Now they releasing several trailers per movie and i try hard to avoid seeing them because they try to give me false expectations on the movie. For instance, Trailers for Scott Pilgrim vs. the world were probably shocking, but the movie was pretty good.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Haruhi wrote:Trailers tend to be no indication of how good a film actually is. They chuck a lot of the better parts in the trailer to make the movie attract the masses, but if you had any dignity, you go to a film because you want to see it, not because a trailer. Now they releasing several trailers per movie and i try hard to avoid seeing them because they try to give me false expectations on the movie. For instance, Trailers for Scott Pilgrim vs. the world were probably shocking, but the movie was pretty good.
I can't agree on with you. My statament based on my experience. You can figure out from trailers film is interesting or not. Enough 10-15 seconds or less. Trailer shows the mood of the film, that is what matters.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

John wrote:
Boomer wrote:Prometheus - 6/10
Shame (2011) - 6/10
Did you watch these right after one another? Michael Fassbender might have ruined it for you, being in both... I like his acting but seeing him in two movies in a row might have ruined the illusion.
Hmm.. about 20 hours apart with Shame first. Like his acting too but I'm not sure whether this ruined it for me. Perhaps you have a point, dunno.

Anyway, Shame is good but very slow-paced but it becomes more interesting when the female lead roles is introduced. Perhaps should give it a 7 instead now that I think about it. Prometheus has nice scenography and visuals but I think Alien (1979) is superior in almost all aspects. Prometheus has some really good parts but I felt kind of empty afterwards. "Jaha, bra film men vad gav den mig? Inga bestående intryck efteråt liksom."
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

snajdig wrote:
I can't agree on with you. My statament based on my experience. You can figure out from trailers film is interesting or not. Enough 10-15 seconds or less. Trailer shows the mood of the film, that is what matters.
"I can figure out in 15seconds of disjointed footage if a 2 hour movie is good." Trailers don't show the mood of the film, rather that's what makes trailers usually bad - the snippets CANNOT show the mood of the film imo. Oh well.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

snajdig wrote:I can't agree on with you. My statament based on my experience. You can figure out from trailers film is interesting or not. Enough 10-15 seconds or less. Trailer shows the mood of the film, that is what matters.
jesus fucking christ, stop embarrassing yourself
Haru thank you for your every word, even "oh"
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Pawq wrote:jesus fucking christ, stop embarrassing yourself
Lol, We have different views, nothing more, don't think would be embarassing....
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

nope, sorry, but Haru's universal truth pretty well outguns your heresy, it's not a matter of views ;/
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Everything is a matter of view.. Not saying I agree with snajdig, but you have to use something to decide which movies to watch, you can't watch every single one. I rarely watch trailers because they often reveal too much, and rely on a movie's imdb page instead (which also can reveal too much in just two lines plot summary sometimes).

Eventhough they can be wrong how else than watching trailer would you propose to have an idea of the mood of the movie before watching?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Ask a friend. That doesn't matter whatsoever though, because those damn trailers completely spoil the fun of watching a film. The makers of Inception teaser should get a fucking oscar for making everybody eager without revealing anything about the plot.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5VDKVqvo8M)
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Pawq wrote:Ask a friend. That doesn't matter whatsoever though, because those damn trailers completely spoil the fun of watching a film. The makers of Inception teaser should get a fucking oscar for making everybody eager without revealing anything about the plot.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5VDKVqvo8M)

i don't get you what's so special in this boring trailer...
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

Prometheus - 8/10
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

How to Train Your Dragon (2010) - 8/10 -> 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg in the end i almost cried from how i love it <33
John
first 35tt

Post by John »

The Woman in Black (2012) - 7/10
Haven't seen that many horror movies so I don't know if this is a good horror movie or not but it was really unpleasant to watch. I actually dreamt about a woman in black the night after seeing it. I learned her habits in the dream though and in the end I did some wrestling move and defeated her ;D
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Sexmission (1984) - 8/10
one of the best polish movies I've seen, total rotfl :D acting by Jerzy Stuhr, one of the most famous polish actors, was just INGENIOUS :D
+tits

Dogma (1999) - 6/10
lawl)
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Changed my mind, I share my points

Hannibal rising - 4/10
Phone Booth 6/10

I recommend the 2. to watch, Unique one
Last edited by snajdig on 23 Jun 2012, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Chronicle (2012) - 3/10
jesus, mostly just PAIN

Whatever Works (2009) - 7/10
good 8) it's terrifying that it has the same av. vote at imdb as chronicle -.-
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

the longest days in the whole year and you are watching movies? what a crying shame!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

15c, thick fog and rain outside, and yes, im watching movies
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

abruzzi wrote:the longest days in the whole year and you are watching movies? what a crying shame!
longest days in the whole year and you are writing shilly things on lauta ohhh and sorry for not being outside in 24/24 hours a day :wink2:
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Listen to berh and go watch football instead.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

to watch grown men run after a ball and drop in agony from the slightest touch by an opponent? i don't see why i wouldn't want to get in on that shit
39:37,91
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

i fucking hate italians
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

plz hate movies too :x
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

The silence of the Lambs 7/10 a bit overrated movie, 7 is very max
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

watch it in a few years and say it again ._.

Men in Black 3 (2012) - 5/10
Nothing Special at its best
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Pawq wrote:watch it in a few years and say it again ._.
anthony hopkins did his best, liked it very much, no doubt
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Hitch (2005) - 7/10
cool)) last sentence made me like it much more, just like in Whatever Works :p