About school

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

jonsi
Kuski

About school

Post by jonsi »

i wonder how many of u guys do well in school,
i wanna know cuz many people here seem to be smart.
is it more attractive to play elma if u are smart or not just wonder

i start

i am best student/pupil in school and i like elma very much.
Nothing anymore....
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Re: About school

Post by dz »

jonsi wrote: i wanna know cuz many people here seem to be smart.

not that i would be smart, im plain stupid!
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

my thesis (trying to be smart) is that most people that found time to play elma regularly are people who like computers or like challenges :D
-brag
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

everybody said that i'm the "most stupid kuski" in a topic while ago, but i had a 92.7 average last semester, and i even got a certificate of merit for it! (only 7 students out of 210 gets it)

so why people say that i'm stupid? coz i call myself "WorstKuskiEver", but kuskiness has nothing to do with intelligence!
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Well I tend to get quite good grades in math. Got double 11 just after christmas. But kinda average grades in other classes.
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

In teh scale from 1-6, i get most 5, 5+ and 6
Member of team TAH| TT: 45:15,77
http://www.freewebs.com/kickz_elma
Play teh pipes!
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

though im finished with school by now, id like to tell my average grades i got:
(on a scale from 0 to 15, 15 is best)
maths: 2
english: 12
rest from 5 to 9

note that i passed school with minimum effort = never doing homework and not learning much : )
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

insane guy wrote:though im finished with school by now, id like to tell my average grades i got:
(on a scale from 0 to 15, 15 is best)
maths: 2
english: 12
rest from 5 to 9

note that i passed school with minimum effort = never doing homework and not learning much : )
lol, i know how you could get 15 in math :
an average Hungarian kuski and Karlis are driving Warm Up.
karlis drove 14,073 style, but died at the 2nd hill (with the alovolt). the average Hungarian kuski drove the Hungarian record style, but had a delay of 00,04 sec when taking the apple. the average Hungarian finished the run.
what was the exact time when the backwheel of the Hungarian kuski met the head of the dead karlis?

(answer : there is no answer, Karlis' pr in WU is 14,074, so he can't drive 14,073!)
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

you see, that's just stupid. :P (just joking around, oki)

I go to the 'gymnasium' school. It's just the highest form of education here in netherlands. But from most grades I get, it's mostly 7/8 out of 10. I could do better if I did homework for more than one hour a day. BUt I don't feel like wasting too much time for schoolwor; boring. :/
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

I dont do homework at all (i only learn for exams), but thats a bad habit.
you know, i just think "elma or homework.... hmmm if i'll do homework i'll waste 1-2 hours, if i'll play elma i can hoyl internals and cut some seconds off my TT... lets play elma"
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

i hate school, i dont do homework and have never done

thats all :evil:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I've always been a good student, good grades, above average ( until secondary 5 :cry: ( the year where you graduate ! ))
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

I go in pro-gymnasium class - the smartest in school :D
I have normal grades - 6-9 in scale of 10 (10-best), but I HATE homework! I never do it and it lowers my grades dame it ;/
39:37,91
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

you seem to have same school system as we have.
Stini
39mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Stini »

I think I'm quite good in school...my grade average is about 9,8 (Finnish grading system is from 4 to 10) and I'm in Ressu Upper Secondary School, which is one of the most respected schools in Finland (I think). I've got many times different kind of grants (almost every year) and I've succeeded quite well in different kind of contests like maths and economics. I won the economics contest last year in my previous school (about 400-500 students I think) even though I don't care a crap about economics and I didn't study anything for the test. I was also 2nd two years ago in math contest in our school and 3rd three years ago. Everyone thought that I would have won the contest last year, even the teachers talk about it aloud...maybe that's the reason I didn't win it...too much pressure (or I just suck to teh max :D). I also got the biggest grant in our school 4 years ago and I've got many other grants during my life. Lolz what a bragging post :D. Enough bragging...now everyone thinks that I'm a nerd...but that's ok, because all the girls call me when they have problems with homework. 8)
Flyrre
Kuski

Post by Flyrre »

