Drems...."sweet dreams"

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

magicman
Kuski

Drems...."sweet dreams"

Post by magicman »

Well i'm drunk now and i think dreams are the best thing in the world if u dream some nice dreams..
- Have u ever dreamed about kissing in youre dreams? well when i do i wake up and i can feel the kiss taste hours later... it's soooooo nice .!
- Have u ever had nightmare and been "awake" but not from the dream..
i can dream a nightmare beeing knowing of it but i cant "brake" the dream ... but after a while i wake up from it..
- almost everytime i dream somthing i'm half awake and it's in the morning just be4 i'm going up(school,work etc) and something wakes me up! is that cus u dream at that time of sleep or just that time u know yopure asleep?
- I think i dream every night, i remember every 4 times in a week that i've been dreaming, but i think u dream every night... just when u have like REM sleep u dont remember etc,
- sometimes i dreams i figured out some smart solutions on things and when i wake up i forghot the whole thing! annoying, i'm so smart but naah
- Do u think if u dream about someone that person dreams same dream as you? i almost think so but i'm paranoid..
- i sleep during summer about 9-12 hours each night, it's so soft but normaly i sleep about 6-8 hours... i love sleeping

well tell smoething about youre dreams/toughts etc i'm drunk now so i'm almost in REM
Team: CF || wc4 pos. 6th || tt: under 42 duno || Metallica... ImageImage
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

well mate... I hope ribot writes here becau i think he has read someting bout dreaming and lucid dreaming. I have read about lucid dreamin someting..
Lucid dreaming is that ting when yu know yu are seeing a dream and yu are in there. So yu kinda are aware that the thing yu see is dream and not reality. Another case is if one can control his/her lucid dreams. And ye . what i know ,its true that yu dream in end of yur sleeping period.

I have acknowledged my dream ,...rarely. But I have recognized it few times, in most cases i have woke up,because i have tried to manipulate/alter ,and make own decisions,or simply started to think this is only dream, and then couldnt stay in dream. There are pages on internet,just google "lucid dreaming" that can help yu stay asleep if yu aknowledge yu are dreaming :) And i read that theres an advices, like...if yu eat much pop-corn before yu go to bed ,yu might lucid dream :) ..
One good tip is that put alarm clock 1h earlier yu supposed to...then when yu wake up for this clock,remember the dream yu just had...go through what happened, and fall asleep again, and say in your mind "if the same scene comes again, its dream" ..<- did i make sense ? if not, go google lucid tips yourself blah :) but I will practice lucid dreaming everytime i get a chance, I wish i was good at it,but i havent lately really realized im dreaming when i have been... omg, this post must be very sloppy
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

Sometimes, shortly before I wake up, I realize that I'm dreaming. Then I try to control my dream, but I usually fail miserably. I always get stuck up in strange patterns in my mind and usually wake up right after.

What's particularily funny is when you're about to wake up, and sounds from the "real world" start appearing as objects in your dream. The alarm clock is a classic. :)
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

ive tried directive dreaming, eg the Swedish Bikini Team, but i always end up with monkeys mating, yea i love it wen sounds are in you dreams,
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

hm forgot one thing...
-Daydreaming,
allways in buss etc i daydream and it's trance kinda! :P
MopoGirl
Kuski

Post by MopoGirl »

MagnusB wrote:What's particularily funny is when you're about to wake up, and sounds from the "real world" start appearing as objects in your dream. The alarm clock is a classic. :)
happend to me so many times with the phone :)
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Yeh dreams are soo strange and nice :). It's usually the early morning dreams you remember, sometimes it's also happened to me that I know it's a dream but can't control it. When I talked with my friend about dreams looong time ago he said he often controls his dreams. Like when he is aware that "ok this is a dream" he might go to tallest building he finds and jump from the top of the roof and it's so cool ....man I wanna do it too :P
I hate the dreams where everything goes soo well but then you suddenly wake up the the old cruel world baah
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
SveinR
Moporator

Re: .

Post by SveinR »

MP wrote: I hate the dreams where everything goes soo well but then you suddenly wake up the the old cruel world baah
...but I love the dreams (well not the dreams really, but afterwards) where everything goes so shitty and then you wake up to the cozy real world :)
..where you don't suddenly find yourself sitting with no clothes on in the school hallway..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
MagnusB
Kuski

Post by MagnusB »

You know what, I don't think I've ever had a nightmare. At least I can't remember any.

My dreams are usually completely surreal. and make no sense at all. For example when I dream about places I've actually been (like school, everyone seems to dream about school), there's always something wrong. Corridors are in the wrong place, my house might be next door to the school, books and classrooms look nothing like they're supposed to. It's pretty 8) actually.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

MagnusB wrote:You know what, I don't think I've ever had a nightmare. At least I can't remember any.
Then you can count yourself lucky :)

But I haven't had any night mares for at least 5 years myself, hope it'll be like that for the rest of my life :)
Rules | FAQ
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

dreams... what a lovely topic :)

personally i like dreaming, and sleeping in general quite alot. it's just so very nice to climb into bed, pull the blanket over you, close your eyes and drift away... it's almost as if your mind was leaving your body. (and before ribot even starts suggesting: no, i don't want to lick frogs, eat mushrooms or anything like that to get the 'outer body' sensation. i prefer good old sleep :) )

about dreams.. i see them quite often, or at least i have that kind of impression, because after all i don't remember much of those dreams, i just know that i saw something. but those dreams that i do remember, are pretty often very weird and confusing, just like MagnusB's, and most of them don't have any clear plot or any astonishing revelations, you know, the kind that crime investigators see in detective movies. :wink:

controlling your dreams. now that would be something. i've also heard/read somewhere that you can learn it through practicing. i think i've learned at least something about the complex control system of my dreams. for example, in most cases, i can realize in the dream that it's a dream (i guess when we're talking about my dreams, you'de have to be quite an idiot to not realize it). i've been able to do this for a long time now, for instance, about 10 years ago, i dreamed that i was in my school yard and i realized it was a dream and threw a rock to one of the schools windows and it shattered to million pieces. i still remember how good it felt :) another control feature which i've learned more recently is the abort option for unpleasant dreams. it's actually quite simple. and it might even work for other ppl and their systems, who knows. well anyway, here's the trick. when you are in an unpleasant dream and want to get the hell out, just close your eyes IN THE DREAM, this causes the system to either reset the dream to new one, or then you just wake up. in either case, the result is welcomed.

this is pretty much everything about how i can control my dreams, so you see i don't have much saying in them. eventhough i realize it's only a dream, i can't do anything fun because if i do any big changes to the dream, it resets or i wake up. so nowadays, if i see some nice dream, i just try not to do anything so i wouldn't disrupt the dream. and if i see a unpleasant dream, i just say "boooring" to the ppl in the dream, before i exit and reset the dream. that's how easy it is :)

hmm, this post is quite long already but i still want to say a few things, if you have read this far, you might aswell read the rest of it too. i mean, surely it couldn't get any worse, right? :wink:

ok where was i? oh ye, i was about to give advice to ppl who have problems falling asleep. more precicely, for ppl who want to sleep but just end up rolling around restlessly in the bed. i had that problem too. i used to think about my current problems and negative thing in life when i was trying to get sleep. of course i wasn't trying to do this, it just that when it's dark and quiet, you start thinking about things and maybe some decicion you have to make, some thing you should've done different etc etc. my advice is this: don't. simply don't. it's no use, you just get depressed and anxious and then it becomes almost impossible to get sleep. besides, when it's night, you're problems seem much bigger than what they really are. and you're hardly in the condition to make any good and rational decicions at that time anyway. so just give up those thoughts. it's so relieving. whenever you're brain try to make you think about some problem you've been having, just toss it aside thinking: "this is hardly the time or place for this" and really honestly mean that too. to make it harder for the old brain to try to do that again, you could think of something completely different, like palm trees. trust me. it works. :)

ok i think i'm done now. i hope this text helps you sleep :wink:
i think i'll go try some of that my self.

this sleep-therapist session is over.

good night :)
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

La Bouch-sweet dreams.mp3
3 brothers on the 4th floor - dreams(twenty4seven_mix).mp3
noemi - in my dreams.mp3
Billy Joel - River of Dreams.mp3
E-Rotic - Erotic Dreams.mp3
Giant - I'll see you in my dreams.mp3
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams.mp3
iron maiden - Dreams of Mirrors.mp3
The Corrs - Dreams.mp3
Dj Mystik- Dream A Little Dream.mp3
SolidBase - colours of your Dreams.mp3
Roy Orbisson - Dreams.mp3
Rollergirl - Geisha Dreams
Meatloaf - Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through.mp3

i hope i'll dream some tonight..
i love when it's morning and u wake up then u can fall back to sleep and u sleep so soft that u dream alot and somethimes when it's like that u can choose the dream how it's going to be..
-btw, when i dream about sex i often when it comes to the "final" in my dreams i regret or something, like i dont have condom or something very annoying so i wont dream it...
bla bla...
and those dreams when u'r , well could be "high on drugs" so mongo dreams :P

