Pets

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

got a little dog for christmas
TT ~ 50:42
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

Our family has bought a dog 2months ago, a dwarf"Pudel" :P mainly cus we cant have pets but his hair is good somehow so that tiny "dog" is ok... btw hes name is Hector... damn ceol ;)
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

english bulldogs don't drop hair at all and have it good. ez
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

It's perhaps the difference between shorthaired and longhaired dogs.
psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

my cat attacked a kitten :(
he bit off it's tail
:cry:
so :evil: and :( and :oops: at the same time.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

psteve wrote:my cat attacked a kitten :(
he bit off it's tail
:cry:
so :evil: and :( and :oops: at the same time.
shouldn't that :evil: be a :twisted:

:P
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

cats are for torture anyway, i'd sure like to see that scene on videotape.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

My new guinea pigs: http://zworqy.com/up/files/marsvin.jpg

I got them as an early christmas gift today. I was fucking shocked! 8O :D
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Haha, they look like Chip 'n' Dale. Treat them well and they might grow as large as that cat of your parents. :wink:
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

zworqy wrote:My new guinea pigs: http://zworqy.com/up/files/marsvin.jpg

I got them as an early christmas gift today. I was fucking shocked! 8O :D
cutez ;*
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

SveinR, 10 May 2003 wrote:I have one cat, he's named Teodor and is 11 years old. Best cat ever :)
Gee, time flies. He's now 15 years old, and hopefully I'll be able to reply to this topic in another 4 years and say he's become 19 :)
Though of course, 15 years is a very good age for a cat, especially one who's only got one kidney...

Rules | FAQ
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

wow nice cat! great age! is he nice? tell something about him and his behaviour... why only 1 kidney?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

berhabdul wrote:wow nice cat! great age! is he nice? tell something about him and his behaviour... why only 1 kidney?
He's very nice, and actually he is sleeping in my bed right now :)
As you might guess from the picture, he is an outdoors-cat, and in the summer he's out pretty much all the time and only comes indoors to eat. In the winter he also goes out, but only stays there for 5-10 mins before he jumps up to an outdoors table below a window, and scratches his paws/claws to the window in order to let us know he wants to get inside. In the past he used to go hunting and catch some birds once in a while, but I dunno if he does that anymore, at least I haven't seen any bird carcasses for a long time :P
His personality is very, very calm, but when he gets my hand to "fight" with (which is his favourite way of playing, rarely plays with balls rolling on the floor or anything like that anymore) he gets pretty excited and leaves my hand all scratched and bloody (my right hand is seldom without any scratch marks). One of the curiosities of his personality nowadays is that when he wants to eat, he doesn't start until someone goes and pets him, and he wants to be petted all the time while he's eating also. He wasn't always like that though, when he was young he didn't like being petted when eating, then when he got older he grew to simply tolerate it, while nowadays it's like he's addicted to being petted before eating.
His race is 3/4 Norwegian Forest Cat and 1/4 Russian Blue, and his fur is extremely soft, I've honestly not seen/touched any other cat with a fur as soft as his.
He had to remove one kidney because of some tumor, and that's at least 5 years ago, probably more. So now he eats special "prescription diet" kidney food.
Rules | FAQ
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

I like my cat very much too, all my family likes him he is very nice :)
He likes to be petted all the time, and is very sociable. For example when I sit in front of the comp, he sleeps on the chair which is next to me. Then when I leave and go to another room, it's almost sure that within 15 minutes we will come to the room where I am, and change his sleeping place. He's not even afraid of loud music. Similar situation takes place when he is outdoors. When I'm in the kitchen eating breakfast with my parents, he is usually jumping on the window-sill and observing us from outside. He is also grateful when I give him food and gives some funny voice similar to growling. But when I give him really good food like fish, or he catches a mouse, he seems not to trust me enough and doesn't let me to be too close to him.

He is 3 years old, and he doesn't really want to play. In the past he liked every game with a ball, hand or whatever, now he only does it with mice. If he catches one, he can snap off its tail then set it free, then catch again and play it by punching with his paw. I don't know if he ever caught a bird, I hope he did and I wish one day I could see it.

