Pipes for Headbanger

Look for replays and levels and ask people's times.

Moderator: Moporators

ting
Beginner kuski

Pipes for Headbanger

Post by ting »

Wondering if there are any good levels to practise vertical pipes on to get shortcut time for Headbanger? Suggetions .levs and .recs would be appreciated.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

i have this level which is the actual headbanger pipe. i'm afraid it's totally useless though as a training level :P (although quite fun to hoyl)

headbanger pipe isn't really a pie as much as a speed compression... doesn't require pipe skills imo
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
dunedan
Kuski

Post by dunedan »

No, its almost useless to practise on. The hard part is to stabilize in the start of the pipe, then just hopes it goes well.
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

sierra wrote:headbanger pipe isn't really a pie as much as a speed compression... doesn't require pipe skills imo
So wtf is it then? I have made all sorts of tricks but when it comes to two walls or roof/ceiling forcing you to compress freakin' bike then it's sure a pipe dammit. That very lev has had a pipe for five years so you chill teh chobo. :P I know pies cuz i always feel my bones shivering as soon as I enter teh
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Crazy, what i mean is that you don't need to be a good pipe player to do HB. getting inside is not what i consider a pipe-specific skill, and fuck all you have to do is volt or space for about two seconds and then it's over. playing pipes over and over won't really make a difference... except maybe for confidence or something i dunno. still not a pipe.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
ting
Beginner kuski

Post by ting »

mmk, thanks, i guess.
Lex
Kuski

Post by Lex »

i think its a pipe, coz i suc at pipes, and i cant do it :(