Sweet dreams!
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

I wake up with a boner......I guess you can figure out my dreams :P
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

cyre wrote: controlling your dreams. now that would be something. i've also heard/read somewhere that you can learn it through practicing. i think i've learned at least something about the complex control system of my dreams. for example, in most cases, i can realize in the dream that it's a dream (i guess when we're talking about my dreams, you'de have to be quite an idiot to not realize it). i've been able to do this for a long time now, for instance, about 10 years ago, i dreamed that i was in my school yard and i realized it was a dream and threw a rock to one of the schools windows and it shattered to million pieces. i still remember how good it felt :) another control feature which i've learned more recently is the abort option for unpleasant dreams. it's actually quite simple. and it might even work for other ppl and their systems, who knows. well anyway, here's the trick. when you are in an unpleasant dream and want to get the hell out, just close your eyes IN THE DREAM, this causes the system to either reset the dream to new one, or then you just wake up. in either case, the result is welcomed.
That sounds boring imo. It must take the excitement of dreaming away? Because sometimes I have dreams that feel so real to me that the next day i get doubts if it was something I dreamt or not. I've experienced that I've had dreams about doing some useless thing around the house or just anything. And then when my mom or someone else asks me if I have done that, oh ye sure, and then I get told tat I haven't, and then, usually after some thinking, I figure out that it was something I had dreamt. 8O

Not so cool if you have a dream about doing some improtant homework or returning some books to the library :oops:
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

sometimes (maybe always) dreaming is the best thing in the world...
i never would have that strong emotions in real life (maybe fear of death is something different), like i have in my dreams...
you can live a whole life or/and more in only 1 night.....
too bad the older i get the less i dream...
sometimes dreams come true, often when its about something that really is going to happen to you...
i would be a very rich person, if i could write the 1 dream down which i had on my last vacancy.... - best science-diction story ever

i could write more boring stuff about my dreams, but im fed up now, so i can only say: thank you nature for making dreams possible
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

sorry for duble post..
cyre wrote:
another control feature which i've learned more recently is the abort option for unpleasant dreams. it's actually quite simple. and it might even work for other ppl and their systems, who knows. well anyway, here's the trick. when you are in an unpleasant dream and want to get the hell out, just close your eyes IN THE DREAM, this causes the system to either reset the dream to new one, or then you just wake up. in either case, the result is welcomed.
much better would be the control feature for NOT stopping a nice dream at the best part....
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Juble wrote:I wake up with a boner......I guess you can figure out my dreams :P
That doesnt nessesarily mean...'that', its usually just a side effect of dreaming, which we all do whether we remember or not.
Its easier to remember dreams when we are woken up when they happen, by an alarm clock or phone, or someone telling you to stop snoring...
Theres a load more of this, but I'll leave it for some other time...
Last edited by chux on 31 Aug 2003, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

Dreams are great, i have had tons of dreams. The kind i hate are when something so great and cool is gonna happen then either alarm clock or parent wakes u up :( that always happens to me.

Another annoying one is where u could swear its real life and u are about to get hurt and u jump in ur bed then wake up, whoa thats scary.....

some of my favorites are the ones where u believe its real life and u commit a crime or get in trouble in school or whatever and u are so worried about going to jail or telling ur parents about what u did then u wake up and still believe it, until u try and think about actually doing it. It is such a relief....

sex dreams are great but i dont ever make it all the way...dont know why

and yes juble, i also get morning woods ALL the time maybe every morning heheh
-brag
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

i just woke up.... to a nightmares image in my dream..... I was in some soccer match... in some arena... then one guy shouted often on his anger when ref blowed a foul for their team... he shouted/screamed it like "ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄHHHHH" to himself...not to the ref... then i guess he had enough on one foul... he shouted it very loud this time and he fell down on ground ...he kept shouting and it started to turn weird, we started to look at that whats wrong.... then his face turned like :( while he kept shouting.. Suddenly his face turned to white and as suddenly as that his face started to appear red thick lines vertically, like to every place on his face... and in seconds red fucking worms started to come out through his face.... and the guy kept shouting and screaming and crying...and we watched and we didnt watch,because it was so scary.... This was so fuking real like, I standed quite next to him in football pitch when it happened... then i woke up
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

tonight i also dreamed something weird...

