My first map

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

MAx_
Beginner kuski

My first map

Post by MAx_ »

I think I did pretty OK, but some tips from you pros would be nice, so what do you guys think?

Some feedback to improve the level would be appreciated.

Ps. I've also got a replay where I finish the map if you guys can't finish it without knowing what to do.

Beat It!

But for now, only the level.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

typical noob lev :>

ill go play :)
Proud Member Of RDK
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Things you should defintly make better :

- Make some grass, if you don't know how, check this link : http://zworqy.com/elmaguide/index.html ( go in the Editor part, click Elma Editor, it's lower in the page )

- I don't really know if there's more than one style but, you should make it a little clearer...

- The level may be a little long for most players.

But beside that, the level could be really great !
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

Tip: make one polygon instead of two polygons close to eachother :wink:
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Rez wrote:Tip: make one polygon instead of two polygons close to eachother :wink:
Yes, listen to that tip, dude!
Mostly, it is just very annoying when 2 polygons is very very close to eachother bcauz teh editor wanted it to be so close, so kuskis cant see it!
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

No speedboosters, it makes the level too hard when you get max speed.
MAx_
Beginner kuski

Post by MAx_ »

Yeah, I might put in some grass in the level, make it a little more good looking.

The part about the two polygons I didn't quite understand, could you spesify where the problem is located?

About the map beeing too long, I finished it in 2.30, I don't think that's too long. I'll put out the replay so you can see what style I used.

Thanks for the replies

replay
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

2.30 is long 4 a level, and most ppl dont play levz which takz too long to finish
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, some things require quite some mongo styles, which can't be done in a flowing style. That's when a long level becomes annoying.