The Review Topic

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

epp
Kuski

Post by epp »

Army of Darkness
Movie.
Well, an old movie, but still a classic. This movie u could call: Evil Dead 3.
But this movie is very different to the other movies (Evil Dead, Evild Dead 2: Dead By Dawn). This movie is not scary at all, but just funny crap. Evil Dead where supposed horror movies, but a little funny anyway.
I have seen this movie many times, and its still as good...

The Rewiev:
The movie starts where Evil Dead 2 ends... Ash (Bruce Campell) gets sucked back in time, to middleage. He is alone, only with his shotgun, his car, and of course the thing we all love the most: His chainsaw. To get back to his own timeage, he must retrieve the book of the dead, The Necromonicon. On his way, he encounter many things, but gets the book. But he awakes the "Deadites", so now, a great battle will begin...

7/10 - Great old movie. A classic! -

Blade 2
Movie.
Sucky movie. Has none of the charme from the first movie...
Oh yeah, one more thing: Blade jumps around alot, with his sword. When Blade is in the air, he is made in 3D, and frankly: It looks like shit.

Rewiev:
The vampires are asking Balde for help, because a new race that feeds on vampires is taking the power. Blade founds out, that these new "vampires" are made by vampires themselves, and Blade is trapped.
He must fight to get out of their claws...

3/10 - Dont watch this movie, if u havent any taste. -

The Hives - Your New Favourite Band
CD/LP
Great music. A collection of tracks from their other albums. The Hives has a very unique sound, and that is what makes them so good. The tracks range from the famous Hate To Say I Tol You So, to the fast and more rockish Die, All Right!. If i have to pick out a minus, it would be that they hvae chosen not to include one of my favourite tracks, Knock Knock.
With the CD, comes 4 of their musicvideos.
The music very inspired by old bands i think, and the sound is very scratchy.

8/10 - Great music. Buy or steal this album right away! -

I will write more rewiez later...
Image ^_^
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Topic - The Review Topic
Hizzah! It's got double page status! I did good :D
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

Review - The Classic Chill Out Album

i brought this cs for sum unknown reason about 6 months ago and neva really got around to listening to it until these last couple of days, it is one of the best cds i own, its great for putting you in a relaxed mood and is now my music of choice when playing elma, the sounds on this cd are pleasurable to the ears and more alive than any other, i intend to buy The Classic Chill Out Album 2 after work this evening, i highley recommend this album to any one who has elma stress related illness or who just wants to enjoy some great music on a nice hot day ( because its summer here) or at night buy the fire,

this album is a definate 5* rating
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

martin wrote:i didnt think that anyone outside new zealand had seen those movies, most new zealanders wont have even seen them
its quite hard to me to find anyone (except most girls) who hasnt seen at least braindead yet... its known as one of the best or maybe THE BEST splatter movie ever... the other movies... well.... they might seem really shitty but i love em....
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

review - our christmas

i kinda liked it. first time ever we went to our (summer) cottage and spent it there. i survived 2 days without computer! *feels quite proud of himself*
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

i saw lotr1, it was ok and all but one thing still bothers me, why didn't that one dude allow the boy to help the old man when he was about to fall to the lava.. he was going to but the other one grabbed him like "no, its too dangerous". yeah, very dangerous compared to all that jumping over shallow rocks. if it really is so, then i have to say it really sucked. maybe i missed something..
Antz
Donator

Post by Antz »

well. the guy knew that the other guy had to do what he (=the other guy) had to do, and made the 'danger' part because he didn't want to reveal that he knew what he knew about the other guy having to do what he had to do (which was of course kill the balrog).
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Well dude, those guys couldn't have pulled up that other guy anyway, I mean, like... that thing must've weighed... like a trillion tons, like....dude!
Antz
Donator

Post by Antz »

na'aa! the balrog just whipped gandhis leg, it didn't hold, just pulled gand to hang there of the cliff. gandalf let go for some reason (reason=kill teh foul, discusting, wretched, bad, menacing, big, fiery, dreadful balrog) and shouted, "RUN U F00LS!"
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

Review - Deodorant - Lynx Accelerate

You may have seen the ads on Tv, Billboards etc about this product. They always show a young male with at least 3 girls hanging of him, all because of this deodorant he's wearing. So as a guy who wanted to get a bit of that went out and purchased one of these items. So far this is has not happened so i have thought of returning this product. This example of bad advertising has permanatly put me off deodorant. I will never use such products again thanks to there broken promises and heartbreak.