03.xx in the middle of the night the phone called and i was so fucking tierd and i just checked nr then rememberd 073-08 then i went to sleep

2hours later i woke up and tought that was a dream and when i check missed phone calls it was there, kinda weird dream...
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

http://www.moposite.com/mopolauta/viewtopic.php?t=561

Blah. I should lock this topic but I won't because this one includes so much data too. Next time magicman could check out if there was a topic about the same subject and post there.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I had teh sweetest dream some days ago :wink:

Too bad I woke up just as it was getting really good. :cry2:
DrPepper
Kuski

Post by DrPepper »

I believe dreams come from the inside, and that all dreams have a purpose, like sorting things in your brain. I could talk about this subject for a whole day... I have a number of thoughts on the subject, if anyone is interested in me elaborating...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I am, eloborate please about the fact of dreaming something and getting it to happen later.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

DrPepper wrote:I believe dreams come from the inside, and that all dreams have a purpose, like sorting things in your brain.
Yeah, I guess it's the brain's way of defragmenting ;)
Rules | FAQ
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

when I come to think about it I havent had a dream I remembered after waking up in a long time...Probably that's because I go to bad at 5 in the morning and wake up at 12.00. During that time I might not get into that deep sleep where dreams are dreamt, dunnoz :?
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

i havent had a dream for half a year :(
hi
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I dreamed about eating snails last day, and that I had to puke from it right in front of my house. And my brother was laughing. I was mad.
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Revolt wrote:i havent had a dream for half a year :(
Actually, you dream every night (when you are sleeping of course). But maybe you don't remember them.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
magicman
Kuski

Post by magicman »

some1 said that u only remember the dreams if u wake up when ur dreaming it...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I just made a dream :

I was at school, it was the end of the year but, we still had to go to school for 2 or 3 other days. I was in my classroom then someone said the grades were up.

We all went to see the billboard ( think it's right word ) near the director's office. THe grades were based on elastomania tricks and times....

I was one of the best student of the school............

What a nice dream 8O
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

magicman wrote:some1 said that u only remember the dreams if u wake up when ur dreaming it...
Eyah, I think that was me.
I think one time I read that anyway. You get woken up by something, a noise or light on your face, and if its while your in the deep dreaming sleep when you wake up then you'll remember.

Anyway, does anyone else have the problem where you have teh...'good' dream, and you can never...'finish'? Faxxing annoying!
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

chux wrote:Anyway, does anyone else have the problem where you have teh...'good' dream, and you can never...'finish'? Faxxing annoying!
I think i understand that and yes, i have the same annoying problem...never have enough time to do what i want to finish...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

i always dream about some hot girl, and the dream always ends before i shag her :(
Proud Member Of RDK
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

chux wrote: Anyway, does anyone else have the problem where you have teh...'good' dream, and you can never...'finish'? Faxxing annoying!
Yeah.

But in the past, I've also had dream series. I.e., I had one dream one night, and next night I continue the story. MAXX NICE
Rules | FAQ
teajay
Donator duck

money

Post by teajay »

I always dream about finding a cent on the street, and then some more. Then I notice, there's a whole euro in the bushes, and when I look on more hard-to-find places I find big piles of 2 euro coints. :)
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

Dreamt about finishing Steppes new 10,xx style, but seems so impossible IRL :/
39:37,91
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Sometimes, i do same dreams many times in a row so i can change the dream.... very nice
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I've had a lot of dreams where I keep finding lots of money on the street. It really bugged me, since I had those huge letdowns in the morning while checking my wallet. :wink:

Lately, I got interested in lucid dreaming. Guys from school have been talking about it for a year and they kept bragging about flying, jumping of tall buildings, all weird kinds of shit during their dreams. So this thursday I asked some more info about it, and one of them gave me this link to check; http://www.ld4all.com
I read it through, thought of a reality check (finger through hand), and kept thinking about it. The first night I didn't have a dream at all, that I could remember, so I was like 'fuck it'. Then at school one guy told me about his being lucid again, and after that I didn't think much about it.