I am doing quite well in school me too :)
In sweden we have a grade system which goes from IG - G - VG - MVG, where IG is worst and MVG best.
When i got my mid-term grades I was quite surprised, I had 7 MVG,s and 3 VG,s :) Quite well IMO. And maybe I should tell i go on a Gymnasium, second year, technological education :D
[GF] ;)
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Meh, I wouldnt say I do great, although I probably would if I tried...
I've been very unmotivated at school for ages now, and I never really do homework, and I passed the GCSEs (16 year old exams) easily with no effort...I say easily, I got Ds, Cs and Bs where the scale goes: A*, A, B, C (High passes) D, E (Low Passes) F, G (Fail), so more or less borderline.
Still, GCSEs dont count for shit except for getting into college, which I ez did, and Im applying for a second year soon. Im going to be doing either a PC maintenance course, or an E-Media course, so either way Im sure I could elma-ise my work...especially with E-Media...

As for intelligence being linked to elma, it is quite possible...one of the most common reasons for playing elma is "I find it relaxing", and it does make sense for intelligent people to want some way of turning off their thoughts and stuff...or maybe it is the challenge they like...meh, someone should do a study of kuskis intelligence
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

So err.. I finished school, but dame I wish I hadn't.. was fun! specially last year.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

become a teechreehr
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

at yours? I can teach dutch then :D
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

YERASH PLzdo
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

tijsjoris wrote:So err.. I finished school, but dame I wish I hadn't.. was fun! specially last year.

Didn't you start studying history or music or something?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yes, indeed, glad someone reads my input. I started history, but quit two months ago. From september I'll be going on musicology for real, this time in another city. Finally I found what I really am interested in as a study.

But come on, high school is like the classic period of becoming a human. You start out as a fjortis, and you come out as a wagnerian ideal of mankind; strong, vivid, sophisticated, independent, arian. :roll:

After all that, it can only go downhill towards the grave. Sure, your first baby might be nice, and marriage and all, but in the end you die or take an early divorce. Your children desert you when you're becoming senile, and even if you once were a mighty captain of industry or the prime minister of your country, in the end you just die. You pay taxes, a lot, and you pretend you have friends.

High school is the last place where friendschip is still worth more than monies and what more. Sex usually is out of the picture, and relationships occur around hobbies and deep love, as opposite to later friendschips in life which resolve around the mutual interests of both parties.

Oh, youth.

Ofcourse not, high school is the last struggle that needs to be taken before you can finally take that necessary leap into real life. The last layer of the womb taken away from you, from which you thought to be released long before. Gone with the false safety and the mere pretentions. Youth was all one big facade and in the real life you don't bother with fallacies like the hundreds of meaningless precious hollow friendships you wished to sustain with all your buddies in school.

So what are your feelings about school?
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

you are putting a little more into graduating from high school than it can uphold. "real life" or whatever shouldn't start until you're 30 man, stay young!
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

i got kicked out of school 3 months before graduating. those bastards.
39:37,91
Alma
Kuski

Post by Alma »

i´m close to finish the damn school. 1 day to go :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

1rst year of university done,

had some problems in a programmation course, finished with D+ (yuck). I guess i am not an ML / OCaML / lambda-calculus type of person... those languages seriously aren't my thing. Kinda lacked of practice too...

besides, everything went kinda ok, average grades...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

I never study for tests etc. :blushes: Only some 15-20 mins in bus every day b4 teh school. :wink: Thats why i suck whit my over 8 average. Dont know what means it in your impsy ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUWVXYZÅÄÖ-ahit but i think Z or Å. :roll:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

FinMan wrote:I never study for tests etc. :blushes: Only some 15-20 mins in bus every day b4 teh school. :wink: Thats why i suck whit my over 8 average. Dont know what means it in your impsy ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUWVXYZÅÄÖ-ahit but i think Z or Å. :roll:
in general, it goes like this (depends on classes):