0 star rating
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

You'll be even less likely to have 3 girls hanging off of you if you give up deodorant...
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Antz
Donator

Post by Antz »

opinion - lotr 2towers

oh god lotr2 sucked =(. there were terribly bad changes to the plot, a lot worse than in fotr. the craphics are breath taking but i don't think a movie should be called lord of the rings - two towers unless it actually goes like the real book goes.

if u've read the book and didn't like changes done in fotr, don't go watch tt.

absolutely stupid things in the movie:
-ents actions
-showing that god damn liv tyler all the time
-aragorns adventure
-faramirs choices

odd, in movie 1 it felt like it had been cut shorter. movie 2 seemed to be streched longer than needed.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

I agree with that there are some strange plot changes, but the movie is brilliant anyway. :)
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

Review - Rexel Stapler

Me work has just invested in a new Rexel stapler, I was quite impressed with its colour scheme ( blue with a green base). This stapler has rubber on the handle so it becomes "non slip" and slightly shock resistant. I would highly recommend this model stapler to any firm that needs to staple paper no thicker than 10mm. This stapler gets a ***** star rating
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

PSX Game - Dancing Stage EuroMIX

Might be called Dance Dance Revolution in some areas.
A game where you have to either press the buttons in time with the best, or dance along yourself! Great fun!
A party game really, but you need a lot of practice to make sure you dont look bad.
If a placed near you has an arcade machine, use it!!! its a lot better.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

martin YES! I listen that kinda music while playing elma aswell.. other similar albums: ooze-where the fields never end(3/5) , psychedelic chill out vol1(3/5) , asura - code eternity3+/5) , healer - wonderground(4+/5) and that the classic chillout album getz(3/5) hmm,let's say that those other albums are a bit psychedelic kinda albums but chilly like the one martin reviewed too..
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

yea i got the classic chill out album 2 the other day, but i was just a tad dissapointed, 4/5, but give it a few weeks and a couple of chill sessions and it will be 5/5

also got Lazy Sunday, not sure if this is just for new zealand, but if u can get it i highly recommend it,
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

REVIEW - O

This has got to be one of the worst movies i have ever seen, it stars josh harnett. its a story about a basket ball team and joshs dad is the coach, he is not the best player buts wants to get all the attention so he causes all this shit amogst the team and in there personal lives that results in the end of the movie, dont waste ur time to watch it let alone pay money to hire it out or buy it, a big fat 0/5 rating for this shocking cinematic experience
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Hey, I just thought Id bring this thread back seeing as theres a load of talk about films recently...
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

Review - Halo (X-Box)

ok i hated this game when i first got it (i got it in some xbox pack) i played a bit and got to the library level, that was ez impassible, i left it for few months, and went to friends house where they had a 6 player mathc on halo goin i played all that night and then was hooked. i went home and finished all levs and am now playing on normal and heroic. this game gets 4/5 star rating
hi
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

Review - The Sims (PC)

This is the absolute second best game ever (after elma). In this game you create and live your own sims, which are just computer ppl or somethin like that. you can feed, bathe, sleep, make them have sex, pretty much do wateva u want with them. Killing them is fun also. **** 1/2
hi
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Elasto Mania
game

some mango guys playing bango motorbike game
anyone played?
39:37,91
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

Review - Mario Kart - Double Dash (Game Cube)

my little bro bought this game the day it came out. that night we played for maybe 6 hours or somethin and i thought it was greatest game. now its lost its appeal and gameplay, n64 mario kart is ez way better. not worth AUD$90. maybe best to hire out psy.

hi
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

Review - Sunscreen - New Generation

One word for this apparently +30 sunshit. Crap. I put it on today, being the sun cancer concious person i am, and went to the pool, i come home burnt like a toasted sandwhich left in the oven for 2 hrs.

Half a star for the bottle its in, its nice and blue
hi
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Revolt wrote:Review - Sunscreen - New Generation

One word for this apparently +30 sunshit. Crap. I put it on today, being the sun cancer concious person i am, and went to the pool, i come home burnt like a toasted sandwhich left in the oven for 2 hrs.

Half a star for the bottle its in, its nice and blue
What are you actually reviewing here?

Anyways, following review may contain some sort of spoilers so if you're intending to watch what the title is about, I suggest not reading any further.

WWE PPV - Armageddon 2003

This PPV contains seven matches.