He used to be an indoors cat, but recently he rarely goes inside because he uses to leave some eggs of beetles, and he was brought to the vet many times because of that but no long-term help noticed. Thus I let him enter the garage when it's cold or just when he feels like it. And he also scrathed his claws when wanted to enter, but my mother made him somehow not to do it.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

seeing what he's been through, that's one strong and lively cat :) I hope for him to see at least a few more summers :)

my dog died this summer, after having suffered with a heart disease for 2 years. she was only 5 years old, cutest and best looking english bulldog ever. off to better hunting grounds.

i also had a cat who only lived for one year. she was seriously hyperactive and never stood still for a second, in other words - most fun cat ever. in summer she used to walk around the balcony railing and outside windows and one time apparently fell off (4th story). I don't seem to have much luck with pets.

here's pics of them:
cat
dog

and here's them together. the pug is now 6 years old and lives with my dad.

now I've moved in a new apartment and thinking of getting a cat. I'm really more of a cat person, as some might have noticed (I can has cat? ^^)
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

We had two cats when I was little. The first one was the mother of the other. They were extremely persistent; they both died in their 20th year, one year after each other. Funny thing was, that the older one was some mish mash of all kinds of colours, and her daughter fully black with some brownish aura around it. Also, the older one was missing one eye she lost in a fight.
After that we got no more pets, they eat too much and leave hairs. But we have a fair amount of spiders in our home during summer.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

My cat died about 1,5 years ago, through what doctors think was a stroke. He was realy an amazing cat, and the fact that he was a little fat (he peaked at 9,5 kilos) made him even better. you could rest your head on his stomach like he was a pillow, and you would feel him purring. The only downside with this was probably when you decided to get up, your head would be full of white hairs. He was mostly white, except for a black patch on his head and a black tail. In his tail the bones were a little wierd, so in the end of it he had like a little hook or something.
During the winters he wasnt so active. Sometimes he would freak out and run throught the appartment at a hundred miles per hour for like 2 minutes before suddenly stopping and going to sleep in the sink. When he was like this it was max fun to hold like a ball or something in your hand, then pretend to throw it, and he'd like sprint 6 meters before he realized you didnt throw anything.
In the summers, when we were at our country home, he was out pretty much all the time. sometimes when it suddenly started to rain heavily and you felt sorry for him, you knew exactly where he would be. He had like his favourite place, some 70 meters from our house, in the forest where there were like 20-30 big boulders spread out. you would often find him sitting ontop of big one, always meowing loudly when he saw us. Then when you got him inside and dried him of with a towel, he would still be wet for the next like 20 hours or so, but we didnt mind :D There was also this time where a "neighbour" brought 3 kitetns to our house. these were really small kittens, still half-blind and like less than a decimeter in length. then our cat came in and notices these kittens, and he started to hiss and meow, and then he got scared and ran away with the tail like 3 times bigger than normal. Sometimes when he was scared he would climb impsy high trees, like 10 meters up, and not being able to get dow again. So then you'd have to stand and talk to hi for like 20 mins leik "come down, its not dangerous, please come down" until he finally managed to climb down and run inside. ^^
Once, while we were having dinner, he jumped up on the table and started looking out through the window, with his front paws on the window seeling, and back paws on the table. then like 5 seconds later we noticed a smell of burning hair. then we realized he stood with his belly like 10 centimeters over a candle. stupid as he were, he didn't notice, so when we grabbed him and pulled him away he had this little brown spot on the middle of his belly where the candle had slightly burnt him :). He also fell into the toilet twice. Although there wasn't anything in it at the time, so it was no big deal :D
He died 9,5 years old, weighing about 8.5 kilos. He had started gettig some gray hairs in his before totally black tail. or some of the white hairs around his butt area had probably spread out a little

So there you have it. fat, stupid, clumsy and a coward - the perfect cat <3
Soreyz for long text..

I have some pics with sucky quality made with some fak webcam, but was thinking of scanning some najs ones if can find a scanner.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

berhabdul wrote:why only 1 kidney?
prolly he visited teh fakin candy mountain http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus