Football European Championship 2012

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

snajdig
Kuski

Re: Football European Championship 2012

Post by snajdig »

does anyone know why Greece's goalkeeper had to be replaced? (yesterday match)
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

he pretended injury, but in fact was just extremely weak and embarassed after letting the 2 goals in
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

abruzzi wrote:he pretended injury, but in fact was just extremely weak and embarassed after letting the 2 goals in
Goals wasn't his fault. Anyway i think the same.... :cry:
Lousku: Snajdig, forgive all my subtle and not so subtle hostility towards you in the past. I can't go on harassing anyone who produces sach sweet wisdom.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

the goal from the cross was definitely his fault lol
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

abruzzi wrote:the goal from the cross was definitely his fault lol
please give link, orka to looking for
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

what an ugly match, portugal vs denmark :((( shame
also germany so predictable oO solid as usually
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Omfg how can someone spend their time staring at the screen watching some folks kicking a ball? How is it possible that you don't die of boredom during it? Even BERH! ._.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

God damn that last goal from portugal ;(
Would have looked really good now if we had drawn..
Well, still plenty of chances to advance.

also: stop being a berh madness
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Madness wrote:Omfg how can someone spend their time staring at the screen watching some folks kicking a ball? How is it possible that you don't die of boredom during it? Even BERH! ._.
People are different, you should get it.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Madness wrote:Omfg how can someone spend their time staring at the screen watching some folks kicking a ball? How is it possible that you don't die of boredom during it? Even BERH! ._.

haha nice one:) but it's live so it's somehow different than tv or movie, you just watch the reality, also ppl want to cheer for their country
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

For Madness: I don't watch football matches rather I play, but EC and WC are somehow better than any football matches. The mood and the feeling you know?!?!?!?!
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

tip:
Italy-Croatia 2-2
Spain- Ireland 2-0
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

abruzzi wrote:

haha nice one:) but it's live so it's somehow different than tv or movie, you just watch the reality, also ppl want to cheer for their country
Wtf, come on dude plz, are you fucking kidding me? That's so ridiculous to watch it, how is that possible you don't vomit or just laugh at those fools running there like idiots and kicking a stupid ball? For me it would be completely enough to read the results and what happened and that's it, what to waste 2 hours for? Even if you have absolutely nothing to do, it's crazy, it's just CRAZY! CRAZY! It's pure INSANITY! You should be kept in a mental institution if you only consider watching this. How is it different than TV or movie since it's live? It's the same bullshit, the only difference is that it's a live bullshit. It has no action, no plot, no fun whatsoever, IT'S PLAIN BORING. I would rather bang my head against a wall than suffer watching this nonsense nothing. This is just ABSURD, I can't even believe this. Where the hell is this world going? No way, this is just unbelievable, get fucking real. What an antisocial existence you must be...
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Stop this madness Madness, get out of here
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

I'm pretty sure Berh knows that people enjoy things without logical reason and that preferences differ.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
elmas
Kuski

Post by elmas »

So yesterday Spain won Ireland 4-0 and Italy-Croatia ended up in 1-1 draw
My guesses for today:
Ukraine- France 2-1
Sweden-England 3-1
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Ireland first country to be out of the tournament. But they certainly win best fans.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

jesus, i was in gdansk downtown right after the match, the irish were CELEBRATING! 16k of them there, all singing, dancing, beering etc, the spaniards were usually at most smiling :D irish definitely GAA fans, i wish they played the last match here ._.
i was sad for denmark, i havent cheered for any team apart from polmand so strong by the draw with portugal :/
france was so terrible today in the first half that i stopped watching, hope ukraine wins, then england wins sweden ez. tomorrow we pwn czech))))))) and russia barely pwns greece
so
ukraine 1:0 france
england 1:0 swe
poland 3:0 czech as i said earlier
russia 2:0 greece
germany 3:0 denmark
portugal 2:1 netherlands
spain 3:1 croatia (
italy 2:0 ireland
england 2:1 ukraine
sweden 1:1 france

lals
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Madness wrote:
abruzzi wrote:

Wtf, come on dude plz, are you fucking kidding me? That's so ridiculous to watch it, how is that possible you don't vomit or just laugh at those fools running there like idiots and kicking a stupid ball? For me it would be completely enough to read the results and what happened and that's it, what to waste 2 hours for? Even if you have absolutely nothing to do, it's crazy, it's just CRAZY! CRAZY! It's pure INSANITY! You should be kept in a mental institution if you only consider watching this. How is it different than TV or movie since it's live? It's the same bullshit, the only difference is that it's a live bullshit. It has no action, no plot, no fun whatsoever, IT'S PLAIN BORING. I would rather bang my head against a wall than suffer watching this nonsense nothing. This is just ABSURD, I can't even believe this. Where the hell is this world going? No way, this is just unbelievable, get fucking real. What an antisocial existence you must be...
haha grats Madik you are max:) you presented the issue brilliantly, long havent laughed so max:) i hereby recall all nerd accusals i have ever thrown towards your person :D the only thing is that you're parodying whilst i'm completely honest with my feelings about movies:) once again kudos
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Madness wrote:You should be kept in a mental institution if you only consider watching this.
Madness wrote:I would rather bang my head against a wall than suffer watching this nonsense nothing.
haha no way you fucking killing me :D:D
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

why no contest like
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... &start=200
( maybe do for ungroup stage?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

No way, I'm serious, dude. Could you stop clowning around and explain to me what kind of joy you get out of this?
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

football means joy in language
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I'm really disappointed by the bad mood of the dutch people. We seem like terrible losers. It's pathetic. I've heard stories about german cars turned upside down and being set on fire, and german people having been threatened. It's shameful. I've watched the match with about 8 dutch peoples and 2 germans, and the match was a letdown of course - but it's a game still. No war. The germans were plain better, accept it.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

teajay wrote:I've heard stories about german cars turned upside down and being set on fire, and german people having been threatened.
and i haven't. christ, how those idiaths exaggerate everything... like those stories about polish racism in dutch press -.-
elmas
Kuski

Post by elmas »

Sweden came second team to drop out of tourtamen when they lost to England 3-2.
France beated other host country Ukraine 2-0.
Guesses for today:
Poland-Czech 2-1
Russia-Greece 3-0
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

This bodes well for Denmark should we make it to the quarter :)

Really wasn't expecting Greece to win Russia, wonder how that game was, was watching the other one. That last chance for Poland was pretty beisik, was pretty much screaming ;o

Sad for Poland though, being host country and did pretty well in first matches.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

sad? i'd call it embarrassing. especially that poles are capable of playing a more or less good game, what they showed against russia. this one was pathetic, worst play of the tournament if you ask me. honestly, they didn't deserve to advance whatsoever. we had some proper defence against russia, some counter attacks. here we had no defence, no middle field runners, no attack, no nothing. we were outnumbered both in the attack and near our own goal, because no pole was running. quick action - everybody stays behind so there's one guy forever alone with the ball near the czech goal and has nobody to send the ball to. sometimes more guys happen to be there, then they all stand still and wait for something to happen (for the czech to reclaim the ball). czech counter attack - nobody bothers to run back. jesus, what a shame.

congrats czech guys. not a great game, but you couldn't lose this...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Pawq, you can't feign a mob throwing bottles at a german family or the burning of cars. I'd agree with your remark about the racism - though I think in the more russian countries (Ukraïne/Russia) racism and discrimination is more prevalent towards gays and black people than here in the Netherlands, but this stuff happened in real life. You can't deny facts. Even if these are incidents, I still disagree with it entirely and it still disappoints me.

Yesterday's matches were awkward. Good goal by the czech team, but also due to a poor defence of the polish team. The match was fun to match, because of the tempo, but the overall skill level was pretty sad. Greece deserved to win the match, although they didn't deserve to go through. Poor russia.

Tonight's matches:
Por - Ned: 2-2
Den - Ger: 0-1

Note I made these before the start of the championship.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i was zinking, what will happen if nl wins portugal 2-1 and germany wins denmark 1-0. What team will proceed?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Zweq wrote:i was zinking, what will happen if nl wins portugal 2-1 and germany wins denmark 1-0. What team will proceed?
Then Germany obviously will proceed with 9 points, and Netherlands, Portugal and Denmark are split at 3.

The rules state the following in a tie-break:
  1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question.
    This will be the same for all three teams.
  2. Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points).
    In your example, the goal difference will be: NED +0, POR +0, DEN +0, so again the decision is split.
  3. Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points).
    In your example, this will result in: NED 2, POR 4, DEN 3.
So Portugal will go through together with Germany.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

if those were equal the team with the highest ranking would proceed, or so i've heard :D
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Pawq wrote:if those were equal the team with the highest ranking would proceed, or so i've heard :D
Not quite. There are a number of criteria before that would happen :)

Here is the rest:
4. If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3 to more than two teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine the final rankings of the two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 10 apply in the order given:
5. Superior goal difference in all group matches.
6. Higher number of goals scored in all group matches.
7. If two teams which are tied in all criteria 1 to 6 play their last group match against each other (i.e., the result is a draw and the two teams have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored), and provided no other teams within the group have the same number of points, the ranking of the two teams in question is determined by penalty shoot-out. Otherwise, criteria 8 to 10 apply in the order given:
8. Position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system.
9. Fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament).
10. Drawing of lots.
(Criteria 9 and 10 won't have any effect since 8 is conclusive).
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

Wikipedia has a nice schema about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_Group_B for this specific case in grouop B.

So hopefully we can get a draw at least against Ger and then Holland can win Portugal ;)
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

There is possibility that Germany won't go thru.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

daily tip:
Denmark-Germany 1-2
Portugal-Netherlands 1-2
Last edited by snajdig on 17 Jun 2012, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
elmas
Kuski

Post by elmas »

Group A ended up like this:
Russia-Greece 0-1
Poland-Czech 0-1
1. Czech 5 points
2. Greece 4 pts

3. Russia 4 pts
4. Poland 2 pts

So Czech and Greece went to playoffs
My guesses for Group B final round:
Netherlands-Portugal 2-0
Germany-Denmark 2-0
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

elmas wrote:Netherlands-Portugal 2-0
Germany-Denmark 2-0
actually thought same that nl will somehow do it but nah it's no team
BPM
Kuski

Post by BPM »

As others have said, different people have different tastes.

Someone could say similar stuff about someone who plays Elma.
elmas
Kuski

Post by elmas »

Group B results:
Netherlands-Portugal 1-2
Germany-Denmark 2-1
1. Germany 9pts
2. Portugal 6pts

3. Denmark 3pts
4. Netherlands 0pts

Guesses to group C:
Spain-Croatia 2-1
Italy-Ireland 3-1
With this results Spain and Italy to next round I guess
elmas
Kuski

Post by elmas »

Group c results:
Spain-Croatia 1-0
Italy-Ireland 2-0

1. Spain 7pts
2. Italy 5pts

3. Croatia 4pts
4. Ireland 0pts

So no surprises
Guesses:
Sweden-France 0-2
England-Ukraine 1-1
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

2 goldenshots in the last round, 2:1 port vs netherlands and italy 2:0 ireland)

quarterfinals:
czech rep. 0:2 portugal
greece 0:3 germany
spain 3:1 france
italy 1:2 england

semifinals:
portugal vs spain
germany vs england
elmas
Kuski

Post by elmas »

My guesses to quarter finals:
Czech-Portugal 1-2
Greece-Germany 0-2
Spain-France 1-1(3-1 p.)
Italy-England 2-0
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

italy 2:0 england?! najs :D
Fabio
Kuski

Post by Fabio »

Czech-Portugal 0-2
Greece-Germany 0-2
Spain-France 1-2
Italy-England 3-1
Kopaka
39mins club

Post by Kopaka »

England sach lucky to be in quarter. Max lucky goal for them and a goal for Ukraine they didn't get, might as well have been Ukraine in the quarter.

Anyway

Czech-Portugal 1-1 (4-5 p)
Greece-Germany 0-3
Spain-France 2-1
Italy-England 3-1
snajdig
Kuski

Post by snajdig »

Czech Republic - Portugal 0-2
Spain - France 2-1
Germany - Greece 2-0
England - Italy 0-1
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

you'll see that england kicks france :D like france isn't lucky to be there, losing 2:0 to the loser of the group ;p