Elma Music

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

BarTek_

Elma Music

Post by BarTek_ »

eh....new song. This time bit difrent then those boom boom ones....opinions on the new style i used for this latest song?

Also i wanna know who else here makes their own music or whatever....electronic or real. I know about MC :o Maybe bjorn or darmoed gonna make new songs too?

Or maybe you have some songs your are working with and want feedback on if its good to develope it more and so on.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Use Advertising for things like this, Feedback is for feedback about Moposite.

Maybe there should be a link to the song here, also. Here it is: http://www.moposite.com/music/DJ_BarTek ... Elasto.mp3

Edit: Props for the song, it's great. Not my kind of music, but it's definitely a technically advanced song. If you want me to give some criticism (and I guess you do, since you started this topic), I will. Keep in mind that this is my uneducated opinion. One problem is that the song maybe goes on a little too long, and especially that it seems to stop several times but starts again. Also, there are a few too many different variations in just one song, maybe it would've been better to make two songs? :)
Last edited by MagnusB on 3 Aug 2003, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Ok this song I like much better than Jappo. I find it actually to be pretty entertaining, eventhough I don't listen to this kinda music. I don't say I'll listen to the song regularly, but it's pretty good. I've only listened to it once though, so I can't give any good criticism yet.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

BarTek wrote:Thanks.

Too bad more can not make this kind of songs.....i know m,any who can do their own songs but dont make the effort.

such as dz! yea
I have cooler prog for making songs, to bad I can't get my ass moved to make some ;( Anyway I made one some time ago, not about elma tough, but here goes :arrow: http://www.home.no/elmafiles/Upload/Kop ... o_Dope.mp3

I think myself it's pretty cool ;)
The number is 2, so you may think I have made one more, I have, but I lost it in Computer crash, old comp or something.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Kopaka wrote:
BarTek wrote:Thanks.

Too bad more can not make this kind of songs.....i know m,any who can do their own songs but dont make the effort.

such as dz! yea
I have cooler prog for making songs, to bad I can't get my ass moved to make some ;( Anyway I made one some time ago, not about elma tough, but here goes :arrow: http://www.home.no/elmafiles/Upload/Kop ... o_Dope.mp3

I think myself it's pretty cool ;)
The number is 2, so you may think I have made one more, I have, but I lost it in Computer crash, old comp or something.
Sorry, I can't complement on something made in eJay. I've tried it myself, and it's so easy to make something that sounds ok that the song you made would have to completely mesmerizing before I would think it was good.
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

BarTek wrote:Well my first songs(?) were made in Ejay like 5 years ago heh....omg they sucked...i guess you have to start somewere ey?
Let me clarify hwat I said, I can not complement on a song made in eJay, using those preset melodies and drums and all that crap. It's possible to make more professional songs in eJay too, but if you're not to use all those premade samples you might as well use a better program.
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

I have a demo version of a program called Fruity Loops.
I think that`s the best music program right now.

http://www.fruityloops.com
Member of team TAH| TT: 45:15,77
http://www.freewebs.com/kickz_elma
Play teh pipes!
Olliz
Kuski

Post by Olliz »

about barteks new song. Its ok, but really too long. That squirrel sounded bartek reminds me of Dj Tumu.. gets really awkward. Should be shortened to 2-3min and stop when the guy says teh "cant stop playing this game". ok
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

I don't think 5 minutes is that long for a techno based song...actually that's pretty short isn't it? I haven't listened to this song again since I've been away, but I didn't get the feeling it was too long when I did listen to it..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

The problem is not so much that it's too long as it is that it changes style so many times. All the different patterns (or whatever you call the different melodies/rythms inside the same song) are good, but all of them in the same song is a bit too much. That's my opinion anyway.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

hmm.. havent heard that song yet...
i make lots of music, but no new stuff at my mp3.com page....
if youre interested in some strange music i can send you a few of my songs...
i use mainly cubase sx... fruity loops is good for techno stuff but other kinds of music is reallydifficult to make with it...