Booker T vs. Mark Henry
Battle Of The Sexes: Lita & Trish vs. Christian & Jericho
Tag Team Turmoil: Four different tag teams fighting for the tag team championship.
Molly Holly vs. someone whose name I forgot :D for womens championship
Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam for the intercontinental championship
Batista vs. HBK, personal issues ;)
and finally the great main event, Triple H vs. Goldberg vs. Kain for the world heavyweight championship.

Overally, it was okay PPV as being only presented by RAW.
Weaker matches were booker t vs. mark henry and women championship match. Best matches were in my opinion the main event, batista vs. hbk and randy orton vs. van dam.

Alot of championship changes happened last sunday when this was held and mostly because of that, I can recommend this one if you have a chance to get this. Keep in mind, there wasn't any spectacular really, just an ordinary non-co-operated PPV.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Terminat0r 3 - The Rise of The Machines
movie

story
So... Terminator-X is coming back from future to kill John Connor who will be a leader at group fighting against robots in future. Mission for real Terminator is not to let John Connor die, but it seems quite impossible because T-X is very powerful.
At the end Terminator selfdestructs together with T-X, rescuing John but the starts nuclear war and movie ends.

4/10 stars

looks well but way stupider than T-2 and T-1
39:37,91
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

you forgot to mention the nonstop action, which is imo quite cool...
stupid story is normal for new hollywood movies..
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

dz!

WWE Armageddon PPV (cont...)

To follow on from dz's review...
It was Molly v Ivory :D Suk0r match only thrown in to fill time. Same with Matt v Maven.
There werent any great matches, and not even many great moves, but saying that there was no real missed spots or anything, so cant complain.
It was a solid show, but not a good one...Booker had to work so hard to make his match even watchable. Mark Henry cant do anything right...
Theres not a lot more I can say without giving spoilers, so i wont...
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

KILL BILL (movie)

Saw it this monday in the cinema. Normally i dont like films with mango much action and blood. But tarantino makes it beautiful. Plus the plot seems ok (though kinda hard to judge yet without seeing vol.2), thats what many films with as many fighting scenes as this lacks. The very exagerated killings kinda bugged me in the start, but it's so thourougly done that it is cool. Best scene is maby with that little japanese school girl Gogo and her megaweapon.

4,5/6 and maybe it could get a higher raiting if vol2 is goad too

MANUAL & ICEBREAKER INTERNATIONAL - INTO FOREVER (http://www.morrmusic.com/)

Ok I think its hard for me to describe this album in words...
But its spacey, ambient, postrock, soothing, relaxing
The booklet tells a funny little story about a spacecraft where this music will be sealed in and brought to outerspace for anyone out there to hear, and well that is maybe more telling about it.
The track "into forever" must be one of my favourites atm

5,5/6

nice tropic
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i didnt like the story, just a girl that taks revenge, but wouldve given 5.3 out of 6
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

Review - #across - IRC Channel

im here today reviewing everyones favourite irc channel, #across.
this chat is very goad, sometimes ppl go a bit weird, buts its still a lot of fun, if u dont use it u dunno wat ur missing out on omg. a great place to socalize wif all ya elma mates (if ya have any). founded sometime in teh 19's bay px, and we (or at least i am) greatful taht he did. run bay some team consistin of abula, px, tisk, kimitys and many more taht i do teh forget on.

ez 5 star rating
hi
teajay
Donator duck

Re: The Review Topic

Post by teajay »

Review - Mopolauta
message board

This review is about this forum. I think aesthetically speaking, we've a true winner here. I used to have it in green (but that's such a long time ago), that was a very nice colour. Blue is okay (standard phpbb colour) though. I like the strict rules for signatures, which makes it easier to read. I have signatures turned off by the way, but I used to have them on, and it didn't really spoil my eyes too much. Without the avatars was even better. The simplicity of this forum was its greatest power, but the avatars make for some personality (although I have them turned off =D).

The amount of bullshit allowed here is phenomenal, yet everyone knows how to keep it in common places and within reasonable limits. I find this feat really amazing. AKB used to be crap, but he stirred things up nicely too. Same with ribot. I have been here for about 9 years now, and it has grown a bit dull, but visiting this board still has a fixed spot in my mind (not in my agenda, hell no). The amount of interesting posts has decreased substantially, but sometimes when a specific topic gets some attention, good discussions arise easily. The flexibility of this board is unequalled.

4.5 / 5 teajays.