* = 100% (depends on institution or other shits, can be A+ too)
A+ = 96% - 99%
A = 93% - 96%
A- = 90% - 93%
B+ = 86% - 89%
B = 83% - 86%
B- = 80% - 83%
C+= 76% - 79%
C = 73% - 76%
C- = 70% - 73%
D+ = 66%- 69%
D = 63% - 66%
D- = 60% - 63%
E = 59% - 0% (failure)

you can understand percentages right? 100% is perfect , 0% is shit :)
OtorK
37mins club

Post by OtorK »

finished university like 3 years ago
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

in austria there are grades from 1 (best) to 5 (worst). next year will be my last school year! this year (about 2 real school weeks to go) i have an average of about 2,0! that's quite good for me.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
FinMan wrote:I never study for tests etc. :blushes: Only some 15-20 mins in bus every day b4 teh school. :wink: Thats why i suck whit my over 8 average. Dont know what means it in your impsy ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUWVXYZÅÄÖ-ahit but i think Z or Å. :roll:

A+ = 96% - 99%
A = 93% - 96%
A- = 90% - 93%
B+ = 86% - 89%
B = 83% - 86%
B- = 80% - 83%
C+= 76% - 79%
C = 73% - 76%
C- = 70% - 73%
D+ = 66%- 69%
D = 63% - 66%
D- = 60% - 63%
E = 59% - 0% (failure)

dame why cant sweden have this kind of grades too? :(
now we just have sucky system of MVG, VG, G and IG
MVG is the best and IG is a complete failure. G is lowest grade u can have and still pass.

1st year of uni soon done... More aerospace on 2nd year o/ Kinda lack selfdiscipline to study on my own but im trying.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

J-sim wrote:you are putting a little more into graduating from high school than it can uphold. "real life" or whatever shouldn't start until you're 30 man, stay young!
Yes, totally true. I will stay young then.

by the way 8-ball, something I don't really understand, you always were one of the smartest of your school, and I recall it had to do with some minor incident that you got kicked out. Why is it that they used such harsh measure?
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

The_BoneLESS wrote:

A+ = 96% - 99%
A = 93% - 96%
A- = 90% - 93%
B+ = 86% - 89%
B = 83% - 86%
B- = 80% - 83%
C+= 76% - 79%
C = 73% - 76%
C- = 70% - 73%
D+ = 66%- 69%
D = 63% - 66%
D- = 60% - 63%
E = 59% - 0% (failure)

kinda hard imho. our "E" is under 50 percent and not under 60...
chux
Kuski

Re:

Post by chux »

chux wrote:Im applying for a second year soon. Im going to be doing either a PC maintenance course, or an E-Media course...
Weird, I actually did the PC maintenance course, just a couple of years later than that. I ended up doing some ballefax like film studies, which I dropped out of...boring. Then the PC thing, which is cut into five sections. I did the first three, but they wont let me do the last two because no one else is interested in taking the course, theyre not running it...same excuse they used for the aforementioned E-media! They just dont whane me :(
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

lukazz, for some classes, E is under 50, as you said but, it depends on the teacher and the course.

one of my friends even has a class where E is under 40% and A is over 72% ... hard course
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The_BoneLESS wrote: E = 59% - 0% (failure)
Hmm, E is a failing grade in your university? Here E is the worst passing grade, while F is fail.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

SveinR wrote:
The_BoneLESS wrote: E = 59% - 0% (failure)
Hmm, E is a failing grade in your university? Here E is the worst passing grade, while F is fail.
Yes it is, in fact, "E" stands for "Échec" (which means "Failure")...maybe that's why you need "F" in schools where english is the main language, "F" for "Failure"... would that make any sense?!
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Thanks BoneLESS :)

We have some 10 = perfect 4 = fail-system (no 10+ possible like you have A+). And ofc in certificate those are like only 10, 9, 8 etc, with no +, - or ½ letters. :)
Like same than yours but numbers is there where you have letters. :P

I have some over 8 if average at all subjects, and i think it is some B or C. :roll:

Best subject is arts with near 10. :D
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

The_BoneLESS wrote:one of my friends even has a class where E is under 40% and A is over 72% ... hard course
Haha lol, wtf :D