And what do you know, last night, or this morning so to say, I was in a car with a friend of mine, and we drove to the beach. The beach were rock suddenly and it looked like a lake somewhere around Stockholm and the friend suddenly was my brother. Somehow I figured I was dreaming, this sudden change was surreal! Being greedy, I immediatly ordered myself to go lucid. As expected I almost woke up, I saw a glimpse of my donald duck sheets, but I commanded to stay in my dream, forcing this with spinning around on my feet. Oh joy, I was back on the rocks, lucid. I then flew over the lake, in some sort of superman motion, but controlling me was kinda hard, I had to stop to turn directions. Then I flew to a church I saw at the coast and I noticed a wooden door. I said to myself something like 'I can punch through there', and it worked! :)

But then a teacher came and said that I should prove my lucid being by punching through his wooder chair. He could make a hole in it with his index finger, but when I smashed on it, I could only make it bend a little. So when the teacher said, that I was not lucid, I said like oh ok and woke up. :P

If this sounds weird to you check this out; http://www.ld4all.com
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

heah phunny how the way you're capable of controlling your dreams :) i rarely have flying dreams, very rarely and aye i had many dreams with jumps of high buildings often in my childhood. sometimes i can even realise that i am dreaming and after realising it i'm starting to slowly wake up by leaving the dream. when it happens i'm kind of forcing myself back into that previous dream environment and continue it from the place i have realised that it's unreal
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yeah, that's sort of what you do. I don't remember flying in dreams before, so this was new to me.
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Sounds interesting but it doesnt mess up mind right? :/
Heard somewhere dreams are something where we deal with our problems in life subconsciously (the phrase "i think ill have to sleep on that" comes from this).
Just thought that if you are able to control your dreaming doesnt this effect this problemsdealing in your dreams, which makes us have to deal with our problems in some other way? or is this lucid dreaming just a very small part of everything u dream and therefore quite useless except for amusement? ;o

:X
Mushroom
Kuski

Post by Mushroom »

I doesn't mess anything up. All that subconscious problems dealing and stuff, is very much only theories. No one no exaclty why we and animals dream.
You're right about the only a small part of your sleep. When you can remeber your dream it's usually because you have just dreamt it aka it has happend in you head not very long ago. Dreams from the middle of the night you can't remember.

Anyhow I always thourght that lucid dreams were all about drugs :/
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

No, lucid dreams are just plain fun! I discovered that last night. :D
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I dreamt I made wr on steppes with 10:30

Then I woke up and I was at the computer and it said:

Level 10: Steppes

00:10:30

Best Time!
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

have heard of this about a year ago so remembered of it after reading what tj said. so if anyones curious and find it interesting, he can find it here:

Japan invents the gadget of your dreams

"A Japanese company has invented a product which, it says, allows owners to create their own dreams."
A.K.B.
37mins club

Post by A.K.B. »

I want one.
1 Golden Apple Award: Rookie of the Year
FinMan wrote:I prefer AKB:s topics to Xratios ones :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Oh yeah, I read about that. Still, it's much cooler to create your storyline within your dream.
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

One thing that im surprised of in the dreams i've had is the way the dreams tell me a lot of stuff i don't even now.

Like, i dreamt about talking about physics, and i said a lot of crazy words and expressions i didn't even know of (i thought).

I guess its because that a lot of the words we here in our daily life, like when watching a show in TV, we don't even think about. So when they same some crazy stuff it just gets placed somewhere in the head, and suddenly its taken up in our dreams, even if we don't even notice that we actually learned the word.

I know that half-awake feeling, it happens often that i know im dreaming, but in the meantime don't know im asleep. That means I try to find ways around in the dreams, and they often head to a lot of weird places.
Its amazing how the fantasy in all of us can make such amazing landscapes in our heads and make such incredible dreams
http://tinyurl.com/yz6ak9 - Home of ANB, FWPP and BO pack
Old nick: Wezz
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

another thing.

Just read the hole lucid dreaming thing on ld4all.com and got very inspired, but one thing hit me though. Investigating your dreams, or youre mind, that damage your mind doesn't it? I mean its a pretty crazy thing to mess with.

EDIT:

And now were in the suspect i'd also like to make another question. If Anyone gets really good at Lucid dreaming, and by accident happens to get lucid every night, he/she might get insane of it someday. I dont want a life where i have to "work" all night investigating my dreams, wouldnt most people go insane by having to "work" in the night aswell?
http://tinyurl.com/yz6ak9 - Home of ANB, FWPP and BO pack
Old nick: Wezz